facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 21, 2007, 02:22 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default shahriyar

What a day in the history of banglacricket! A very small thing got blown way too much out of proportion.

Members are the life line of banglacricket. It is the partnership, the partnership between the management and the members that makes this site monumental. And every single member can take great pride in it.

However it is not a smooth ride. We learn everyday from all the ups and downs.

Here is a very unfortunate situation. Provocations are not in short supplies and shahriyar got banned. Suddenly we all started to think what in the mother earth has happened to the site we spend hours after hours everyday.

Well, we are all human. We do have pretense, we do get angry, we do provoke, we do needless things and what not. Some are well justified and some are not so well justified.

Banning is an extreme option. We do consider temporary ban for many things including provocative / inflammatory remarks. I'm not going to be judgemental here. I'm not going to point out who is right or who is wrong. Like most of the situation, there is always a plan B, always another way of doing things. I can tell you this that, I'd have done a little differently. Wish I'd have been here sooner.

I'm going to lift the ban on shahriyar tomorrow to show our good intention. I'd sincerely urge him to consider twice before posting any messages that might seem provocative and / or inflammatory.

I'd also request our admins to review our moderation process to specifically minimize and better handle the inflammatory / provocative posts. The process may take time, however. We'd also ask for your suggestion as well.

I'd also remove the related threads, after all at least one has my nick on its title

I sincerely hope this would put a rest to the issue and start the healing process so that you and I can start talking cricket again.

Should you have any question on this issue, please feel free to contact me. I'd strongly request you not post on this matter anymore and drag it on.

BTW, if you were in my living room by now, you'd have been served tea with some ta by now.

Old January 21, 2007, 03:14 AM
Banned

Keeping it very short.

Thank you.
Old January 21, 2007, 04:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Old January 21, 2007, 06:04 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
What a day in the history of banglacricket! A very small thing got blown way too much out of proportion.

BTW, if you were in my living room by now, you'd have been served tea with some ta by now.
Many thanks CM bhai.

I'd like to have a cup of tea with you. When and where?
Old January 21, 2007, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I'm going to lift the ban on shahriyar tomorrow to show our good intention. I'd sincerely urge him to consider twice before posting any messages that might seem provocative and / or inflammatory.
Could you also ask Arnab to refrain from his "fisking" style of posting? Especially, when he has nothing better to argue, he just goes "Umm..Yeah...whatever..sure....agree".

Also to stop flexing his administrative muscles if he can't argue without getting personal. Yes, you heard that right. If it didn't get personal, then he wouldn't have "banned" him. Shahriyar wasn't spamming nor was he breaking any rules.

He got banned because conversation headed into an ugly direction and Arnab put an even uglier ending to it.

Just because one is a member and other is a mod, doesnt mean Shahriyar has to be the culprit all the time.

Quote:
I'd also request our admins to review our moderation process to specifically minimize and better handle the inflammatory / provocative posts. The process may take time, however. We'd also ask for your suggestion as well.
I have been waiting to hear this for God knows how long.
Old January 21, 2007, 07:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Damn...i missed the whole thing...

Thank You Chinaman bhai, for lifting up the ban.
As its already been all said and done before, im not going to unnecessarily bring back the topic....

All i can say...

Man is mortal..
manush matroi bhul hoy...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 21, 2007, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I'd like to have a cup of tea with you. When and where?
open invite? better be a big living room
Old January 21, 2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

I think some of you ought to take up a new career, like being a peace negotiator.
Old January 21, 2007, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Thank you CM bhai.
Old January 21, 2007, 09:24 AM
Retired BC Admin

Yes, I'd request everyone, including myself, shahriyar, Alien, Arnab, Pundit, billah, Fazal, everybody to refrain from posting inflammatory / provocative remarks.

Coming to think of it, may be we can have a 'Provocation Week' once a year just to see how much biceps we carry

Pundit, any idea if they pay good for that kind of job? I heard its a lose lose kinda job, I might be wrong though.
Old January 21, 2007, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

good decision chinaman bhai
Old January 21, 2007, 11:28 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

A provocation week ? Hmm. We can have the winner duke it out in a MEGA event in the chat room, popcorns will be served, Fazal and Babu will be in charge of entertainment, Chinaman as the mediator. Sorry CM bhai, YOU don't get to have ANY fun. As usual, I'll remain in the sidelines and enjoy the bloodbath.
Old January 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think we need to send another 27000 soliders to BC to get things right...

