facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2019, 02:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Have you quantum physicists considered the probability that maybe...maybe Shakib is trying to hide something, hence his acquiescence?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old October 29, 2019, 02:07 PM
Cricket Savant

It's a classic happenstance of a truck driver hitting a bystander who was supposed to be a criminal. Meaning wrong thing happened at the wrong time. Hume's connexion and all. Just cuz A correlates to B doesn't mean there is relation.

Papon's retaliation has nothing to do with Shakib's culpability.

Meaning, it seems Shakib was shady as TBF pointed out so it is kinda of a plea bargain. Shame on Shakib. I thought you had better guts. And it is unfortunate bookies can pretty much get our nubile boys anywhere anytime. lol smdh

Old October 29, 2019, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

My take is this something like this transpired lol

bookies: whatts up?
iceman: pore kotha hobe

*goes to inform Papon*

shak74: kaku ei holo ghotona
papon: thak eishob bepar kaure bolar dorkar nai ...ulta amder gondogol hobe
shakib: accha

Old October 29, 2019, 02:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Just rated this thread terrible. Please do so if you agree.

Old October 29, 2019, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

This thread is 10 years old..Soon it will be inactive
Old October 29, 2019, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
It's a classic happenstance of a truck driver hitting a bystander who was supposed to be a criminal. Meaning wrong thing happened at the wrong time. Hume's connexion and all. Just cuz A correlates to B doesn't mean there is relation.

Papon's retaliation has nothing to do with Shakib's culpability.

Meaning, it seems Shakib was shady as TBF pointed out so it is kinda of a plea bargain. Shame on Shakib. I thought you had better guts. And it is unfortunate bookies can pretty much get our nubile boys anywhere anytime. lol smdh
Funny the way you guys are portraying as if he actually fixed matches. Our players are not superhuman or superheroes. They too make mistakes, what is important - did that mistake change the outcome of any of those matches- no it didn’t. So practically he didn’t do anything immoral to compromise his team’s honour. Yes, It still boggles my mind why didn’t he let ACU know about it. But as far as I know, he did let Papon know as someone connected to BCB was involved. Now there is no way to prove that so that’s pure stupidity from Shakib. He should have let ACU know about it unless he was actually threatened. Also what concerns me more is why didn’t he fix any matches when he got approached thrice? I mean If he never intended to do that then why did he respond to this bookie? Something is missing here. Good that Shakib got the punishment, though I feel the punishment is a little too harsh.

Also, this incident should be a good reason to investigate even further and find out all the culprits. Why only players will pay the price? Everyone connected to it should get punished as well. The proven corrupt people are sitting on the board while a player is getting punished not for corruption but for not notifying. I think many are talking about urging ICC to revise this rule as not always players are in a position to notify as their lives or their families' lives are in danger. When ICC knows about these bookies then they should find a way to take action against them.
Old October 30, 2019, 12:15 AM
Test Cricketer

সানরাইজার্সের একজন নির্দিষ্ট খেলোয়াড় ওই ম্যাচে খেলবেন কি না, এ ব্যাপারে সাকিবের কাছে জানতে চান তিনি। এ ছাড়া দলের ভেতরের আরও কিছু খবরও জানতে চান আগারওয়াল। সেদিন আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে বেশ অনেকক্ষণ ধরে কথা হয় সাকিবের। আগারওয়াল সাকিবের কাছে তাঁর ডলার অ্যাকাউন্টের বিস্তারিত তথ্য জানতে চান। জবাবে সাকিব বলেন, তিনি আগে আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে দেখা করতে চান

This tells me the ban, in fact, should have been longer. Let's not kid ourselves this not just normal chit chat he clearly knew he is proposing to fix with potential monetary benefits and this is against the code. Despite that, he continued conversations. Even if it is not in codes he should not have carried that conversation and reported it right away.

