facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2010, 01:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

C"mon guys, I'm not a big fan of Shamim Chowdhury either, but calling him a Kufa, Rajakar is taking it to the extreme.

I'm sure he loves this country as much as you and me and he is doing a decent enough job representing!!

Till we have guys coming up the ranks to speak up in that commie box, we should be glad that there is atleast someone from Bangladesh, atleast I am. I dont mind Atahar's commentary to be honest.

They are certainly way better than those Kiwi commies, seriously. I have had watched a match a little bit, and my god, i would throw up if i could hearing those guys barking like mindless idiots.
They beat those Zimbabwean commentators by miles when it comes to awful oneway biased commentating.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old February 18, 2010, 02:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

This thread is an EPIC FAIL.
Old February 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
Shamim's job in the commentary box is not to shower our cricketers with praise neither is it to defend their actions. As far as I can see he has done a fine job. Athar is a terrible commentator and Shamim definitely is more eloquent and also he says it like he sees it. If calling a spade a spade is a crime, then he is guilty as charged. I would also like to hear some specific instances which you are complaining about.
Agree wholeheartedly, Shamim calls a spade a spade. He is not there to praise all the time, I heard him saying that BD did well in the first innings, but in the second innings, they batted like schoolboys. Indeed, they did. Tamim loves to slug, does not show any respect to bowlers, especially one like Vettori, his brains dont react to tell him that an experienced bowler like Vettori will set the trap for him, and of course, because he is too immature to see it, falls into it.
I felt that Imrul should have shouted to Zunaid to look upwards as the ball was falling, no sort of communication, even Vettori was telling him something.
Aftab had a brain seizure to go for the run, does not know how to slide into the wicket.
Ashraful did not see the quicker ball coming from Vettori, maybe it was payback for catching him.
I can forgive Imrul and Zunaid, very unlucky, so therefore, it was New Zealand's luck.
These boys were under a great dea of pressure from the beginning, Vettori applied the screws with 8 fielders around the batsman.
Imrul, I felt was the best, at least he stayed for a while and punished the bad balls.
Wonder what Sakib will do now, he is not yet off the mark, but showed great restraint to stay at the crease.
Now, Shamim remarks on the merits, he has to commentate exactly as he sees it.
Old February 18, 2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Shamim is my ideal
shamim is my fav commentator
shamim is everything
shamim is a piece of Bangladesh
shamim is mujib's sopno of commentary
shamim is the great shamim
Old February 18, 2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

I want shamim international airport
Old February 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

u guys don't get it. his english is better than ather and mine... but what he says is so obvious... yes he says bad as bad which every one says. but he never says when a batsman should play aggressive. to him they should always play on the ground. and can't pick the small things cause he never played cricket so he can't tell why player would/should counter attack. he always says oh batsman shouldn't come down like this or that but when the batter hits 4 he claps...

bottom line he doesn't say anything that those who have played the game doesn't know already. he has no clue whats going on on the field etc.. and hence i hate him... even hasha bogle never played cricket but he brings out interesting topics all the time and asks the fellow commentators about stuff.

He has no clue what the bowler is trying to do or batsmen is trying to counter. he just says the ball swang away... he couldn't connect... ball went to thrid man region...

AT the end this time he was much better than any other time... but still for me he is a boring commentator...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 18, 2010, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

well shamim is from yorkshire....so maybe that explains some of his idiosyncracies.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 18, 2010, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

The commentators were commenting on the increase in crowd today compared to previous days and the camera man shot at this lady sun bathing in a bikini..

Shamim : ''I like the look of those..''
Ian Smith: STUNNED

lol legendary
Old February 18, 2010, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
The commentators were commenting on the increase in crowd today compared to previous days and the camera man shot at this lady sun bathing in a bikini..

lol legendary
I'm sure you liked it too. If not, what is wrong with you dude?
Old February 18, 2010, 11:00 PM
Cricket Savant

assuming he doesn't live in alternate reality. ^

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 18, 2010, 11:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Quote:

lol legendary
I have noticed that as well. he always gets excited when he sees ladies in the stadium.

He looked retarted when he said that
Old February 18, 2010, 11:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

lol legendary

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! I was laughing sooooo hard...so was Shamim mia IAN was stunned + laughing too and was saying tsk tsk Shamim...

As for his commentary, I dont mind. time to time it gets on my nerve, but I like the fact somebody from BD is representing us. Also sometime he does provide good points, like he said Shahadat will not bowl well before the game started even in bowling environment as he will be too charged up - Shamim mia was rite on money.
Old February 18, 2010, 11:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Here is why Shamim stupid should be removed:

1. No cricket sense, when Imrul Kayes was out, he was saying it is a school boyish..but the stupid should know Imrul Kayes is a new guy, he just mis-judged one ball due to inexperience, he didn't throw his wicket

2. When Shaqib was hitting fours, the stupid was saying that in test cricket, you should score with single but not with 4. In fact, he was saying opposite. In test cricket, you should wait for bad ball and hit 4. In ODI, you need to know how to rotate strike with single

