facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 20, 2008, 12:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Congrats Inter!

I'd just like to congratulate Inter Milan for retaining the Serie A title for the third year in a row. Mancini and his men played their heart out on a Tardini pitch sogged with rain, against an opposition that had to win to stay in the league. Special thanx to Zlatan for coming off the bench and scoring two wonderful goals.

Thanks to all my fellow supporters. Let's start getting ready for the next season. And also looking forward to seeing Milan play in the great and illustrious UEFA Cup

Last edited by samircreep; May 20, 2008 at 11:43 AM..
Old May 20, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Congrats. I have become a fan of this team lately. Gotta do something in Europe though. Inter has all the players in the world to win a Champions League.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

I know and i think we will. Although I love Mancini, I'm pretty sure he's gonna resign. And then Mourinho!! I can't wait. I also heard we might be signin Lampard!!
Old May 20, 2008, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

If Mourinho becomes the coach, he will surely bring Lampard and maybe even Drogba with him, though I don't see any need for another striker. Inter has plenty of strikers. However, the midfield is aging a bit, and he might want to improve upon that. As a die hard Brazilian fan, I am looking forward to the WC with Ceasar in goal. He is as good as any. Congratulations again. Winning three in a row is impressive for Serie A.

I still am the biggest fan of Francisco Totti, and whenever Roma plays, I love watching him though he is injured most of the time!
Old May 23, 2008, 06:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Being a Roma fan I was bitterly disappointed with the end of the league... we were champions at half-time, as Inter were 0-0 in Parma... anyway we had a great season, challenging Inter until last day, though being by far a less rich club... our best players (like Totti and De Rossi) are home-grown... unlike Inter, buying world class players from all the world.
...and still they had a lot of help from the referees through all the season... without that we would have been champions maybe...
Old May 24, 2008, 10:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

right. help from the refs. I like the fact that TWICE Totti should have been sent off in key matches for abusing the ref, he didn't even get yellowed. And Viera TWICE got red carded for exactly the same offences. And how convenient for you to forget that Inter has had one of the highest sending dubious offs in the league. Love convenient amnesia.

You need to play 38 top class matches to win the league and Roma simply didn't have the class to cope. Lame excuses aren't gonna get you anywhere

Despite all this, congrats on winning the Coppa, that was fully deserved. I actually hope Soros buys Roma, you guys need the cash flow. And I have nothing but respect for Spaletti, easily one of the most underrated coaches in the world right now.

Lets see how the transfer season goes..
Old May 25, 2008, 01:31 PM
Test Cricketer

It's not about the red cards... I think Inter was helped by referees in some matches when "easy" penalties were allowed to them... but now it's just history... when a season ends with such a narrow margin in the table there are millions of "what if..." talks that could be made... anyway anybody in Italy is saying that Roma play a more brilliant football, while Inter are are a more solid team.

I am glad with winning Coppa Italia for 2nd year in a row, though it's not as important as the "scudetto", it was a good match and this "neverending" challenge with Inter will go on in August when Supercoppa will be played in Milano.

I don't know about Soros buying Roma, there are a lot of rumours but nothing concrete... though obviously that could give Roma those extra money to look for biggest trophies... we'll see if that happens! Cheers...
Old May 25, 2008, 02:36 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Congrats.
(they are my 20th fav team in Serie-A by the way)
Old May 25, 2008, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

man I miss serie A so much.... atleast used to watch the big games when I was in BD... dont get any of that here in Canada....

used to root for the other Milan (ac milan) back in the days....
Old May 29, 2008, 06:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Roberto Mancini, Inter's coach, has been sacked by club owner Massimo Moratti.
Reason for that was probably the repeated lack of good results in Champions League.
Old May 29, 2008, 11:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Well that, plus the whole team had problems with mancini. He has poor man management skills.

