facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 14, 2023, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
No more matches till Jun/July against Afghanistan except for a one-off test I think. Season off...
The A-team series against West Indies starting from Tuesday. Though an FC series, knowing how our selectors work, they will probably keep an eye on Rejaur Rahman Raja, Musfik Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, and Ripon Mondol, as we still need to find a fifth pacer for the ODI team. This will be also a good exposure for Rishad Hossain (especially given how few opportunities he gets in domestics) if he gets chances to play.

Old May 14, 2023, 02:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
This win exposed our fatal flaw - what to do against tougher opponents when your fifth gear aka bowler isn't performing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
You need bunch of all rounders and have good batting depth in ODI. Our main problem now is that, although we have decent bowling lineup, we are sacrificing batting depth.

Our lower order batting is complete joke.
From what we have seen in this series, imo, we can't sacrifice batting depth. We need to bring Riyad back at #7, pushing Miraz back at #8. If everyone stays fit, we got five reliable bowlers in Shakib, Miraz, Taskin, Fizz, and Hasan (with Ebadot as the backup), we just have to trust them.

I was really glad to see Shanto showed the confidence today to bowl in a crunch situation. IMO, we should use him more often during middle overs as the sixth bowler. Also, it was good to see how Tamim at one point let Shanto take over as the field captain, let him making the calls in field placing. Shanto, atm, is the defacto VC, not Liton. BCB should make him the official VC for Asia Cup and WC.
Old May 14, 2023, 03:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
From what we have seen in this series, imo, we can't sacrifice batting depth. We need to bring Riyad back at #7, pushing Miraz back at #8. If everyone stays fit, we got five reliable bowlers in Shakib, Miraz, Taskin, Fizz, and Hasan (with Ebadot as the backup), we just have to trust them.

I was really glad to see Shanto showed the confidence today to bowl in a crunch situation. IMO, we should use him more often during middle overs as the sixth bowler. Also, it was good to see how Tamim at one point let Shanto take over as the field captain, let him making the calls in field placing. Shanto, atm, is the defacto VC, not Liton. BCB should make him the official VC for Asia Cup and WC.
So it boils down to either using an extra seamer like Ebadot or use a proper batsman in #7 position. To be honest I don't think any time we load the team with bunch of batsmen we really score that high anyway.

The main difference between champion teams like Eng and rest was that their bowlers knew how to bat. Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Chris Woakes, Liam Plunkett all knew how to bat.
Old May 14, 2023, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Hope you are well you tasty snack.

It’s to do with the weather although they weather in Chelmsford wasn’t great either.

But could also be partly strategic to get fans in. Don’t think the Irish turn up in masses like Bangladeshis, as the commie says only recently cricket is gaining more popularity

Hi, Adam bhai. Hope you are well too.
Cricket Ireland needs to have matches in their own country rather than think of profit. Otherwise, you will not have a fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Without knowing much of geography and condition there, I think this is a better strategy. In US Soccer they do it all the time, deliberately make games in middle of no where (extreme cold weather), restrict tickets to certain long term groups as not to have foreign teams fans dominate. Because in USA you most certainly will find a stadium full of immigrant from any country in the world if u host matches in coastal cities. Fans get into verbal altercations all the time in US games when let's a Mexican cheering their heart against US in the US section. If US and BD played soccer, I would NOT support BD.
I am a USA soccer paid member for years now, chances of me getting a US game in USA is 10x higher than any immigrant looking for a ticket for a particular game against US.

Looking at the crowd i was thinking, i didn't know ireland have that many Bangaldeshis living there. Not all crowd is good crowd (thinking from hosts' pov). Also being in Ireland/England, Bangladeshis or whatever immigrant group should have a soft spot for their adopted country.

Ireland should have won this game. A better crowd perhaps could have made a difference. Players thrive on crowd cheering them on. BD fielding went up a notch toward the end...

Ireland is a different country. England / UK is a different country.
So, what has happened here is basically instead of playing a match in BD, the BD team have gone and played a match in Kolkata.

Those supporters are dodgy students from 2008 and then there is a new batch of dodgy students with wives and kids from 2021. Govt. er taka nai bhai. So, they opened the gates so that gullible deshis will coem ehre and pay for uni and then work and pay taxes for a few years and then they will be kicked out.
The original British Bangladeshis ( Syletis ) don't really give a damn about cricket or the BD team.
Old May 14, 2023, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

This. Riyad is still vital for this team. These hridoy, Talukdar needs to wait after the WC is done. Could you imagine what would have happened if mushy got out last match to that noball or runout. Miraz is still a hit or miss with the bat. Atleast with Riyad he has proven record and should be back for the WC.
Old May 14, 2023, 08:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
This. Riyad is still vital for this team. These hridoy, Talukdar needs to wait after the WC is done. Could you imagine what would have happened if mushy got out last match to that noball or runout. Miraz is still a hit or miss with the bat. Atleast with Riyad he has proven record and should be back for the WC.
Whatever games Hridoy got, he made use of that. He will be part of the WC squad. These seniors although have provided a lot for BD, still really couldn't do much overall. They couldn't even get past a Kholiless India to win the Asia Cup. Heck even Sri Lanka who is still going through massive transition has an Asia Cup.
Old May 14, 2023, 09:46 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
All pacer bowlers are like semi cooked chicken like Ebadot Hassan Shoriful and MrittonJoy.

