facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 1, 2007, 11:11 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bangladesh Cricket: A Genereration Too Soon

I Just wanted to share this (Same old critics about BD after a bad test series) with you.
http://desicritics.org/2007/06/01/001702.php

The interesting part was:

"Please visit www.banglacricket.com to get a better sense of what is happening in their cricket. The crowd there is extremely knowledgable about cricket and are the best cricket forums i have been too. Sadly it is not an Indian one "

Tschuss
What a game this cricket is. Bangladesh enjoyed their most thrilling day of Test cricket as they racked up 427, restricted Australia to 145 for 6, and allowed every Bangladeshi fan to dream beyond Sophia Gardens 2005.

Old June 1, 2007, 11:17 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The article's respondents seem to disagree with the author, so it doesn't matter he thinks. I have never even heard of Desicritics, but people have heard of BanglaCricket, and for good reasons.
Old June 1, 2007, 11:26 AM
BC Editorial Team

yawn ... as long as the sun rises and sets, we'll have some jodu modu kodu pontificating on our inadequacies ... Nowadays these stuff is barely worth raising an eye brow over. The last time I was mildly perturbed was when Richie Benaud carped about us - and that was only because it was RB, not because his arguments had any intrinsic merit.
Old June 1, 2007, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
yawn ... as long as the sun rises and sets, we'll have some jodu modu kodu pontificating on our inadequacies ... Nowadays these stuff is barely worth raising an eye brow over. The last time I was mildly perturbed was when Richie Benaud carped about us - and that was only because it was RB, not because his arguments had any intrinsic merit.
Richie Benaud?

Link please.
Old June 1, 2007, 01:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
Richie Benaud? Link please.
http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200505/s1379628.htm
Old June 1, 2007, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

I could never rate Mr Richie Benaud as a high class commentator or analyst. His commentary is kind of dull and lacking in analytical view. I preffer Boycott than him.

Boycott is one of the best analyst or commentator I have ever seen. I love his commentary.

But sadly english people don't like him that much it is because he talks the truth. He criticizes english way of playing and lot of things that's why they don't take him easily.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old June 1, 2007, 10:09 PM
Test Cricketer

You could hardly have blamed him after that performance we put in during that Test series.
Old June 2, 2007, 12:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

bangladesh is exactly where it is supposed to be given the scheduling (not enough), quality (poor), and management (questionable qualifications) of our domestic FC cricket. we're just starting to get it together as the momentum of national reform's beginning to impact the BCB.

we've been at it only for the past 8-odd years as a cricket culture at this level. the number of games we've played need to be put in that context including the aforementioned challanges, should to be added to that equation. give us the decades like our south asian neighbors - again in terms of cricket culture that demands and enhances the quality of cricket - and see what happens. cricket is a PROCESS bros, not an EVENT or two.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 2, 2007 at 02:03 AM..
Old June 2, 2007, 12:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I could never rate Mr Richie Benaud as a high class commentator or analyst. His commentary is kind of dull and lacking in analytical view. I preffer Boycott than him.

Boycott is one of the best analyst or commentator I have ever seen. I love his commentary.

But sadly english people don't like him that much it is because he talks the truth. He criticizes english way of playing and lot of things that's why they don't take him easily.
Not taking a punt at you, but u r probably the first person i have ever known not to like RB's commentary.
I have no comment on this, its your personal choice and i can respect that.

But saying his commentary lacks analytical view is quite dissapointing.

To me, this guy is the voice of cricket. His name is synonyms to cricket.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 2, 2007, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan

I'll never forgive Boycott for his mom.
Old June 2, 2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
bangladesh is exactly where it is supposed to be given the scheduling (not enough), quality (poor), and management (questionable qualifications) of our domestic FC cricket. we're just starting to get it together as the momentum of national reform's beginning to impact the BCB.

we've been at it only for the past 8-odd years as a cricket culture at this level. the number of games we've played need to be put in that context that also includes the aforementioned challanges need to be added to that. give us the decades like our south asian neighbors - again in terms of cricket culture that demands and enhances the quality of cricket - and see what happens. cricket is a PROCESS bros, not an EVENT or two.
Well said.
Old June 2, 2007, 01:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
cricket is a PROCESS bros, not an EVENT or two.
Sohel bhai, please. Can I use this as my signature, with proper acknowledgement to you? This is probably the best cricket related quote of this decade (I may sound stupid here, but trust me, I mean it).
Old June 2, 2007, 02:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Sohel bhai, please. Can I use this as my signature, with proper acknowledgement to you? This is probably the best cricket related quote of this decade (I may sound stupid here, but trust me, I mean it).
by all means bro... deeply flattered.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 2, 2007, 02:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
by all means bro... deeply flattered.
How does it look now?
Old June 2, 2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
How does it look now?
At the risk of detracting this thread some more: your sig looks brilliant now. Reminds me of Navarene's
Quote:
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old June 2, 2007, 02:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
How does it look now?
my profz at Haas would be proud.
Old June 2, 2007, 02:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

greg chappell tried to follow some process but the world cup was too big a event to do experimental validation.the end result we all know.
Old June 2, 2007, 02:45 AM
BC Editorial Team

Sohel - you are another Haas alum??? Whoa which year?