facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old November 19, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Its tough watching leafs games....

Old December 8, 2009, 05:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Its a delight to watch Capitals now a days...
Old December 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Leafs are playing 500+ games now a days.
Kessel is not that good, some nights he shows up, some nights he hybernates.
But the defenseman Francois Beauchemin is playing a better hockey.
Old December 11, 2009, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

He is just in a mini-slump right now. He was playing well a week ago. Plus he is young, and its not like there is anyone else of offensive competence in the team. Other teams know, they just need to shut down kessel, and leafs are like half done.
Old December 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Cmon people, great season so far. Are you guys not watching?
Old December 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Watching. Pens, Devils, Caps fighting for top spot in the East. One of them should represent the East in the Stanley Cups. Buffalo is a contender as well.

Chicago is playing great in the West. They have arrived.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The New York Gaboricks are

Maybe Next Year We can Trade Wade Redden and Drury and SIgn some other players ... Lundy thinking about Olympic Gold.
Old December 17, 2009, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
The New York Gaboricks are

Maybe Next Year We can Trade Wade Redden and Drury and SIgn some other players ... Lundy thinking about Olympic Gold.
No sane franchise will take on their contracts however. What happened to Rangers this year ? Gaborik is a one man show. I have seen the Rangers a few times this year and it seems to me that your D-men are not good at moving the puck quickly. You guys need good Centermen. Imagine Gaborik playing with a star Center !
Old December 17, 2009, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
No sane franchise will take on their contracts however. What happened to Rangers this year ? Gaborik is a one man show. I have seen the Rangers a few times this year and it seems to me that your D-men are not good at moving the puck quickly. You guys need good Centermen. Imagine Gaborik playing with a star Center !
Torts Happened, He believes in No Defense but we don't have skill players so you know what that Adds up to.

After our next Loss Sather is finally getting Fired, 10 years in the Making but he's finally about to be gone
Old December 17, 2009, 03:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Rangers defense is not bad IMO. They don't give up many goals. Having Lundquist doesn't hurt. I think your offense is what letting you down. Torts system is simmilar to Bylsma. Uptempo, D -men pinching up and more of a 5- man unit in Defense. But, for that to work, you need defensive commitment from eveybody to cover for D-men potentially out of position. Turnover can't happen in that system. You have to gain the red, dump softly in the corner, chase, cycle and basically play in the other teams offensive zone. Mobile D- men are very much the order of the day.

Sather on hot seat? Didn't know that. Flyers are in ruins ( much to my pleasure ). All sorts of rumors flying around. A divided locker room. It all started with Jeff Carter messing around with Hartnell's wife- as the rumor goes. Don't be surprised if one of them are out of town soon. They won't deal Carter, so Sasquatch is outta there..
Old December 17, 2009, 11:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Wade Redden a Healthy Scratch Tonight, Chris Drury relegated to the 4th Line ... About Time Torts.
Old December 18, 2009, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Wade Redden a Healthy Scratch Tonight, Chris Drury relegated to the 4th Line ... About Time Torts.
Nice win last night. The benching probably sent a short term message.

We just swept the home and home with Flyers. Finally we are healthy and a full squad available. Mad Max Talbot , the Game 7 superhero, a healthy scratch for the first time! Shouldn't be for long though. He just came off a summer surgery and only started playing late November. His timing is off and its difficult to hold on to a spot in this Pens squad.
Old December 18, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Savant

I don't have tv/cable in my home.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 19, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I don't have tv/cable in my home.
Visit www.nhl.com for extended game highlights, including the Sharks and Ducks !
Old January 12, 2010, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Henrik (45 Saves) and Marty (51 Saves) put on show today ... We lost not that upset

0-0 (1-0) Devils

Sweden/Canada Gold medal game Would be insane
Old January 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

We are going through our annual Dec-Jan slump once again. If it continues one more month, we could be in real trouble. Our PP is last in the league! Malkin is going through the slump of his career. I expect us to make the playoffs though. The whole team looks tired. No other team has played more games than us ( and Detroit ) in last two years. The Olympic break couldn't come sooner.
Old January 31, 2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Poor Leafs were eading the Canauks by three then lost by 3-5.
Old February 1, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

ahh haa !!!!!

10 win in a row. How often does it happen?
Not only that, they are steam rolling most of them and eating them like cream roll.
Yes defence is an issue, but from the begining of the season till now their defence progressed from awfull to above average.

However its their offence who are in full throttle from the begining and still show no sign of slow down.

Looks like this may be the year....

if not (for any reason) it will be next year. the team is very young and loads of talent waiting in the wings.
Old February 2, 2010, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Caps are a scary team. Defense is much better now and the offense frankly shields any shortcomings by the sheer number of goals they score. They are running away with the no.1 seed in the East. A true contender for the Stanley Cup. It very well could be the year!
Old February 9, 2010, 03:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Usually championship teams show their true colors in the playoffs, as long as they carry some sort of momentum into the postseason. Our current 27-10 with 10 OT wins accurately paints a picture we haven't seen a lot for decades, but hopefully the Mule's return will start building the momentum we need.

