facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 7, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Exclamation MLC Board of Directors: CEO & GMs Only Thread

@the GM, Flyers:

1. Since he has "signed" a contract already according to your press release, you need to disclose his salary which must be within your budget your owner can afford based on his actual net worth. Salary includes: 1) Base salary, 2) Match fee, 3) Optional bonuses (itemized), and 4) Championship bonuses. Please post your payroll budget before "signing" any other player you draft. Unlike the BPL and the IPL, players actually get paid in the MLC and in America. Thank you

2. Is he available for trade for other players, future draft picks and money (the total worth of his contract + extra)?

3. If not, then how long is the contact for and when does he become an RFA (Restricted Free Agent whereby other teams can make him an offer you MUST match to keep him)?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old August 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Exclamation MLC Board of Directors: CEO & GMs Only Thread

Only the MLC CEO and GMs are allowed to post comments in this thread. The comments and negotiations must pertain to player contracts, trades, resolving other issues, ways to make MLC better, and possible expansion in the future.

GMs can also post their itemized budgets here. The budgets must be posted to make MLC credible.

MODs- Please make this a sticky and remove comments from outside the MCL Board of Directors as requested.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 7, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Sorry to disappoint you SNR but no, we aren't doing all that. That will just complicate things. Those things you mention were never part of any of my plans. No one is active enough to go through all of that. And how would we actually figure how much would Chris Gayle agree for to play for this so called "Flyers."

I wanted to make this as realistic as possible, but fun too. In the end it's all a fantasy and I wanna keep it that way. Simple registration process was already too difficult for some members.

So far I've liked most of your ideas, but those are just way too extreme and I doubt anyone would want to do all that. We barely have all 16 members who can be here just for the draft. At this point I just want members here to draft the players and start playing some games.
Old August 7, 2012, 07:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Default From GM, Sharks to GM, Flyres

@the GM, Flyers:

1. Since Chris Gayle has "signed" a contract already according to your press release, you need to disclose his salary which must be within your budget your owner can afford based on his actual net worth. Salary includes: 1) Base salary, 2) Match fee, 3) Optional bonuses (itemized), and 4) Championship bonuses. Please post your payroll budget before "signing" any other player you draft. Unlike the BPL and the IPL, players actually get paid in the MLC and in America. Thank you

2. Is he available for trade for other players, future draft picks and money (the total worth of his contract + extra)?

3. If not, then how long is the contact for and when does he become an RFA (Restricted Free Agent whereby other teams can make him an offer you MUST match to keep him)?
Old August 7, 2012, 07:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I had budget/money system in planned for next season, when people get more used to this, but I don't even want to think about it right now. I just want people to start playing and have fun.

Tigers_Eye get online!
Old August 7, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Be patient Commish, this can be done right from this inaugural season. All American GMs familiar with American professional sports modalities and understand budgets and trades. What I've been suggesting an oversimplified version of what really happens.

If that's not a factor, then why have us select a rich owner? Substance creates credibility, not flash, especially the kind that makes no realistic sense.

If the budget and trades are not factors than this league isn't credible and interesting enough for me to be in it. That is not a threat, but the lack of real, tactical details behind the scenes simply don't make it interesting enough for me to spend time on. I'll be available once this league is more well thought through. I've helped you since my first post here and will continue to, but not as GM.

Let me know of your decision so that I can either stay on or resign as the Sharks' GM. Thank you
Old August 7, 2012, 08:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Be patient Commish, this can be done right from this inaugural season. All GMs familiar with American professional sports understand budgets and trades. If that's not a factor, then why have us select a rich owner?
That was for later seasons. I have said that all along. I even mentioned it in the last page.

I love that idea auction and signing as much as you do. But we already started the season and the draft, introducing new ideas now will just complicate things. I don't why you are coming up with all these new ideas at this point.

Do any of you players want to do what Sohel NR is saying? Hey I don't mind. If all of you guys are up for it, lets go ahead. I leave it up to the people. Your call guys.
Old August 7, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Dude,

Please note that players shouldn't be signed without disclosing key details to the MLC (CEO & 16 GMs). They must:

1. Post an itemized payroll budget. The amount must be reasonably tied to the actual net worth of the owner (available in Google).

2. Itemized salary details of the signed player.

3. Duration of the contract which can help us determine when he become an RFA so that we can make an offer.

4. Whether or not there a "no trade clause" in the contract. That way we'll know whether or not we can make an offer to the GM within the trade deadline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Dude,

It's a FANTASY league. No one would want to go through all that complications.

Changing it to signing instead of drafting just completely changes the whole thing! Signing players was never part my plans for season one.

Lets just play as planned right now. And we see if people want all that next season (if we play season 2). We can't introduce new ideas or change plans in the middle like this. I will intro it early in the season next time.

Thanks.
Quote:
As I've posted already, I won't spend time on a typical Fantasy League full of holes and therefore without credibility.

You will have my resignation within 30 minutes.
I'm not going to force you to play, because all of a sudden you don't what I'm doing. You are always welcome to stay or leave, it's a free-nation/forum.

If guys like Sohel's plans want to do, fine by me. League becomes more realistic that way, and I have nothing against that. But I'm not going to force it upon you.

Or else we just go back to drafting players.
Old August 7, 2012, 08:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That was for later seasons. I have said that all along. I even mentioned it in the last page.

I love that idea auction and signing as much as you do. But we already started the season and the draft, introducing new ideas now will just complicate things. I don't why you are coming up with all these new ideas at this point.

Do any of you players want to do what Sohel NR is saying? Hey I don't mind. If all of you guys are up for it, lets go ahead. I leave it up to the people. Your call guys.
Edited in more comments in my post.