Thing is this is against the code not just in cricket but in any professional domain. People from the subcontinent just don't understand that because they don't get trained on this in their professional life.
Old October 30, 2019, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Oh really, then why not come out and clear the air tonight of all nights?

Instead, all we have is radio silence so far.
I definitely don't support Shakib nor do I think he is innocent in this matter - definitely had some shady sh*t going on. However, if a powerful man had a gun pointed towards me, friends and family, I too would stfu and take a 1 year ban and go on my merry way. One year vs looking behind my shoulder for the rest of my life, not really a hard bargain when it's put into that perspective.

This is why I sympathized with Amir. Kid probably didn't have much of a choice. Bookies definitely has big connections or works for them.
Old October 30, 2019, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Funny the way you guys are portraying as if he actually fixed matches. Our players are not superhuman or superheroes. They too make mistakes, what is important - did that mistake change the outcome of any of those matches- no it didn’t. So practically he didn’t do anything immoral to compromise his team’s honour. Yes, It still boggles my mind why didn’t he let ACU know about it. But as far as I know, he did let Papon know as someone connected to BCB was involved. Now there is no way to prove that so that’s pure stupidity from Shakib. He should have let ACU know about it unless he was actually threatened. Also what concerns me more is why didn’t he fix any matches when he got approached thrice? I mean If he never intended to do that then why did he respond to this bookie? Something is missing here. Good that Shakib got the punishment, though I feel the punishment is a little too harsh.

Also, this incident should be a good reason to investigate even further and find out all the culprits. Why only players will pay the price? Everyone connected to it should get punished as well. The proven corrupt people are sitting on the board while a player is getting punished not for corruption but for not notifying. I think many are talking about urging ICC to revise this rule as not always players are in a position to notify as their lives or their families' lives are in danger. When ICC knows about these bookies then they should find a way to take action against them.
Well said
Old October 30, 2019, 05:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I definitely don't support Shakib nor do I think he is innocent in this matter - definitely had some shady sh*t going on. However, if a powerful man had a gun pointed towards me, friends and family, I too would stfu and take a 1 year ban and go on my merry way. One year vs looking behind my shoulder for the rest of my life, not really a hard bargain when it's put into that perspective.

This is why I sympathized with Amir. Kid probably didn't have much of a choice. Bookies definitely has big connections or works for them.
You realise Amir was setup in a newspaper sting? There were no bookies or criminals involved.
Old October 30, 2019, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickets
You realise Amir was setup in a newspaper sting? There were no bookies or criminals involved.
The bookie was arrested remember? I don't remember the name exactly, news paper agent went to the bookie to give him money to spot fix, etc, etc, etc. Amir and co, played it out exactly how the bookie talked about in the secretly recorded video.
Not saying Amir is innocent in this, all am saying is that we don't know if he was threatened behind the scene to play it out, either from the bookies or his dear old captain. Bottom line is, bookies/teammates could Infact threaten/don't leave them with choices sometimes. Players could feel caged. If after reporting, they can't find any security from icc/own board, these kind of situation will occur over and over again.
Old October 30, 2019, 09:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bura
সানরাইজার্সের একজন নির্দিষ্ট খেলোয়াড় ওই ম্যাচে খেলবেন কি না, এ ব্যাপারে সাকিবের কাছে জানতে চান তিনি। এ ছাড়া দলের ভেতরের আরও কিছু খবরও জানতে চান আগারওয়াল। সেদিন আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে বেশ অনেকক্ষণ ধরে কথা হয় সাকিবের। আগারওয়াল সাকিবের কাছে তাঁর ডলার অ্যাকাউন্টের বিস্তারিত তথ্য জানতে চান। জবাবে সাকিব বলেন, তিনি আগে আগারওয়ালের সঙ্গে দেখা করতে চান

This tells me the ban, in fact, should have been longer. Let's not kid ourselves this not just normal chit chat he clearly knew he is proposing to fix with potential monetary benefits and this is against the code. Despite that, he continued conversations. Even if it is not in codes he should not have carried that conversation and reported it right away.
Agree, this was not just an innocent oversight from Shakib.

