facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 25, 2018, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Is Multiculturalism, Immigration, Globalization ruining World Travel.

Please do not mess this thread up with multiple nonsensical opinionated posts. Am looking for thoughtful, knowledgeable, well traveled people's response. Hear me out, do not crucify me, and do not veer to off topic. Main point of this discussion is not political rather for travel purpose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not so well traveled but I am starting. These days however it feels like most major cities of west have similar look. There is no unique culture to experience anymore or unique people to see. You are in new york, you go into subway station, you are guaranteed to experience 40 different languages. You go to Toronto you see similar make up on a smaller scale. You decide you gonna skip the north america and go to Europe and things starts to get worse. London, paris they all have massive people that are originally not from there. Sydney no different. Paris is called the city of dark now. Even in middle east - some countries have more ppl from south east asia than natives.

where are the countries with homogeneous population? It seems like all the countries with homogeneous people are generally poor one. And they have already migrated so massively to the western countries, its almost like you can feel them on a smaller scale while living in let's say New york.

If world cup football wasn't in Russia, i would have never visited that country. you always hear about racism, this that.. but guess what I had one of the most wonderful time there. And I just loved being different among that homogeneous group of ppl. And it's in a populated major city (ie Moscow). People were curious to know my background as they couldn't pin point it. in restaurants i had multiple waitresses ask me where i was coming from with a confused look. you cant get this curiosity in ny london sydney.

And it seems like this open borders of the world, tendency of immigrants to have more children than natives are changing the complexion and uniqueness of a country. There is a romanticism in being in places of restrictions.

An example would be: I want to visit Dhaka when it had 1/100th of its current population and the influence of west is minimal - in form of fancy western restaurants, malls etc etc similarly there should be "western" countries free of too much immigrant influence.

So what are the Major cities of the world that are still unique, have its own unique culture and 99% of ppl are native? your thoughts on the topic.

Old September 25, 2018, 07:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Most of the associate nations in cricket have a fair share of non-natives (ie, look at Hong Kong).

It's hard to pinpoint a major city in the world that contains 99% of natives. The closest I'm thinking is Lagos... demographically might have a 5% population that's Asian...The Asians are everywhere, and when I say Asians, it's primarily the Chinese.

They have played the game (of globalization) well.

It's better to visit places other than the cities of these major countries (developed).

Or why not head over to the Caribbean...

Sentinel Island most likely have 100% natives...but it's not a tourist destination...

Good thread

Would love to hear from others.
Old September 25, 2018, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

99% maybe a bit high of a number but atleasst 90%+ above. And it's important that it is a Major city because with suburbs, you can have uniqueness in each individual countries. Your cricket example is not necessarily a good one because cricket is only a sport in Hong kong because of desi ppl just like it is in USA. But when you say Asians or white or indians are everywhere - the world seems too small. And with social media and half of the ppl connected via some platform it feels like it's ONE BIG country. Where is the romanticism?

Caribbean islands are totally catered for tourism and vacation spot - those are the worse place imo for travel - it's good to rest and unwind by the beach sure. your fellow travelers make up with be a MULTICULTURAL group of ppl.
Old September 25, 2018, 07:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Well President Trump said globalism and multiculturism is wrong today and since he's one of the smartest and greatest Presidents since Abraham Lincoln (quite possibly greater even), he's probably right. I mean he could be wrong, but I highly doubt he is. Whats happened is that the media constantly tries to argue that there's nothing wrong with being black or brown or yellow and has convinced people that white supremacism is bad. No other ideology gets treated as unfairly.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 25, 2018, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Well President Trump said globalism and multiculturism is wrong today and since he's one of the smartest and greatest Presidents since Abraham Lincoln (quite possibly greater even), he's probably right. I mean he could be wrong, but I highly doubt he is. Whats happened is that the media constantly tries to argue that there's nothing wrong with being black or brown or yellow and has convinced people that white supremacism is bad. No other ideology gets treated as unfairly.
Please tell me your being sarcastic.
Old September 25, 2018, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Whats happened is that the media constantly tries to argue that there's nothing wrong with being black or brown or yellow and has convinced people that white supremacism is bad. No other ideology gets treated as unfairly.
I would not put it this way but I think you somewhat get it. I wouldn't call it white supremacy rather white majority. A country with white majority . A country can certainly try to maintain it's core demographics without being labeled a racist one. I think it's important. Ability to emigrate to a country is not a right, it's a privilege - so one can not call foul when it is severely restrictive.

the other portion i disagree.. no "other ideology" gets treated as badly. did you mean race? I would resoundingly disagree. But there can be an argument made about a rise in unfair treatment with social media i suppose. thanks for you input. Appreciated.
Old September 25, 2018, 07:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
99% maybe a bit high of a number but atleasst 90%+ above. And it's important that it is a Major city because with suburbs, you can have uniqueness in each individual countries. Your cricket example is not necessarily a good one because cricket is only a sport in Hong kong because of desi ppl just like it is in USA. But when you say Asians or white or indians are everywhere - the world seems too small. And with social media and half of the ppl connected via some platform it feels like it's ONE BIG country. Where is the romanticism?

Caribbean islands are totally catered for tourism and vacation spot - those are the worse place imo for travel - it's good to rest and unwind by the beach sure. your fellow travelers make up with be a MULTICULTURAL group of ppl.

The cricket example was the first thing that came to mind. Mind you I haven't visited those countries, but I simply deduced that those cities are not up to that percentage of natives.

The suburbs- have they been enveloped by tourists using the Air B and B service.

The world simply is intertwined by this globalization. Social media also plays a big role in this.

We as humans are natural explorers. There's not a place that's not gonna be filled by people other than the natives.

Very hard to find that sweet spot.
Old September 25, 2018, 07:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Oh shoots, I've gone off topic there with the Air B and B bit
Old September 26, 2018, 06:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

I like your thinking idumb.
Us Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Indians are everywhere and have migrated to every decent Western country letting in immigrants.
If you are looking for cities with less immigrant population, you need to visit ones with strict immigration policies or where they don't let immigrants settle and become citizens.

I wholly agree with being valued when you go to a foreign country.

Looking at the atlas, I can recommend these countries :

Iceland
Cuba & neighbouring countries
Brazil & neighbouring countries
East European countries
Turkey
Egypt & neighbouring Arab countries
Kazaksthan
Mongolia
Uzbekistan
Azerbaijan
China
Taiwan
South Korea
Japan
Brunei
You may also choose African countries at your own risk.
Vietnam
Phillipines
New Zealand