3. When MahmudUllah and Shaqib was hitting, the stupid didn't have any idea that they were playing calculative hitting. EVen Shakib covered the complete 2nd innings Mushfiq from Vettori since Mushfiq was not able to play Vettori. The stupid didn't notice that and he was a complete prasie of Mushfiq compared to Shakib and Riyad. The stpuid was finding Shakib/Riyad hitting same as AFtab/Ashraful

4. Every now and then he was asking BD player to learn from NZ, in fact, people should have slight self-respect

5. When MahmudUllah first came, his comment as if he doesn't know the chap, He was saying quite opposite to NZ commentator, I w'd say he should learn from NZ commentators

6. In 3rd ODI, when Nayeem came, he was introducing him to the commentators that he's known as 'chakka nayeem' with big proud smile when Nayeem was not able to hit in 2 previous ODI and T-20. Even NZ hitting was way better than our 'chakka nayyem. This guy has such a poor common sense..
Old February 18, 2010, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

His Bangla commentary is better, but then again it might be because his competitors there are absolute jokers.

Anyways, he does seem to suffer due to not ever having played the game. Not everyone can be Harsha Bhogle.
Old February 18, 2010, 11:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Here is why Shamim stupid should be removed:

1. No cricket sense, when Imrul Kayes was out, he was saying it is a school boyish..but the stupid should know Imrul Kayes is a new guy, he just mis-judged one ball due to inexperience, he didn't throw his wicket

2. When Shaqib was hitting fours, the stupid was saying that in test cricket, you should score with single but not with 4. In fact, he was saying opposite. In test cricket, you should wait for bad ball and hit 4. In ODI, you need to know how to rotate strike with single

3. When MahmudUllah and Shaqib was hitting, the stupid didn't have any idea that they were playing calculative hitting. EVen Shakib covered the complete 2nd innings Mushfiq from Vettori since Mushfiq was not able to play Vettori. The stupid didn't notice that and he was a complete prasie of Mushfiq compared to Shakib and Riyad. The stpuid was finding Shakib/Riyad hitting same as AFtab/Ashraful

4. Every now and then he was asking BD player to learn from NZ, in fact, people should have slight self-respect

5. When MahmudUllah first came, his comment as if he doesn't know the chap, He was saying quite opposite to NZ commentator, I w'd say he should learn from NZ commentators

6. In 3rd ODI, when Nayeem came, he was introducing him to the commentators that he's known as 'chakka nayeem' with big proud smile when Nayeem was not able to hit in 2 previous ODI and T-20. Even NZ hitting was way better than our 'chakka nayyem. This guy has such a poor common sense..
Old February 19, 2010, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

I will take this as a joke thread...he is our best commentator...so lets enjoy that aspect of our game...soon we will have our own umpires...
Old February 19, 2010, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniksh1
soon we will have our own umpires...
Umm...we actually already do.
Old February 19, 2010, 02:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

ohh my allah he is one of the biggest shame for bangladesh cricket when he said in day 5 that lots of people coming of in grounds to see the ,match and than when he saw girl with little bit short cloth and than he said ohh we like to see that too. ohh my allah and than right way ian smith like ohh my goodness he couldnt belave that .people watching in newzeland will be really mad whoever watching with their family.this is just embrass as bangladesh commentator . i wonder how they didnt get athar ali khan instead of this guy.
Old February 19, 2010, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahidus200
ohh my allah he is one of the biggest shame for bangladesh cricket when he said in day 5 that lots of people coming of in grounds to see the ,match and than when he saw girl with little bit short cloth and than he said ohh we like to see that too. ohh my allah and than right way ian smith like ohh my goodness he couldnt belave that .people watching in newzeland will be really mad whoever watching with their family.this is just embrass as bangladesh commentator . i wonder how they didnt get athar ali khan instead of this guy.
Hope his wife heared it...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 19, 2010, 03:07 AM
Club Cricketer

"I will take this as a joke thread...he is our best commentator...so lets enjoy that aspect of our game...soon we will have our own umpires..." - If you have none better that this, we should stop sending commentator. Nothing is always better than sending a stupid
Old February 19, 2010, 03:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Hope his wife heared it...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
you bro just belaeve me that moment i just stunt what he did he just said. as bengali i feel so embrassed for that moment truely .
Old February 19, 2010, 04:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I found his leering and possibly more than just a little buzzed comments on a scantily clad female sunbather's body part offensive and embarrassing. Ata doesn't speak grammatically English but he does. Neither know anything about solid ball-by-ball commentary or have anything originally interesting to say.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 19, 2010, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasi90lkv1
is it possible to make a petition and submit it to the proper authority?
what the h*ll is this? First Bash ashraful, then bash ICL players and now we are beind Shamim C. a** as well ... do you guys even like anything we have in our small country? We are like some drama queen's, everything has an issue or we make it into some sorte of an issue ...

to the person who even opened this thread --> do you want to take his job and do you have a better accent and better knowledge about cricket then Mr. Shamim? Why don't you send your cv to BCB and let's see how much of a chance you have on getting hired
0_o'
Old February 19, 2010, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I don't understand what wrong he has done.. to me he is doing really fine there. come on guys !!
Old February 19, 2010, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:

lol legendary
Nope he said ''good to see those too/two''