facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

So far they've secured some great umpires.

Old January 24, 2013, 05:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Former South African allrounder Mike Proctor, fellow countryman Rudi Koertzen and Zimbabwean Russell Tiffin were Thursday confirmed as match officials for Pakistan’s Twenty20 league.

Although all three have retired as top-level ICC (International Cricket Council) officials, their confirmation is the first sign of foreign participation in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) which starts from March 26.

“The PSL is pleased to announce that, apart from Pakistani umpires Aleem Dar and Asad Rauf, three other match officials Procter, Koertzen and Tiffin have confirmed their participation in the PSL 2013,” said a PCB release.
Rest of the story at

tribune.com.pk/story/498908/cricket-pcb-confirms-three-ex-icc-officials-for-psl/
Old January 24, 2013, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Not a fan of anything Paksitanian myself, but I must admit that they are approaching the whole thing very shrewdly. They're certainly not being nearly as incompetent as our lot. Most admirable part is that they're not making any stupid, over-hasty announcements. Our guys, for example, say Carl Hooper is interested in coaching Bangladesh, only for him to then turn around and say that he isn't. The PCB say that they have secured international match officials and then present statements from each one verifying that.

Got to hand it to them. Fewer schmucks running PCB than BCB. Just wish our guys could act professionally.
Old January 24, 2013, 10:34 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

things are looking good for the tournament but haven't read anything about the franchise owners

Who are buying the franchises for PSL?
Old January 24, 2013, 11:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Not a fan of anything Paksitanian myself, but I must admit that they are approaching the whole thing very shrewdly. They're certainly not being nearly as incompetent as our lot. Most admirable part is that they're not making any stupid, over-hasty announcements. Our guys, for example, say Carl Hooper is interested in coaching Bangladesh, only for him to then turn around and say that he isn't. The PCB say that they have secured international match officials and then present statements from each one verifying that.

Got to hand it to them. Fewer schmucks running PCB than BCB. Just wish our guys could act professionally.
Its possible that Zaka is a decent leader unlike Butt before him. It remains to be seen if Papon can do the same for us. If this BPL gets managed better, then we can say he did well considering how the PCB did all they could to sabatoge the BPL.

That being said, lets see if international umpires and players show up to the tournament. If not, then it will just be a Faysal Bank T20.

Also 2 million dollar insurance plans are a lot, and 100,000 dollar bases is a lot for a board that can't even give domestic players a raise. I doubt the franchises are giving the insurance policy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 27, 2013, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Wonder what would be the insurance amount if any such tournament were to take place in Afghanistan.
Old January 27, 2013, 06:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I'm confident that this tournament isn't happening...it will get stuck at some stage.
Old January 27, 2013, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Will bangla players be given a noc.
Old January 27, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
They aren't even asking for BD players, so they won't need a NOC...
Old January 28, 2013, 02:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
What about the Aussie players? Anyone interested in some adventure?
Old January 28, 2013, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Not sure cloak and dagger atm,tim may said NO.
Old January 30, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Pakistan Super League will have big names - Haroon Lorgat
" "I am quite astounded by the reception of broadcast interest and sponsors interest and by some good players.
"At this stage I am not at liberty to release names, but they are from across the globe." "
Old January 30, 2013, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

com on .. only a country like Pak can put a value to a players life and apparently its $2m. In other words, if the player dies of terrorist atrocity, his family will receive $2m, paid the insurance company? What if the insurance company goes bust - which is quite possible in a place like Pak.

