facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 30, 2011, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

ah fuzz! Just realized we won't get to see Shaoib Akhtar play Int cricket, everr again! NO! Stupid, stupid Pakistan! That's a bad way give him a send off.

Razzak bowled 2 overs, and batted at the bottom. Why the hell was he in the team for??

Old March 30, 2011, 05:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
ah fuzz! Just realized we won't get to see Shaoib Akhtar play Int cricket, everr again! NO! Stupid, stupid Pakistan! That's a bad way give him a send off.

Razzak bowled 2 overs, and batted at the bottom. Why the hell was he in the team for??
He might un-retire
Old March 30, 2011, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
He might un-retire
Nah, can't see him doing that. With Modi gone, he might play in the IPL.
Old March 30, 2011, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Thought this might be relevant to the thread:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	189834_856418299927_122611556_43687540_1888755_n.jpg
Views:	1735
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1190  
Old March 30, 2011, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Funny and sad.
Old March 30, 2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Thought this might be relevant to the thread:
Which school is this?
Old March 30, 2011, 11:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Asif bhai you can quench your ban thirst on me, if you promise to give me the name and numbers of those hot indian chicks.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 30, 2011, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
what has modi got to do with it ? and no he is not going to. modi is long gone from IPL, the player auctions are over and no pak players featured in it.
Old March 30, 2011, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
India jitle BD er ek dol lok khushi hoy, celebration kore. temni Pakistan jitleu BD er arek dol lok khushi hoy Celebration kore

BUT BD JITLE kee India ar Pakistan er lok khushi hoy ??? tara kee amader moto Celebration kore ???
Ami khushi hoi, amar ma ebong baba onek khushi hon.....taara Dhakai jonmechilen....khushi na hobar ki aache? Ma ebong Baba onek shomoy Bharot bonam Bangladesh kehla teo Bangladesh ke support kore.....shob shomoy bole.....agarota bangali khelche.....support toh korboi...
Old March 30, 2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Woo hoo.......3rd final for us....
Old March 31, 2011, 12:47 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
what has modi got to do with it ? and no he is not going to. modi is long gone from IPL, the player auctions are over and no pak players featured in it.
Shouldn't you be glad that I didn't say BCCI? ...
Old March 31, 2011, 12:59 AM
Cricket Legend

you can say whatever you want dilu, my happiness is not dependent on what you say.

I was just stating the facts. which in this case is that very few in India wanted to have pakistani players for IPL after 26/11 and especially after witnessing the way the masterminds of that event are being treated as heroes in pakistan (they are attending huge rallies in lahore and islamabad, attending dinner with pak PM) and the sham court case against them. one joke I heard sums up the general mood 'Indian team has succeeded in doing what what Indian intelligence could not, keep pakistanis out of mumbai'.
Old March 31, 2011, 01:34 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Considering how you are always complaining about this "issue", or how you are always bringing it up, out of no where, in middle of totally different conversations/threads or lately, how you are always being "sarcastic" about it, I think your happiness dependents a lot on it, very much so.

(Just a bit off topic, I've seen many many Indians do this. "26/11", WTH. This just pisses me off. No one keeps track of every single attack that goes on India (ignore my ignorance). And you can't just "Date Name" it like 9/11. This was probably no where as big of an "event" as 9/11. IDK whether you do it because it has 11 on it, or because you think it's kool, 'Americans are doing it, we must do it too' w/e it is. It is so not cool, don't. This is like saying Sir Md. Asraful.)

