facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 3, 2006, 07:45 AM
Club Cricketer

...Ashraful and Ahmed are equally to blame for yesterday's loss, i mean they were scoring at a fast rate yesterday over 5 runs an over, all they needed to do was to bat through the innings and runs would have come eventually..sometimes its not about scoring fast but playing purposefully[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I said soon after Bangladesh innings. These players (ashraful and aftab ahmed) are no more youngsters despite their age. They are well experienced with so many matches under their belt and should be capable of carrying through an innings. It seems they just dont have that temperament or may be they are relieved with a 40 or 50 so that their places are secure for the next two series at least

Old August 3, 2006, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

[quote=kfiroozThis is exactly what I said soon after Bangladesh innings. These players (ashraful and aftab ahmed) are no more youngsters despite their age. They are well experienced with so many matches under their belt and should be capable of carrying through an innings. It seems they just dont have that temperament or may be they are relieved with a 40 or 50 so that their places are secure for the next two series at least[/quote]

You have to understand that both of got out not by playing any bad shot! Aftab was deceived by a slower delivery and Ash was caaught briliantly of that leg side flick. I was surprised by the innings of Ash. He looked much mature yesterday than most of his other outings.
Old August 3, 2006, 08:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
nothing to lose??? we have everything to lose if we lose the next game. if you are referring to the fact that we are already the worst team according to ICC then i guess you are right, we do have nothing to lose.
What I am saying is, if the selectors don't change their over conservative attitute and continue playing the same players, there is no way we will win any more games. ZIM will now go for the final kill. Now a days 230s in ODI doesn't buy you anything... not even against ZIM. The current 11 is incapable of scoring in the 270+ range....

Thats why I said, there is nothing to loose by selecting more agressive team, beacuse with the current 11 with loosing mentality and setting a target of 230+---- is already proven a loosing strategy. First 2 games, they had the wickets but never crossed the 250+ mark. ZIM is very much capable of scoring and chasing 250+.

Now what you do? Score again 230+ and satify with a honorable defeat? Or take risk and target for higher score with the risk we can be bundled out in the 180-200+ range?

Thats why I said, there is nothing to loose now to be more agrresive.
Old August 3, 2006, 08:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I have a good feeling about this... I think history will repeat itself... we came back against them in Bangladesh and we will do the same here... Sakib must play... he can do so many things... he will give you some decent overs plus a hard hitting batsman in the middle overs... Javed must sit...... Oh God, have mercy on us
Old August 3, 2006, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Hey guys, is a 5 ODI series? And how many tests?
Old August 3, 2006, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

most of our players are early 20's and they can't handle the pressure.
Old August 3, 2006, 09:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Playing JO everyday and we are not only playing with 10 players but also we are getting into extreme pressure at the very early of the game..And, I also hope Aftab start learning when to stop.He start blasting, that's great.But, he keep on doing that and getting himself out at a very good position.Nothing to say about Ash.World knows he is meritorious and he can perform cosistently, hope his bat knows that too!!I think Rajin should be sent at opening(of course in the place of JO) and Kapali/Saqib should be brought into the place of Bashar.Though Kapali is a good player too, I think Saqib deserves a chance and would get a good practice for the deciding 5th oneday too.We gonna make it (I am not sure if JO plays though)!So, my team -

Rajin
Nafees
Aftab
Ash
Farhad
Kapali/Saqib
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafi
Razzaque
Shahadat

Come on BD! Kick the hell out from Zimbos!
Old August 3, 2006, 09:58 AM
Club Cricketer

After defeats in 2 ODIs there is a lesson to be learnt: never underestimate your opponents. That's the problem I see with the team and the supporters. They are not taking Zim seriously enough. They are treating Zimbabwe like little children and in return they are the ones who are being treated like kids.
Just before the start of the series, most if not all were expecting 5-0 win by Bang and now all of a sudden you are looking at 3-2 win, that is if they win rest of the ODIs.
And learn to give credit where it is due. Zimbabwe played better and they won. Just my 2 cents.
Old August 3, 2006, 10:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by googo
After defeats in 2 ODIs there is a lesson to be learnt: never underestimate your opponents. That's the problem I see with the team and the supporters. They are not taking Zim seriously enough. They are treating Zimbabwe like little children and in return they are the ones who are being treated like kids.
Just before the start of the series, most if not all were expecting 5-0 win by Bang and now all of a sudden you are looking at 3-2 win, that is if they win rest of the ODIs.
And learn to give credit where it is due. Zimbabwe played better and they won. Just my 2 cents.
Of course Zim played better than us and they deserve full credit for coming back from behind so strongly in the both game they won...that's one place which really we gotta learn...cause that shows the maturity of the team..But, I still think we got a better side...Just most of our players are not clicking and we are making the same mistake everyday (like still keeping JO)...We are surely gonna come back..BD is definitely a better team and we gonna prove it!!
Old August 3, 2006, 10:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
Hey guys, is a 5 ODI series? And how many tests?
Seems like you have more interest in keeping ur mustache small than BD cricket Anyways, it's a 5 match oneday series and no tests.:p
Old August 3, 2006, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What I am saying is, if the selectors don't change their over conservative attitute and continue playing the same players, there is no way we will win any more games. ZIM will now go for the final kill. Now a days 230s in ODI doesn't buy you anything... not even against ZIM. The current 11 is incapable of scoring in the 270+ range....