Quote:
Franzen to return Tuesday vs. Blues
Monday, 02.08.2010 / 3:46 PM / News
By Michelle Crechiolo

DETROIT– After a four-month layoff, power forward Johan Franzen will make his much-awaited return to the Red Wings’ lineup Tuesday in St. Louis.

Franzen needed surgery to repair a torn left ACL suffered in the Wings’ home opener on Oct. 8. The projected recovery time for a significant injury like his, can take up to six months, but Franzen feels healthy and ready to get back to the grind.

“I’m really excited,” Franzen said. “I had a good practice today, and this was my first practice actually being in a line, so it was more fun. Hopefully with a good first game I can get some confidence, and hopefully feel good in the other games, too.”

Franzen has been an incredibly dominant force for the Wings, especially in the playoffs. During last season’s run to the Stanley Cup finals, he was second on the team with 23 points. His ability to generate offense also has his teammates anxiously awaiting his return.

“You’re talking about getting a player that is big, strong, and can dominate a hockey game,” Kris Draper said. “Right now, that’s something we’re certainly looking forward to having.

“Everyone’s seen him day in, day out, how hard he’s worked, off the ice and certainly on the ice. We’re thrilled to have him back in the lineup.”

While Wings coach Mike Babcock is as excited as anyone for Mule’s return, he warned against expecting too much, too soon from a player who has been removed from the speed, strength, and intensity of the NHL.

“The big thing is let’s not get our expectations out of whack,” Babcock said. “The guy hasn’t played since game three this year. That makes it hard for any player to get up to speed, and he’s going to be in a battle, but the thing about the Mule is he can shoot the puck, he’s a big, powerful guy, and ideally, he can help.”

There have been debates on whether Franzen should have waited to return after the Vancouver Olympics in order to get more rest. Franzen dispelled these arguments, saying he thinks it will be beneficial to play a few games for his body to gradually return to game shape.

“I think it will be good to get started here,” he said, “and then I will probably feel pretty bad, all my muscles will probably be sore, so get a good break in there and then I will be on the same page as the other guys are when we come back, hopefully.”

INJURY REPORT: The Red Wings will likely be without one defenseman and two forwards when they face off against the Blues at Scottrade Center on Tuesday.

“We’d like everyone to be at practice and be able to practice and know that they’re playing, that just hasn’t been the case for us,” Babcock said. “I’m hopeful that these guys are all returning tomorrow, I don’t know the answer to that though.”

Defenseman Nicklas Kronwall will more than likely miss Tuesday’s game to rest his troublesome knee. While he felt good in practice Monday, he is waiting for a different brace to come in that will make his knee “even more solid” and expects to play Thursday against Western Conference-leading San Jose.

“I can’t wait to get back in the lineup,” Kronwall commented.

Forward Patrick Eaves did not skate after a sustaining a sprained left ankle in Saturday’s loss in Los Angeles. Forward Tomas Holmstrom got on the ice for a short time, but left practice early. Both are doubtful for Tuesday.

Forward Drew Miller, who was questionable after taking a shot off his left ankle on Saturday, will dress against the Blues. He was apprehensive before hitting the ice for Monday’s practice, but all of his worries were alleviated once he began skating.

“I just didn’t know how it’d feel in the skate,” Miller said, “but I got out there and was able to go the whole practice, and it felt good, so I’m ready to go.”

TOLLEFSEN HEADS TO GR: Defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen cleared waivers after the noon deadline passed on Monday, and will begin playing with Grand Rapids Griffins immediately.

In order to clear salary-cap space for Franzen’s return, the Wings acquired Tollefsen and a ffith-round draft pick in 2011 on Saturday from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Ville Leino.

LINK
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 9, 2010, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Last thing the Sharks want is a Red Wings team in the first round! I think Red Wings will move up to between 6-8 eventually, and once in, anything can happen.

I can't wait for Olympic hockey. It will be great.
Old February 9, 2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Yesterday was a memorable day. Local boy and former Kitchener Ranger Nazem Kadri made his NHL debut. He was alright, didn't do anything special. The Leafs lost as usual.
Old February 9, 2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Indeed indeed.
Old February 9, 2010, 11:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Saw Billy Guerin at Wholefoods this evening. Shook his hands. Great guy.
Old February 10, 2010, 03:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Last thing the Sharks want is a Red Wings team in the first round! I think Red Wings will move up to between 6-8 eventually, and once in, anything can happen.

I'm really looking forward to the Wankuwa (Indo-Pak/Ata pronunciation on local cable) Games also! Huge winter sports fan. As far as the Hockey is concerned: GO USA! GO CANADA! GO SWEDEN! ... in that order.

I'm happy to see the Sharks continue to do well. Better hockey culture in Northern California.

We were undone by the SO last night after rallying heroically. Pav looked the best I've seen him all season and the Mule looked healthy, logging a lot of ice time. Although we've lost 3 in a row, last night's fight gives me lots of hope for a top 8 finish going into the playoffs.

BTW Kariya is back! If he can retain this form, we're in for a treat from his Ducks days. Nobody slaps the puck at that speed without slowing down to a glide.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 10, 2010 at 03:39 AM..