facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 25, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Default US Open

We have a new number #1. Nadal most likely to win. Federer will go to the finals. Roddick will lose in the second round.

Still....Go RODDICK.

Last edited by Bancan; August 25, 2008 at 08:51 PM..

Old August 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No Nadal will not win. He haven't gone to the semis here, ever. Djokovic have a better chance over FedEx. He faced three times against the top two he is 3-0 (hardcourt). Whatever, go "I suck" Roddick.
Old August 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Monfil is out of the block. Advances in the second round. Easy victory!! Come on Monfil.
Old August 25, 2008, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Nadal faced some challenge in his first round match. His opponent Phau played some outstanding tennis.

I liked the celebration of past champions.
Old August 25, 2008, 11:42 PM
Cricket Legend

What's with your guys fascination with Roddick, the guy who hasn't won a slam for 5 years now? What gives? You two identify with him at some level? Your white friends support him?
Old August 26, 2008, 11:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
What's with your guys fascination with Roddick, the guy who hasn't won a slam for 5 years now? What gives? You two identify with him at some level? Your white friends support him?
Same reason we support Ash (look at my avatar), Bd team. Full of potentials. Flashes of brilliance. Mediocre performance time and again in the big stages.

Nothing to do with white or black. If his head could have been fixed he would have won few more slams. Now for Blake he is the most under achieved Tennis player I ever saw.
Old August 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Same reason we support Ash (look at my avatar), Bd team. Full of potentials. Flashes of brilliance. Mediocre performance time and again in the big stages.
This has to be the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen.

I am embarrassed that I even started this convo. Shine on.
Old August 26, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

ridiculous? how about 100% match?
Old August 26, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
This has to be the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen.

I am embarrassed that I even started this convo. Shine on.
That's kinda harsh way of criticizing a fellow BC member. We have to realize not all think alike.
Old August 26, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
ridiculous? how about 100% match?
Ash = Federer Pre Greatness or more like James Blake has some Big Shots doesn't know when it's best off to use a little spin and with some good depth and Just get it over the net

Roddick One Trick Pony, No game from the baseline, I hit Harder Forehands than this guy, All he does is play his shots SHORT, SHORT, SHORT and average players rip winners past him and the great ones would embarass him.

Andy Roddick = Some Crappy Bangladeshi Pacer, Rajib in ODI Cricket maybe and thats a Compliment to Roddick not Rajib.

Much eaiser to Compare Tennis Playuers to Bowlers, In terms of how the Tennis players Serve and Construct the points
Old August 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Roddick One Trick Pony, No game from the baseline, I hit Harder Forehands than this guy, All he does is play his shots SHORT, SHORT, SHORT and average players rip winners past him and the great ones would embarass him...
Yet at one point he became #1 player in the world. I wonder how can a one trick Pony do that? Shear luck I guess.

Do me a favor. Please go back to BD and win the tennis tourneys' we have. Should be too easy of a competition for you. Unless your backhand sucks big time.
Old August 26, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Yet at one point he became #1 player in the world. I wonder how can a one trick Pony do that? Shear luck I guess.

Do me a favor. Please go back to BD and win the tennis tourneys' we have. Should be too easy of a competition for you. Unless your backhand sucks big time.
People Figure you out eventually and whats he done since? Losing to medicore players, Don't worry My Backhand is Better than Roddicks I think your is too it's not that hard of a shot it's the Prize Money thats the problem ... Those Damn Cricketers get all the money
Old August 26, 2008, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What was that, 5 years ago? Sheesh that's half a tennis generation ago, man. Do you bet on a horse that won its last race five years ago? That's some weird blind devotion.

Roddick became number 1 late 2003 on the wings of a very good hardcourt season. That was the first and last time he had such good results, which indicates it was a fluke. Federer wasn't quite mature enough to dominate the tour at that point. Roddick was number one for a very short period of time, about 4 months, in which about 2 month were part of the off-season. He led Federer by just a few tens of points. He just got lucky.

Then he got completely figured out by Federer and got beaten over and over again for about 10 times in a row. Such was the mental beating from Federer that he slipped through the rankings and has now settled at #5/#6.

