facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 13, 2017, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Lailati - good Boti Kebab/Parata/Brain Masala
Also some of their drink mixes are good.

Old November 13, 2017, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Lailati - good Boti Kebab/Parata/Brain Masala
Also some of their drink mixes are good.
Are they the replacement for Jim’s Kitchen? They also seem to serve Chinese as well.
Old November 14, 2017, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

While all of you ponder about great food, great clubs and great parties...

I think when you guys visit... try to reserve a day or half a day to visit the refugee camps of rohingyas and see how it is there. It may change your perspective on life. And yews I would take my children there if they have the ability to understand empathy. And maybe you can even help out somehow.

one of the worse refuge crisis in human history...

Given a growing adult an exposure to these things will differenctate him/her from all the rest...

Imagine for a college intereview:

interviewer: Well I see you have good grades, what did you do beside studying

candidate 1: Well most of my hours and days are spent studying (wtf this is high school haha), but during christmas break i went to dhaka and ate in a resolving chinese restaurant.. let me tell you the best shrmp dumpling i ever had in my life.

Interviewer: Well I see you got excellent grades, what did you do beside study8ing

cadidate 2: Actually i hardly studied. I am constantly busy experiencing or doing things that can bring some sort of change - whether the change is for me, for someone else, for a community or to some scale a change in the world. I recently went to Bangladesh and experienced first hand the refugee crisis and the plight of the rohingyas. I met a young women, raped, mother of 2 children, whose husband was burnt by the myanmar army. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Here a young rape victim has no home, no place or time to reflect what is happening to her, preoccupied with where or how she will purchase milk for her infant child..I immediate started calling people who can help this woman. I wanted to not worry about her or her children when i left the camp. I didn't want to have it in my conscience. I finally got her and her children a place to stay, paid for a year, i also found her a job working for a relatives house. I left the camp, I left bangladesh. I stopped worrying about her as much but then i never thought this would happen but i started to worry about the 1 million other ppl who i didn't interact with. she touched my life. she changed my perspective on what it means to be a survivor. there has to be a better way to help these ppl.

candidate 1 accepted to NSU of dhaka... candidate 2 accepted to brown university...
Old November 14, 2017, 04:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

As always BK bhai, this is classic response loool

On the subject, no I was not looking for any of those but somewhere to go sit in and enjoy some food and listen to live music or watch cricket/sports (sort of sports bar here in the USA) on screen. I am not an alcohol drinker, not that I could not, but I just never enjoyed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hello Ahsan bhaiya!
By nightlife for a bargain, do you mean a good bar with low cost drinks in Banani area?
Are you looking for 'Mod', I mean a safe SHuri-khana? You can go to Red-Button near the Parliament Bldg. (I think Agar-Gaon). You can also just drink at you own hotel's bar after your friends and relatives leave.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you are looking for anything specific, as far as 'nightlife' goes, anywhere in Dhaka. If you are looking for Jalsa-ghar style Baiji dance with spicy Kebab + roti + aloo bhaji, I can connect you with my cousins in Old Dhaka...that's bit of a trek from Banani though...but late at night traffic would be light. You can also listen to good classical music there...'Tere kete Taa...Taa tere kete...Taa dhiin, dhin Taa...Aaaa...Aaa...Tumi ajj amar kolmi lota...kolmi..kooolmii..." With sitar/santoor tanpoora...everything. Also Baul music too.
I can send you to all night Baul jam by legendary bauls like Pagla Hashu Miah o taar dol, etc.

Are you looking for late night Kobita-Abriti by up-an-coming Kobis (poets) of Dhaka? I can direct you to the right place, no problem...all night kobitas.

I am not quite sure what exactly you are looking for, if you want to party at night - no problem.

But if you would like to zikr all night at a Mazaar, I can send you to the right place in DHaka as well. please do not hesitate to PM me.
Old November 15, 2017, 02:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsan
As always BK bhai, this is classic response loool

On the subject, no I was not looking for any of those but somewhere to go sit in and enjoy some food and listen to live music or watch cricket/sports (sort of sports bar here in the USA) on screen. I am not an alcohol drinker, not that I could not, but I just never enjoyed them.
Well tbh I think you gave the impression that you wanted the glitzy night life as usually your relatives could have have advised you otherwise.

