facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 10, 2007, 11:55 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Sometime it is better to be lucky then good. I will take this kinda good luck anyday homy. As a matter of fact I think it is Zimbabwe who got lucky to come that close to Bangladesh.

Luck prefers the braves!
Very well said, indeed!

Old February 10, 2007, 11:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

couldnt agree more with shovon in each and every of his 2 cents that he's put in here. really, why do some of us ALWAYS look at everything with a sense of negativity ? ...guess the glass is always half-empty for some of us. Agreed that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but sometimes its just too hard not to come in and a write a thing or two.

BD successfully chased an arguably "big" total against a team that's the closest to them in terms of playing quality. And THAT deserves more credit than criticism. Mayb our tigers are comparatively a bit more talented than these zimbabweans, but u cant just keep calling a national team a third string team and hope for them to get beaten comprehensively in every game. This IS what's supposed to happen when BD and Zim play each other these days : that bd wud win more matches against zim than they wud lose, and some of them WILL be close ones, like today's. And THAT is the improvement one is supposed to notice from 3/4 years ago, when we werent in the position of getting in the game with as much confidence as we do today. Teams like AUS/Ind/SL/SA etc are expected to beat zimbabwe in a canter, and BD is NOT in the same league as those teams. So we should quit ranting about not whitewashing them in every encounter.

The improvements of this BD team from the past few years dont take a rocket scientist to notice, nor do the areas where we still need to improve to put ourselves in a comfortable position when we play the elites. And everyone seems to forget the truth-etched-on-stone about cricket : that this a game of certainty. Performance against one team on one day does not, and should NOT, indicate the potential performance against another team on another day, especially in one-day cricket. Well, the BD fans who are supposedly "well-educated" in terms of cricketing sense, are proving to be the ones who are the most critical.
Old February 10, 2007, 12:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Another win for BD......May be not so convinsing but a win is a win......

We should not come to a conclusion too early (as did by many members here) about the run out of Bashar.......He was just backing up and ball got a deflection from bowler's hand....Any batsman of this would do the same..i mean backing up. So you just can't blame him.... Even in last ODI he had a bad run out....He had to run because of Sharif..

I still saw no problem from his captaincy (its even improving).
Old February 10, 2007, 12:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
dude...u are Living a "IF" Life. If this didnt happen that would have happened... if this was a slow ball this player wouldnt have got out ...if this...

Man thats it...u think whatever u think. and let everyone else think that we are MUCH better team then ZIM(and we are supposed to be)...and we are able to beat ANY TEAM in this WORLD which ZIM can't at the moment( THERE is no "if" i'e if there was heat streak They also could beat...) I thought U are living in Reality !
Btw u are saying about After SA Wc...we improved . then after the last tournament agaisnt ZIM did we improve ? we certainly havnt. coz we are supposed to beat them more easily. go and read the Cricinfo bulletin of this Match ! it might help u !
oh man. you dont give up do you? glad that i found a match.

how am i living an 'if' life? the only time i used that word is when i was explaining why there is not a big distance between bangladesh and zimbabwe. both of these teams are able to beat any team in the world. but both of these teams regularly lose to the top 8, because they are both still a work in progress. do you seriously consider bangladesh even-matched with the likes of west indies?

we cant measure progress in such a short time span. it has merely been a few months since our last series against zimbabwe. even then, we have shown plenty of signs of improvement since our last series in zimbabwe which we lost. dont forget to factor in home field advantage. i really wouldn't call it a decline to go from winning 5-0 at home to winning 3-1 away.
Old February 10, 2007, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Today's match was good only from a neutral perspective, and for Zimbabwe.

The only good thing that we got from this match being such a nail biter is to prove to us the fact that majority of our players don't have the nerves against this Zimbabwe team.

Afrina in the other thread pointed this out very clearly:

- If we play like this against Zimbabwe, then what will our players do against the likes of Vaas and Malinga?
if australia plays like this against england, what will they do in the world cup?

how about the 3rd odi. in that match we came back from the jaws of defeat. in this one, zimbabwe was threatening to do the same....but we held on to pull off the win. not too bad for my taste.
Old February 10, 2007, 12:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bashar's runout was very very unfortunate. He was runout because he was backing up and the ball brushed the bowler's fingers before crashing into the stumps. And could you blame him for backing up too far? Razzak had just been dropped, and Bashar was desperate to get to the striker's end!

If form doesn't desert Bashar he should stick around for another year at least. We need a calming influence. This team is young and talented and believes in itself. But with youth comes youthful exuberance which at times needs to be tamed and channeled in the right direction. In a year's time Shahriar Nafees will be ready to take over and serve as Bangladesh's skipper hopefully for a sustained period of time.
Old February 10, 2007, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Now that this series is finally over, We're all still waiting to watch some cricket. What's in our schedule now b4 the WC? Anything else coming up worth getting excited about (maybe with the possibility of being in TV)? Someone please advise.
Old February 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Default CricInfo updated images

Cricinfo updated their images section with ODI #4 pics. Was it telecasted?
Here're the pics.