Look, I know why you support Roddick. You like to support potential American stars. You saw Roddick as a continuation of Sampras. You poor sap.
Old August 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
That's kinda harsh way of criticizing a fellow BC member. We have to realize not all think alike.
Yeah, but Tiger's Eye is not a 12 year old ninny. He can take this I am pretty sure.
Old August 27, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cricket Savant

The notion of me supporting the Americans only is wrong. Loser Lendle was my guy. Still remember how Pat Cash ruined my lust for Tennis. Yup Not Conners or Mac. BBorg, Wilander, Edberg, Becker - I would support them all the time. I only came to realise Sampras was the best after watching him closely. His calmness, soft nature made me a convert. Not becuase he was an American. Same with Golf; Would have cursed other players just so that an old Shark (Aussie) can win a major on American soil. He was the reason I started to follow golf. Then came Duval and Tiger. My dislike for Phil (so called White Americans golfing hero) is well documented. My liking or disliking depends on individuals not on their nationality or color.

Fluke!! lol, Yes the old horse (Roddick - 26 years of age, younger than Federer) is all washed up!! Yet this year he had beaten Nadal (1), FedEx(2), Joker(3) top three. Were those fluke also? My my Roddick is the fluke master. Roddick hasn't fullfilled his promise. He was No. 1 junior in U.S. in 1999-2000 and as No. 1 junior in world in 2000…A winner of six world junior singles and seven doubles titles, won the US Open and Australian Open junior singles titles in 2000. So Even though you may see him as a fluke I patiently wait and hope he starts fulfilling the promise he has. No one with fluke tennis game can go to four grand slam finals. Agree or disagree?

For all the past greats (excluding Fedex), losing 15-20 games in a season wasn't uncommon. He did win 40 games each year since 2001 (even with injury). Why put the sword on Andy only? May be you have not followed the game long enough or don't like sports history. Andy is no fluke. Just didn't fulfill the promise he had.

++++
Dear Arnab,
You do not like America, American sports, American people, American sports icons, American ABCDEFG...XYZ. That is not my problem. Take off your glasses. May be you can see the world from a different prospective.
Old August 27, 2008, 02:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Live score updates:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/i...l?promo=topnav
Tsonga is crusing. Good job. Moya having trouble to dislodge Aisamul Haq Qureshi (Pak).
Old August 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Click on the slam tracker. AQ wins the second set tiebreak 7-5. wow!! One set a piece. Way to go!!
Old August 27, 2008, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Atleast this one was thread appropriate.
Djokovich cruises in straight sets. But hurt his ankle in the process.
Realistically Roddick might lose tonight. Hope he can pull it off. But with him I wouldnt be too surprised if he loses here.
Old August 27, 2008, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Roddick wins in straight sets. 6-2,6-2,6-2.
Bizarre end when Roddick unintentionally almost hit Santero with his 140 mph serve. Santero then decided not to try to return Roddick's serve.
In the first set Roddick served a 147 mph one.
He will have a tough challenge in the 2nd round.
Old August 29, 2008, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ivanovic gone....Looking forward to some good matches tonite.....Safin v Robredo....Moya v Tsonga....Roddick v Gulbis......Btw Im a big James Blake fan....Hope he can fire it up ONE TIME at the slam this time around.....
Old August 29, 2008, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Nadal moves to third round beating Ryler De Heart 6-1, 6-2, 6-4.

David Ferer 4th seed will face 18 year old Japanese Nishikori.

Blake faces Mardi Fish.

Nalbandian, Del Porto, Monfil all moved on. TSonga faces Moya.
Old August 29, 2008, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
....David Ferer 4th seed will face 18 year old Japanese Nishikori....

That Nishikori kid has a lot of potential....He will give Ferrer a good run for his money....
Old August 29, 2008, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Nadal is very beatable in Flushing, I caught the end of his match against the ugly looking dude with the pretty looking bengali wifey, I thought Vladmamu was playing for a sec, Stronger guys with Big Forehands will beat him

Del Potro is the one to watch out for, New York City is really behind Roger, he's getting more love than Roddick, Blake did the right thing and wear the Mets Jersey
Old August 29, 2008, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Roddick going down tonight.
Old August 30, 2008, 12:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Great comeback by Roddick...He was down and out....That Gulbis guy is turning out to be some player....All he needs to do is cut down on his unforced errors.....Roddick shud win it from here....5-5...4th set..on serve...