facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2013, 04:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Three 500 run ings in his HC era including 600 against Srilanka.

Well done Ustad Jurgensen.

Old October 13, 2013, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

He gets bashed a lot and even when we achieve success, we find others to credit, when things don't go so well we all blame him. He might not be a high profile coach but there must be something that he's doing right in our improvement as a team. So well done to coach Shane.
Old October 14, 2013, 11:16 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
He gets bashed a lot and even when we achieve success, we find others to credit, when things don't go so well we all blame him. He might not be a high profile coach but there must be something that he's doing right in our improvement as a team. So well done to coach Shane.
No doubt. .He is doing a great job. Hope he works on Anamul's footwork and most importantly improve our pacers ability to take wickets. Rubel is still crap, Shahadat is still horrible, Shafiul is lost. . He was hired as a fast bowling coach after all. .
Old October 14, 2013, 11:32 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
No doubt. .He is doing a great job. Hope he works on Anamul's footwork and most importantly improve our pacers ability to take wickets. Rubel is still crap, Shahadat is still horrible, Shafiul is lost. . He was hired as a fast bowling coach after all. .
thats the only reason he gets bashed, his achievements as a coach for BD is excellent, he is doing everything right but the job he was hired for in the first place, that is to improve the fast bowlers

Last edited by Night_wolf; October 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM..
Old October 14, 2013, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I won't give much credit to SJ for the success we are having in internationals , because I haven't seen anyone improving individually, he is just lucky that during his era players like NAsir,Momin,Gazi came in.
Our pace attack is pure crap, knowing that he was mainly a bowling coach if he was that efficient we would have witnessed some significant improvement in our pace attack.
Like during Siddons time although the team didn't look good but we have seen many of our batsmen improving under him.
Old October 14, 2013, 12:53 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Simon, I would give due credit to Shane. Under him the players are playing like a team and that's why we are getting success. In Siddons era there were hardly any team performance and you don't go anywhere except going down with only individual performances.
Old October 14, 2013, 03:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Simon, I would give due credit to Shane. Under him the players are playing like a team and that's why we are getting success. In Siddons era there were hardly any team performance and you don't go anywhere except going down with only individual performances.
Exactly. There has been lots of articles about how coach Shane has focused on team performance and greater unity. The players have credited him for that. Thats an important part of coaching as well.

Also don't put all the blame on Shane for the poor performances on our pacers. These players have to be held accountable as well. If Shahadat cries about having to attend practice then what can a coach do? And coach Ian has said this many times that our players are told things by coaches but they fail to apply them in matches. Again up to the players to learn and improve

Last edited by Tiger444; October 14, 2013 at 04:17 PM..
Old October 14, 2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Please forget Ian Pont! Just look forward.
Old October 14, 2013, 04:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Please forget Ian Pont! Just look forward.
But why?
If Ian said something which happens to be true, you should accept that. Constrictive criticism should always be welcome.
Old October 15, 2013, 12:29 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I guess John Buchanon was also a great coach of the Australian Team
Old October 15, 2013, 01:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I guess John Buchanon was also a great coach of the Australian Team
hahaha...are you seriously making the comparison?
Old October 15, 2013, 02:21 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
hahaha...are you seriously making the comparison?
I believe the likes of Nasir, Shakib, Mushy, Tamim, Ryad, Gazi. Razzak, Mashrafi etc will perform regardless of who is coaching at the moment. These group of cricketers have been around for awhile now and they are already at a level where they can perform against international teams. Most of these guys were developed by Dav, Siddons,Stuart Law etc. Right now we have an experienced and consistent group of core cricketers under a captain with good people skills. I would like to see intelligent tactical decisions employed on the field as well as improvement to Marshall, Anamul. Alamin. Abul, Robiul in the next few series before i am impressed by SJ. I dont believe we can attribute just results with his coaching skills because before SJ came in our performance at home was already on the rise (Asia cup).
Old October 15, 2013, 03:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Exactly. There has been lots of articles about how coach Shane has focused on team performance and greater unity. The players have credited him for that. Thats an important part of coaching as well.

