facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you approve of Hathru 2.0?
Yes 17 54.84%
No 14 45.16%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30, 2016, 05:16 AM
Cricket Guru

^ Exactly, we can't dump all our player's technical flaws and issues on the coach, there is a reason why they hired someone to help out our batsmen.

Old November 30, 2016, 05:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
So the question is why wasn't Vaas hired, who has a better track record/experience as a coach over an unproven coach with a "legend" tag? .
Vaas decided to help out in his country instead
Old December 3, 2016, 09:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
^^ And may be DNC and Hillary weren't so clueless idiots and listened to other side and their concerns like Bernie, may be Hillary would've won.
It seems logic isn't your forte. That would've helped Hillary, not Trump.

Quote:
Like I said, feel free to read thru the thread and try to engage in a discussion or stop posting dumb and unrelated stuff here...
Your other posts don't absolve you. They instead make it worse. I wouldn't recommend others to read your posts if I were you.
Old December 3, 2016, 03:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
That is drastically different. If you consider Mushfiq alone can lose you games from winning situations.

As far as Hathuru is concerned.. I give him credit for bringing a disciplined attitude to training and bringing good work ethic/fitness. I give him credit for getting rid of infighting and politics and diva attitude among some players. He certainly refined our approach to cricket and instilled self belief.

Having said all that he is no Dumbledore that magically transformed our team. The defining moment was removing the hapless mushfiq from captaincy after 2014 and getting Heath Streak to improve our pace bowlers. Now with the talent we have, we will be a good side with or without Hathuru. I do not see individual skill improvement with Hathuru. Tamim Junaid improved under Siddons and Hathuru has had eons to work on Soumya and considerable time to work on Anamul. He has not improved the batting of anybody. Our tail end batting remains atrocious. The most worrying factor is his selection of certain players mentioned already in this thread. We beat England with practically 9 players.

Points Taken. marking this post after Hathuri is gone to see it's validity
Old December 29, 2016, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm glad we lost yesterday's game. With every flawed win comes more and more flawed and egotastic decisions. We shouldn't have won the England game with 9 players but we did. And that just blew everything up in his head.

If he spent any time at the domestic games, he'd have some knowledge about these players. And it'll stop him from blind and baseless selection, just by looking at what it says on the scout report. "Tanveer Haider - Leg Spin Allrounder" -- WOW 0.o bring him in! That's literally what happened because I don't think Hathuri is THAT dumb that he'd have picked him if he had seen him. Then again, he saw the practice match and enough of him in the nets. Just trying to justify his stupidity in the end by sticking with him. Same with Hom.

And don't worry, I already had this poll closed before the start of this series. This was always about his new role and new power, and never just about the results, even though results are a direct product of his new role and decision/blunders. I didn't want you to get swayed by the scoreboard either way and wanted your honest opinions.

Last edited by Dilscoop; December 30, 2016 at 03:12 AM..
Old December 29, 2016, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Take his selection powers away.

Either ask him to cut down his vacation time and make him spend time at the domestic circuit, if he wants to keep his new role. He can't be off to wherever the day after we end the series. Or ask him to give up the role on his own.

There was zero need for this change. He manipulated his way to all this power. Agreeing to give him this new role was Papon's biggest mistake. Now taking it away will only hurt Hathurusingha's ego. His ego has gotten humongous! So give him the option instead of out-right firing from the panel.

He's only hurting his own reputation and his own leash. Who knows about the big egos of our official suits. This only puts our cricket in jeopardy.

Last edited by Dilscoop; December 29, 2016 at 01:58 PM..
Old December 29, 2016, 01:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^I approved this post
Old December 29, 2016, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

We were very much in the game in 1st ODI. We were the better team for 3/4 of the 2nd game, should have won that.

First game, the fielding, bowling was poor. Batting was impressive, but its as if they were tonking away without victory in sight. Second game, everything fell in place-but that dreadful runout which proved to be the turning point, underperforming senior players, and this characteristic collapse mindset that has persisted for a while. Under pressure the middle order collapses like bowling pins, one knocking the other.

I would have selected Miraz and Rubel over Tanbir and Roy. But i doubt this would have made any game changing difference. What would have made a difference was knowing how to play under pressure, knowing to rotate strike, and standing up tall when your team needs you. For all that yes i think our coach will have to take the ultimate responsibility.

