facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 12, 2016, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Dude, if you're salty because you got perma banned for making a crude joke then I'm sorry, there's not much anyone can do to help you. It wasn't even a good joke to begin with. SHould you have been Perma banned? Probably not. But the mods had a discussion and majority of the mods felt you deserved a second chance for that lame crude joke. No need to be so salty dude. People are mostly busy these days. Who has time to follow how Feza is lighting up the domestic scene when there is no international tour.

It's a G rating forum man. Just use commonsense and less dirty jokes and you'll be good. But if you can't follow that, then there's probably a strong chance you may get a warning or even a ban
lol ru tryna have a dig at me for one crude joke and it not being that great. See thats the problem. I never posted in a bad manner back then and i still haven't. But you make one bad post and poof your banned and poof thats it. You have to realise that certain posters will mature over time but just banning them over one or maybe two crude jokes means your losing out on a insight about bangladesh cricket from another member. When really the solution to that crude post or whatever is just to delete the post not the member !!!!

On top of that many other posters have posted similar remarks without getting a ban. There was never any consistency in moderating ever because somehow certain members (i wont mention their name cos its unfair to drag em into this) basically did a similar if not worse thing than another poster but for some reason the other poster gets banned.

But i think your not getting the point. There is so much potential for this forum but now it seems its reason for the decline is due to older members not coming on. Where are the current admins to fix this problem? All vanished? Then give the reigns to the youth, change up BC and make it great again. It feels like current mods would make poor entrepreneurs. If people dont visit your shop like they used to you get with the times, change it up a bit, do something different and attract new customers. That or you look into marketing and really try and make yourself known in social media to get peoples attention.

I dont see the point of arguing with mods rn because they are a group who are staunch about everything being perfect and great and are content with how BC is run currently. So anything i say that hurts them a little bit it will trigger the same response from every mod. Instead we are not coming together to admit yes user activity is very poor these days lets collectively do something about it because we want it to be great like the old days. And on top of that Bangladesh cricket right now is the best it has ever been and BC should really bring together all those fans especially young fans of Bangladesh cricket together to talk and analyse the Bangladesh cricket team.

Old December 12, 2016, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It seems the Ban of firstlane did upset other members such as NaimulHD bhai.. i am quoting Z bhai's response to the matter in February of 2014. More to follow as I dig deeper into the case.

Posted by: Zunaid

Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
He was banned along with Firstlane for the same reason. Firstlane is still banned but Dillu somehow managed to get unbanned.

How do you know? Were you there when the bannable infractions occurred? Mods don't really want to ban anyone - except for the spammers and trolls but often to their sorrow some members cross the well defined line. It takes a lot and it takes some doing and we have shared in the past what can cause you to get banned for good.
My pm to Zunaid regarding firstlane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Kamon achen boss,

BC has been a battlefield lately so i'm calling for peace. Everyone seems to get banned so i'm speaking out for them (firstlane, Naimul and others). The BPL fixing thread has been intense over the past week. What makes it interesting is Ian Pont's input into the situation.

Ever since reports came out about Ian's alledged involvement in match fixing a few members spoke out about it. I think members have a right to voice their opinion about news. This is where things change. On the forum their were imo 3 people that obviously had a huge say in this - Dilscoop, Firstlane and Ian Pont. Before we get into this i'm just making it clear that i'm stating visible facts and going by facts, i'm not going to be biased about anything.

Lets start with Dilscoop's reaction in the fixing thead.

Quote:
I just love he brags about his MLB "credentials" on that article. I bet he just randomly threw it in there during the interview.

He is always saying how he pitched at 100MPH and was offered a minor league contract but turned it down. Either he's a big lier or he's major fool to turn down a major league contract to be in cricket
Clearly a direct insult towards Ian. A clear reaction to the reports of Pont involved in match fixing.

This is what Firstlane bhai said.

Quote:
He also brags about once being the coach of Dale Steyn. I asked him in the forum once when did he coach Steyn, for how long and at what stage of Steyn's career. He didn't reply me.
Maybe along the lines with what Dilscoop said but nothing harsh. Realistically Ian does brag about it and obviously no malice was intended from Firstlane. Just stating facts.

