facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 18, 2018, 10:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
You really don't want to sniff Muja though!
Eh? A different 'taste'?

Old April 18, 2018, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Eh? A different 'taste'?
Tiger Eye's nick is muja alright, but it has an interesting story, rumor.

The Auditor saab always wears same muja (socks) even during Arkansas summer, and it smells a lot. The rumor is even he when he wears sandals, he wears same muja. His sub-ordinates in the office nick named 'muja'.
Old April 20, 2018, 10:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

“Question everything,” Albert Einstein famously said. Personal creativity and organizational innovation rely on a willingness to seek out novel information. Questions and thoughtful answers foster smoother and more-effective interactions, they strengthen rapport and trust, and lead groups toward discovery.

Answering questions requires making a choice about where to fall on a continuum between privacy and transparency. Should we answer the question? If we answer, how forthcoming should we be? What should we do when asked a question that, if answered truthfully, might reveal a less-than-glamorous fact or put us in a disadvantaged strategic position? Each end of the spectrum—fully opaque and fully transparent—has benefits and pitfalls. Keeping information private can make us feel free to experiment and learn.

How often do we realize that we could have truly bonded with a colleague only after he or she has moved on to a new company? Why are better deals often uncovered after the ink has dried, the tension has broken, and negotiators begin to chat freely?
Old July 18, 2018, 08:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Does meat of Black goat taster different/better than regular goat meat?

White egg or brown egg, which one is better?
Old November 1, 2018, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Can anyone suggest me a reliable hajj/umrah agency in Dhaka, Bangladesh?

Basically what I need is simply the visa from them. As for accommodation, transport in the Kingdom, and air ticket - those I want to do myself.

Do you know of any operator who will simply process the visa for me with above conditions?
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 1, 2018, 05:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

Basically what I need is simply the visa from them. As for accommodation, transport in the Kingdom, and air ticket - those I want to do myself.

Do you know of any operator who will simply process the visa for me with above conditions?
Hajj/Umrah visa rules change quite frequently from my knowledge. Also for Hajj doesnt one need to have a Moallem (local Saudi)? I know many do Umrah by themselves from UK and USA requesting companies to get the visa for them but not sure for the rules of Hajj.

If you cant get answers in here I heard a facebook page called desperately seeking Dhaka could provide answers.
Old November 27, 2018, 02:23 PM
Cricket Savant

How to grow an IG meme page?

(Asking for a friend)
Old March 6, 2019, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Why (some) people are not happy with what they have?

Quote:
A billionaire diamond trader has died during a pen$$ enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his pen$$.
Old March 7, 2019, 09:49 PM
Cricket Savant

^^ too old for that ****
Old June 14, 2019, 12:31 AM
Cricket Sage

This goes for New Yorkers and surrounding people who frequent Jersey City a lot:

Can you please rate the Newark Ave restaurants? Which one is best for a family dinner? Is there any Halal joint you can recommend?
Old June 19, 2019, 09:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Kew answer korlo na
Old June 19, 2019, 11:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Kew answer korlo na

... may be because nobody goes there a lot.... not with family
Old June 19, 2019, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Kew answer korlo na
I have stopped answering as polapans dont have any simple courtesy or decency to acknowledge after answering their question. Although if I knew I would have answered yours as you seem to be a decent chap
Old June 19, 2019, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... may be because nobody goes there a lot.... not with family
I guess so. I heard a lot about this particular street (mostly from Indian colleagues) so I thought there will be few visitors already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I have stopped answering as polapans dont have any simple courtesy or decency to acknowledge after answering their question. Although if I knew I would have answered yours as you seem to be a decent chap
Thanks for your nice complement.
Old June 19, 2019, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I used to live in NJ until five years back but went to restaurants mostly in Edison, New Brunswick and Princeton area. Newark avenue was too crowded for me. I never ate there but ordered Hyderabadi Biryani from Paradise Biryani Pointe and Chinese food from Amin's a few times. Both are halaal. Amin's food is tasty but I've heard Paradise Pointe Biryani can be hit or miss these days. My colleagues said good things about Rasoi and Mirchi.
Old June 19, 2019, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Does meat of Black goat taster different/better than regular goat meat?

White egg or brown egg, which one is better?
White. Yolk tastes nicer hence the whole egg tastes better.
Old June 19, 2019, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

The agencies don't do the visa. The Saudi embassy do it for free but there are lengthy queues and thus these agencies go and do multiple visas at once. You are simply paying them for not going through the hassle.
Old June 19, 2019, 03:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
How to grow an IG meme page?