The fact that they have to offer insurance to a player says it all about the country's security concerns. I hope BCB boycotts PSL.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Well they atleast found hard-hitting Scotland all-rounder Majid Haq who is interested to play PSL.
And I want to play there ...ha ha ha.May they be bought me..
Old January 30, 2013, 09:06 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

2m life insurance sounds so comforting. It's the same pleasant feeling when the flight crew tells you there is a life jacket under your seat with light bulbs.
Old January 30, 2013, 11:40 PM
Street Cricketer

@ all the concerned fans (sic)

PSL is happening and besides according to you guys your players wouldn't wanna be anywhere near the league so why worry about the insurance or life jackets with light bulbs
Old January 31, 2013, 06:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty

PSL is happening and besides according to you guys your players wouldn't wanna be anywhere near the league so why worry about the insurance or life jackets with light bulbs
lol nice troll post with me & you thing. You might find it hard to grasp, but we do have light skinned bros in there, and care safety of them as well. tbh I'm feeling comfortable with this life insurance policy PCB providing to play in PSL. I aint sure, this maybe better package than joining US troops to fight terrorist in Pakistan. I'm sure cricketers arround the world are willing take such lucrative job. If I had a chance, I would take it .
Old January 31, 2013, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty

This is a thread about discussing PSL, and that's what we're doing. It's not only about Bangladeshi players in the PSL. If you haven't noticed, its in the Internation Cricket section, and not Bangladesh Cricket one.
Old February 8, 2013, 11:19 AM
MLC World Series I

Looks like PSL is getting postponed
Old February 8, 2013, 11:50 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I'm confident that this tournament isn't happening...it will get stuck at some stage.
You were so right.

Old February 8, 2013, 12:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

They need more time to beg and plead. Not everyone is bcb that you can try to force.
PSL already failed before it started.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

This isn't just a postponement...its an indefinite one which means there are serious issues. I am sure no foreign players expressed support except for county 2nd XI guys and their equivalents in other countries. But even then, who would risk serious injury or death for just $50,000 dollars or so, and thats IF the PSL pays up. SLPL, BPL and IPL have payment issues, so its impossible to expect PSL to be on top of things.

This doesn't mean the PSL won't happen, but right now it looks likely that it will never get off the ground and even if it does will most likely fizzle out after the first season.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 9, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
You were so right.
Thanks .... that was quiet visible, given some of the problems are absolutely non negotiable.....
Old February 11, 2013, 12:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Poor Paikkas, they lost both aam and chala :P

Quote:
The sudden decision of the Pakistan Cricket Board to postpone it’s much-hyped Super League T20 has left many players, who were stopped from playing in the Bangladesh Premier League, disappointed and upset.

The PCB didn’t issue NOCs to around three dozen Pakistani players, many of them notable names, in January to play in the BPL after franchises brought them for handsome amounts in the players auction for the second edition of the BPL.

The PCB took its stand in apparent retaliation to the refusal of the Bangladesh cricket board to not send its team to Pakistan in January because of security fears.

"Now what will happen to our lost earnings. We were hoping that we will be compensated through the PSL but now only god knows when it will be organized," a leading player told PTI on Saturday.

The general reaction from cricketers was that the PCB should have allowed the players to play in the BPL and earn some good money.

"After refusing us permission the board had indicated it would compensate us through the PSL," one player pointed out.

Most of the players, who didn’t want to be named for obvious reasons and who have played for Pakistan, said they were apprehensive from the start whether the PSL would be held as announced by the board in March-April due to the uncertain security situation in the country.

"I don’t know on what grounds the board was sure it could organize the PSL," another player said.

The players who were not allowed to go for the BPL lost out on an earnings ranging from 280,000 to 300,000 dollars.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...de_title=72348
Old February 11, 2013, 02:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Chronology of reactions I have heard from some Pakistani fans

Cancellation of our tour to Pakistan over security reasons
i) You betrayed us by promising to tour and then not honoring it. We don't care if bombs go off every
week and people die! a man's word is a man's word!!

After waiting till the last moment to cancel on BPL
ii) haha justice served... you tricked us by not touring and now this is the price you pay for it! take that!!

After BPL found replacement players quickly despite all the problems
iii) Who cares about BPL organized by a minnow board and comprised of mediocre players. It will not succeed without the stars from pakistan

After BPL gains attention pays decent amount of money and delivers good games
iv) Country's honor comes first, who cares about BPL money! we have PSL which will pay millions more just wait and see!

After PSL is cancelled
v) its okay BPL wouldn't have paid the players anyways... it's better to watch the test series