Fizz looks like he wants to retire. Taskin is only okish.

Unfortunately the team doesn’t have anything worthy in the tank.
and yet this the best pace attack we got in our cricketing history lol
Old May 14, 2023, 09:55 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
We found our pace quartet in Taskin, Fizz, Hasan, and Ebadot. Still have to find a fifth pacer though, given we have a long campaign ahead of us Asia Cup and World Cup combined.
I'll bet with you that hasan will be useless in ODI world cup pitches
Old May 14, 2023, 09:58 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Siddons may have messed up Tamim's batting stance. He was edgy, though he managed to survive (thanks to the sitter Irish captain dropped at second slip) to score fifty+ today. It will probably be better for him to go back to his old stance. Instead of Siddons, I hope he goes back to Salahuddin to fix it.
isnt siddons the guy who made tamim what he is today? he did not have a good range of shots when he debuted
Old May 14, 2023, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Whatever games Hridoy got, he made use of that. He will be part of the WC squad. These seniors although have provided a lot for BD, still really couldn't do much overall. They couldn't even get past a Kholiless India to win the Asia Cup. Heck even Sri Lanka who is still going through massive transition has an Asia Cup.
This isn't Akram khan's team or even Bashar's team where senior themselves were crap. These 4 should play the wc because of experience alone. No matter how good Hridoy might be (probably will end up a great player at one point), you can't take a guy like him to the WC with an established team. This was possible when shakib and co started to cause you expected nothing from the seniors and had no expectations from the juniors either. Riad has also scored before the drop. Can you imagine Yasir Ali as his replacement? I will literally shed a tear if that is to happen ...
Old May 14, 2023, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara

Those supporters are dodgy students from 2008 and then there is a new batch of dodgy students with wives and kids from 2021. Govt. er taka nai bhai. So, they opened the gates so that gullible deshis will coem ehre and pay for uni and then work and pay taxes for a few years and then they will be kicked out.
The original British Bangladeshis ( Syletis ) don't really give a damn about cricket or the BD team.
They stole from the whole world for generations and they still don't have enough money to make their country the best in the world? lol
Old May 15, 2023, 02:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I agree with you but some immature people will argue oh he has won us a game against Ireland (not implying you are in the group of in the closet nut heads)
Old May 15, 2023, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Hi, Adam bhai. Hope you are well too.
Cricket Ireland needs to have matches in their own country rather than think of profit. Otherwise, you will not have a fanbase.

Ireland is a different country. England / UK is a different country.
So, what has happened here is basically instead of playing a match in BD, the BD team have gone and played a match in Kolkata.

Shingara Bhai I agree with you but sadly without profit in an economic crisis it is difficult to chose it over country's best interest.

I will say one thing about Sylethis from personal experience. all matched I have been to in the Champions tropy or World Cup, majority were British Sylethis by miles apart. Despite their bias against non Sylethis apart of their soul still relate themselves as Bangladeshis despite non Sylethis playing.
Old May 15, 2023, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Here is our experience from the grounds for the 3rd ODI. Hope you enjoy it:

https://youtu.be/CWEZqDFhZxM

https://fb.watch/kxIcpMXvm0/
Old May 15, 2023, 05:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Here is our experience from the grounds for the 3rd ODI. Hope you enjoy it:

https://youtu.be/CWEZqDFhZxM

https://fb.watch/kxIcpMXvm0/
TAI NAKI

Nice videos. But I am impressed how better Maria speaks Bangla compared with Sherwar. #respect

There is another couple where the Romanian lady has learnt amazing Bangla and embraced Bangladeshi culture in an amazing way.
Old May 15, 2023, 05:23 AM
Cricket Guru

In my surrounding area after many years I am seeing more non Sylethis.

There is one Jr who used to work in the Savoy and opened his own steak restaurant. Yesterday I met a guy who was working at a Malaysian stall but he didnt seem well off.

But the reception I get from these Bangladeshis are much warmer than most of the half literate socially akward government leeching Sylethis in East London. Even my Dhaka based Sylethi friends have experienced the same unnecessary racism.

But in the stadium, wow we all become one. Thats what sport can do
Old May 15, 2023, 11:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Unless he can get his speed up consistently around 137-140k, we have no doubt he can get a hammering at the WC.

However he seems like a smart bowler who doesn't need to rely on pace only.
Old May 15, 2023, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I agree with you but some immature people will argue oh he has won us a game against Ireland (not implying you are in the group of in the closet nut heads)
But according to you everyone in the BD camp sucks.
Old May 15, 2023, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
But according to you everyone in the BD camp sucks.
This coming from a guy who called this a meaningless series even before the Bangladesh team landed in the UK and that it wont be broadcasted.

Enough said
Old May 15, 2023, 11:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
This coming from a guy who called this a meaningless series even before the Bangladesh team landed in the UK.