However, I do think one year ban is long enough.
Old October 30, 2019, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Other cricket pundits think Shakib is lucky to get away with just a year ban. I think that too.
Old October 31, 2019, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

সন্দেহের তালিকায় নেই বাংলাদেশের অন্য কোনো ক্রিকেটার
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক, ঢাকা
৩১ অক্টোবর ২০১৯, ১৩:০৬
আপডেট: ৩১ অক্টোবর ২০১৯, ১৪:১২
প্রথম আলো ফাইল ছবি
প্রথম আলো ফাইল ছবি

দীপক আগারওয়ালকে ঘিরে গভীর তদন্তে নেমেছে আইসিসি। ফেঁসে যেতে পারেন বেশ কিছু ক্রিকেটার। তবে বাংলাদেশের আর কারও থাকার শঙ্কা নেই

জুয়াড়ির প্রস্তাব গোপন করে নিষিদ্ধ হয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান। ভারতীয় সেই জুয়াড়ি দীপক আগাওয়ালের কাছে নাকি বাংলাদেশের আরও কয়েকজন ক্রিকেটারের ফোন নম্বর আছে। গত কদিনে এমন তথ্যই জানিয়েছে সংবাদমাধ্যম। কিন্তু বিপদের তালিকায় বাংলাদেশের আর কোনো ক্রিকেটারের থাকার শঙ্কা নেই বলেই জানিয়েছে সংশ্লিষ্ট সূত্র।

জুয়াড়িরা কড়া নেড়েছিলেন আফিফ হোসেনের দরজাতেও। কিন্তু সন্দেহজনক মনে হওয়ায় দেরি না করে তা আইসিসি ও বিসিবির দুর্নীতি দমন ইউনিটকে (এসিইউ) জানিয়ে দেন তরুণ এ ক্রিকেটার। শুধু তাই নয়, সাকিব যাঁর প্রস্তাব গোপন করে শাস্তি পেয়েছেন সেই দীপক আগারওয়াল যোগাযোগ করেছিলেন তামিম ইকবালের সঙ্গেও। কিন্তু তামিমও বুদ্ধি করে জানিয়ে দেন বিসিবির দুর্নীতি দমন বিভাগকে। বাংলাদেশের এ ওপেনারকে হোয়াটসঅ্যাপে বার্তা পাঠিয়েছিলেন আগারওয়াল। তামিম তাঁকে হোয়াটসঅ্যাপে ‘ব্লক’ করেন। এসিইউকে সব প্রমাণ দেখিয়ে ছাড়া পান তামিম।

আইসিসির দুর্নীতি দমন বিভাগ সাকিব ছাড়াও বাংলাদেশের আরও ছয় ক্রিকেটারের সঙ্গে কথা বলেছে বলে জানিয়েছে কয়েকটি সংবাদমাধ্যম। দীপক আগারওয়ালকে ঘিরেও আইসিসির তদন্তের ডালপালা ছড়িয়ে আছে আরও নানা দিকে। অদূর ভবিষ্যতে তাতে ফেঁসে যেতে পারেন আরও ক্রিকেটার। তবে সে তালিকায় বাংলাদেশের আর কারও থাকার আশঙ্কা নেই বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র।
© স্বত্ব প্রথম আলো ১৯৯৮ - ২০১৯
সম্পাদক ও প্রকাশক: মতিউর রহমান
প্রগতি ইনস্যুরেন্স ভবন, ২০-২১ কারওয়ান বাজার , ঢাকা ১২১৫

ফোন: ৮১৮০০৭৮-৮১, ফ্যাক্স: ৫৫০১২২০০, ৫৫০১২২১১ ইমেইল: info@prothomalo.com

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...-কোনো
Old October 31, 2019, 03:38 AM
Cricket Legend

i see some partial mistake too done by Shakib himself, why didn’t he inform acsu about this at first place like tamim and afif did ?!
now he wouldn’t have trapped by papi-papon i bet who now enjoying the drama.
Old October 31, 2019, 06:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Other cricket pundits think Shakib is lucky to get away with just a year ban. I think that too.
I wouldn't pay much attention to them. From Day 1 they have been annoyingly kanjush to give praise and compliment. While they may be right to certain extent, these same fools have a tendency to condescendingly view us as minnows without mentioning the word. Don't forget.