Also don't put all the blame on Shane for the poor performances on our pacers. These players have to be held accountable as well. If Shahadat cries about having to attend practice then what can a coach do? And coach Ian has said this many times that our players are told things by coaches but they fail to apply them in matches. Again up to the players to learn and improve
the team thing is true although i think what we got out of the siddons era is more consistent batting from tamim, shakib and mushy and without their consistency that came from that, we wouldn't be producing the team efforts we are right now (might be producing team efforts but not to the standard they currently are).
Old October 15, 2013, 04:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
the team thing is true although i think what we got out of the siddons era is more consistent batting from tamim, shakib and mushy and without their consistency that came from that, we wouldn't be producing the team efforts we are right now (might be producing team efforts but not to the standard they currently are).
Oh ya no doubt Siddons was a good coach as well. He was a good coach in a different way. He helped our batsmen a lot from a technique standpoint.

For the most part, I've been pretty pleased with our coaches. In some way they have helped to get us to this point. From the likes of Whatmore, Siddons, Law and now Jurgs

Now coach Shane needs to take us to the next level which I hope he can
Old October 15, 2013, 11:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

Shane may be a better man-manager coach then a technical coach. Explains why there is team unity even though most of the technical improvements are coming from the self-motivated players. Now imagine a line-up of Shane as HC, Siddons as batting coach, Ponty as fast-bowling coach, Saqlain as spin-bowling coach and Fountain as fielding coach. Not impossible - BCB can ask sponsors to put their names in for each position (Jomuna Bash Pacer Coach Ian Pon, Jhokmok Tel Batting Coach Jamie Siddons).
Old October 16, 2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Shane may be a better man-manager coach then a technical coach. Explains why there is team unity even though most of the technical improvements are coming from the self-motivated players. Now imagine a line-up of Shane as HC, Siddons as batting coach, Ponty as fast-bowling coach, Saqlain as spin-bowling coach and Fountain as fielding coach. Not impossible - BCB can ask sponsors to put their names in for each position (Jomuna Bash Pacer Coach Ian Pon, Jhokmok Tel Batting Coach Jamie Siddons).
Cool idea Razab bhai

It would be a dream team ^^^
All it takes is BCB's willing to do ...
Old October 16, 2013, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I won't jump on the Shane train. He is a former fast bowler right? What has he done to fix the blemishes of Rubel to make him better? Or get the balls to question the repeated selections of Abul and Shahdat?
Old October 16, 2013, 06:26 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I won't jump on the Shane train. He is a former fast bowler right? What has he done to fix the blemishes of Rubel to make him better? Or get the balls to question the repeated selections of Abul and Shahdat?
I don't think brain transplant is a legal option for coaches... so can't blame SJ for failing with Rubel
Old October 16, 2013, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Shane may be a better man-manager coach then a technical coach. Explains why there is team unity even though most of the technical improvements are coming from the self-motivated players. Now imagine a line-up of Shane as HC, Siddons as batting coach, Plenty as fast-bowling coach, Saqlain as spin-bowling coach and Fountain as fielding coach. Not impossible - BCB can ask sponsors to put their names in for each position (Jomuna Bash Pacer Coach Ian Pon, Jhokmok Tel Batting Coach Jamie Siddons).
Good post Razab Vi. I do agree with you. Shane is probably good man manager. Man management is a major part of head coach. If BCB can provided coaching line up u suggested that would be good. I forgot the name of current assistant coach. Probably he is giving a good service in both batting and fielding department,so BCB is not filing the due batting coach post.
Old March 17, 2014, 01:57 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

ICC World Twenty20: Q&A with Bangladesh coach Jurgensen

By Shajan Miah BBC Sport

A nation's eyes will be on Bangladesh when the ICC World Twenty20 gets under way on Sunday.
The hosts open the tournament against Afghanistan, giving them an immediate chance to avenge their defeat by the qualifiers in the Asia Cup, a tournament in which they lost all four games.
But Bangladesh's Australia-born coach Shane Jurgensen tells BBC Sport why he believes his side could shock the bigger nations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26573651
Old March 17, 2014, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Is he riding on the fact that this is probably Bangladesh's best ever team with many players in their peak age. So the team would do well under any decent coach.

Or is he really doing a good job motivating the players and getting them performing as a unit.
Old March 20, 2014, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Jurg, please, it's time for you to go. Even associate teams now have better pacers. You are a total failure in your area of specialty.
Old March 20, 2014, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Jurg, please, it's time for you to go. Even associate teams now have better pacers. You are a total failure in your area of specialty.
Ar na hole golai dori dia moro.
Old March 20, 2014, 11:53 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Time for him to go.
Old March 20, 2014, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

See how Hong Kong kept runs going despite losing wickets. I cant believe a coach doesnt have any influence to prevent such things from hapenning