facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2004, 08:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Default how BCB is funded?

I just read the Kenya news, and the black players are revolting against their board. Itz something about new contracts or something. Thats not the point here. I want to know how BCB is funded? How much fund BCB gets yearly? One could be the bd government, but do they have others? What is the salary of the national players? What is the salary for A team, under 19 team, and club players? How the bd clubs across the country are funded?
Old September 29, 2004, 09:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Main source of funding for BCB must be appearance money for playing in tournaments. For instance, every test playing teams were paid $ 7 millions and others $ 4 millions for participating in the 2003 world cup. They must have got appearance money for participating in recent tournaments as well. They may also be getting some amount from their official team sponsors. If BCB are able to sell TV right for cricket played in BD, this could also serve as a source of revenue for them.
Old September 30, 2004, 12:13 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

The new contract for the Bangladeshi players is due to be set from September 30th. So keep an eye on the daily newspapers at that time - they'll mention what is the amount the contracted players will get during 2004-2005 playing for the national team.

We have also had our shares of revolting against our board for money - Aminul Islam Bulbul participated as the leading figure in such a revolt. My impression at the time was that because Bulbul acted as a key individual in that movement (of sort), so he was sacked from his captancy and Naimur Rahman Durjoy was given the role of test captancy.
Old September 30, 2004, 10:30 PM
Test Cricketer

I really thing that the players of bangladesh should be given what they deserve. At the same time I want bangladeshi players to understand that revolting against bcb only delay our development of cricketing quality. They should not dream about the big sums, if they do so, they better try to play in Australia's domestic cricket or England county cricket. What do u think?