facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 3, 2004, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Bangladesh Lost ...

Edited on, September 4, 2004, 12:36 AM GMT, by nasif.

Old September 3, 2004, 07:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
Bangladesh Lost ...

Edited on, September 4, 2004, 12:36 AM GMT, by nasif.
Edited by moderator. Why?
Old September 3, 2004, 08:00 PM
Street Cricketer

I am frustated with the result in this game. Ofcourse BD as a team played a very bad game today.

I have a doubt about the umpiring in this game.Though there is no probe as I did not watch the game. But observing the scoreboard one might get some idea. See bellow the scotland innings:

Scotland 1st Innings 263/6 Closed (Overs 50)
Batsman Fieldsman Bowler Runs Min Bls 4s 6s
DR Lockhart b Nazmul Hossain 0 2 3 0 0
GI Maiden b Mohammad Rafique 29 64 49 2 1
RR Watson b Manjural IslamRana 83 139 94 11 0
DF Watts b Mohammad Rafique 50 96 62 2 0
CV English not out 49 81 53 4 0
CJO Smith+ b Tapesh Baisya 20 48 39 0 0
Asim Butt c Tapesh Baisya b Nazmul Hossain 0 2 1 0 0
CM Wright* not out 10 10 5 1 0
IM Stanger dnb -
SC Coetzer dnb -
G Goudie dnb -
extras (b0 lb12 w3 nb7) 22
TOTAL 6 wickets for 263
FOW
1-0(DR Lockhart) 2-63(GI Maiden) 3-172(RR Watson) 4-187(DF Watts) 5-236(CJO Smith)
6-237(Asim Butt)
Bowler O M R W wd nb
Nazmul Hossain 10 1 35 2 - -
Tareq Aziz 10 0 61 0 - 3
Tapesh Baisya 10 0 74 1 - 3
Mohammad Rafique 10 0 32 2 1 -
Manjural IslamRana 10 0 49 1 2 -

Only 5 out of 6 wickets bowled out and Only one is caught out by Tapash. In cricket this might happen and simple. But as the umpire is not neutral, I am doubtful. I think they give out only which they can not ignor. Scotland might play with 13 player.

I ofcourse criticise our bowler as they gave to many runs especially Tapash and Tareq. Tapash being a frontline bowler should bowled economically.
Old September 4, 2004, 02:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

It's really bad. We loose again against a weak and non-test playing country.
Old September 4, 2004, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Our team plaed very bad at the end part of match...
Old September 4, 2004, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i trusted tapash's abilities...looks like he bowled the last over though...
Old September 4, 2004, 07:41 AM

Yeah, the last over thing was so sad.
But don't forget that the scottish played whole game very well and cool.
As long as it was a practice match, let just forget it and look forward.
Hope whole team got a good lesson and prove it in the field in upcoming matches.
Old September 4, 2004, 09:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Why 5 bowlers only?

My opinion is that BD lost the game due the captain. As a new and young captain, Rajin does not know how to use bowlers. Observing the follwong bowling figures we would say that spiners gave less runs. But why did he not use Ash and himself for bowling?

Bowler O M R W wd nb
------------------------------------
Nazmul Hossain 10 1 35 2 - -
Tareq Aziz 10 0 61 0 - 3
Tapesh Baisya 10 0 74 1 - 3
Mohammad Rafique 10 0 32 2 1 -
Manjural IslamRana 10 0 49 1 2 -
Old September 4, 2004, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

hey roboutram, thanks for the updates yesterday.

zeph and others, tapash was playing - we posted the numbers and corresponding players if you read the thread. tareq must be #8 and he was hit hard from his very first over. So the excuse of not having our best bowlers is not valid. On this day, they weren't good enough. Accept it and move on.
Old September 4, 2004, 09:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Rafiq. I've come to the terms of defeat by now. But in regard to our best strike bowlers, i still stand by my words, Mashrafee, Talha ( fully recovered) and Raz would be our main strike force in near future, not Tapash. I like Tapash but he should be considered as stop-gap solution, not a permanent one. And in this match, I emphasize, our 'bowling-order/rotation' was surely experimental. Like FW said Tapash never bowls credibly at first change, ref - Canada'99 match. Another thing is, like so many posters indicated, some blame should be directed to Rajin as well even knowing this is his first tour as captain. How come he continued seam bowling when the Scots were struggling against spin? He or Ash should have turned their arm over for couples of overs here and there. Almost no team in the international cricket use only 5 main bowlers!

