facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old November 9, 2009, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Default BD football coach Dido: sacked.

Bangladesh's Brazilian coach Dido has been sacked according to the news of Prothom alo. He was under serious scrutiny after selecting a rather inexperience team. He has eliminated all the big names like Rajini, faisal and all due to disciplinary issue.

Some of these non-selected players refused to practice with the team due to over- exercise and accused coach of being rude with them.

i guess we don't need to play football anymore. Cricket is just doing fine. He has been working for just 10 months and he was trying to change the professionalism.

Thought, salauddin will make some change.

Old November 10, 2009, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So predictable.
Old November 10, 2009, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Last day BFF was saying like, "we will give the coach the freedom to do his work". I thought BFF was eventually OK at last with the much debatable selection. But next day this news of Sacking, well, I have to say it is a result of some serious battle with "ego" of some persons.

I personally thought, Dido should not have dropped those players. One of them named Arif is the best player of the recently concluded Federation Cup. But having said that, coach selects the team in foot-ball and Federations do not interfere on this. This is practiced all over the world. But its different in our country.

At the end, whatever happened, sufferer is the Bangladesh Foot-ball. We have our version of World Cup (SAF Foot-ball) knocking within a month, now we have to play with a make-shift coach.
Old November 10, 2009, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Whatta shame for Bangladesgh Football!! kobe ei sacking culture theke bair hoibo ar Football develop korbo?
Old November 10, 2009, 01:45 AM
Test Cricketer

i have a feeling , salauddin will resign soon.
Old November 10, 2009, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Sad news. Thought Fottball would start to increase standard. Was feeling interest again about domestic football. But...........
Old November 10, 2009, 04:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Whatta shame for Bangladesgh Football!! kobe ei sacking culture theke bair hoibo ar Football develop korbo?
Old November 10, 2009, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
probably not because he has a chance to work on Asia level. Once he gets a good position in AFC, he will not care much about these losers. Mentality is the keyword, these officials and footballers possess the early 80's mentality. I am not supporting Dido but as a coach he took a decision, everyone should follow that! I think Dido was trying for the good of BD football.
Old November 10, 2009, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbubH
probably not because he has a chance to work on Asia level. Once he gets a good position in AFC, he will not care much about these losers. Mentality is the keyword, these officials and footballers possess the early 80's mentality. I am not supporting Dido but as a coach he took a decision, everyone should follow that! I think Dido was trying for the good of BD football.
If you mean, Salauddin is there in the BFF to get a good position in AFC, not for development of Bangladesh Foot-ball, then I disagree.

Salauddin has shown every intention to develop our foot-ball since he joined and already has done some good work. I am in no doubt that Salauddin is working with good intention to develop our foot-ball. His dedication is never an issue, issue is how much support he gets from people around him and authorities.
Old November 10, 2009, 08:02 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

For the first time yesterday, when BFF said, they will let Dido do his way, I felt, Bangladesh is becoming professional. Oh well, that did not last 24 hours.

Salahuddin or not, I guess, somethings in Bangladesh will never change.

What a shame!
Old November 10, 2009, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

very shameful
Old November 10, 2009, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Salahuddin's dream gets a big setback.
We BD people are not professional at all and even dont know what it means.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 10, 2009, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Its a effing disgrace! He wanted match fit players who were disciplined and can go on for full 90 minutes...what was he thinking???
Old November 10, 2009, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

According to the news, Salauddin did not want Dido to leave, but all the BFF members "united" to sack him.
Its just disgraceful how a coach is sacked even before he got a chance to show what he did. Coach player dispute isnt a new thing is football. Ferguson kicked out so many players from Man U as he did'nt like em. Van Basten did not play Nistelroy as RVN argued with the coach, Domenech never took trezeguet in his team, even when Trezegeut was in his best form. These are just some examples, I am extremely breakpointed by this sacking
Old November 11, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

After reading Salahudin comments in today’s Prothom Alo, I feel may be Dido had some fault. According to BFF President, SAF Football is not a place of experiment for us. But Dido did that. And he was also very strict about his decision. For this reason Salahuddin didn’t oppose other members decision.
Old November 11, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

It is absolutely impossible to perform as a professional as a football coach in Bangladesh. After playing for more than 3 decades there is some professionalism as fer as the cricketers are concern not the footballers. But any sports administrators are way behind from professionalism.

Bad practice again.
Old November 11, 2009, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
After reading Salahudin comments in today’s Prothom Alo, I feel may be Dido had some fault. According to BFF President, SAF Football is not a place of experiment for us. But Dido did that. And he was also very strict about his decision. For this reason Salahuddin didn’t oppose other members decision.
Well I guess dido experimented because he didn't really think that the current players were the best we had. He must have been trying to improve us for the long term.
Old November 11, 2009, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

The committee is consisting of all our former players. I want to know one thing.

