facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old June 17, 2006, 04:06 AM
Cricket Legend

In the old system, there were separate identity for people like Martin William or Observer. But in this new one that is not anymore. Would it be possible to re state that he is the editor of cricinfo or he was the coach of B U 19..

Old June 17, 2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thanks thebest. We have noted that. Will gradually fix them.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
Street Cricketer

Could you guys add BD vs India match that Bangladesh has won. please, upload the higlights or whatever you have about that win of bangladesh in multimedia section. otherwise, everything is very organized. If the 3rd odi of that series against india that bangladesh has lost is posted, should not the 2nd ODI be posted? thanks in advance
Old July 23, 2006, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Search is not working properly. I was looking for famous চাচা কাহিনী thread. But could not find it.
Old July 23, 2006, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Try google.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/ar...p/t-14405.html
Old August 3, 2006, 08:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

please mods change the front page picture.. It hurts too see it. I suggest this one
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/def...full&pagenum=1
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 3, 2006, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Heheh. Ok. I was looking for a Shahadat picture. However, we must remember the previous picture and not get ahead of ourselves.
Old August 23, 2006, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Is it possible for me to make a "tips box"? Basically it will work this way:

Upon reading one of my posts, if a user really likes it and feels I ought be rewarded for it, he comes to the tip box, finds al the info by which he can tip me money. S/he will also mention how much money s/he is tipping so Banglacricket can get its .05% cut for promoting my idea.

Please let me know.
Old August 23, 2006, 10:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What if we don't like your post and feel like you need to penalized for wasting our time? Are you going to give a lumpsum amout of money to us and Banglacricket getting its .05% share? I am all for it then.
Old September 2, 2006, 01:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

I was reading through another Cricket forum earlier, and noticed they used these variations:

Join Date = Debut
Location = Venue
Posts = Runs

I think it could add to the Class system (Street Cricketer/First Class Cricketer, etc) we use.

Anyways, it's just a suggestion. Any takers?
Old September 2, 2006, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Ya it's neat but I think most would like to keep it simple here. Besides, we aren't known to be copycats Good suggestion though.
Old September 2, 2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

The so called class system is a waste IMNSHO (In my not so humble opinion). The sheer number of posts does not a good poster make. In fact, some of these numbers stem purely from useless "me too" and "I agree" posts. I would leave it to the members to judge from the content of the posts and not from number as to whether to give credence to the opinions of the poster.

On the other hand, a large number of posts do mean one thing. They have managed to babble for a long time without getting banned. Can't be too bad then, eh?
Old September 2, 2006, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

On the other hand, a large number of posts do mean one thing. They have managed to babble for a long time without getting banned. Can't be too bad then, eh?

Speaking from self I guess...

I think I should have been banned from this site long ago.
Old September 2, 2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

In my case it is trying to sow pearls to swine. One day my words of wisdom will be collected in a much revered tome.
Old September 4, 2006, 07:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Mmm...the smell of power. Like Gasoline.
Old February 19, 2007, 01:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

IDK about this but I've seen it in other forums how about a Sub-forum for polls? In smaller font under the BD Cricket/Int Cricket/Forget Cricket forums?
Old March 8, 2007, 12:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Is there a way to bring back the multiquote? Or was that an XMB thing?
Old March 18, 2007, 07:37 PM

Can I propose a policy of banning SMS lingo and sms english in posts? It feels frustrating at times to understand and respond to most of the times.

eg. "I lyk da way bd played 2day. Dey gonna be champs 4eva"

Please clarify if there already is a policy on this? In that case I have a good mind to report a few posts that I find indecipherable.
Old March 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

yea that kind of posting is ridiculous...i do believe it can be banned by extrapolating the board rules which state not to use all caps or all bold for the sake of readers' eyes...therefor dumbspeak should also be out...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 26, 2007, 06:41 AM
Test Cricketer

I suggest to have a "Super-8" thread where to comment matches, update table, make predictions etc...
Old April 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Hi: I send this suggestions to one of the admin.s and he asked me to put it here..so here we go...
Quote:
Hi: I've been a regular on this forum for about 2 years, and wanted to give some feedback just as a regular member. I think this forum is great and the MODs are doing a wonderful job. But with the team's recent success the band-wagon fans are starting to ruin the fun a bit. There are often 5 or 6 threads about similar topics and this causes three problems.
Quote:
#1 You don't know where to put your post
#2 You have to jump from thread to thread to read the complete story
#3 Because of the divided the attention, in most threads, the discussion dies down after a one or two pages.
So here are my suggestions:
#1 Delete/Move all existant threads
#2 MODs start one thread for each player and coaching stuff on the squad (all the discussion about Ashraful stays in his thread)
#3 MODs also start threads for each notable/significant topic (Such as captaincy, team selection, batting order, future players etc.)
#4 If a member feels that there's a topic that existing threads don't cover, they can send the suggestion to MODS and they can review the necessity or direct the member to the appropiate thread.
Again, I know, this might be a hard task and post counts maybe messed up due to all the re-arrangement. It's just my suggestion that thought might make this forum more interesting and make the discussion here enjoyable and lively. Thanx.
*BTW thanks for that chat session with Razzaq and Mushfiq, hope there will be more of that in the future.
Old April 24, 2007, 06:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Habfreak: lots of good comments. The underlying idea is, mods deal with all new thread openings in this case. In perfect world, I will go for that. But in current context, I think that will be difficult to maintain. It not only depends on the intention of mods to help, but also on members who really care to follow this.

I do feel the pain. And that's why, I think we should always make use of the "Report post" button for the opening post of the threads to give an indication to the mods/admins which thread that particular thread can be merged with.

I understand that a little bit of strictness is necessary to end thus overwhelming number of threads. But we also don't want to make it too strict, do we?

Just my 2 cents.
Old April 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Also, there seems to be a "sudden thread outburst" for some members, who all of a sudden would open 5 different threads unnecessarily. I think there should be a quota of the number of threads that one can open in a day. Better still if that can be based on the status of the member. For senior members (not only based on post count, but also on the length of their stay), there should be a higher limit than newer members who may not have understood the whole idea of thread opening trend.
Old May 7, 2007, 06:45 PM

Totally Out of frustration:

1. Dumbspeak/ sms lingo/ msn chatbox language - whatever you call it is getting to me! See thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21033

Now I know the thread starter has acknowledged lots of times and has apologised, but I still have found it a total turn off to add whatever comments of substance I had hovering in my mind to the thread topic, also partly because the thread trailed off into his lingo, rather than the content of his post.

2. This title post ( http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21032 ) had a link to India's BD tour prep coverage, which I found to be very good. I really had a good mind to write my comments on the developments and hard work the Indian team is putting on, and that we really ought to be concerned, etc... ie a post of substance. However the thread is completely about arguing on whether the Indian team is called "tigers" or not. Again, completely put me off from writing anything remotely constructive. The sub-forum really is for cricket talk after all.

I'm sorry and I admit that this is my problem, whether I reply or not to these threads, and perhaps there are alternate threads already discussing what I had in mind, but really I thought I'd at least let the mods know my frustration.
Old May 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Want more cricket pic. And need to know how i can post some Pic? I have some rare(?) pic want to share.