There used to be a Hard Rock Cafe but I think they removed that. But without live music I heard the restaurants in and around Banani are amazing.
Old November 15, 2017, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

https://bdnews24.com/lifestyle/2017/...-in-bangladesh

This can be a good place for kids.
Old November 16, 2017, 04:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
https://bdnews24.com/lifestyle/2017/...-in-bangladesh

This can be a good place for kids.
Thanks for the input. Will wait a bit for reviews. I am guessing robots will be better for many customers as no tip is required
Old November 17, 2017, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Oshudhpotro kintu kom daamey kina jay. Ja chan, tai pharmacytey kintey parben.

Hajar hajar pound korsi Amazoney oshudh bikri korey. 50takar oshudh £10 ey bikri korsi hehehhe
Old November 17, 2017, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Oshudhpotro kintu kom daamey kina jay. Ja chan, tai pharmacytey kintey parben.

Hajar hajar pound korsi Amazoney oshudh bikri korey. 50takar oshudh £10 ey bikri korsi hehehhe
InshahAllah I hope not me nor my family will have to buy medicine. But I do go to the dentist.

Will be taking loads of mosquito repellent.
Old November 19, 2017, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Adam bhai, ekhaner GPra kuno oshudh ditey chay na. Amar nijer ar apnar vabir oshudhpotro ami deshey geley niye ashi.

Btw, ami deshey geley deshi shobji bag bhorey niya ashi Deshi peyaj, deshi aloo, lou, kakrul ar koto ki. Ar amader biscuitgulu kintu onek mojar. Deshi murgi kunovabey antey parley bhaloi hoto.
Old November 19, 2017, 09:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hello Ahsan bhaiya!
By nightlife for a bargain, do you mean a good bar with low cost drinks in Banani area?
Are you looking for 'Mod', I mean a safe SHuri-khana? You can go to Red-Button near the Parliament Bldg. (I think Agar-Gaon). You can also just drink at you own hotel's bar after your friends and relatives leave.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you are looking for anything specific, as far as 'nightlife' goes, anywhere in Dhaka. If you are looking for Jalsa-ghar style Baiji dance with spicy Kebab + roti + aloo bhaji, I can connect you with my cousins in Old Dhaka...that's bit of a trek from Banani though...but late at night traffic would be light. You can also listen to good classical music there...'Tere kete Taa...Taa tere kete...Taa dhiin, dhin Taa...Aaaa...Aaa...Tumi ajj amar kolmi lota...kolmi..kooolmii..." With sitar/santoor tanpoora...everything. Also Baul music too.
I can send you to all night Baul jam by legendary bauls like Pagla Hashu Miah o taar dol, etc.

Are you looking for late night Kobita-Abriti by up-an-coming Kobis (poets) of Dhaka? I can direct you to the right place, no problem...all night kobitas.

I am not quite sure what exactly you are looking for, if you want to party at night - no problem.

But if you would like to zikr all night at a Mazaar, I can send you to the right place in DHaka as well. please do not hesitate to PM me.
This is probably one of the most brilliant and creative response ever. Next Ahsan be like asking for E and sh...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 19, 2017, 09:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Do not eat at Karai Ghost, they were flagged for poor hygiene few years back.
No offense, but by any chance do you have yelp review to back it up? I frankly loved their food.

Old November 19, 2017, 09:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Adam bhai, ekhaner GPra kuno oshudh ditey chay na. Amar nijer ar apnar vabir oshudhpotro ami deshey geley niye ashi.