But at the same time, we are playing New Zealand in their own turf: without a doubt one of the toughest teams to beat at home. Our expectation is so lofty these days (Hence why our subcontinental brothers love having a go at us on social media), nothing other than a win is cause for great distress. This is not wrong, but we must also learn to tone down our expectation. We wont have the same level of success away-especially in such conditions.

But constantly pinning blame for every defeat on a person who has done so much for our cricket with issues like Hom, Nasir, Al Amin, and his holidays is very much like some of our cheap Bangladeshi media desperate to sell their papers. We treated Whatmore and Siddons the same way in their final years.

I dont disagree on the selection gaffe. But there are other selectors too. Lets be more objective with the criticisms-and there are many reasons to be. And btw its not uncommon for head coaches to become part of selection panels. Its the sign of progress and development. Whatmore was a part of selection towards the end. Most top teams involve coach and captain. If we are so sure the dictatorial coach is calling all the shots, then the board must hold the other three selectors accountable to for listening and giving in to the coach.
Old December 29, 2016, 10:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

In the grander scheme of things, Not too many people will remember series loss/wins against NZ, but people will remember how Bangladesh does in major trophies such as Asia Cup, Champions Trophy, World cup etc...I think that is why Coach is doing so many experimenting now so build some bench strength as outside of the core 15, our bench strength is not really ready for international challenge. from that perspective i think this is why these things are happening.

BD dramatic collapse is not necessarily Haturi's fault...they have been happening since Day 1 under almost every coach...
Old December 30, 2016, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

But i hope he addresses these collapses. Because becoming too frequent.

Easier said than done. But a stronger mindset would have meant we could have won the England Test Series 2-0, and ODI's 2-1. It should have been 1-1 in the NZ ODI's
Old December 30, 2016, 03:11 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
BD dramatic collapse is not necessarily Haturi's fault...they have been happening since Day 1 under almost every coach...
Feel free to quote one post that blames the coach for the collapse. The loss was mainly on the players. But that still doesn't erase Hathurusingha's decisions. Some of you have been overlooking them since we win a couple in between his blunders. See, even when we lose you guys can't focus on this! So please stop the deflection about collapses and yorkers and etc; there are official players threads for that. Talk about Hathurusingha's role here only.

If Hathurusingha gets all the credit for the wins, people will also give him some of the blame when we lose. Don't be shocked by that. It's universal for coaches. Except these have merits, won't be swayed by what he's done in the past.

Quote:
But constantly pinning blame for every defeat on a person who has done so much for our cricket...
And there is the problem right there with these people. They've put him on a pedestal already. He can do no wrong. No matter what he does next, it cannot be questioned, "because he has done so much." It's becoming a mini cult.

It's no longer about Hom or Nasir, that list has grown all the way past etc, etc, Haider. You think other "selectors" will speak out against the Great Master Hathurusingha after what happened to Farque? Whether it's fear or blind admiration, such as the some of these forum members, they aren't speaking against the H anytime soon.

But I'd expect the Can-Do-No-Wrong Hathurusingha to know better than our homegrown bolod selectors and object to their stupidity, not the other way around.
Old December 30, 2016, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

I think you are underestimating our homegrown selectors, also involved are a BCB Director, and CO Chairman. You think 4 former skippers and legends would be bullied by one individual?
Old December 30, 2016, 03:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I think you are underestimating our homegrown selectors, also involved are a BCB Director, and CO Chairman. You think 4 former skippers and legends would be bullied by one individual?
So you think they had more say in this bastardized squad than Hathuri? Then I've already addressed this, go back to my OP and read what it says:

Quote:
The failure address and fix the blunders made over and over and then following it over to the next series suggests he needs to either speak out against it or he IS the problem
But highly doubt it. The way you people are on Hathuri's nuts over his semi-decent record, not hard to guess how they'd if they can kick out their best selector for him.
Old December 30, 2016, 03:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Semi decent record is a lot better than no record-maybe why a lot of ppl are willing to back him including players and board.

But yes, unless things improve those ppl wont back him anymore. I reckon things will improve. Never easy on away tours.
Old December 30, 2016, 03:51 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
ppl are willing to back him including players and board.
And why lot of us will call him out on it too.

Things don't have to improve. It HAS improved. Just need to stop chopping our own legs with some of these easy-fix things.