Now, I do not know whether those "attackers" are actually being celebrated or having dinners with PM (which I highly doubt it's true, because yesterday Indian PM was sitting right next to Pak's. And if it's true, I wouldn't have been on the same floor with him, if I were Ind PM). But this should have nothing to do with the players. (Not talking ANY sides whatsoever; I dislike support/dis-support Pak-Ind more or less equally. I was a hardcore Ind team fan before becoming very neutral at this). Sports suppose to bring people together. None of those Pakie players had nothing to do with it I am sure. But it is an INDIAN P.L., they can do w/e the hell the want. Auction or not auction any Pak players, it's all up to them. But before you turn this into an IPL thread, let me just say, lets not, please. Not interested, not a bit. I was talking about Shoaib and I would like to stay around that topic, if you don't mind.
Old March 31, 2011, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

who on earth is complaining about the issue ??
you made some meaningless statements and I corrected you on why they were meaningless.

look, I get it. Indians dying is not important to you. it is to us. what you think about it is least important. 26/11 is a million times more important to us than 9/11.

btw, you think an event that got 200 odd innocent people is 'kool' because it has a similar term like 9/11 ?? wow, you got some misplaced priorities.

Quote:
Now, I do not know whether those "attackers" are actually being celebrated or having dinners with PM (which I highly doubt it's true, because yesterday Indian PM was sitting right next to Pak's. And if it's true, I wouldn't have been on the same floor with him, if I were Ind PM). But this should have nothing to do with the players.
well, you are not the PM and a politician has to do many things others won't. the pak PM doesn't have any power anyway.
do google up hafeez md saeed, the mastermind of 26/11. he attended an iftaar party hosted by pak army which was also attended by gilani (or zardari, I forget which)
Quote:
I was talking about Shoaib and I would like to stay around that topic, if you don't mind.
you started the IPL talk einstein, I didn't.

as for sports bringing people together, that can't happen in a vacuum. every sphere of life is linked with politics, sports included. if people didn't link politics with sports, south africa would probably still be under apartheid.
Old March 31, 2011, 02:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I actually hated the sight of the Prime Ministers being cordial...I wanted them to have their own contest in the VVIP hospitality box, and beat each other black and blue. I hate the notion of all this love-love, when people in both countries feel the other is trying to annihilate them every other day of the week. I love India-Pakistan matches, a good chance to watch two arch rivals go at each other in a non-lethal manner...so stop with the exchange of commemorative plaques and civility.
Old March 31, 2011, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

poor old bookish manmohan singh didn't stand a chance against young and brash gilani if it came down to wrestling.
Old March 31, 2011, 02:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
poor old bookish manmohan singh didn't stand a chance against young and brash gilani if it came down to wrestling.
No one said it had to be a fair fight, I'm sure with it being in India, He had more minders, so he could have easily tagged in one of his bodyguards, and it would have been ON.
Old March 31, 2011, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
He will unretire within 10 minutes if Afridi is removed from captaincy.
Old April 3, 2011, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
do google up hafeez md saeed, the mastermind of 26/11. he attended an iftaar party hosted by pak army which was also attended by gilani (or zardari, I forget which)
Narendra Modi gave approval for the massacre of over a thousand Muslims in Gujurat, AFAIK he stills sits around with Indian govt figures and attends dinners and what not
Old April 3, 2011, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

even assuming you are 100% correct about the facts of the case (which you are not), so ?? why is this posted in an Ind V Pak thread ?
Old April 4, 2011, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
who on earth is complaining about the issue ??
you made some meaningless statements and I corrected you on why they were meaningless.
The "issue" I was talking about is you consistently trying to revive the image of BCCI around here. Forcing your opinion onto others while being very rude, and disrespectful. Like I said, "or how you are always bringing it up out of no where, in middle of totally different conversations/threads or lately, how you are always being "sarcastic" about it". May be I wasn't clear enough, so you mixed it up with something else. And that's why I said, "wouldn't you rather be happy that I said something "bad" about Modi, not BCCI"

Look, I admire and appreciate you effort, coming down here and speaking for your team and your board. I don't have that kind of energy to go to Indian Forums and talk about us among all the Indians. But sometimes you go way over the top, and you get very rude about it. You pretend like you know everything and everyone is just ****. Give your opinion and move on. You don't have to force them to believe in what you believe in. Just think of all the threads and discussion you had on BCCI, and read through them.

