facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 22, 2016, 09:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Saqlain Sajib was getting decent amount of turn yesterday against Australia he was just not pitching it in the right areas at times. I think that's why Mortaza persisted with him.

Captains sometimes take gambles, when it pays off he is a genius, when it doesn't people are ready to throw stones... it is part of the game, no need to get riled up. Yes, Mortaza and co are human and they make mistakes too...

Imagine Mortaza used Mustafizur and Shakib and AlAmin instead of Sajib in that over finishing their quota and then sajib bowled the 20th over and Australia needed 17 off 6 and got it....People would then be blaming Mortaza for not saving the last over with your best bowler. I am pretty sure stuff like that happened in the past with Bangladesh and Bangladesh lost. Of Course, Mortaza himself would never bowl the 20th over and we all know why(past record)

There is a saying in English: "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't"

Old March 22, 2016, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Saqlain Sajib was getting decent amount of turn yesterday against Australia he was just not pitching it in the right areas at times. I think that's why Mortaza persisted with him.

Captains sometimes take gambles, when it pays off he is a genius, when it doesn't people are ready to throw stones... it is part of the game, no need to get riled up. Yes, Mortaza and co are human and they make mistakes too...

Imagine Mortaza used Mustafizur and Shakib and AlAmin instead of Sajib in that over finishing their quota and then sajib bowled the 20th over and Australia needed 17 off 6 and got it....People would then be blaming Mortaza for not saving the last over with your best bowler. I am pretty sure stuff like that happened in the past with Bangladesh and Bangladesh lost.

This is a top post, Rifat, and top class observation in my view.

I don't think there's any reason to go after Mash for his tactics yesterday, particularly his bowling changes. He gambled and it didn't pay off. That's the nature of sports.

The only source of disappointment for me was the body language. Mash looked deflated. The drooping shoulders were annoying and sent the wrong message to the team. Even if he was not feeling up to it, the team needed to see his swagger. He just didn't have the eye of the tiger. Showed up to the toss and looked like he was going to break down in tears. Ian Bishop probably felt like he needed to give Mash a big bear hug.

The only thing that was lacking yesterday was fight. Yes, fielding was shoddy, batting was tentative at times (except Shak and Riyad), bowling was not always incisive (except Fizz and Shak), but I would have rued yesterday's defeat less if we had shown more determination.
Old March 22, 2016, 09:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Rony miar onuvuti (feelings) ki ai match niya munni saha (jati) jante chay
Old March 22, 2016, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

Imagine Mortaza used Mustafizur and Shakib and AlAmin instead of Sajib in that over finishing their quota and then sajib bowled the 20th over and Australia needed 17 off 6 and got it....People would then be blaming Mortaza for not saving the last over with your best bowler. I am pretty sure stuff like that happened in the past with Bangladesh and Bangladesh lost. Of Course, Mortaza himself would never bowl the 20th over and we all know why(past record)

What about his field placing? Aussie hit 5 boundaries exactly through the same area and Sunny also pointed this out. His bowling change and persist with Saqlain was one of the worst decisions in recent past.
Old March 22, 2016, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
What about his field placing? Aussie hit 5 boundaries exactly through the same area and Sunny also pointed this out. His bowling change and persist with Saqlain was one of the worst decisions in recent past.
Mash was below acceptable level yesterday as a captain and as a player. Everybody has bad days. He had his share yesterday. Now let's move on.
Old March 22, 2016, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

I wish we Bangladeshis were mentally strong like the Aussies. Our entire team and fan base get demotivated when 1/2 players get banned or are injured. When Taskin got banned, many fans said that they would now stop following the worldcup, similarly the players including the captain seemed to have lost the match even before it ended in the field.

If players gave 100%, held on to the catches, made better field placement/ bowling changes, we could have even won the match with a depleted side.

Against India, even if Tamim, Mustafiz is out against due to injury, sickness; we should still give 100% in the field and not have our shoulders down in the field..
Old March 22, 2016, 11:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

To WHOM IT MAY CONCERN....

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

1. We the BD resident of Little Rock have decided, if by any chance with our C team, we beat Ind; Cows will be sacrificed and a feast will be held at the Baishakhi get together. Everyone is invited. Free food and entry for our Ind friends.

2. Right after the match we will sign a petition to BCB to bring back the team from WC. Don't even need to play Guptil. Just come back. New Mission accomplished.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ I'm vegetarian...any thing like tofu braised in soy sauce will be available?
Old March 22, 2016, 11:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
To WHOM IT MAY CONCERN....

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

1. We the BD resident of Little Rock have decided, if by any chance with our C team, we beat Ind; Cows will be sacrificed and a feast will be held at the Baishakhi get together. Everyone is invited. Free food and entry for our Ind friends.