Anyways, let's thank mancini and welcome mr mourinho.
Old May 29, 2008, 01:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

u think mancini had management issues - wait till you see the ego on jose ..
Old May 29, 2008, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Win three consecutive Serie A and get the axe! Sometimes I really wonder how the world of European Football works. Thank God we had consistency with Sir Alex.
Old May 30, 2008, 02:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Razabq, the difference is, when mourinho left, the whole of Chelsea squad was behind him. When Mancini left, the whole inter squad applauded. The point is, Mourinho is a uniter. He soaks up the pressure and responsibility on himself and lets the players do their job, which is playing. This was not the case with mancini who had clear favorites within the squad and had a devisive influence within the team...As i said before, I really liked mancini. People forget that only a few years ago, inter was a nothing team, with no identity and certainly no trophies. they were the joke of europe, always spending, but gaining nothing. In a span of 4 years, Inter has become a powerhouse once again. A lot of that credit definitely goes to Mancini.

But beamer, you also have to put the three trophies that he won under proper perspective. The first one was just a gift, the second was ina vitiated competition sans the cheats, while he almost threw away the third while doing terribly in europe. Plus lets not forget the fact that almost all the players were against him, and also his tantrums right after losing against liverpool.

Moratti made an excellent decision. I just dont think mancini would've cut it next season; he has a lot of growing up to do. Mourinho is exactly the kind of coach to lead inter to the next stage
Old May 30, 2008, 09:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Yes, of course Inter got lucky with the first two trophies. No question about that. If Jose is indeed the coach, you will for sure see an exodus of players. Jose will bring some of his Chelsea guys. AC will be stronger next year. Ditto to Juve and Roma is always around. I suspect, even with Jose, Inter won't win the Scudetto next year. They however should do well in Champions league.

What do you think of Zlatan? I think he is a bit overrated. He is very good when he wants to be at times. But, he also has a tendency to drift away. I don't think Jose will let him get away with it, specially when Drogba comes on board.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:16 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Football

Mancini gets the sack
Afp, Rome
link

Roberto Mancini
Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini must be wondering what the football world is coming to following his sacking after three consecutive Italian league titles (2006 to 2008) and two Italian Cups (2004 and 2005) in four years.

Portugal's former Porto and Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho is set to take over the Inter hotseat meanwhile.

The 43-year-old Mancini, who is the frontrunner for the vacant Chelsea job, was the most successful Inter Milan manager since the legendary Helenio Herrera in the 1960's and got rid of their mantle as constant "losers" since before Mancini they had not won since 1989.

However Mancini was unable to make Inter into viable Champions League contenders despite the three Serie A titles, of which only the last one was really won on merit.

The first one came in the wake of the match-fixing scandal and the second was brought about after the heavy points deductions or demotion of their main rivals. Mancini's record just was not good enough for club President Massimo Moratti.

It was the Champions league which the Nerazzurri president had his eye on at any cost, a trophy the club have not won since consecutive European Cup wins in 1964 and 1965.

Though Mancini had supporters amongst the players, he was not considered the man to take the club into the future, mainly because the last two seasons he was only able to take the club to the last 16 of the Champions League.

The previous two seasons, in 2005 and 2006, he did a little better, taking Inter a round further into the quarterfinals on both occasions.

Defeat to Liverpool had been felt bitterly at the club this season and Mancini had announced his departure at the end of the season minutes after the end of the second leg.

Though Mancini denied it the following day, saying that he had spoken in the disappointment of the moment, the club did not hesitate to recall the situation in their statement on Thursday.

Perhaps Mancini can console himself with the consolation of 24 million euros in compensation thanks to the length of his contract which linked him to them till 2012.

The man-of-the-moment is considered by Moratti to be Mourinho -- or 'The Special One' as he has been dubbed -- and according to the Italian press, he should be installed officially as coach in the next few days.

The big advantage of Mourinho is his track record with major clubs, winning the 2004 Champions League with Porto and taking Chelsea to two Premiership titles.

Midfielder Frank Lampard, Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba or defender Ricardo Carvalho of Portugal, all Chelsea players close to their former coach, have been touted as possibly making the move to the San Siro to join up with their old boss.

The other transfer operation concerning Inter could see their Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic moving to Barcelona in a swap deal with Barca's Cameroonian front man Samuel Eto'o.

Old June 24, 2008, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

is robert related to henri, the great film composer?
Old June 30, 2008, 01:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

No, why would you think that