Yeah Firstlane bhai and Ian Pont said more stuff. I just don't think Firstlane bhai getting banned and Ian Pont/Dilscoop still being active has been fair. FIrstlane bhai obviously engaged in his opinion due to the reports. Reading the forum rules for the first time this caught my eye.

Quote:
Repeatedly engaging in personal attacks
Did people not see what Pont said. He pm'd Firstlane bhai saying things like taking him to court. Is this the way to react? Isn't Firstlane bhai getting attacked as well? I dont think things are being treated fairly because their seems to be a safeguard around Ian Pont/Dilscoop and Firstlane bhai seems to have been the scapegoat.

And your response has been interesting.

Quote:
You did not voice an opinion. You called someone a liar when there's ample 3rd party corroboration against your allegation. Yes, allegations and not opinion. Now you know whati think. I don't mince my words.
I remember a while back you said Ian Pont will be treated as a regular member like the rest of us. I like Ian's insightful posts about cricket. I don't have an issue about him. But i do know about his "LBW" account and what he said. And to me that clearly broke forum rules. I don't think Ian has reacted the way he should and has taken things overboard on a fan forum. Firstlane might have kinda done things wrong as well but i don't think it warrants him getting a life ban. I can almost see a soft spot for Ian Pont amongst the mods.

I'm just here for clarification. Why did Firstlane bhai get banned? He told me that there were "question marks" to explain why he got banned. What does that mean? In my opinion either Dilscoop, Ian Pont, Firstlane should all get banned together or all of them should stay active on BC. Firstlane doesn't deserve this.

Just from a 3rd person viewpoint. I'll be surprised if i get banned as well for having a say about this.

BP.
This was Zunaid's response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Thanks for the note. They banned people will be unbanned soon. They have had multiple violations that added up - it's not one post only. And we have removed the more egregious posts so you do not see them. I hate to see what is happening to BC - and so many months of no cricket will probably make it worse? I don;t think Naimul is banned - I thought he was taking a break from BC.
Anyway - I appreciate you writing the note. If only people realized we are all people and did what you did, we will all get along.

Thanks
This was Firstlane's convo with Pont

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Pont: May I suggest you are extremely careful about what you say about people on the internet especially any comments about character, person or intention that can be viewed as litigious and slanderous.

I have read your vitriol on this site before and in particular on the thread about the BPL fixing scandal.

Comments are being monitored and action may be taken.

Your comments against me are baseless and I wanted to give you this one last chance to stop making slanderous claims.

Firstlane: If any of my comments go against the law you are welcome to go ahead and take legal action but if you think you can intimidate me from raising my voice against your constant manipulation of stats and facts, you are stepping on the wrong foot.

Next time don't dare to send me a creepy message. Go and talk to the mods if you do care about rules and regulation.
Just read the slander laws in your country chum. You cannot make claims about me and defame my character on a public forum.

Pont: BanglaCricket Web site isn't liable for postings from individuals so it is not a matter for them to block your comments.

I take note you wish me to go ahead with action against you. Regardless of what you think I have or haven't done you cannot defame my character.

I will be in contact very soon

Firstlane: I surely know little bit about law being a business student once. And I am more than aware that I haven't broken any law. Whenever I spoke against you, I have provided facts and it was always objective. All I ever tried to do is open you mask in front of everyone. So, stop your dirty little game of trying to scare me.

And are you saying anyone can say anything in BC forum and gets away with it? Mods don't do anything? I am sure when you lose in your dirty little game you will approach mods to protect yourself.

Feel free to contact me anytime as long as you don't bring out your fake claws and try to intimidate me. And please let me know which paper you are taking legal actions against for putting your name in next time you write to me.

Anyways i dont see the point in arguing about previous bans its not going to get us anywhere. But this funny ban on Firstlane meant we lost out on a real good poster in the forums.
Old December 12, 2016, 01:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

But in all seriousness, I think blaming the moderators for the lazy state of BC due to banning of some people is a really poor excuse. Yes there were some questionable bans but even with those people the forum would not have been full of life. It's just that old regular members have slowly moved on and there weren't enough new members to replace them. In the era of FB, where you can get latest cricket news and videos, what does BC has to offer? It can only offer stimulating discussions but most of our fan base are just happy with memes and tweets rather than actual cricket conversation.