Btw, ami deshey geley deshi shobji bag bhorey niya ashi Deshi peyaj, deshi aloo, lou, kakrul ar koto ki. Ar amader biscuitgulu kintu onek mojar. Deshi murgi kunovabey antey parley bhaloi hoto.
Bro be careful bringing food items to especially stuff like shutki . I know a few people who were caught and have a statement on their passport. Everytime they come to London it’s always a long check through their bags.
Old November 19, 2017, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Bro be careful bringing food items to especially stuff like shutki . I know a few people who were caught and have a statement on their passport. Everytime they come to London it’s always a long check through their bags.
I like how people coming from Middle Eastern countries are getting racially profiled and such for carrying explosives and Colombians being suspected of drug smuggling and drug cartel and what not. Meanwhile...

...we from Bangladesh are getting branded for carrying shutki.

Old November 19, 2017, 04:06 PM
Cricket Guru

A few weeks ago I ate this channachur brought back from Bangladesh. It was kind of odd to see it imported from India especially when our country has locally superior product compared to the one I tasted. When I told the host they were surprised as well and told me someone got for them.
Old November 23, 2017, 04:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Can anyone tell me what are best transport links connecting Sylhet and Chittagong please?

I am looking for airplane or train (no Dhaka stopover)
Old November 23, 2017, 05:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Can anyone tell me what are best transport links connecting Sylhet and Chittagong please?

I am looking for airplane or train (no Dhaka stopover)
Everything is online dude ..just start searching .

I just checked novo air and Bangladesh biman.. website ..there are no direct flight between these two cities .. you have to buy two tickets ..one to Dhaka and then to sylhet ...

If I were u I would try to make my schedule in a way so I can go to the sylhet/chittaging from Dhaka instead of trying to travel between these two cities ....

There 3 trains that travel this route it seems but that info I would get at bd ... this route maybe worth the trouble to enjoy some scenic views. Tickets are always more difficult to get for train I think ..

I always found air travel even with lateness to be the best in bd....
Old November 23, 2017, 05:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Everything is online dude ..just start searching .

I just checked novo air and Bangladesh biman.. website ..there are no direct flight between these two cities .. you have to buy two tickets ..one to Dhaka and then to sylhet ...

If I were u I would try to make my schedule in a way so I can go to the sylhet/chittaging from Dhaka instead of trying to travel between these two cities ....

There 3 trains that travel this route it seems but that info I would get at bd ... this route maybe worth the trouble to enjoy some scenic views. Tickets are always more difficult to get for train I think ..

I always found air travel even with lateness to be the best in bd....
Thanks for the input. I already searched for flights online but like you there was no results. And usually alot of information on websites when it especially comes to Bangladesh isnt always updated on a timely basis.

My friend was hoping to use the Rocket steamer which was showing on websites that it was still running, where in reality it was out for a couple of months. Furthermore he was telling me how he came across a branch of fastfood joint in an area which was not advertised on their website despite being open for a year.
Old November 23, 2017, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

It seems there are two train services:

Udayan express and Paharika express. The former is a sleeper as it starts out at night and arrives in the morning.

Anyone tried these trains on this route?
Old November 23, 2017, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Biman /novoair /other pvt airlines websites are very up to date ..you can buy your ticks online. I had done it before ..

I had trouble getting train tickets properly ..they were in secondary market ..

The country is not really well connected off Dhaka ..
Old November 27, 2017, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

if you are there by dec 1st.. attend a rock concert. Lot of things going on if you just keep your eyes open.

http://www.thedailystar.net/arts-ent...mber-1-1497274

http://jetechao.com/category/15
Old November 28, 2017, 04:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
if you are there by dec 1st.. attend a rock concert. Lot of things going on if you just keep your eyes open.

http://www.thedailystar.net/arts-ent...mber-1-1497274

http://jetechao.com/category/15
Not a bad idea as I heard Bangladeshi music concerts are still rave.
Old November 28, 2017, 10:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Pop some yabba, put on the stilettos and get on the dance floor.

Taito? ^

Old November 28, 2017, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

If you need any personal connection to 1 or 2 top level musicians from (Warfaze, Miles) just PM me, I can provide some reference.
Old November 28, 2017, 03:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

adam bhaiya, star kabab kobe jaben? apnar treat roilo kintu.