Enough said
Well yes it was a pretty meaningless series. As the WC will be played in Asia conditions all games outside of Asian conditions are meaningless.

Why do you think Eng toured BD now vs year earlier?

What you need to realize is that no matter what you say this is the best pace attack BD has ever got. Of course, BD standards are generally low, so make of it what you want.
Old May 15, 2023, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
In my surrounding area after many years I am seeing more non Sylethis.

There is one Jr who used to work in the Savoy and opened his own steak restaurant. Yesterday I met a guy who was working at a Malaysian stall but he didnt seem well off.

But the reception I get from these Bangladeshis are much warmer than most of the half literate socially akward government leeching Sylethis in East London. Even my Dhaka based Sylethi friends have experienced the same unnecessary racism.

But in the stadium, wow we all become one. Thats what sport can do

Speaking from personal experience, I have tried being friends with these dodgy students in the last decade and all have taka maira disey Hence, I decided I will never befriend another non-Syleti in England. I rented my house out to one and the biatch is refusing to leave and doesn't pay rent either.
Old May 15, 2023, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
They stole from the whole world for generations and they still don't have enough money to make their country the best in the world? lol

Sadly, what govts. in the past have done is that they have let every dick and dom from all over the world come here and settle down. Deportation is not strongly enforced like the States as Human rights lawyers get involved and prevent even repeat rapists from being deported.
So, you find people from countries that were not part of the British empire have moved in to reap the benefits from the money looted by the empire from the commonwealth.
Now, there are limited jobs, limited houses but immigration keeps rising and then you let in refugees from Ukraine, HongKong, ( INSERT every country where there is a war ) or dangerous countries like Afghanistan / Syria / Iraq. Then. there's the thousands who have arrived on boats! The number of leechers is quite high compared to the number of taxpayers.
During COVID, the govt. paid 70% of you wages and many small companies invented staff and got hold of this money. Money was given away without checks and now the govt. has found out that billions have been lost.

All this affect prices of food, houses, rent, bills, etc. and wages and so this country is broke! I don't know why we supply Ukraine with weapons when we are broke!
Old May 16, 2023, 03:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Speaking from personal experience, I have tried being friends with these dodgy students in the last decade and all have taka maira disey Hence, I decided I will never befriend another non-Syleti in England. I rented my house out to one and the biatch is refusing to leave and doesn't pay rent either.
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences but mixing with dodgy students normally does result in a bad experience.

Allhamdullilah the former students like me who come from proper universities now work in decent positions around London Allhamdullilah in our own houses and never had to maira anyone's money.

In the past some of students who used to work at the food stall in all major train tube station would be so nice, and soe glad to meet a Bangladeshi from back home and have a short chat about back home.

Never got the same reception from the Brit Sylethis. They would grimace at the moment they no one is a non Sylethi.

So based on your comment you wont befriend me
Old May 16, 2023, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sadly, what govts. in the past have done is that they have let every dick and dom from all over the world come here and settle down. Deportation is not strongly enforced like the States as Human rights lawyers get involved and prevent even repeat rapists from being deported.
So, you find people from countries that were not part of the British empire have moved in to reap the benefits from the money looted by the empire from the commonwealth.
Now, there are limited jobs, limited houses but immigration keeps rising and then you let in refugees from Ukraine, HongKong, ( INSERT every country where there is a war ) or dangerous countries like Afghanistan / Syria / Iraq. Then. there's the thousands who have arrived on boats! The number of leechers is quite high compared to the number of taxpayers.
During COVID, the govt. paid 70% of you wages and many small companies invented staff and got hold of this money. Money was given away without checks and now the govt. has found out that billions have been lost.

All this affect prices of food, houses, rent, bills, etc. and wages and so this country is broke! I don't know why we supply Ukraine with weapons when we are broke!
What do they say again? What goes around, comes around to bite you up the arse. Honestly, I don't feel bad for Eng and it's commonwealth bs. Serves that country right for causing so much trauma all around the world.

Unfortunately, CANADA is heading the same way, letting in any immigrant. We have a low population crisis and a housing crisis here, where these new immigrants will stay is beyond me. Houses are not being built either. Am all for competent immigrants getting into the country who will give back to the community in the form of tax, not these moochers who come here and stays on welfare. Me pay tax, me no like these people. Trudeau may look like a superstar around the world, but in the contrary, he is a dumbass.
Old May 16, 2023, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences but mixing with dodgy students normally does result in a bad experience.

Allhamdullilah the former students like me who come from proper universities now work in decent positions around London Allhamdullilah in our own houses and never had to maira anyone's money.

In the past some of students who used to work at the food stall in all major train tube station would be so nice, and soe glad to meet a Bangladeshi from back home and have a short chat about back home.

Never got the same reception from the Brit Sylethis. They would grimace at the moment they no one is a non Sylethi.

So based on your comment you wont befriend me

We still have our biriyani date, be it here or in BD. When are you heading back btw?

I seem to have a become a frequent flyer and might need a fatter passport next time I have to renew my passport.