What suddenly Deano, Romjiz Rice and Vaughn became avatars of cricket?

Jay Hind!

Old October 31, 2019, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

This guy's ban hijacking the news cycle, when we all had just found out how dysfunctional the board is, is the saddest realization of all.

No talk about how we can build the team, build infrastructure, investigate incumbent crooks in the board, enable the coach. Nope, no talk of that. Instead we want to cry about a tempted fool, who never won Bd anything.

Old November 1, 2019, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
This guy's ban hijacking the news cycle, when we all had just found out how dysfunctional the board is, is the saddest realization of all.

No talk about how we can build the team, build infrastructure, investigate incumbent crooks in the board, enable the coach. Nope, no talk of that. Instead we want to cry about a tempted fool, who never won Bd anything.

Spot on !!
Old October 28, 2020, 12:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The 75 is back again! Boy we missed him. When he isnt there, guys like Afif, Miraz are considered all rounders.
Old November 17, 2020, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Spineless Al Hassan apologizes for attending Kali Puja. Clips of his participation and apology are both in the link below.

In a sense, nothing has changed in Bd. Will we see any of the mullahs rebuke the person who made the death threat? No, not at all. They are stroking their beards and accepting this cowardly apology in glee as I type this. Scum!

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...576-2020-11-17
Old November 18, 2020, 12:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Spineless Al Hassan apologizes for attending Kali Puja. Clips of his participation and apology are both in the link below.

In a sense, nothing has changed in Bd. Will we see any of the mullahs rebuke the person who made the death threat? No, not at all. They are stroking their beards and accepting this cowardly apology in glee as I type this. Scum!

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...576-2020-11-17
What else should Sakib do? Take asylum in India or run away to Europe? What has happened in unfortunate. Dimwits don't understand individual liberty and are throwing death threats.
Old November 18, 2020, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
What else should Sakib do? Take asylum in India or run away to Europe? What has happened in unfortunate. Dimwits don't understand individual liberty and are throwing death threats.
This is a tough one. For the first time I actually side with Roey on a quasi-religious matter. I think social media is the biggest problem here. It is amplifying small extreme voices and then it becomes news that you can't ignore.

this is something very innocuous, diplomatic and something shakib should be proud to be part of. Instead it became about Muslim sensitivities due to some nutcase getting a platform and going viral.

This gesture makes him a far better Muslim/human to lead by example what good human should be. While trying to appease one religion, he under no circumstances hurt sentiments of another. The threat and subsequent online reactions perhaps played in his head and he thought he needed to apologize to get rid of this. I am sure he doesn't want to be part of this conversation. While it is true, the ideal thing to do would be to stand your ground, but he can not change the mindset and behaviors of others who are brought up in a poisonous environment.

Anyways, i think his video was premature. he should have ignored it and let the thing die on its own. He doesn't have to address everything. I think he made it worse. Amplified fear probably played part... the nutcase might be a nuisance .. but he got viral and that is where shakib probably felt threatened..
Old November 18, 2020, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

this website is so buggy.
Old November 18, 2020, 12:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

This is not the only time this kind of thing has happened. Liton Das faced the ire earlier for his Durga Puja greetings in Facebook.

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...omments-160513
Old November 23, 2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Spineless Al Hassan apologizes. ]
Roey, nice to see you back

I don't believe Ice Man is spineless....he did it under immense pressure from both the govt. and our mullahs ...