Most of the regular members joined before the FB cricket page era. And some of us has stuck through it. Many has moved on with life and responsibilities. When I joined I was a stupid college kid with loads of time hand. Few years later I'm still a stupid guy with much less time on hand. I come to BC on a regular basis but just doesn't post.

And that is due to mostly the quality of threads. You guys complain and whine and b**ch about moderation and banning but never try to open engaging threads. All I see is complaining about BPL broadcast quality and pitches and this or what not.

I felt the same few years ago and I tried to do something about it. I contacted Athar Ali Khan and agreed him to do an exclusive interview for BC. I don't know AAK but got a hold of him. In fact I messaged many other players but no one responded as I don't have lot of credibility. In fact any recognition or credibility but I at least tried.

So instead of whining, create interesting conversations. Be critical of the game and write a piece with nuances such as how Tamim transformed his game, Riyad being better at hard pitches, Mushfiq and his habit of playing uppishly, or how Taskin can pitch it up in NZ to get more wickets instead of only short pitched deliveries.

Or be witty and create some fun threads. As much as I like to troll Zee at least he is a clever guy and creates some interesting conversations.

But all I see is complaining and whining. Okay so if you have any idea how to revamp the site, then create a thread and list your idea. I am sure people will volunteer and you can bring changes.
Old December 12, 2016, 01:42 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
My pm to Zunaid regarding firstlane.

Anyways i dont see the point in arguing about previous bans its not going to get us anywhere.
thanks for sharing your pm to Z bhai... So now you are saying there is no point discussing previous bans while all this time you are happily putting all the blame squarely on banning? Is it because you already made up your mind? I am confused!

In any case for the rest of the members i will continue to shed more light on it.

Pont being a professional coach and someone who was coaching the national team deserved a little bit more respect than what was given in my opinion. Whether he bragged about things he has done is not the issue.. the point remains that his professional insights were more valuable than any of our own insights on the team. He added a professional point of view and diversity to a group of arm chair experts like us. I would say some of the members and especially Firslane was instrumental in driving him away from this forum.

Firstlane is not a public figure. He is a person behind a forum nickname of whom we know nothing about. It is easy to log in as Jadukor and trash anybody because nobody knows Jadukor and it doesn''t affect my personal life or my job prospects. Ian Pont is a real person and whatever speculation we do here in the forum hurts a real person not just his online persona. It hurts his reputation and job prospects if the allegations are repeated over and over. Firstlane in that sense was relentless even though every effort was made to ask him not to provoke the matter further and he seriously got the forum almost into a litigation case. Whether the court case would be valid or not is a separate matter but to be dragged into something like that because i work voluntarily for a forum never sounded like a pleasing prospects. The rule is simple, if you want to get the entire Forum into trouble in order to service your own ego... you cant do it as a BC member. If you would really like to do it.. do it with your own real name and in person.
Old December 12, 2016, 02:26 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
3 people died, move on guys. seen worse in this messed up world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
very classy!! i didnt expect any better comment from you anyways given you have a gigantic hole in your brain.....evident by many of your other posts....

and i am gonna predict that you gonna go crazy over this post of mine, start cursing me and get banned....

not waiting for any reply.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
dude what is your problem seriously? do you get PMS everyday of the month or something?
if you got something against me, PM me instead of attacking me here. That's classy man.

since you have massive brain, shove it up your *** and rotate, wanker wannabe trader.
You guys remember the Boston Marathon Bombing? Deshprem posted the following on the 2nd page of that thread.

The conversation that followed led to deshprem's ban.
Old December 12, 2016, 08:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

What BC clearly needs is an instant 20 match ODI series against Ireland.
Old December 14, 2016, 12:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

What if...,
BC awarded a custom title to the member whose coverage was the most professional for the warmup games in Sydney. In a way of promoting the mantra of make Banglacricket get again.

These are the things that would pump up enthusiasm and interest in the promotion of a vibrant and colorful forum community.

Forum life wouldn't be as grey and black&white, or looking like the Halloween pumpkin that still haven't been picked up after halloween.

I must say that it is a privilege for anyone whose interest in Bangladesh cricket to see their team play live with hardly any media coverage...I would soak in that experience like paint on canvas...

