facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 23, 2018, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Default Do you lose Bangladeshi citizenship after becoming a naturalized American?

Basically what title says. Do you have to relinquish Bangladeshi citizenship if you become naturalized American citizen?

Old February 23, 2018, 01:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

^^

I don't think so.
Old February 23, 2018, 02:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

An immigration lawyer or person working with INS should be able to mention the term, "Dual Citizen" to you.
Old February 23, 2018, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Sassy ^^ :p

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 23, 2018, 03:25 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

you can be a citizen of all the countries on this planet along with mercury, venus, mars, ceres, jupitar, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto, sedna, proxima century b etc and still be a citizen of BD. that's why you'll see our guys don't even blink to think about getting the passport of 1st world countries when they go there.

not only this but also ur future generation who are not BD citizen can get a no visa required on their passport to enter BD because they have BD background through you

this the biggest BS I have seen in my life.
Old February 23, 2018, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you can be a citizen of all the countries on this planet along with mercury, venus, mars, ceres, jupitar, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto, sedna, proxima century b etc and still be a citizen of BD. that's why you'll see our guys don't even blink to think about getting the passport of 1st world countries when they go there.

not only this but also ur future generation who are not BD citizen can get a no visa required on their passport to enter BD because they have BD background through you

^I understand BD government doesn't do anything. But what about the US? by naturalizing, aren't you relinquishing all other claim to nationality? Isn't that a big part of the naturalization process?
Old February 23, 2018, 04:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
^I understand BD government doesn't do anything. But what about the US? by naturalizing, aren't you relinquishing all other claim to nationality? Isn't that a big part of the naturalization process?
Yankees (E), you can get dual citizenship but once you get the US passport at the back there is some restrictions. For instance, one I can remember is if you work for too long in Bangladesh (or the given country) or stay for some reason, then certain rules and restrictions exist.

Do you have internet at your home? You can Google "dual citizenship" + "relinquish" etc.

Old February 23, 2018, 04:19 PM
Cricket Savant

jau behuda tumar risarch kore dilam... jau!

https://www.dualcitizenship.com/coun...angladesh.html

Quote:
Loss of Citizenship Due to Dual Citizenship

The loss of U.S. citizenship can only occur if a person's actions demonstrate an intent to give up his or her citizenship. Such actions might include:

Serving in the armed forces of a country which is engaged in hostilities against the United States.

Formally renouncing one's U.S. citizenship in front of a duly authorized U.S. official.

Committing an act of treason against the United States, or attempting or conspiring to overthrow the U.S. Government.

Although it's rare, some countries will revoke a national's citizenship when citizenship is acquired elsewhere. Other countries require renunciation of any prior citizenships as a condition of naturalizations. It is important to carefully read all of the rules of citizenship for each country.
http://immigration.findlaw.com/citiz...tizenship.html

Good thread though.

Old February 23, 2018, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf

The latter applies to me
Old February 24, 2018, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

If my birth certificate shows that I was born in Bangladesh, then damn well I am a citizen of that country.
Old February 24, 2018, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

ok bhaiyos, this is the deal:
US does not formally recognize dual citizenship, but also don't care enough to demand you renounce any other citizenship. For all intents and purposes, US will not recognize any other State's authority over you as long as you are an American.

Curious if anyone here born in Can, UK, US, Aus has gone out of their way to apply for BD passport.
Old February 24, 2018, 09:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
If my birth certificate shows that I was born in Bangladesh, then damn well I am a citizen of that country.
this is factually false. Most countries around the world don't recognize "jus soli" law, including Bangladesh.
Old February 25, 2018, 07:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

You need to worry about if BD allows you to have dual citizenship.
At the moment, it does.
There are talks at parliamentary levels of changing this like India.
Old February 25, 2018, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
You need to have a BD passport or a Voter ID card. If you don't have either ...
Old March 10, 2018, 09:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Yankee,
shob gula're ekta koire chotkana dao. Beshi janey.

YES, Naturalized US Citizen, is no longer a citizen of his/her country of birth. At the time of OATH you denounce your BD/(whatever country) citizenship.

Following is the process. After getting the US citizenship:

1. Get a ELECTRONIC birth certificate via BD embassy. Voter ID card is also important.
2. Apply for dual citizenship at BD EMBASSY. They will do a back groud check at BD, Police report etc.

The application of the dual citizenship takes time. From the embassy it goes to external affairs, from there, internal affairs. Then it comes back through the same channel.

The inspector bodmash will verify your address at BD and will ask for CHA-PANI khawar poisha.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE PROPERTY IN BD and of course TAX.
Old March 11, 2018, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

To my knowledge you don’t lose Bangladeshi citizenship if you take British citizenship. Not sure if this applies to US though.

You should be able to renew your passport based on your old Bangladeshi passport. Check the BD embassy website for details.

if you want Bangladesh government to recognise your dual status you need to apply for this in Dhaka. But according to the poster below they claim it can be done in USA. This info should be on their website.

I would suggest if you want to continue your citizenship, you get your BD national ID card done.
Old March 19, 2018, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for the input Tigers_eye and adamnsu,

It seems like too much of a hassle to become an official dual-citizen at this point. Might be important since my family still has land in Bangladesh, but my cousins probably have already "dokhol kore ache."

I have a "visa-free" travel stamp on my passport, which allows very easy entry/exit to Bangladesh. If anyone is curious how to get one, the process is very simple:

Take your passport to the BD consulate, and show proof of your Bangladeshi ancestry, such as:
1) Parents BD passport
2) Birth certificate if you are born in BD
3) Parents marriage certificate if married in BD.

And the consulate will stamp one of your visa pages and it's usually good for 10 years. And you won't have to get visa upon entry.
Old March 20, 2018, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

That is called no visa. Syletis get that here.