Quote:
look, I get it. Indians dying is not important to you. it is to us. what you think about it is least important. 26/11 is a million times more important to us than 9/11.

btw, you think an event that got 200 odd innocent people is 'kool' because it has a similar term like 9/11 ?? wow, you got some misplaced priorities.
WOW dude! I can't believe you interpreted my post into something like that! That is low. Only if you actually read my post and not confuse it with other things... I clearly said the EVENT itself, not what type of people died, or weather Indians are more less important than Americans. My point was about you guys calling it by a date, as if everyone knows about it. That's it. Why not call it Mumbai attack or where ever it was, so outsiders know what you are talking about. If Japan calls their tragic situation by the date, we all will be lost.

People are people, why does it matter what nations they are from! Their lives are all equal to me. Can't believe you actually think like that. That was very demeaning, even for you... Can't believe I am actually having this discussion... /end

And no I didn't start any talk on IPL. My discussion was on Akhtar, and where can we see him run again, and IPL just happened to be one of those possibilities. And you managed to see that as a IPL discussion.
Old April 4, 2011, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
even assuming you are 100% correct about the facts of the case (which you are not), so ?? why is this posted in an Ind V Pak thread ?

ok we can carry it over to Forget Cricket section; my post was just a reply to you mentioning Mhd Hafeez sitting around with GOP and the Mumbai attacks, which again doesnt haev anything to do with this game as well , does it ?
Old April 5, 2011, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

you have to try and actually READ the thread to understand that don't you ? I was explaining why pakistan and by extension pakistani players weren't exactly the flavour of the month and the franchises chose to stay away from recruiting them for IPL, even after they were featured in the IPL player auction. nothing the pakistani players have done has convinced people that they are anything different from the stereotype of the bigoted extremist, shahid afridi's latest comments for example.

dilu, most do know it by date, at least those who keep themselves informed. even outside India. you did understand after all didn't you ?
mumbai has had to bear the brunt of our loving neighbours in more than one occasion (1993 - 250 killed, 2003 - 50 killed, 2006 - 200 killed, 2008 - 160 killed in addition to smaller ones that killed a dozen people each) so calling it 'mumbai attacks' would be quite confusing.
you said shoaib might play in IPL and I pointed out he won't and why. so how am I 'guilty' of bringing in IPL ? if you expect people not to reply you might as well not post in a public forum.
Old April 5, 2011, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Some jokes doing the round online

Crack international batsman Misbah Ul Haq, reported missing these past few days has finally been discovered much to the relief of his family (only his wife) and friends (just his dog).

The famous Pakistani cricketer was last seen at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh on March 30. However, although the Pakistani team soon departed for home after a disappointing game, Misbah was nowhere to be seen.

A nationwide search for the player - helicopters, search dogs and ambulances were deployed 24/7 - was almost declared a failure when successive groundsmen at Mohali began to die of heart attacks, claiming they were seeing "ghosts at night who were blocking every ball to the relentless and unending sound of tuktuktuktuktuktuktuktuktuktuk"

Further inquiries lead to the clarification that the ghosts were in fact Misbah Ul Haq, who was on 88 off 2034 balls and determined to, at the very least, draw the game.

Meanwhile Indian bowler Sreesanth and Ashish Nehra were almost dead with exhaustion as they turned in to bowl the 2035th ball of the innings. The BCCI has issued a press release hoping that Sreesanth and Nehra would soon, in fact, really expire and relieve everyone else of the burden of their 'bowling'.

Worried Indian immigration official Ganpat Rai Tiwari has been stationed at the boundary line for the past 48 hours waiting for Misbah to vacate the crease. "Sirji kuch karo", he pleaded to the journalists nearby, "Yeh to ja nahi rahein hain, visa expire ho gaya, yeh meri naukri kha jayenege".

It is unclear when Misbah plans to vacate the crease, but the batsman promised all his fans and supporters that he was "determined to bring it home".
Old April 5, 2011, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Breaking News - Pakistani government declares 8th June 2013 a national holiday as scientists predict this to be the day Misbah surpasses Brian Lara's all time highest score.