(End of this 'What if')
Old December 16, 2016, 08:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
We sometimes forget that this is a private forum. There is no democracy here...this is not a site owned by the Gonoprojatonrri Bangladesh Sharkar, that we all have ownership or right to mold it anyway 'we' want to. Again, it is not anyone's right to be here, it is a privilege. Like BD-Shadrul once said, it is someone else' house, the mods are the custodians. And WE members get to post here with modesty and decency as welcomed guests. I must respect that.

And like I would tell myself, if I can't take the heat or the onion juice, I can always get the France out of the kitchen. I come here because we ain't got no kitchen all to myself. If someone else build a kitchen and I am invited to the curry, yes, I will go there. But until then, I stay here with my mouth shut and nose blocked.
And that's why people don't come to your house/kitchen because you're a horrible host/cook. They just walk by:
Currently Active Users: 229 (4 members and 225 guests)

That also illustrates why there's no urgency at the top to do anything about the underlined part as long as they have a high number on the red part.
Old December 17, 2016, 03:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Some forums limit non-members from just observing after a certain time limit (damn physics forums), so maybe the admins can implement one too.
Old December 17, 2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:

I dont see the point of arguing with mods rn because they are a group who are staunch about everything being perfect and great and are content with how BC is run currently. So anything i say that hurts them a little bit it will trigger the same response from every mod. Instead we are not coming together to admit yes user activity is very poor these days lets collectively do something about it because we want it to be great like the old days. And on top of that Bangladesh cricket right now is the best it has ever been and BC should really bring together all those fans especially young fans of Bangladesh cricket together to talk and analyse the Bangladesh cricket team.
Well, lets bring on the ideas, shall we?
Old December 17, 2016, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Some forums limit non-members from just observing after a certain time limit (damn physics forums), so maybe the admins can implement one too.
I like the idea. The system should somehow limit the view of the bc thread after certain amount of time or visiting certain amount of thread and enforce them by asking the visitiors to sign up.
Old December 19, 2016, 01:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

One of the biggest lessons I learned in life is that If you treat all people with respect and dignity, very likely you will get the same handed back to you for the most part.
Old December 19, 2016, 01:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

a lot of very unbanned prominent members don't post here as much anymore except in match thread or if Bangladesh wins the world cup or something
Old December 19, 2016, 05:54 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

8 years and 3 months....since I joined BC. How time flies
Old December 19, 2016, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Don't be sad bro. Take my congratulations for lasting so long when we have seen members dropping like flies.
Old December 19, 2016, 01:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Let's see:

8 Years (365Days/1Year) + 3Months(30Days/1Month)
~= 3010 Days

=> 47,740/ 3010
`= 15.86

One helluva ride brother
Old December 19, 2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Let's see:

8 Years (365Days/1Year) + 3Months(30Days/1Month)
~= 3010 Days

=> 47,740/ 3010
`= 15.86

One helluva ride brother
Haha, once upon a time, it was 40+ posts per day. Strike rate gone down with age
Old December 19, 2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Don't be sad bro. Take my congratulations for lasting so long when we have seen members dropping like flies.
Haha thanks.

Had to made a lot of effort tho. FYI, I was banned temporarily couple of times too early in my career due to violating the forums rules( Thanks to Rod Tucker).
Old December 19, 2016, 03:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Haha, once upon a time, it was 40+ posts per day. Strike rate gone down with age
Too much quality in those 47K posts...wasn't around for most of them...but you're a quality poster(in match threads of course )
...and that's coming from the heart.
Old December 19, 2016, 03:56 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
40+?? That's not a GOOD thing you spam artist lol.

Once upon a time I had you ignore-list. Only clicked your posts in MT when I needed links
Old December 19, 2016, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I remember, I used to go back and delete all my meaningless MT posts, just so my post count would stay low like the cool kids.
Old December 19, 2016, 04:10 PM

^Well done Dillu. You deserve a academic certificate from BC for being a "cool kid"
Old December 19, 2016, 04:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I'm not tho. I have 10K posts too many. "Cool kids" are at least 4-5 year members with less than 4.5k posts.
Old December 19, 2016, 05:05 PM

^you can do that. Go back to all the MT past few years Nd delete your own posts (thought you enjoy doing that). Easy lol
Old December 19, 2016, 06:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Pretty sure edit function disappears after a while. Not everyone here has a special "moderator" sticker that they can just go back and edit posts lol