I'm not interested about excuses. I think we (fans+ players+ captain+ management) have learnt few lessons from this game.
Old September 4, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

They should have used more than 5 bowlers to break the partner ships and i am really interested to see the coments from the BC memebers who went to the field on the umpires....

Edited on, September 4, 2004, 4:35 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Old September 4, 2004, 12:40 PM
Club Cricketer

I have learnt that some Bangla supporters change their views like the wind. Zephania I seem to remember you saying that Bangladesh could not have lost the game with Tapash playing. He was and hey presto, Scotland played against a stop/gap solution.

Hi akabir. Not banned yet then? Now you have doubts about the umpires. Thanks very much on their behalf. Have you noticed there was not one lbw in the match, not even in the Bangladesh innings. In fact there was one lbw, and that was of a Scotland player, in the two games. Obviously trigger fingers then! Please have a bit more respect for your opposition and their approach. Presumably the last ball win against Ireland was also a home result.

Instead of clutching at straws how about both teams have ability, both teams played well on the day and one lost. I listened to Dav Whatmore on the radio this morning when he was interviewed after the first game and he gave the opposition more credit even then.

He described Scotland as having a good base of cricket, a lot of experience and talent in the side, but reflected that the Scots' players had similar problems to the Bangladesh players. That the performances reflect the mental problems of playing at a new level in 'the big league' or in our case the 'bigger league'. But that he expected Scotland to fight to beat Bangladesh. It was an interesting interview.

However I know there have been gracious comments here albeit with some scratching of heads. I think too many assumed Ireland were the problem side. Mind you they nearly had a win as well. Anyway I hope your next win is greeted with 'the better team on the day' and that you get the credit. And you will have a next win with those young players coming through.

Edited on, September 4, 2004, 5:55 PM GMT, by Trueblue.
Old September 4, 2004, 01:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

OMG i cant blieve this we lost again to scotland...
Old September 4, 2004, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

bepar na hoye jai airokom oghoton.................aito jibon.............aito jibon..................aito jibon.........................hajar koshte bhora manusher mon..............shob asha kokhono hoi na puron............aito jibon............aito jibon..........aito jibon.........
Old September 4, 2004, 01:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Trueblue. I duely congratulated Scotland. After match reactions are mostly 'soul searching'. Or may be it's just only me being an Arsenal fan do not like the taste of defeat :bald:. You know what Gunners are upto this days.....
Old September 4, 2004, 01:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

but waht wrong with our team? they are playing good but for some reason they could not win any game
Old September 4, 2004, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueblue

Hi akabir. Not banned yet then? Now you have doubts about the umpires. Thanks very much on their behalf. Have you noticed there was not one lbw in the match, not even in the Bangladesh innings. In fact there was one lbw, and that was of a Scotland player, in the two games. Obviously trigger fingers then! Please have a bit more respect for your opposition and their approach. Presumably the last ball win against Ireland was also a home result.
Edited on, September 4, 2004, 5:55 PM GMT, by Trueblue.
Well i don't see why should i be bann when you people don't know how to secure the webpages and leave html all over the place ... remember i didn't harm your site just used the htmls which was open in the first place.........

Second i just pointed out another possibility of the umpeirs which doesn't mean scotland/ireland can't play or something.... Though there was any lbw, there was an Crucial NO call in right moment which ditroyed the bowlers Consternation and with that i don't mean they were favouring Scott but making our life more difficult as we suspect they (ICC UMP) don't like us... And bd faced this ump prob so many times for exmp inz notout aginst pakistan test and some other matches like that... I hope you can understand where i am coming from.
Didn't want to upset you or anything....

Good luck with your team hope they will come to dhaka in near future

Edited on, September 5, 2004, 7:18 AM GMT, by akabir77.
Old September 5, 2004, 04:05 PM
Street Cricketer

Some photos of the last over from Fridays game can be found here.

http://www.rampant-lion.co.uk/cgi-bi...rum=3&topic=65
Old September 5, 2004, 04:38 PM
Retired BC Admin