(Asking for a friend)
Post someone eating a frog.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 19, 2019, 04:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Since Fazal digged up this thread....
Yes, I have several nick names. Miju. Mujai, Zia etc.

Dear BK, I always smell good, and my Muja always smells good.
Old June 19, 2019, 09:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I used to live in NJ until five years back but went to restaurants mostly in Edison, New Brunswick and Princeton area. Newark avenue was too crowded for me. I never ate there but ordered Hyderabadi Biryani from Paradise Biryani Pointe and Chinese food from Amin's a few times. Both are halaal. Amin's food is tasty but I've heard Paradise Pointe Biryani can be hit or miss these days. My colleagues said good things about Rasoi and Mirchi.
Some relatives in Somerset makes me drive there 2/3 times a year. I never had a chance to explore that avenue. Once tried but was overwhelmed by the parking situation, as I was already too tired from driving back all the way from Ocean City.

Thanks for your response. Interestingly a Paradise BP branch is right here 15 min from my residence nearby UMASS Lowell campus. They are halaal and actually in the mosque one night Iftar/Dinner was arranged from there catering chicken biriani.

My relative was talking about some Halaal Thai place not sure if that is the same one you mentioned.

Last edited by One World; June 20, 2019 at 08:45 AM..
Old October 21, 2019, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

I am contemplating buying a ticket on Biman Banladesh Airlines This is will be my first time flying with Biman after 27 years. I vividly remember my first ever Biman flight when I was a kindergarten student. It was a DC-10, but what made the journey memorable was AC not functioning throughout the flight

The dilemma now is if I should directly purchase a business class ticket or if I should buy an economy class and then try for upgrade through OPTIONTOWN. Has anyone tried business class upgrade in Biman through optiontown? Do you save substantially? Is it hassle-free, especially money return if the upgrade does not happen?

Will appreciate any feedback

https://www.biman-airlines.com/flights/Optiontown
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 21, 2019, 01:03 PM
Cricket Sage

If you want to save money? Give some cash salami in the airport.

but, then there is some risk...
Old October 21, 2019, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am contemplating buying a ticket on Biman Banladesh Airlines This is will be my first time flying with Biman after 27 years. I vividly remember my first ever Biman flight when I was a kindergarten student. It was a DC-10, but what made the journey memorable was AC not functioning throughout the flight

The dilemma now is if I should directly purchase a business class ticket or if I should buy an economy class and then try for upgrade through OPTIONTOWN. Has anyone tried business class upgrade in Biman through optiontown? Do you save substantially? Is it hassle-free, especially money return if the upgrade does not happen?

Biman does not fly from US yet. US banned them for US airspace for flying old DC10's and Biman lost their landing permits. As Biman now use 777 and 787, this will change very soon.
What's the point of buying economy first and then upgrading to Business? Might as well buy Business in the first instance.
From my experience on the 777,Biman does not give you the option to choose a seat at all! Expect to get a random seat! IFE system is pretty pathetic with hardly and Hollywood /Bollywood movies. Food is decent, better than some budget airlines' offerings. Cutlery is still melamine and paper cups. Expect a guaranteed kacha morich!
In Business class, seats cannot be reclined fully like the flat beds on Etihad or Qatar. Seats are lumped in twos and there's no privacy between you and your neighbour. Food is better as you can choose from a wider variety.

Oh, and do take into account the 2 hour guaranteed delay to your flight during departure. If you see Moti Dulali, ask her wtf is she still doing as a cabin crew ?
Old October 21, 2019, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Biman does not fly from US yet. US banned them for US airspace for flying old DC10's and Biman lost their landing permits. As Biman now use 777 and 787, this will change very soon.
What's the point of buying economy first and then upgrading to Business? Might as well buy Business in the first instance.
From my experience on the 777,Biman does not give you the option to choose a seat at all! Expect to get a random seat! IFE system is pretty pathetic with hardly and Hollywood /Bollywood movies. Food is decent, better than some budget airlines' offerings. Cutlery is still melamine and paper cups. Expect a guaranteed kacha morich!
In Business class, seats cannot be reclined fully like the flat beds on Etihad or Qatar. Seats are lumped in twos and there's no privacy between you and your neighbour. Food is better as you can choose from a wider variety.

Oh, and do take into account the 2 hour guaranteed delay to your flight during departure. If you see Moti Dulali, ask her wtf is she still doing as a cabin crew ?
Old October 21, 2019, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara

Accurate description of Biman experience

Qatar Airways on business class gives you cashew nuts soon after you board. Biman business class gives you china-badam

Melamine cutlery looks low quality to be honest

787 business class seats become flatbad