2. Right after the match we will sign a petition to BCB to bring back the team from WC. Don't even need to play Guptil. Just come back. New Mission accomplished.
Could that part of the post be omitted? You could safely say we are going to have beef curry, mutton bhuna or lamb chop. Did not expect that.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
^^ I'm vegetarian...any thing like tofu braised in soy sauce will be available?
I am best at cooking Tofu. Worked at a Chinese restaurant back in the days. I will make you the best kind of Tofu you ever had. No worries for you. You would be taken care of.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Could that part of the post be omitted? You could safely say we are going to have beef curry, mutton bhuna or lamb chop. Did not expect that.
It is a Baishakhi festival. Of course it will have Ilish (Hilsa) - Rui (Ruhu).

Special Goru'r rezala. Bhishon Jhal diye ranna hobay. Bairey dekchi niye!!! Kono Bhabi'ra ei ranna'r kasey ashbe na. Aren't you at Tennessee?
Old March 22, 2016, 11:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

My fellow Indians please do avoid this thread as you will be branded as a troll and abused a lot for friendly banters.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:

Special Goru'r rezala. Bhishon Jhal diye ranna hobay. Bairey dekchi niye!!! Kono Bhabi'ra ei ranna'r kasey ashbe na. Aren't you at Tennessee?
I wish I was in Nashville, it could be few hours to Little Rock. But alas I am in New Hampshire now. Man, that description just made my mouth get watery.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
My fellow Indians please do avoid this thread as you will be branded as a troll and abused a lot for friendly banters.
As long as anyone (not Inds only) do not do the the following

"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

No one should be branded as troll. And if that happens, there is a report button on every post. This is a forum. Nationality doesn't increase or decrease anyone's right according to the forum rules. Exercise your right.
Old March 22, 2016, 11:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Here we go again.....
Old March 22, 2016, 12:14 PM
Banned

If wicket does not offer any turn or is similar to yesterday, I don't want to see Saqlain anywhere near the national team, utter garbage. I saw the game, nothing special in him, a ordinary SLA bowler, with hardly any variations or thinking ability, he was delivery balls right where the batsman wanted him to, not only that, the ball came to them so slowly that they had enough time to whack it for a boundary. Unless the wicket offers exceptional turn, I wouldn't pick him. Shakib got hit yesterday early, but came back really strong, he used his variation, faster, slower, and also used his head. When batsman went after him.. Bowled right lines during second part of his spell. I am very sure, Taijul would have don't better than Saqlain... Really poor stuff from him.
Old March 22, 2016, 12:18 PM
Banned

I would have Rony for Saqlain, let him get hit, his only 20 odd, I would rather persist with someone who has potential for the future, than waste a spot by bowling Saqlain just for the sake of playing a second spinner.
Old March 22, 2016, 12:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: me

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
I m doing well till now lol
Old March 22, 2016, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKohli
I m doing well till now lol
Well come back bro. You guys are the favourites tomorrow. We have been emotional affected really badly, our captain has lost it. But hoping, the others in the team would help him out. Expecting a close game and a surprise win. But you guys have everything in place to win.. But future is unpredictable, living with hope of a surprise win.
Old March 22, 2016, 12:41 PM
Banned

BTW king Kohli, do you have any contact with BCCI, we appealed for Taskin, according to rules, CCI should respond in two days.. I belive, the appeal was made 2 days ago, are BCCI waiting for India match, help us out bro? I think that special appeal results will come after after India again, even though ICC mostly responds in two days, I reckon this time it will be 3-4 days before NZ game, not that it would affect India.
Old March 22, 2016, 12:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
Well come back bro. You guys are the favourites tomorrow. We have been emotional affected really badly, our captain has lost it. But hoping, the others in the team would help him out. Expecting a close game and a surprise win. But you guys have everything in place to win.. But future is unpredictable, living with hope of a surprise win.
Bd has nothing to lose here.. IND must win with good NRR just incase other Aus team shows up on that day.. To be honest I don't think they deserve to semis if they lose against Aus at home..

I think you almost had Aus last time.. That new spinner gave away in that 17th or 18th

I m getting sick and tired of turners. Hopefully a 200+ track
Old March 22, 2016, 12:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
BTW king Kohli, do you have any contact with BCCI, we appealed for Taskin, according to rules, CCI should respond in two days.. I belive, the appeal was made 2 days ago, are BCCI waiting for India match, help us out bro? I think that special appeal results will come after after India again, even though ICC mostly responds in two days, I reckon this time it will be 3-4 days before NZ game, not that it would affect India.
Can you please leave bcci out of this.. they have nothing to do with taskin's case nor they care..

ICC is what you should be worrying about.
Old March 22, 2016, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
WTF is this? Lol. Don't know why I'm doing the mod's job, but please please don't provoke. To all Indian fans reading this, please do not be provoked. Thank you to all.
Old March 22, 2016, 12:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:

okay. holud punjabi ta istri koira ar future istri ghori raikha ashtasi..mijan bhai amar jonno 2 plate rezala ready raikhen..
Old March 22, 2016, 12:58 PM
Test Cricketer

BC timer is wrong. Game is tomorrow on 23rd not 25th