facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2017, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default How should we replace the Pakistan tour?

July is a terrible time to host cricket in Bangladesh due to the rain, so we can either host someone (probably just for LOIs) or propose to tour another country.

As far as tours go, the best place would be the West Indies, but they are touring England so there might not be time to sneak in 2 Tests and 3 ODIs.

If Ireland or Afghanistan get Test status in June, maybe we can tour them for Tests, although it rains like a byach in Ireland too and washouts would cost us points. Still better than not playing at all I suppose.

Hosting Zimbabwe is pointless both from a financial and cricket point of view since Zimbabwe couldn't beat an egg. Touring Zimbabwe provides more of a challenge, but with the poor state of their grounds you don't want to lose points due to duckworth lewis because they can't afford floodlights in 2017.

So what options, if any do we have?

We need some longer version games before the Aussies visit. And then we'd have to consider that the Aussies may very well back out at the last minute as well.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old April 29, 2017, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

stay home; enjoy the weather. home cook meal is so good to have. living abroad teaches you few lessons.
Old April 29, 2017, 02:10 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Invite Zimbabwe and give chances to some new players.
Old April 29, 2017, 02:54 PM

Pakistan is coming IMO, hence no alternative plan needed!
Old April 29, 2017, 04:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Pakistan is not coming. Al Furqaan just explained why.

Quote:
Hosting Zimbabwe is pointless both from a financial and cricket point of view since Zimbabwe couldn't beat an egg.Touring Zimbabwe provides more of a challenge, but with the poor state of their grounds you don't want to lose points due to duckworth lewis because they can't afford floodlights in 2017.
Even though Bangladesh defeated Pakistan at Bangladesh, it still means nothing for Pakistan since that was the series used for experimentation which most teams do through minnow teams. Losing to minnow means upset akin to big shock which is what that was for Pakistan.

Financially, Pakistan literally benefits nothing from playing Bangladesh. Whereas for Bangladesh, they do a lot. So it is not mutual interest since Bangladesh is only useful for political statement which Bangladesh has declined, so the decision is respected. That being said, Pakistan has done a lot more than BCB has bargained for. It is your guys time to respect the decision of PCB now.
Old April 29, 2017, 05:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikBro
Pakistan is not coming. Al Furqaan just explained why.

Even though Bangladesh defeated Pakistan at Bangladesh, it still means nothing for Pakistan since that was the series used for experimentation which most teams do through minnow teams. Losing to minnow means upset akin to big shock which is what that was for Pakistan.

Financially, Pakistan literally benefits nothing from playing Bangladesh. Whereas for Bangladesh, they do a lot. So it is not mutual interest since Bangladesh is only useful for political statement which Bangladesh has declined, so the decision is respected. That being said, Pakistan has done a lot more than BCB has bargained for. It is your guys time to respect the decision of PCB now.
This series would have been a good time for us to experiment against a minnow Pakistan side. Your team is worse than us in ODIs and as good as us in Tests.

Furthermore, the fact that Pakistan wants us to tour Lahore and Karachi indicates that we are as financially viable as West Indies or Sri Lanka (probably more) so until we get that respect, PCB will only be humiliated by BCB over and over.

Learn lessons from the BCCI, don't repeat the mistake of thinking you are bigger than you are.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 29, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Malik Bro, you know there's this alleged cricket website called cricinfo.com which contains nothing but fake scorecards posted by Indian conspiracy theorists. Here's what they say about the BD - Pak series:

1st ODI: Bangladesh v Pakistan at Dhaka - Apr 17, 2015
Bangladesh 329/6 (50/50 ov); Pakistan 250 (45.2/50 ov)
Bangladesh won by 79 runs

2nd ODI: Bangladesh v Pakistan at Dhaka - Apr 19, 2015
Pakistan 239/6 (50/50 ov); Bangladesh 240/3 (38.1/50 ov)
Bangladesh won by 7 wickets (with 71 balls remaining)

3rd ODI: Bangladesh v Pakistan at Dhaka - Apr 22, 2015
Pakistan 250 (49/50 ov); Bangladesh 251/2 (39.3/50 ov)
Bangladesh won by 8 wickets (with 63 balls remaining)

Can you believe the audacity of these fake scorecard writers? In what alternate universe can you even imagine Bull $hit like this? Both you and I know these numbers cannot be fact based. If there was an ounce of truth to it and I found my team got destroyed like that I'd also go on a fact finding mission at different nengta pirs mazaars to seek out the best remedy for me. You know all pills aren't created equal, some work better than others. I have no doubt Malik Bro you've found your elixir. Btw don't listen to ppl like Al_Furqaan who went to these crazy institutions called med schools. They always say crazy things, like living in denial is unhealthy, they'll try to dissuade you from taking those pills too. Both you and I know what's more important, to sleep well at night. By the way if you want to try something different I've heard of this pir near tora bora who gives out thora achcha strong pills. But I think you're doing great MalikBro. I'm so proud of you!
Old April 29, 2017, 06:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
This series would have been a good time for us to experiment against a minnow Pakistan side. Your team is worse than us in ODIs and as good as us in Tests.

