facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 26, 2003, 10:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Day 1, 2nd Test at Peshawar

Few hours left for the start of the 1st Day of 2nd Test. I can't hold my excitments, hopefully we will do much better this time. Inshallah.

Lets see what comes in our way.

Hey don't forget to get into our new cool chat room.

Old August 27, 2003, 02:15 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Pretty good at lunch. 87/1

Join our chat at http://games.banglacricket.com/chat
Old August 27, 2003, 03:09 AM
Cricket Legend

This is a first - 2 Bangladeshis on 50 even, both fifties coming up in one over!!

Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
Javed Omar (RHB) 50 119 8 0 42.02 Striker
Habibul Bashar (RHB) 50 83 4 0 60.24 Non-striker

Old August 27, 2003, 07:04 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Hats off to the Bangladeshi batsmen

This is excellent stuff. 240/2 at close of day 1.
Message to the Bangladeshi players: We need to at least draw this test. Do not throw it away. Inshallah, you will prevail.
Old August 27, 2003, 07:07 AM
Forever Bangy

wow, batting wicket or not, i'm really happy with today. could you guys even imagine us being 2/240??!?! poor Habibul was unfortunate. 97. that's gotta hurt. but oh well Javed's on 96 so let's see if he can get his first test hundred. go golla.
Old August 27, 2003, 08:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

I would like to have R Tiffin as my tiffin. How come u give shuman lbw? From CI report it seems it was not obvious...hell!
Old August 27, 2003, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Unbelievable start! On the chat we were talking about needing to play 2 days on this batting wicket. Although I wasn't up for it, it was nice to see 2 Bangladeshi batsman on the 90s, together.

Bashar is just going out there and scoring like a run a machine - I think this time he showed even more caution than the last century and was at least out to a dubious lbw not a wild slash. He did have at least one life - how many total?

For Javed Omar critics, take that! Even if Javed scores once in a blue moon, when he does it is something special. Although he should have tried to get those last 4 runs so he could have slept without any butterflies.

And even Ashraful is announcing a return. I just hope we can last through day 2 wiothout a major collapse and continue to torture the Pakistani fielders.
Old August 27, 2003, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

oh, just realized they wen't on the nineties together - oh well slow start to my thinking process today...
Old August 27, 2003, 09:26 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I hope that the regret of Bashar's out in the 90s will give courage and strength to the whole Bangladesh team to force result of this test match into a DRAW
Old August 27, 2003, 10:09 AM
Club Cricketer

WOW!!! what a day for Bangladesh cricket. I just hope we can go onto post something around 500 as this will almost surely make sure we don't lose this game. I really think if we can avoid one of those patented collapses of ours, we can reach this total. Basically, I would be happy if we can bat the whole second day or until one hour into the 3rd session.

Our batting is finally coming around and if our debuatant pace bowler can impress, we have a good chance of drawing this game or even win it. Now I don't have to worry about BD posting a sub 200 total.

Man, just imagine if we also had Tapash or Monju for this game
Old August 27, 2003, 01:04 PM
Club Cricketer

I was amazed when I awoke this morning to find the score at 220-something for 2. Great patient work by the bats and yes, we should enjoy the moment. On the other hand, we do need to realize that there are 4 more days of cricket left and if the players do not remain on guard, all the hard work can go in vain. On this track, I think we need to make sure we score 400+ (preferably 450+) in the 1st innings to stand a good chance of averting defeat. We should also try to bat out the second day.
Old August 27, 2003, 11:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default How things have changed?!?!

For the better of course...not long ago we went into jubilation if we lasted three sessions...now a whole day is almost taken for granted and we are talking about scores of 500 and batting out 5-6 sessions...wowowoww! this is progress...GO TIGERS
Old August 27, 2003, 11:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default JAVED OMAR

it just dawned on me that Javed has batted out the whole day!!!! is this a first for a Bangladeshi opener?!?!?
He has played a pretty much chanceless innings. I hope he goes to get his maiden century and his maiden 150...i dare say no more....CONGRATULATIONS and BEST OF LUCK TIGER
Old August 27, 2003, 11:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Just a reminder for everyone - for ANY team, there will be ups and down. Just because we lasted the whole day today, it doesn't make us world class .. however (and here's my point), even if the teams fumbles and finishes by tea, it won't mean that the team sux. There is always a middle ground.

Hopefully, most people won't jump certain players (Shujon is an exception, he knows better and he should retire) for nt quiet making it. That does put added pressure on the players. I am not going to name any players because I don't want to jinx anyone.

Also, good to see that more people are showing renewed interest in our cricket. Let's hope the team continues their run. Our cricket could use a lot of support and not just when it's playing good.

(Shukher shomoikar bondhu - I think there is a name for 'em ... can anyone help ?)
Old August 27, 2003, 11:38 PM
Test Cricketer

fair weather friends?

Anyhow, I hope both Bellim and Ash do well today. I like this tactic of Dav's for the players to concentrate on individual performances. I think it has taken the pressure off them to think about winning so they can now concentrate on playing their own best game regardless of the outcome.
Old August 27, 2003, 11:42 PM
Club Cricketer

I think the term is band wagon fans