Thats why I said, there is nothing to loose by selecting more agressive team, beacuse with the current 11 with loosing mentality and setting a target of 230+---- is already proven a loosing strategy. First 2 games, they had the wickets but never crossed the 250+ mark. ZIM is very much capable of scoring and chasing 250+.

Now what you do? Score again 230+ and satify with a honorable defeat? Or take risk and target for higher score with the risk we can be bundled out in the 180-200+ range?

Thats why I said, there is nothing to loose now to be more agrresive.

i completely agree with you actually. this was just my attempt to be whimsical. this 'shommanjonok porajoy' mentality has plagued us forever. there are certain cricketers in the side ( we all know who they are) are just not good enough to play against international teams. they have not significantly contributed to a single win yet, and are highly unlikely to have a significant impact in the future. its just puzzling to me, that when even any casual bangladesh cricket followers can identify these players, why is it so difficult for our '1 lakh a month' earning respected former cricketers/selectors to make such observations. maybe its just not a matter of selection, as it was plainly evident in chacha's case there is a whole lot involved in the selection process than merely merit.
Old August 3, 2006, 10:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

look the selectors have to beaten upside the skull to get anything done...

kapali has played matches against kenya and this series...exactly what has he done to be included?

look at the selectors BS. kapali has just one 50 against kenya and he's being considered...rajin had a 100 and was left out for J freakin O.

selectorial BS is pissing me the F off

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Lets stay calm.. there is nothing more dangerous than a calm tiger!
Old August 3, 2006, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
i am still optimistic. we can win this series. 2 match were close. my only fear will bd players be able to recover from this loss. specially mashrafee.
I am becoming pessimistic. and Zimb is so spirited that it will so tough game for us. Our players mental block will bring them down.
Old August 3, 2006, 02:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

I agree with Fazal.

Here is my team. I know it won't be selected but I am playing Dave here.

MR
SN
RS (0-4)
AA (0-3)
MA (0-3)
FR (6-10)
SH/AK (6-10)
KM
AR (10)
SR (10)
SH (10)

This would give us the option of 8 batsman and 8 bowlers.
Old August 3, 2006, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru

and what that option will do for us. even we play 100 batters we will be same and 100 bowlers still we will give away 100 runs in last 5 overs.
Old August 3, 2006, 06:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Default Do or DIe

Today’s match is very crucial for BD. DO or DIE. If BD gets defeat, Zimb will get the series and BD has nothing to worry about the last match. As a Fan, still I believe BD has the ability to win the two matches successively. But reality is that I am also little bit scared. Especially about BD’s bowling. Batsman can make 250 or 270---- but our bowlers can defend that?? Which two Bowlers will bowl for last 10 Overs?/? That is the million dollar question. To whom the Captain keeps faith?? Is anybody else in the BD team? I don’t know…
Old August 3, 2006, 06:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

bring it on. it will be the last match of this series for me if bd doesn't win it
Old August 3, 2006, 09:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Hope we win the toss tomorrow. Put em in first. Unleash Mashrafee and Shahadat first thing. I am sure they would be raring to go first thing in the morning. I would not like to see our bowlers wait till the second half of the day to go at them.
Old August 3, 2006, 09:36 PM
Club Cricketer

for live voice cricket disscussion visit banglarkotha.com a new voice chat room ....there we can talk!! we will get quick update!! we know each other...we will express our though..join cricket room of banglarkotha.com
Old August 3, 2006, 09:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

can't believe my eyes how could mash bowl west high full toss es one after another
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 3, 2006, 09:43 PM
Club Cricketer

for live voice cricket disscussion visit banglarkotha.com a new voice chat room ....there we can talk!! we will get quick update!! we know each other...we will express our though..join cricket room of banglarkotha.com
Old August 3, 2006, 09:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaadi123
We already got the post..plz don't spam!
Old August 3, 2006, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaadi123
why r u posting this again and again does it means that your voice chat will echo every voice????
hello Hello Hello Heeellllooooooooooooooooo
Old August 3, 2006, 10:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Oh I am feeling bad.. My head Where is the headon when u need it.... need to give a sick call tomrow... very sick ufffhhhhhh