facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 18, 2011, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Default Don't Get Mad Baby’h

It looked like Shak wanted to hit Rahim with the bat lol. His angers are justified. He was easily on his way to 200!

Old December 18, 2011, 02:23 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Lol. Ei thandar modde o amar matha ta groom kore diche Mushy but can't do anything about it

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 18, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

lol! shakib will hate mushy for the rest of his life!
Old December 18, 2011, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Not only did he run him out, he got caught down the leg side right after. Double face palm.
Old December 19, 2011, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Shakib is definitely more expressive than any other cricket players I have seen for Bangladesh. I don't remember which game but in a one-day match backward point fielder was slow in returning the ball back to Shakib missing a run out and Shakib was so mad that he was going to throw the ball back at the fielder in anger.......not so captain like I would say if you cannot hold your emotion.
Old December 19, 2011, 01:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
It looked like Shak wanted to hit Rahim with the bat lol. His angers are justified. He was easily on his way to 200!
Yes, it was Mushy bad call and Shakib's ball watching, rather than diving and trying to save his own wicket.

But remember, Shak was on 144, not 194, as many of us is making of it.
Double century was looking bright and we all were hoping for it, but he was still far away from it.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 19, 2011, 01:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Yes, it was Mushy bad call and Shakib's ball watching, rather than diving and trying to save his own wicket.

But remember, Shak was on 144, not 194, as many of us is making of it.
Double century was looking bright and we all were hoping for it, but he was still far away from it.
a drive could not save shakib.in a close camera angle its clear shakib is long away from line.you may think line is close after see long camera angle.but in actual the line was so far even shakib drive he would still going to be out by in a big margin from the line.so pleas see close camera angle than comment. don't blame shakib for not driving.its entirely mushfiq fault to make shakib out.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 19, 2011, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Shakib is definitely more expressive than any other cricket players I have seen for Bangladesh. I don't remember which game but in a one-day match backward point fielder was slow in returning the ball back to Shakib missing a run out and Shakib was so mad that he was going to throw the ball back at the fielder in anger.......not so captain like I would say if you cannot hold your emotion.
I would prefer an expressive captain who is up for the task with a wining mentality and who performs day in and day out (Shakib) than a captain who is sloppy at the field, unable to take pressure and sometimes just brainless (Mushy/Ash). One of the attributes of a good captain is to force his team mates to give their 100% and that's what Shakib did. Nothing wrong with that.We don't need a "bhodro chhele' type captain who can't perform rather we need a captain who delivers when it matters. BTW though Shakib gets very restless and fails to control his emotions at times, he seems like a good guy who has good understanding with his team mates. All his team mates were always praising about him, no one complained so far. It's the media who is coming up with all those controversies.
Old December 19, 2011, 02:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I would prefer an expressive captain who is up for the task with a wining mentality and who performs day in and day out (Shakib) than a captain who is sloppy at the field, unable to take pressure and sometimes just brainless (Mushy/Ash). One of the attributes of a good captain is to force his team mates to give their 100% and that's what Shakib did. Nothing wrong with that.We don't need a "bhodro chhele' type captain who can't perform rather we need a captain who delivers when it matters. BTW though Shakib gets very restless and fails to control his emotions at times, he seems like a good guy who has good understanding with his team mates. All his team mates were always praising about him, no one complained so far. It's the media who is coming up with all those controversies.
top posts.an expressive performing hard working captain like shakib is 10 times batter than a lazy gentleman type player in the field who could not handle pressure like ash and mushy baba.
Old December 19, 2011, 02:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuridh
a drive could not save shakib.in a close camera angle its clear shakib is long away from line.you may think line is close after see long camera angle.but in actual the line was so far even shakib drive he would still going to be out by in a big margin from the line.so pleas see close camera angle than comment. don't blame shakib for not driving.its entirely mushfiq fault to make shakib out.

How can he drive without a bmw? j/k

Old December 19, 2011, 04:11 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Funny how people keep saying "Shakib should have dove." They showed the replay at least 15 times, and one would have to be blind to not see that Shakib was exactly in the middle of the pitch (little less or more) and how exactly one dive from the middle of the pitch? You dive only if you are couple feet away.

The only way he was going to be safe if the fielder missed the stumps. There was no run there. Shakib responded to his partner's dumb call. And totally ruined the test..
Old December 19, 2011, 04:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Funny how people keep saying "Shakib should have dove." They showed the replay at least 15 times, and one would have to be blind to not see that Shakib was exactly in the middle of the pitch (little less or more) and how exactly one dive from the middle of the pitch? You dive only if you are couple feet away.

The only way he was going to be safe if the fielder missed the stumps. There was no run there. Shakib responded to his partner's dumb call. And totally ruined the test..
Well some people take his superman nickname a bit literally and assume he can fly and run like a superman. Not their fault :P

Old December 19, 2011, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Well some people take his superman nickname a bit literally and assume he can fly and run like a superman. Not their fault :P

Well said
Old December 19, 2011, 07:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

mushy was probably feeling so guilty that it got to him and hence he lost his wicket!
Old December 19, 2011, 09:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

It is possible to "dive" from middle of the pitch to reach the crease on time but Shakib has to wear his underpants outside to be able to do that.
Old December 20, 2011, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDaMartian
It is possible to "dive" from middle of the pitch to reach the crease on time
WHAAT!?

(damn that 10 characters things totally ruined the tone of my post)
Old December 20, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I get it, it's a new thing you kids learned. "DIVE! DIVE!" But there was no need for a dive, because it was a hit or miss chance. It all depended on the throw. Batsmen usually just wait on their luck. So was Shakib. By the time he'd get ready to dive and fall on the ground, the ball would've hit the stumps.

Based on the popping crease (4 feet), he is about 9-10 feet away from the line. Watching the video, from the 2nd screenshot, it takes less than a sec for the ball to hit the stumps.
Old December 20, 2011, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
So would I. But all things being equal and in this case I mean a performing captain, an emotionally charged captain is less desirable in any sport. Emotion plays tricks with ones head.
Old December 20, 2011, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
So would I. But all things being equal and in this case I mean a performing captain, an emotionally charged captain is less desirable in any sport. Emotion plays tricks with ones head.
Yes an Ideal captain should have that attribute. But do we have the luxury of a pool of consistent and emotionally controlled players?? or do we even have consistent players?? NO !! So we are getting one at the cost of other and I would prefer Shakib with all his attitudes any day. He speaks his mind and lacks the ability to give politically correct answer. That's fine with me as long as he is honest, which he is. Talking about the relationship with his team mates I think they have very good understandings among themselves. I can bring in 100 pictures where Shakib was having fun with his team mates and that did not include only his BKSP mates. Whenever he reaches a feat all his team mates are all over him which pretty much tells you how happy and proud they feel for Shakib. This wouldn't have happened if they had issues with his over expressive attitude. He is a team player and mark my word he is going to be the Imran Khan of Bangladesh.
Old December 21, 2011, 10:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
WHAAT!?

(damn that 10 characters things totally ruined the tone of my post)
You missed the 'underpants' part. Who wears underpants outside? Super Heroes!! Diving, blast the ball to moon and bring back...everything is possible
Old December 21, 2011, 10:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDaMartian
It is possible to "dive" from middle of the pitch to reach the crease on time but Shakib has to wear his underpants outside to be able to do that.
Old December 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'd suggest you visit my profile and hear what the pro has to say about this.

Amateurs.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)