facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2013, 02:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib
Default # 3

An ODI team's success is more often than not defined by its first three batsmen. Not ours. Tamim remains the oppositions most prized scalp, especially in a big run chase. But we have come to rely on Shakib, Mushfiq and Nasir to bail us out of top order collapses with monotonous regularity.

During this series, Mominul has been tried at the all important #3 slot. He is one for the future and undoubtedly has a big future in our team. But the past two games made it clear, that Mominul is not quite ready for an ODI top order slot just yet. He has struggled to rotate the strike and hit boundaries on a featherbed surface. I would like to see a new #3 for the all-important decider. The temptation is to bring up Nasir, who has been Bangladesh's best batsman in this ODI series. But in case he falls early, our lower middle order will not have the wherewithal to resist an early collapse.

Maybe it's time to give Shamsur a go? He was the best Bangladeshi batsman during BPL, and showed enough skills and consistency to warrant prolonged selection. He might fail, but Shamsur and not Mominul is a viable candidate to succeed at #3.

What are your thoughts?

Old May 7, 2013, 04:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Anamul could've been the perfect #3, but selectors play him as a opener, which he's not.
Old May 7, 2013, 04:21 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

InshAllah Anamul can nail down one of the top order slots. In which case with one more position up for grabs, I would prefer to see Jahurul and Shamsur fight it. I would give both a good run at the position before moving on. Ashraful's run should be over. For whatever reason he just can't cut it in ODIs.
Old May 7, 2013, 06:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i'd try shamsur as 2nd opener in the 3rd ODI, anamul is a good top 3 prospect. for the future i'm looking at souyma, shuvagata in shorter formats higher up the order along with anamul.
Old May 7, 2013, 08:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Yeah I don't think Mominul is ODI material as of now, but its still early days for him.

I'd have Tamim and Ash to open with Anam as the first drop for the forseeable future. Not sure if Ash can hold the position down, but if not I'd like to try Soumya as I don't think Shamsur has the class for the highest level.

Mominul and Ash seem better suited for the Test side at the moment.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 8, 2013, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Anamul at 3. If not push Shakib to 3. As for opening I'd try Shamsu and If shak is at 3 push Bijoy to open. Ash in ODIs is a recipe for disaster.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Ash is horrible as opener and with TI constantly protecting him from new ball both falls to lower gear. I'd either return Ash at that slot or push Shakib up the order. Dunno about Shamsur....but surely he cannot be that stellar that Mominul's role is brought to question, which should be...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 8, 2013, 01:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Though he may be better suited for number 3, I'd persist with Enamul Haque Bijoy as opener while hoping he gets his footwork right pronto. He sees the ball early enough to move his feet as long as he works hard at it. Maybe he can drop down to 3 after a better opener emerges out of the pipeline. A lot of hope is being pitted on Soumya Sarkar but honestly, we have no idea whether he'll do better than guys with less ability like Omi, Mofees and Kopa. I won't comment on Sir batting in the top 3.

So with Bijoy opening with Tamim, I'd opt for Shakib at number 3. He has phenomenal hand-eye coordination and can rotate the strike with ease and consolidate when he wants to. Sir can play at number 4 until a better alternative emerges (perhaps a new and improved Riyad, Shubhagoto or Ratul if he manages to play at this level). I'll put Nasir at 5 asnd Mushfiq at 6. Rumman would be ideal candidate at number 7.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)