We need more cricket quickly...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 21, 2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:

chinaman bhai: Am I invited too? I can't be there without my beloved son "Sreejon" though! And, he can't go without his mom too!!
Old January 21, 2007, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

CM's invitation of "ta" is mouth-watering. Last time I heard, the quality of food at CM residence is fantastic. Right, Tehsin bhai?
Old January 21, 2007, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I think I'm getting interested too now. CM bhai, where do you live? I don't care what that TA is, as long as what CB's saying is right.
Old January 21, 2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

CB - The quality is great - it's the force feeding that you gotta prepare yourself for. Cm bhai's know that once you gets bhabi's ranna, you're going to start to be extra sweet to CM bhai so you can get a revite (a second visit, and a third ....). Smart man. I already printed out the invite in case he decides to delete it and throw me out the door.
Old January 21, 2007, 07:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Kabir, any thoughts on changing that SIG of yours ?
Old January 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

CM bhai,
nice gesture to cool down the things. But sometime the moderator in question get under the skin. All of us, expect every member should be respected regardless of status of moderator, administrator, staff or simple member. But the moderator in question is actually creating the environment of we and they. I have not read the Shahriar thing. So I could not comment. But judging from his other post, I could say that he might be an instigator. I remember in one thread he personnaly attack one member (Imtiaz) asking what is his educational background? If I or any other ordinary member did this you could have censured him. And most of us would have agreed with the censure. He also forced Hitlar to change his nick though there are still nick like Stalin, Musolini. His argument that those users do not participate so it does not matter but as Hitlar participate he should change.
Do not you feel that there are 6/7 moderators but why ordinary members are questioning this moderator? In terms of moderation or forum decesion you are even harsher than most of the moderators. But none complained. I remember, spitty raise the issue againest Ahmed bhai for closing a thread. but the thread died for lack of support. But when the thread of this moderator came you have to close it, because it was going out of control. May be some internal censure needed.
Old January 21, 2007, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Can't believe these things! I thought in that thread Arnab bhai, Shahriar and bdcricmad were having fun and I also added some masala. But now I see everything changed. This is ridiculous.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

welcome back shahriyar bhai
Old January 21, 2007, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
welcome back shahriyar bhai

Thank you ialbd. While I wasnt here it pained me to see people make a mess of my name's spelling. Only person who pointed that out was Bancan once. :p

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chinaman for lifting the ban earlier and also acknowledge all the people who supported me once again. Since everything is forgotten and we have been asked to move on I will spare going into a debate and defend myself against the people who supported my ban and very conveniently assumed things about me.
I admire their courage to talk while I had no way of replying back.

Just for the records I am happy to be back and hope this chaos ends here after all this site is like a virtual home to most members and I, like all others would only want to see this go forward.

Last edited by layperson; January 21, 2007 at 11:11 PM..
Old January 22, 2007, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I'd request everyone, including myself, shahriyar, Alien, Arnab, Pundit, billah, Fazal, everybody to refrain from posting inflammatory / provocative remarks.

Coming to think of it, may be we can have a 'Provocation Week' once a year just to see how much biceps we carry

Pundit, any idea if they pay good for that kind of job? I heard its a lose lose kinda job, I might be wrong though.

And yet again this moderator fails to exit on a high note.
Old January 22, 2007, 12:46 AM
Test Cricketer

One suggestion..

Moderator need to remedy out of control situation. That point is understandable totally. If couple of user behalves in a hectic way then those user should be dealt with privately with personal massages. That way the other entire users do not get exposed to these ugly confrontations. Sometime you find that confrontation very amusing and entertaining but most of the time you just feel like logging off. Civility is the most desirable. Thanks!
Old January 22, 2007, 01:29 AM

Welcome back Shahriyar!
I hope we should concentrate now on BD strategies how to hunt down India and Sri Lanka in the coming WC.