Furthermore, the fact that Pakistan wants us to tour Lahore and Karachi indicates that we are as financially viable as West Indies or Sri Lanka (probably more) so until we get that respect, PCB will only be humiliated by BCB over and over.

Learn lessons from the BCCI, don't repeat the mistake of thinking you are bigger than you are.
Pakistan might be worst team, but nonetheless, Pakistan is still competitive team. It was not competitive team that was sent playing Bangladesh in the year of 2015.

That being said, Champion Trophy will decide the true value of Bangladesh, and Pakistan in limited formats, and ODI WC. Other than that, of course Bangladesh is competitive team - at home.

Pakistan is struggling team, but Bangladesh brings nothing on the table [financially]. So why bother playing Bangladesh with little exchange from Bangladesh in term of financially which your your own cricket board supported India on Big-3 in exchange for paltry price [few more cricket series] over the long-term of Bangladesh cricket.

Don't complain about PCB when you are main supporter of India on Big-3 which is devised over the financially aspect of the revenue model.

Even if Bangladesh beats Pakistan 100 times, that will not change the fact Bangladesh is still minnow - at least to the sponsors that pay for commercial rights. Why do you think PCB hasn't hosted Bangladesh team in UAE for years? Bangladesh brings nothing on the table. And i am not surprised that PCB called off the tour since the only leverage Bangladesh had was political statement which Bangladesh declined. Again, PCB respects the decision of BCB just as BCB and you guys should learn to respect the decision of PCB.

Complaining is not going to change the reality, does it?
Old April 29, 2017, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Lol this guy Malik has no shame after brutally bangla washed by team bd. Now try to give all excuses lol check all the players who were in the best possible xi and most of em are now still playing. Remember fizz didn't play in odi. Now bd could defeat em with bigger margin. Ask srilanka who beat Aus in Test and T20 recently. Pak is no more the team from pre 2000.. its history now! Its fact.

Now misbah n ykhan gone pak will become a headless chicken in Test as well. Mark my word!
Old April 29, 2017, 08:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Lol.. a new troller in the market
Old April 29, 2017, 09:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Yeah BD brings nothing on the table financially. So why even bother about us? Go play with WI and Zim.

Fix the security situation in your country first. Then invite other teams. Don't complain about keeping promises when you shoot at the guest's team bus.
Old April 29, 2017, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Pakistan might be worst team, but nonetheless, Pakistan is still competitive team. It was not competitive team that was sent playing Bangladesh in the year of 2015.

That being said, Champion Trophy will decide the true value of Bangladesh, and Pakistan in limited formats, and ODI WC. Other than that, of course Bangladesh is competitive team - at home.

Pakistan is struggling team, but Bangladesh brings nothing on the table [financially]. So why bother playing Bangladesh with little exchange from Bangladesh in term of financially which your your own cricket board supported India on Big-3 in exchange for paltry price [few more cricket series] over the long-term of Bangladesh cricket.

Don't complain about PCB when you are main supporter of India on Big-3 which is devised over the financially aspect of the revenue model.

Even if Bangladesh beats Pakistan 100 times, that will not change the fact Bangladesh is still minnow - at least to the sponsors that pay for commercial rights. Why do you think PCB hasn't hosted Bangladesh team in UAE for years? Bangladesh brings nothing on the table. And i am not surprised that PCB called off the tour since the only leverage Bangladesh had was political statement which Bangladesh declined. Again, PCB respects the decision of BCB just as BCB and you guys should learn to respect the decision of PCB.

Complaining is not going to change the reality, does it?
Well that fact has changed everywhere except with you and your beloved neighbors-who will always see us the little brother who shouldnt grow up.

And you keep talking about home, you probably missed the Sri Lankan tour. Ah wait, now you ll say Sri Lanka is a pathetic team.
Old April 29, 2017, 09:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Except you guys are complaining why Pakistan cancelled the pointless series. I am giving the version of PCB since there is no one to present from PCB's point of view at the face of one-sided with already presumed wild scenario going on here ever since the cancellation.

And of course, Pakistan is working on the situation as we speak. Hopefully later, Pakistan should be host teams at home safely. Until then, UAE is the answer, and even then, name of Bangladesh is not enough to convince sponsors to arrange the series in UAE. No offense.
Old April 29, 2017, 09:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Well that fact has changed everywhere except with you and your beloved neighbors-who will always see us the little brother who shouldnt grow up.

