facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2011, 05:35 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Default Nazmul success

Julien and me used to joke with Nazmul that he should 'get loose' every day and be ready to play. We did this because he was never going to get a game despite being our best bowler in every session we had.

Nazmul himself was the most 'warmed up' international bowler and he used to laugh about it. I recommended Nazmul every match and he only played on October 5th during my time (and the Pakistan warm up match at the WC). Both times he bowled really well when needed.

I said that Nazmul was the new Mash and nothing I have seen has changed my mind. This guy simply needed to play and be backed by the coaches and selectors. Unlike the majority of national bowlers he doesn't need much help or support - just backing.

He can also hit the ball a long way, as Julien will testify.

Old December 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Would you credit King Stuart for backing him in this Test then?
Old December 21, 2011, 05:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

that was a beautiful hit for from stepson
Old December 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Congratz to him ! he did an awesome job
Old December 21, 2011, 07:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

he should open with TI too
Old December 21, 2011, 07:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Thanks Ian Pont for opening this thread....

Please BCB, let Nazmul play all the matches....
Old December 21, 2011, 07:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

After watching him this Test match, he needs to be a regular for all matches. The guy might not be that pacy but who cares? He was giving the Pakistani batsmen a lot of trouble just by pitching deliveries on a good length and attacking the offstump regularly which our other pacers failed to do. Hopefully he becomes a regular from now on. Really happy for Nazmul and I'm sure he feels good as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 22, 2011, 01:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
to the current coaching staff for giving him this chance.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 22, 2011, 02:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
to the current coaching staff for giving him this chance.
The only reason Nazmul got a chance was because Shafi and Rubel are both unfit to play. If anything we should be giving them 'jutar bari' for not trying him out earlier in the series.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 22, 2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Of course, because Stuart and the selectors, plus captain would need to all be in agreement. However it looks like he got a match more as others may not have been fit.

I am disappointed it has taken so long for Nazmul to break back into the team but now he has done so, for whatever reason, I sincerely hope he stays there.
Old December 22, 2011, 03:10 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think Shahadat must be given due credit for being Nazmul's best buddy. I think Shahadat did more (in the test series) to ensure Nazmul's place in Test matches than anybody in the setup.

All those sweet grunts and short pitch deliveries at 120 kph from Shahadat had only one intention... it was to make his pal Nazmul irresistible to the selectors for next series.

So hats off to Shahadat for being such a good friend.
Old December 22, 2011, 03:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Default thankz

Thanks Mr Ian for opening this thread, you might remember i had asked you the quetion about nazmul just few days ago in the other thread, since you are a great bowling coach these days and you are certifing nazmul as a great bowler or a newest version of MASH and he has been agnored for atleast seven years, most of the time he is in the squad but they(BCB) dont play him in the final 11, they're plying some ordinary bowler. can you please tell me what is the main reasone for ignoring him ??? it is becouse the (BCB) dosent know about cricket or its becouse he has no uncle in selection panel or its a political issu? i am sorry to writing you so much be couse i am so mad at BCB, if we Vew the last three years records you will find he is the second best pace bowler right after MASH, in our current team acording the number of the match he played, but still been ignored ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Julien and me used to joke with Nazmul that he should 'get loose' every day and be ready to play. We did this because he was never going to get a game despite being our best bowler in every session we had.

Nazmul himself was the most 'warmed up' international bowler and he used to laugh about it. I recommended Nazmul every match and he only played on October 5th during my time (and the Pakistan warm up match at the WC). Both times he bowled really well when needed.

I said that Nazmul was the new Mash and nothing I have seen has changed my mind. This guy simply needed to play and be backed by the coaches and selectors. Unlike the majority of national bowlers he doesn't need much help or support - just backing.

He can also hit the ball a long way, as Julien will testify.
Old December 22, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

He has impressed me by far with his accuracy in the limited number of matches he's played. Hopefully he'll become a regular from now on.

Though I should say Shahadat is bowling trash and slower than Shakib, any idea as for why, coach?
Old December 22, 2011, 05:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

I don't if I'm the only one, but, Nazmul's action is just a beauty. He's one of those bowlers that you want to see again and again pretty much like Anderson, Amir.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 22, 2011, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

I been saying this for long time why Nazmul setting when he should be playing. Not only me I seen post from some other member of BC saying same.
Old December 22, 2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
He has impressed me by far with his accuracy in the limited number of matches he's played. Hopefully he'll become a regular from now on.

Though I should say Shahadat is bowling trash and slower than Shakib, any idea as for why, coach?
Rajib knows he needs to lock out his front leg when he bowls as it will assist him with stable hips and help him be consistent in accuracy.

I simply don't know what he is working on in practice so I cannot comment, but all we worked on while I was there was trying to lock out his front leg. When he did, he bowled quick and with good control. At WC nets every week, he was a handful for the batsmen and his pace was really explosive.

Rajib knows the answer himself. Whether he chooses to work on it, or is being encouraged to do so, is another thing altogether.
Old December 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

Not only it's his action (according to Ian) but his lack of fitness. I think he's a pothead. He starts huffing and puffing after just a few overs.