1. They don’t want professionalism.
2. They don’t have enough knowledge about football and professionalism.
3. They only want to earn some money, never care about anything good for country.

From my childhood, I am hearing one thing that our standard is declining from previous. But all our international success (4 nation cup in Myanmar 1997, SAAF Games gold in Katmandu 1999, SAF football championship in Dhaka 2003) have come with present footballers. Than how those players claim that, they were better than our present footballers?

God Knows.

Old November 11, 2009, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
Well I guess dido experimented because he didn't really think that the current players were the best we had. He must have been trying to improve us for the long term.
Dido was doing the right thing. Any player who could not countenance professional training practice principles can never be a professional footballer. Unfortunately, these players can make a good living being third rate players. Had the BFF really known anything about professionalism they should have just let the striking players go and double Dido's salary. Instead, they bent down and took it.
Old November 12, 2009, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

heh... Dido... tui Bangladesh chine geli....

wasnt it few days back, when some of these 'experienced' players were complaining that Dido was training them too hard !!!.... ashole ar hashio ashena eigula shune...

feel bad for Salahuddin, the only person who probably gave a sh** abt Bangladesh football, and look how tied up he is.... cant even voice his own opinion about the coach getting sacked....

anyway.... We were 7th out of 8th in SAAF last time (right?) hope we dont hit the bottom this time....
Old November 13, 2009, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Otherwise, those officials will say, they did the right thing by sacking Dido.
Old November 13, 2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Another bad day for BD football.
Salahuddin and his gang have a short term strategy for a short term gain.

These senior players are lazy, do not practice well, do not care for team discipline, and want to earn more money.

I feel sorry for Dido.
Old November 17, 2009, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-18/news/20120

Hope the promises made get materialised.
Old December 1, 2009, 09:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

‘কখনোই অমঙ্গল কামনা করি না’

বরখাস্ত হওয়ার পর থেকেই এড়িয়ে গেছেন সংবাদমাধ্যমকে। কিন্তু শেষবেলায় আর পারলেন না। পরশু রাতে নেদারল্যান্ডগামী বিমানে ওঠার কয়েক ঘণ্টা আগে এডসন সিলভা ডিডো কথা বললেন। গুলশানে নিজের ফ্ল্যাটের নিচে দাঁড়িয়ে মাসুদ আলমকে দিলেন শেষ সাক্ষাৎকার। তাতে নিজের সব ক্ষোভ উগরে দিয়েছেন বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলে অতীত হয়ে যাওয়া এই ব্রাজিলীয় কোচ