And you keep talking away home, you probably missed the Sri Lankan tour. Ah wait, now you ll say Sri Lanka is a pathetic team.

Please dont argue with this pathetic, biased, political based logic.
The fact hasn't changed, and if it has, then trust me. Sponsors would be readying available for Pakistan to host Bangladesh in UAE. Bangladesh is not lucrative team - at least from the sponsors point of view. Even then, Bangladesh is not lucrative at Pakistan either.

Hosting Bangladesh in Pakistan was the political message, not financially viable. Quite frankly, i am surprised PCB approached to BCB despite the fixated foreign policy of Bangladesh government towards Pakistan.

Hosting teams in UAE is very very very pricey, and despite that, Pakistan managed to profit despite the odds of hosting only lucrative teams for years. I guess it is the brand of Bangladesh cricket that needs rebranding to convince sponsors.

Don't blame Pakistan. Blame the sponsors or the branding which is BCB's job.
Old April 29, 2017, 10:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
The fact hasn't changed, and if it has, then trust me. Sponsors would be readying available for Pakistan to host Bangladesh in UAE. Bangladesh is not lucrative team - at least from the sponsors point of view. Even then, Bangladesh is not lucrative at Pakistan either.

Hosting Bangladesh in Pakistan was the political message, not financially viable. Quite frankly, i am surprised PCB approached to BCB despite the fixated foreign policy of Bangladesh government towards Pakistan.

Hosting teams in UAE is very very very pricey, and despite that, Pakistan managed to profit despite the odds of hosting only lucrative teams for years. I guess it is the brand of Bangladesh cricket that needs rebranding to convince sponsors.

Blame should be assigned based on fault. And the PCB is at fault.

1) How much money does hosting NZ in UAE? Who are the sponsors and what do they pay for the 500 Kiwis who will be watching the matches? Bangladesh has plenty of sponsors like Walton who would pay a lot of money to sponsor a series vs PAK if Pakistani sponsors are too arrogant to sponsor it.

2) Secondly, how is the BCB's brand any better in Pakistan than in UAE? Are they two separate teams? That means the PCB are lying, which is probably something they are very good at.

Bangladesh in ODIs has far more attractive players than Azhar Ali, Shezad Ahmed, Jalfrezi Chicken, and spot fixing Amir. Do you think any tom dick and harry cricketers can gain 30 points on the ODI table in just 2 years time, whereas Pakistan have lost 15 in the same period?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 30, 2017, 01:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Blame should be assigned based on fault. And the PCB is at fault.

1) How much money does hosting NZ in UAE? Who are the sponsors and what do they pay for the 500 Kiwis who will be watching the matches? Bangladesh has plenty of sponsors like Walton who would pay a lot of money to sponsor a series vs PAK if Pakistani sponsors are too arrogant to sponsor it.

2) Secondly, how is the BCB's brand any better in Pakistan than in UAE? Are they two separate teams? That means the PCB are lying, which is probably something they are very good at.

Bangladesh in ODIs has far more attractive players than Azhar Ali, Shezad Ahmed, Jalfrezi Chicken, and spot fixing Amir. Do you think any tom dick and harry cricketers can gain 30 points on the ODI table in just 2 years time, whereas Pakistan have lost 15 in the same period?

I take it you didn't read my post. Pakistan, India, West Indies, New Zealand, Australia, England, South Africa are very popular brands since 70s. That goes even before our times. Brand takes time to develop.

Bangladesh is still new despite starring since 90s. Its brand is still being developed. That takes time.

As for UAE, since Pakistan is being deprived from hosting at home which puts Pakistan as 'Powerhouse' in 90s for years, Pakistan has to make do with UAE. So, sponsors are only interested that could net reasonable turnover if not handsome. Those teams as mentioned do that, and in the last five years, all those teams including New Zealand and Sri Lanka that played Pakistan in UAE brought reasonable turnover for Pakistan for years.

But with Bangladesh, no sponsor is available - not at this moment. No sponsor is interested at Bangladesh, even your local sponsors weren't interested at one point so NEO [Indian channel] came to the rescue.

Judging by your post, i take it you don't understand how the sponsor works while you sold down Zimbabwe for the same reason; economical issue. Clearly, you cannot be hypocrite given your stands on Zimbabwe and then complain about Pakistan cancelling pointless.
Old April 30, 2017, 02:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Do you have any actual source to back up your claims that no sponsor is interested in Bangladesh team? If it is your personal observation then fine I will leave you at it. But to claim your observation as facts you gotta provide substansial proof.
Old April 30, 2017, 03:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Judging by your post, i take it you don't understand how the sponsor works while you sold down Zimbabwe for the same reason; economical issue. Clearly, you cannot be hypocrite given your stands on Zimbabwe and then complain about Pakistan cancelling pointless.
Not hypocrisy because they are 2 seperate things.

