facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Default IPL -- One of the reasons for Indian Cricket Teams dominance?

Yes, players from other teams also feature in IPL, but majority of the players are Indians.

Lets look at the pros of those players who get to feature regularly in IPL.

Pros:
1 - Innovative and inventive -- The batsmen play more strokes and different strokes. They can easily play the classical cover drive and can also play the paddle scoop, reverse sweep etc. You name the shot, they can most probably play the shot.

The same goes for bowlers. Being carted all around the ground, a bowler can't just run in and bowl. More cutters, slower balls, working on more surprise deliveries.

2 - The fielders are super fit, very agile - since every run makes a difference. Yes, India arent the best fielding side but they are not too bad either.

3 - IPL has many close matches. They get used to playing in pressure situations.

4 - Go big or go home. Look at Indias batting order. From number one to number 7/8 every one is capable of batting at a strike rate of 100+ with minimal risk.

Now I know that other countries have their own domestic tournaments but we all have to agree. IPL has to be the most professional tournament out there and you rub your shoulders with the best international T20 players.

Old February 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
Yes, players from other teams also feature in IPL, but majority of the players are Indians.

Lets look at the pros of those players who get to feature regularly in IPL.

Pros:
1 - Innovative and inventive -- The batsmen play more strokes and different strokes. They can easily play the classical cover drive and can also play the paddle scoop, reverse sweep etc. You name the shot, they can most probably play the shot.

The same goes for bowlers. Being carted all around the ground, a bowler can't just run in and bowl. More cutters, slower balls, working on more surprise deliveries.

2 - The fielders are super fit, very agile - since every run makes a difference. Yes, India arent the best fielding side but they are not too bad either.

3 - IPL has many close matches. They get used to playing in pressure situations.

4 - Go big or go home. Look at Indias batting order. From number one to number 7/8 every one is capable of batting at a strike rate of 100+ with minimal risk.

Now I know that other countries have their own domestic tournaments but we all have to agree. IPL has to be the most professional tournament out there and you rub your shoulders with the best international T20 players.
IPL just raised the stakes but we were on the rise even before IPL, Bhai its just the opening match and lot of match still needs to be played before judging who dominates.
Old February 20, 2011, 05:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Indeed. And I am in no in any way stating that India will win the world cup. Its just that they are better at executing skills under pressure right now and have the captain cool to guide them.
Old February 20, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Nope mate, IPL isnt the reason, look at Pakistan,except for the first season,none of their players have played in it, but they still won the T20 world cup last year and looked good in the warmups

The IPL only gives Indian team more practice, it's not the reason for their dominance, they dominate because they have dominating players, they currently have a team which comes once in a lifetime, everyone is a match-winner in itself