But I must say, Nazmul definitely impressed me, though it does not take too much to be impressive in this lame pace bowling attack, with his workhorse like attitude. He's been at his task during the whole match and on a pitch the one that he played, his type of bowling is definitely lethal. Since Shahadat is lacking the fitness and lost his pace, he should not put too much effort and stop grunting in bowling his hight 120s, rather slow down a bit like Nazmul and bowl low 120s but accuratley.
Old December 22, 2011, 11:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Agree with you. I was really surprised by his bowling. Excellent movement, and more often than not he kept to a good line. I think after Shakib, he was our best bowler.

We need to fix up these damn pitches. No team has ever succeeded with a below average pace, and excellent spin attack.

Our spin has developed to a standard level. We need to focus on the pace attack.

Not to mention if we don't learn how to bat on pace friendly pitches, we are absolutely ****ed for the next WC.
Old December 22, 2011, 01:40 PM
Street Cricketer

Question To MR IAN.
1. Sir ur very passionate abt bangladesh cricket and the team., sir can u talk to BCB officals and make ur point n views clearly so that they can re-think abt ur selection process or making an Business in bangladesh.. (or atleast in BCB under 19 or Academy's).
2.Sir BCB is making a huge Event like BPL T20. ( There is so much money envolve) Whats ur view envlove abt bangladesh future n improvement n Dig up bangladesh talent as they get to perform by some of the big players around the world.
3. i wish u get the bowling coach or any supportin staff in one of the bangladesh t20 leauge team.
4.As u have given chance to Rasel, Any other players in ur mind in near future that they make into English COunty.??
5.Sir i wish u buy some land any Open a Bowling Academy.. Bangladesh Ppl Are Very Much Crazy abt u Lyk How Indian(my Country) are running MRF FOundation in Banglore By Dennis Lille.. I Wish Even u Make an Impact This
6. I Seriously Wish that how u have taking active part in Bangladesh Cricket, I wish u still take more to ways to Make Things Possible in Bangladesh cricket..
Wish u good Luck sir. Thank Q
Old December 22, 2011, 01:41 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Ian Sir Plzzzzzzz Reply to this..

Question To MR IAN.
1. Sir ur very passionate abt bangladesh cricket and the team., sir can u talk to BCB officals and make ur point n views clearly so that they can re-think abt ur selection process or making an Business in bangladesh.. (or atleast in BCB under 19 or Academy's).
2.Sir BCB is making a huge Event like BPL T20. ( There is so much money envolve) Whats ur view envlove abt bangladesh future n improvement n Dig up bangladesh talent as they get to perform by some of the big players around the world.
3. i wish u get the bowling coach or any supportin staff in one of the bangladesh t20 leauge team.
4.As u have given chance to Rasel, Any other players in ur mind in near future that they make into English COunty.??
5.Sir i wish u buy some land any Open a Bowling Academy.. Bangladesh Ppl Are Very Much Crazy abt u Lyk How Indian(my Country) are running MRF FOundation in Banglore By Dennis Lille.. I Wish Even u Make an Impact This
6. I Seriously Wish that how u have taking active part in Bangladesh Cricket, I wish u still take more to ways to Make Things Possible in Bangladesh cricket..
Wish u good Luck sir. Thank Q
Old December 22, 2011, 01:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimSlog
I don't if I'm the only one, but, Nazmul's action is just a beauty. He's one of those bowlers that you want to see again and again pretty much like Anderson, Amir.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
More like Amir & Ntini.
Old December 22, 2011, 02:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I am happy with his performance..but still he has an opportunity to grow and flourish.
Old December 22, 2011, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
I am happy with his performance..but still he has an opportunity to grow and flourish.
I fully agree. By no means am I jumping up and down that he’s the next best thing or even the best of the current lot, to me he still seems mediocre, mostly due to not getting enough chances, and need to prove him self. But looks like someone who bowls within himself and knows his limitation. He also looks like a bowler who can bowl for a long time which is needed in our type of wickets.

But what I don’t understand is how Ian always says he can hit the ball really hard. Then why our selectors not include him in place of out of sort Farhad rezan in one-dayers. His bowling is crap and batting even crappier….Nazmul is a far better choice then.

Old December 22, 2011, 04:04 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Ian repeatedly praised Nazmul when he was the Bowling Coach, but the poor stepson never got an opportunity during or after his tenure. Now that he has shown what he can do, despite not being an express bowler, I hope that the darn selectors don't drop him again. He is the most accurate of our pace bowlers and has the most variations. Speed is important, but not the most important. Plus, he is fast enough. If he can work with Ian in the future, perhaps he can increase his speed also. Someone with such a smooth action should be able to ratchet it up, if coached properly.
Old December 22, 2011, 04:05 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

He reminded me of another bowler with a beautiful action. Michael Holding. (I know, I know. Too early to compare him with Holding, but his action is as beautiful.)