Pakistan wants us to tour PAK but not UAE.

Bangladesh doesn't want to host ZIM anywhere. Not hypocritical. Further we have nothing to gain by playing with them on purely cricketing terms. Not so with Pakistan vs Bangladesh.

The Pakistani brand is not that much stronger than Bangladesh. If it were, you wouldn't have Pakistani companies running to West Indies and New Zealand to sponsor the series. Why? Because local companies don't value this Pakistani side full of boring, no-name players.

Bangladesh can drag their sponsors around the globe to. So why not to the UAE?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 30, 2017, 03:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

It's actually good Pakistan are not touring Bangladesh; it would've been better had it been the other way around. I actually agree with Mr Malik that the Champions Trophy will decide where both sides actually stand despite Bangladesh dominance over Pakistan in the last series. Pakistan did actually win an ODI game in Australia whereas I don't believe Bangladesh would've even if they played 10 ODIs over there. Since that ODI series between Pakistan and Bangladesh, the Pakistan team have actually done a lot better.

In the meanwhile, Bangladesh should just take a break, or maybe play a 3 match ODI series against a team (other than Zimbabwe) that is available. I actually wouldn't mind if it's Afghanistan.
Old April 30, 2017, 04:54 AM
Test Cricketer

my two cents:

Pakistan has made a grave mistake by postponing/canceling the tour. Pakistan is in no position to make enemies now.

They already don't play against India. Even Their board president's repeated begging couldn't melt the heart of Bcci.

And now, they have betrayed with Bangladesh and tried to blackmail us to tour a terrorist infested land where no team even think about touring.

Heck, even Ireland refused to tour Pakistan but in return Pakistan didn't cancel the Ireland tour. This just tells that the life of our cricketer seems less valuable to them than the life of a Aussie or Irish cricketer. They took us for granted.

Shahryar won't remain as PCB chairman for eternity. He'll soon retire but he's made the life of the next PCB chairman quite difficult. The relationship between PCB and bcb could've been better than ever before but sadly now there isn't any chance of that happening because an old man couldn't keep his mouth shut due to his Supreme ego.
Old April 30, 2017, 06:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

The topic of this thread is about replacing the cancelled Pak tour.
And you guys are arguing about who is wrong, who made mistake, who is stronger.
Pls stick to the topic.
Old April 30, 2017, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
I am giving the version of PCB since there is no one to present from PCB's point of view
My suggestion would be to take everything that comes out of the mouth of any PCB official or press conference with a handful of salt. In the past they've claimed with a high degree of certitude that they would be able to turn a profit by hosting Bangladesh in UAE, only to do an about face before the series. It's one thing to change your mind and another to change the facts unless they were alternate facts to begin with?
Quote:
Why do you think PCB hasn't hosted Bangladesh team in UAE for years? Bangladesh brings nothing on the table.
Quote:
So, sponsors are only interested that could net reasonable turnover if not handsome. Those teams as mentioned do that, and in the last five years, all those teams including New Zealand and Sri Lanka that played Pakistan in UAE brought reasonable turnover for Pakistan for years.
I'm genuinely interested in reviewing sources supporting the claim that PCB made money from the series' against NZ and SL in UAE. My searches on PCB revenue return links that illustrate the following points:
1) Due to liabilities piling on, PCB is being forced to shut down cricket facilities and training programs
2) If India doesn't tour Pakistan in the next few years they stand to lose between $85 and $200 million dollars from its long term broadcasting deal.
3) PSL generated $50mm revenue with $2mm+ profits.
4) Pak govt is reviewing special request from PCB to tax their revenues at 4% rate

All of this gives me the impression PCB is heavily subsidized by and reliant on the govt to keep them afloat until things change for the better.
Old April 30, 2017, 06:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

A bunch of Beyadop chelera!
Amader baritey eshey amder jangia dhorey tanatani?
Eta kuno bhabei mene newa jai naa...
Mair den ederkey!
Old May 1, 2017, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Even if any Pakistani companies wont be willing to put money, trust me a Bangladeshi one would have. And they have been-even in away tours Bangladesh have been in. You are grossly underestimating the dollar Bangladeshi entities are willing to spend on their team.

I dont think you know anything about Bangladeshi cricket, nor have you been following. You re just arguing for the sake of it with preconceived politically inspired notions.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru

No point playing lower ranking teams such as Zimbabwe or Ireland before the September 1 deadline for WC qualification, even a single defeat against them will jeopardize our chance to auto qualify.

Black Caps are free during the period. I am sure both PCB and BCB will target them, as every win against them offer plenty of rating points.