বাংলাদেশে কেমন কাটল?
এডসন সিলভা ডিডো: দুই সপ্তাহ আগেই ওই অধ্যায়টা শেষ। আগেও যেমন বলেছি, এখনো বলছি, এ নিয়ে কিছু বলার আগ্রহ আমার নেই।
নিজেকে সফল ভাবেন?
ডিডো: অবশ্যই সফল। এই সময়ে এএফসি চ্যালেঞ্জ কাপে দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে তুলেছি বাংলাদেশ দলকে।
বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলকে কী দিয়ে গেলেন?
ডিডো: আমি তাদের জন্য (বাংলাদেশ ফুটবল ফেডারেশন) অন্তত ১৫ জন নতুন খেলোয়াড় আবিষ্কার করে দিয়ে গেলাম। এরা তরুণ এবং এদের সামনে উজ্জ্বল ভবিষ্যত্। বাংলাদেশের ফুটবল উন্নয়নে আমি একটা প্রজেক্টও তৈরি করে দিয়েছি। ওটা করতে গিয়ে আমি ছুটি কাটাতে পর্যন্ত যাইনি। আমি আমার দায়িত্ব পালন করেছি।
এত কিছু করার পরও কেন আপনি থাকতে পারলেন না?
ডিডো: আমি মনে করি, বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলে থাকলে আমার সময় নষ্ট হতো। চলে যেতে হচ্ছে, এ জন্য আমাকে খুশিই বলতে পারেন। আমি খুবই একজন ভালো কোচ (হাসি)। আমি আমার মেয়েকে পর্যন্ত সময় দিইনি তাদের জন্য। এর পর যা হলো, তাতে এটাই বলব যে, তারা (বাফুফে) আমাকে পাওয়ার যোগ্য নয়। ব্যস, আর কিছু বলার নেই।
বাংলাদেশের ফুটবলকে মনে রাখবেন?
ডিডো: না। তবে মনে রাখব কিছু আলাদা ব্যক্তিকে মানে খেলোয়াড়দের। যেমন আমিনুল, শাহেদ, মিশু, এনামুল, রাশেদ, নাসির হোসেন। সব তরুণ খেলোয়াড়কেই মনে রাখব আমি। আমিনুল তরুণ খেলোয়াড় নয়, কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের যে কজনের সঙ্গে কাজ করে ভালো লেগেছে, তার মধ্যে সে একজন। আমার তো মনে হয়, সে বাংলাদেশের সর্বকালের সেরা গোলরক্ষক।
সাফ ফুটবলে চ্যাম্পিয়ন হতে পারবে বাংলাদেশ?
ডিডো: আমি সেটা আশা করি। শুভকামনা করি। কখনোই বাংলাদেশের অমঙ্গল কামনা করি না।
আপনার দলের ১০ জনই চূড়ান্ত দলে নেই জেনে ব্যথিত?
ডিডো: মোটেও না। যারা দল নির্বাচন করেছে, তাদের জন্য শুধু দুঃখই হয় আমার। তারা নির্বোধ।
বরখাস্ত হওয়ার পর থেকে সংবাদমাধ্যমকে এড়িয়ে যাওয়ার কারণ কী?
ডিডো: এড়িয়ে না গিয়ে কী করব! বলে কোনো লাভ নেই। কিছু লোককে সমর্থন দিয়ে যাচ্ছে সবাই। তাদের বিরুদ্ধে কখনো কেউ কিছু লেখে না। এ জন্যই তারা জিতে যায়।
আবার বিদেশি কোচ আনার তোড়জোড় শুরু হয়েছে, শুনেছেন নিশ্চয়ই।
ডিডো: হ্যাঁ, আবার বিদেশি কোচ আসবে। কয়েক মাস পর তাঁকেও বিদায় করে দেওয়া হবে। এটা এক বছর পরও হতে পারে। সময় কোনো ব্যাপার নয়। তাঁকে বিদায় নিতে হবে, এটাই সত্য। কারণ তাঁদের (কর্মকর্তা) চেয়ে ফুটবল আর কেউ ভালো বোঝে না।
সব মিলিয়ে বাংলাদেশের ফুটবল কেমন দেখলেন?
ডিডো: খুবই নিম্নমানের। তবে প্রতিভায় সমৃদ্ধ। সমস্যাটা হলো, ফুটবল-জ্ঞানটা খুব কম। এ কারণে ফুটবলাররা কখনো সর্বোচ্চ মানে পৌঁছাতে পারবে না। এ দেশে কোচিং খুব খারাপ, যেটা একজন খেলোয়াড়কে গড়ে তুলতে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ।
এখানে কাজ করতে গিয়ে কী ধরনের সমস্যার মুখোমুখি হয়েছেন?
ডিডো: সমস্যা ছিল একটাই—লোকজনের অজ্ঞতা। এটাই একমাত্র সমস্যা বাফুফের কর্মকর্তাদের। যেটাকে আমি বলব, পেশাদারির অভাব। এ ছাড়া আর কোনো সমস্যায় পড়িনি। ব্যস, আর বলার কিছু নেই।
কাজী সালাউদ্দিনের নেতৃত্ব?
ডিডো: মিস্টার সালাউদ্দিনে নেতৃত্ব সম্পর্কে এর আগেও একজন আমাকে জিজ্ঞেস করেছিল। আমি বলেছি, আমি মিস্টার সালাউদ্দিনকে খুব পছন্দ করি। কিন্তু তাঁর নেতৃত্ব দেখছি আপসকামী। মিস্টার সালাউদ্দিন আমাকে বলেছিলেন, বাদল রায়ের নেতৃত্বাধীন জাতীয় দল ব্যবস্থাপনা কমিটির ব্যাপারে কিছু পদক্ষেপ নেবেন। কিন্তু সেটা তিনি এখনো নিতে পারেননি। তাঁর নেতৃত্বের অবক্ষয় ঘটেছে এবং তিনি সফল হতে পারবেন না।
চলে যাওয়ার আগে শেষ কোনো বার্তা?
ডিডো: কোনো বার্তা-ফার্তা নেই।

কথা একটাই বলব... (যা বলেছেন, সেটি ছাপার অযোগ্য)।

আপনার মধ্যে কোনো আবেগ দেখছি না!
ডিডো: যেভাবে বিদায় নিতে হলো, আবেগ আসবে কোত্থেকে? চলি, একটু পরই এয়ারপোর্টে রওনা দিতে হবে। গুডবাই।
দাঁড়ান, দাঁড়ান, শেষ প্রশ্ন, এখন যাচ্ছেন কোথায়? আপনার ভবিষ্যত্ পরিকল্পনা কী?
ডিডো: আপাতত আমস্টারডাম যাচ্ছি। সেখানে আমার দুই মেয়ে আছে। তাদের সময় দেব। পরবর্তী গন্তব্য কোথায় হবে জানি না। তবে নতুন চাকরির ব্যাপারে দুই-এক জায়গায় কথাবার্তা চলছে। আপাতত এর বেশি কিছু বলতে চাই না।
Old December 12, 2009, 12:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

They actually wanted to take the credit with whatever Dido did through SAF. But it backfired as they also had to accommodate their choice of players. I feel like a dumb, no other country can establish such suicidal example.