Thanks a lot, roboutram.
Old September 6, 2004, 12:26 AM
Club Cricketer

I have one remark about Chinaman's article "the bitter sweet loss" where he said "However, was it really that depressing, I'd beg to differ." I beg to differ with him. If BD cant defend a score of 259 against Scotland, then we surely have not made much strides..have we? I am not taking anything away from the scottish team.In fact I congratulate them on this deserving win. But as a fan, I would have expected the tigers to win the match, as they were the favorites. No doubt that this has done wonders for scottish cricket, but what has it done for BD cricket, other than put us back a couple of strides? The fans have a right to express their displeasure and grievance at this loss. It wont sell by saying...the coach experimented with the team lineup..or this was a practice or warm-up match...or we are figuring our lineup ahead of ICC championship! I dont think anybody will agree with this line anymore. Once for a change the top order clicked, yet we lost which was like a smack across the face. I hope the batsmen would keep up this good work. But scoring 259, we surely should have won this match (considering our players and their experience). Our cricketers need to treat each match as a do-or-die situation, where they must win against lowley placed teams and fight until the last ball against better teams. We cant ask anything more than that. Unless they can muster this belief, we will be living in a cocoon from which it will be hard for us to get out of...and we will be finding rationals to justify defeats after defeats. In my opinion, we need to shrug off this attitude. No offense meant to anyone!
Old September 6, 2004, 01:24 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

About the umpiring issue, I believe we have also won lots of matches with the help of our deshi umpires in such practice matches. So no big deal.
Old September 6, 2004, 01:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Higher ranked teams sometimes lose in practice matches and usually it is just shrugged off as 'one off' poor performances. Unfortunately that can't be said of BD since we hardly win anything at all. Practice matches are our only face-saving chances to prove our cricketing superiority over emerging teams
Old September 6, 2004, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieBloke
If BD cant defend a score of 259 against Scotland, then we surely have not made much strides..have we?
No doubt that this has done wonders for scottish cricket, but what has it done for BD cricket, other than put us back a couple of strides? The fans have a right to express their displeasure and grievance at this loss. It wont sell by saying...the coach experimented with the team lineup..or this was a practice or warm-up match...or we are figuring our lineup ahead of ICC championship! I dont think anybody will agree with this line anymore. Once for a change the top order clicked, yet we lost which was like a smack across the face. I hope the batsmen would keep up this good work. But scoring 259, we surely should have won this match (considering our players and their experience). Our cricketers need to treat each match as a do-or-die situation, where they must win against lowley placed teams and fight until the last ball against better teams.
Yes, it was a click of the top order once in a while, and no one can guarantee that they got their form back, because of this practice match.
It will be proved very soon in coming matches, and what we got left for us then? Another painful memory, and surely not a sweet one.
However, a lose is a lose, like a win is a win, and nothing should come first to that.
Let just admit that we lost the game first, and Scotland was better than us in this game, and we weren't able to defend ourselves, that's the whole thing.
Old September 6, 2004, 02:15 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
It wont sell by saying...the coach experimented with the team lineup..or this was a practice or warm-up match..
Nothing to sell. It was a practice match, wasn't it?
Quote:
Our cricketers need to treat each match as a do-or-die situation.
A professional team would approach each match according to its merit without risking unnecessary injuries. Anyway, I'm not defending the loss in any way, however, I'm not ready to deny the positives either.
Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
Yes, it was a click of the top order once in a while, and no one can guarantee that they got their form back, because of this practice match.
Yes, it was a misclick of the bowlers once in a while, and no one can guarantee that they will lose their form again and again, because of this practice match.
Old September 6, 2004, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by PoorFan[/i]
Yes, it was a click of the top order once in a while, and no one can guarantee that they got their form back, because of this practice match.[/quote]Yes, it was a misclick of the bowlers once in a while, and no one can guarantee that they will lose their form again and again, because of this practice match. [/quote]
Oh dear chinaman, forgive me if I go after tit for tat sometime!
So if it is a miss click of the bowlers this time, and we have to lose sometime to a associate team,
"not again and again" but "sometime" is that it's mean? of course not because of this practice match though.
But that "sometime" is the big problem to me. Do we have anything to do with that?
I think a lot of people have to do or think a lot of things with that "sometime" problem, and I am sure they did that.

If you are happy with the positive points of this match which could be proved a less or nothing in future, I have no problem with that.
But I am one of those, who are concern about the negative points, before going after the positive points, which we must have for a win.
So to me it's more important to think, how and why we lost this close match (not to blame someone) and what should we have done to win this match.
It will help us in future when we have to face a close match situation like this time. Hope you understand me.