Ed Rainsford celebrates Vusi Sibanda's sharp catch to remove Tamim Iqbal, Zimbabwe v Bangladesh, 4th ODI, Harare, February 10, 2007

Brendan Taylor drags on his pull

Elton Chigumbura launches one of his seven sixes

Shahadat Hossain roars an appeal
Old February 10, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Ahmed and Rahim took control and added 132 for the third wicket. Ahmed launched sixes off Ed Rainsford and Mpofu as the hundred arrived in the 18th over and his own half-century arrived off just 44 balls. He had a couple of close calls, dropped at long-on off a no-ball and almost run out when Friday Kasteni threw from short leg, but was set for a century until being cut off by a poor lbw decision which was too high.

i feel sad for aftab... he couldnt get this first century bcuz of that freaking umpire... donno who was that stupid umpire......
Old February 10, 2007, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

ok the series win in the end.... well done...

more warm up games at trinidad wud be gr8, i wish this series was played in trinidad....
Old February 10, 2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moula
atleast found one person who appreciates this win. alos first series win in a foreign land
Wat first series win ???? We have won before against Kenya in Kenya by
3-0 (Mashrafe was man of the series)and that was the first ever series win for Bangladesh overseas.
Old February 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Congratulation Bangladesh for wining the ODI series for second in a foreign soil .
Old February 10, 2007, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
Wat first series win ???? We have won before against Kenya in Kenya by
3-0 (Mashrafe was man of the series)and that was the first ever series win for Bangladesh overseas.
Correct. But this is the first overseas series win against a TEST PLAYING nation.
Old February 10, 2007, 08:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I personally found this series very entertaining......I never thought of ourselves as that much better than Zimbabwe esp in foreign soil. Alot of you guys had your hopes way too high in this series. The stats talk for themselves, we can thrash Zimbabwe in any spinners wickets (India [Champions trophy] or Bangladesh), but IMO we're equally matched in Zimbabwe
Old February 10, 2007, 08:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Amar arek khan kotha asilo. Although some wickets we lost today have been quite unfortunate (Aftab's LBW, Bashar's runout, and to some extent Tamim's catch [it was a difficult one]), look at the bowling figures of the Zimbos.

EC Rainsford 10 2 41 2 4.10 (2nb, 2w)
AJ Ireland 10 1 51 2 5.10 (3w)
CB Mpofu 10 1 52 3 5.20 (3w)
P Utseya 10 0 50 1 5.00
SC Williams 4 0 22 0 5.50
CJ Chibhabha 3.2 0 29 0 8.70 (2w)

I would say it's poor captaincy by Utseya that lost them the match. He used up his best bowling attack too early...and then had to rely on the two most expensive bowlers of the day. Oh well, now he may be singing - "ami phaissa gechi mainka chipay".
Old February 10, 2007, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Amar arek khan kotha asilo. Although some wickets we lost today have been quite unfortunate (Aftab's LBW, Bashar's runout, and to some extent Tamim's catch [it was a difficult one]), look at the bowling figures of the Zimbos.

EC Rainsford 10 2 41 2 4.10 (2nb, 2w)
AJ Ireland 10 1 51 2 5.10 (3w)
CB Mpofu 10 1 52 3 5.20 (3w)
P Utseya 10 0 50 1 5.00
SC Williams 4 0 22 0 5.50
CJ Chibhabha 3.2 0 29 0 8.70 (2w)

I would say it's poor captaincy by Utseya that lost them the match. He used up his best bowling attack too early...and then had to rely on the two most expensive bowlers of the day. Oh well, now he may be singing - "ami phaissa gechi mainka chipay".
I disagree that utseya's captaincy lost them the match. On the other hand it was his captaincy that got this match so close. If he did not bowl his best bowlers earlier bangladesh would presumably have cantered to an easy win. He tried to play aggressive and get bangladesh all out using the best he had and almost succeeded due our batters negligence. Kudos goes to Zimbabwe for trying so hard. And a thrashing is needed for our batters who made a simple task seem herculean.
Old February 11, 2007, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Expected Win. But the Thing is Bangladesh will have to face at least 5 times tougher situation than this match. Dont be Over Confident and Work Hard.

Congratulation and Good Luck.
Old February 11, 2007, 08:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Utseya was fined 40 percent of his Match fee for slow over rate

From ICC

Quote:
Utseya fined 40 per cent of match fee for ICC Code of Conduct breach

Captain of the Zimbabwe team Prosper Utseya has been fined 40 per cent of his match fee for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct during his country's fourth ODI against Bangladesh in Harare yesterday.
Utseya was found to have breached Level 2.11 of the ICC Code which relates to unfair play due to his side bowling its overs too slowly. The verdict was issued following a hearing conducted by ICC Match Referee Cyril Mitchley after play concluded on Wednesday.
The other players in the Zimbabwe team were each fined 20 per cent of their match fees for the same offence. It was found to have been four overs short of where it should have been.
"This was Prosper's first offence of this nature but he must be careful not to let it happen again. He has received a stern warning," said Mr Mitchley.
"Slow over rates are not fair to the opposition or the spectators and captains have a responsibility to ensure their players adhere to the regulations in that regard," he added.
The charge was brought by match umpires Kevan Barbour and Amish Saheba of the Emirates International Panel of ICC Umpires.
If a player is found guilty of a Level 2, 3 or 4 offence then he has a right of appeal. Such an appeal must be lodged in writing with the ICC's legal counsel within 24 hours of the player receiving the original verdict.
If an appeal is lodged then the player is able to play until it is heard.
Old February 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I disagree that utseya's captaincy lost them the match. On the other hand it was his captaincy that got this match so close. If he did not bowl his best bowlers earlier bangladesh would presumably have cantered to an easy win. He tried to play aggressive and get bangladesh all out using the best he had and almost succeeded due our batters negligence. Kudos goes to Zimbabwe for trying so hard. And a thrashing is needed for our batters who made a simple task seem herculean.
Exactly!!!
Old February 11, 2007, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

the guy who droped razzak's cacth lost the game for them...

at that time bd was 3 run short and 9 wkts down
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Im pretty sure we were 8 wkts down......Habib was out after that...
Old February 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yeah, i think bashar was run out the very next ball
Old February 11, 2007, 05:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Is this a record for the number of posts for a thread?
Old February 11, 2007, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizvi
Is this a record for the number of posts for a thread?
Not even close....
Old February 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

oh my bad but still if he had hold on to the catch and then bashar was out next ball so...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled