facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old May 10, 2007, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

India played well but Bangladesh could've won the game easily. Bangladesh threw it away when they needed to put some pressure on Indian batsman. Poor captaincy. But definitely great batting from Dhoni and Karthik. They deserve it.

Old May 10, 2007, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Yea...True we won against the mighty BD only because of the Umpire..India can never beat BD .One win and you think BD will beat India everytime..Come out of Wonderland...
Dear psj,

Why rub salt on the wound? Well, no we dont need to beat India everytime but by losing with dignity unlike before we made a point that India will have to work hard to beat us and not have us like cake with coffee like previous years.

Just like we got the faulty analogy that we'll beat India every game (a positive one nonetheless) you Indians also have the analogy that you can beat us with great ease every match (a negative one since such mentality causes slack performances which cost India a place in super 8). Knock! knock! We aren't a minnow anymore. Maybe by Australia's standards but not by yours or Pakistanis' standard.

For India's sake, I hope today's match is a wake up call and they bring Sachin and Ganguly to the field, not enjoy watching it from a 5-star room in Sonargaon hotel.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

bangladesh could have won the game if they made more runs like 280
Old May 10, 2007, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj
Yea...True we won against the mighty BD only because of the Umpire..India can never beat BD .One win and you think BD will beat India everytime..Come out of Wonderland...
Dear Sir
I normally think Indians are sensible and intelligent persons. I got really dishearted to see you below par. Use your brain. Don't jump in ecstacy with a win by the help of a nonsense umpire.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

**** man..we lost again..i have a feeling this sets a tone for the whole tour ...
I think our batting clicks only once in 5 matches and by the next time we bat well, the tour would have been over !!
Old May 10, 2007, 11:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Dear Sir
I normally think Indians are sensible and intelligent persons. I got really dishearted to see you below par. Use your brain. Don't jump in ecstacy with a win by the help of a nonsense umpire.
Couldnt BD get Dhoni out again?.If not Dhoni then someone else would have played.BD played bad cricket towards the last 12 overs and lost the match.Accept it and look forward to the next game

Last edited by Tintin; May 10, 2007 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: mod.edit : not a very wise thing to say at the moment
Old May 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
BC Editorial Team

psj, it may be better to drop the topic at the moment, at least till everyone cools down
Old May 10, 2007, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Not every day will Mashrafee be out and spinners be unlucky. Sure, everyday, Bashar will be out for <20; But I would revert to one cheezy Kuddus Boyati saying, " Ei Din Din na Aro Din..
Old May 10, 2007, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Sob indian mile amake jari diteche oi de Silva thread e .........desi bhara amake bachan please.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by istiak
Sob indian mile amake jari diteche oi de Silva thread e .........desi bhara amake bachan please.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

why you guys are complaining, this has made the series INTERESTING....

now BD will win the next one...and then it will be 1-1 and then we will have a tight contest in the last one!! wouldn't that be more interesting???
Old May 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

I am truly sad by loosing this match like others but there's nothing we,the fans can do except wathing these defeats.

The only positive thing that I find from todays match is : Everyone in our team will know that 220-250 is not a winning score in the sub continent pitches, even our captain said that 220 would be a very good total. Players like Ashraful and Aftab will realize that with Habibul playing there is a little chance of winning, specially with his indifferent field setting. Thus these players will deifinitely try to go for a better score in the next games.

Today we targeted 230 and we achieved 250. Now just imagine if we would have targeted 250 what would happen? It is time we bring some belief in ourselves.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 10, 2007, 01:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Dhoni got the luck of getting 100% biased decision by Asoka, the culprit.
.It can happen to us next time .I still remember one BD player(I don't remeber his name ) was not given LBW out of Tendulkar Bowling ,Which looks absolutely out in replay in the WC match.You are saying this because now you guys are thinking that you can win matches ,but it has happened to India many times.I can give you one more Example when India could have won the test match and Series against Australia in Sydney (Steve Waugh's last test match).When many plum LBWs were turn down fo Kumbles bowling by terrible umpiring from Steve Bucknor(Sp??)

IMO the turning point of the match was missed run-out of Dinesh Karthik.

Last edited by stuge; May 10, 2007 at 02:04 PM..
Old May 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganguly da
why you guys are complaining, this has made the series INTERESTING....

now BD will win the next one...and then it will be 1-1 and then we will have a tight contest in the last one!! wouldn't that be more interesting???
yep i agree with u
Old May 10, 2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

today we missed mashrafee badly.....
Old May 10, 2007, 02:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

How the $#@% did we lose that match? India broke my heart.
Old May 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

i am having such a hard time to get over this painful loss... jeta khela ta amra ki bhabe harlam.
Old May 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Lightbulb One man show

I think it was simply an one man show with 2 extra legs.

BD got very demoralized or somewhat lost mentally in their final 5 overs. They should follow Sri Lanka and how they fight till the last ball. Habbu's strategy was ineffective buffered by the bowlers ill performance.

The pitch was a batting paradise for sure...but BD managed to get some pressure with early wickets....just they couldnt continue with that....some sloppy fielding and the umpire was harsh with Dhon's LBW appeal...that was plumb...really bad umpiring and some bad luck too.....
But am expecting some more fight back from BD team....it was an entertaining match...BD is not famous for this kinds of matches...so we should also get used to it....maybe next time BD will inshallah win.....

Hoping for the best....

I'll upload the highlights in my website, anyone with links and location please contact me.thanks

amaderVideo.com
Old May 10, 2007, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

first the heat, then the legitimately raised expectations, and finally watching our very own captain duckworth handing it to the opposition one single at a time... physically, emotionally and intellectually (what's left of it!) exhausting.

kudos to tamim and shakzie for keeping the faith... ash, aftab and rafique for doing whatever they could with the little time they had. making mongia look good ain't that tough when time is not on your side. the seamers, despite being belted around the park for a few, fought back well against the hostilities, and did alright given the limitations beyond their control at this particular stage in their development as international cricketers. the spinners, especially razz and shakzie, were stellar despite the bland wicket. the customary, complacent captaincy, other flubs and fumbles here and there, and the day's luck opened a door for our guests. kartik helped m.s. dhoni rise to the occasion and hobble right through that door and here we are: 1 zip india.

we missed mash, both with the ball and the bat, i'd say at least 10-20 more runs, hard to say with golla finally hogging the wicket with success. to his personal credit, golla played out of his skin and deserves not to be bitched at too much, but we do need to take a good look at the kind of nihilism that puts unfit, strokeless wonders like him, also incapable of rotating the strike, in a position that costs the team at least 20 to 30 valuable runs EVERYTIME... we don't have to look too far.

let's just hope that they learn from their mistakes ... this time around

Last edited by Sohel; May 17, 2007 at 08:56 AM..