You're the Founder & CEO and you must decide this. I give you 30 minutes before my possible resignation. MLC is the ONLY FL I signed up for here because it is American, and I expected it to follow American norms and intricacies. Anything else isn't worth my interest or time.

If it comes to that, then I'll post my resignation here and in the MLC Board of Directors Thread I've just created.
Old August 7, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Edited in more comments in my post.

You're the Founder & CEO and you must decide this. I give you 30 minutes before my possible resignation. MLC is the ONLY FL I signed up for here because it is American, and I expected it to follow American norms and intricacies. Anything else isn't worth my interest or time.

If it comes to that, then I'll post my resignation here and in the MLC Board of Directors Thread I've just created.
You do realize this is fantasy and we can go so far to make it as realistic as possible. We can't do all the things that we do in the other American leagues.

Lets say I do decide to drop all that on them just like that and then they decide not to do them and lose interest. Then what we do? We need more than 1 player to play. And how would we know how much Gayle'd agree for to play for the MLC teams?

Just simple process of picking up coaches got people all confused.
Old August 7, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Savant

This was my PM sent to the CEO, MLC 30 minutes ago and that time is now up.

Quote:
As I've posted already, I won't spend time on a typical Fantasy League full of holes and therefore without credibility.

I, Sohel, hereby resign my post as GM of the San Francisco Sharks of Major League Cricket. Being a PROUD San Franciscan who has spent 25 years in the City itself and in Berkeley across the bay, I will always root for the Sharks and wish the new GM all the best.

Last but not least, I would like to thank the CEO of MLC for personally inviting me to participate in the league. I tried my best to assist him, and will like to be back once the most rudimentary norms and intricacies of ANY American professional sports, the ones I have advocated with some implemented already, are integrated into the league.

Best of luck everyone.

Peace~

Sohel
Old August 7, 2012, 08:50 PM
Cricket Savant

This was my PM sent to the CEO, MLC 30 minutes ago and that time is now up.

Quote:

I, Sohel, hereby resign my post as GM of the San Francisco Sharks of Major League Cricket. Being a San Franciscan, I will always root for the Sharks and wish the new GM all the best.

Last but not least, I would like to thank the CEO of MLC for inviting me participate in the league. I tried my best to assist him, and will like to be back once the most rudimentary norms and intricacies of ANY American professional sports, the ones I have advocated with some implemented already, are integrated into the league.

Best of luck everyone.

Peace~

Sohel
Old August 7, 2012, 08:52 PM
Cricket Savant

i think this fantasy ish just got serious...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 7, 2012, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Rather rash, no? Without getting feedback from other GMs and jeopardizing the league? We had a solution to the quandary for which I was about to call a meeting.

We would like to appoint you to manage the financial aspect of franchise budgets and contracts and relieve the CEO of this responsibility. As a nascent league, resources are limited and as such we all have to chip in.

We hereby authorize you to determine the budget for each franchise based on owner's net as worth as a function of Page's worth and budget. However - floor the bottom to be no less than 1/2 of Page. You can then maintain a spreadsheet - posted and updated here that will be used to maintain the financials and keep teams honest.
Old August 7, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Sohel, I'm sorry that "MLC" couldn't provide you with all the real experiences you were hoping for, the likes of NFL, MLB, NBA, etc within in a thread, with fake owners, fake jersey, fake money and fake drafts, that. Sorry we couldn't follow all the norms of American professional sports. I guess that's why it's a fantasy league? But sorry to have wasted your time. It was nice having as manager and part of our thread. Hope you find a league that suits you. Do come back if you decide to rejoin.

2 opinions I've received so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Dilscoop,

Player's salary and those thing will make this game way more complicated. Naming coaches/staffs for everyone took over 1 week and can't imagine what will happen if everyone has to do Player's budget, Salary and those things. Also how will we know how much Chris Gayle will agree to play. I can set his salary to only $10,000 and say he is not available for transfer. So it's all same I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
what's going on dude? so sohels going to quit all of a sudden? Whatever he said sounds cool and all but ain't going to happen. way too complicated and everyone will lose interest. we barely have people show up regularly, if we put in all these rules it will be like a full time job.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

If the CEO authorizes the GM of Texas Cowboys (as the representative of other GMs in the Board) to authorize me to do that, and the CEO duly declines my unilateral offer of resignation, then I shall gladly withdraw my resignation and do as offered by the GM of Texas Cowboys.

Last edited by Sohel; August 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM..
Old August 7, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
If the CEO authorizes you to authorize me to do that, and declines my unilateral offer of resignation, than I shall gladly withdraw my resignation and do as offered by the GM of Texas Cowboys.
I'd like everyone to vote on the budge system first. Because this is a complete change of plans, wasn't part of any of the original deals. And I can't just push them into this. I want a vote first.

My plan was to get people to join in season one, let them get the feel of it. And from the next seasons (if there was ever going to be any) introduce more and more new ideas, slowly. And keep those ideas based on their feedbacks. Not just do w/e I want do do, just like that, in the middle of the draft. That's not "professional."
Old August 7, 2012, 09:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Fair enough. I really must get back to other work now and will be back in 12 hours.

-I'll be honored to do what has been asked of me by the GM of Texas Cowboys under the simple conditions I've posted in post #5. I will help all other GMs with their budget research, formatting and compliance decisions.

-If that happens, than the Board must also decide what percentage of the owner's net worth shall be the Player Payroll Budget floor and what percentage the ceiling.

-The Board should also CAREFULLY decide the MLC minimum base salary per player (for players both in and outside the roster of active players) for ALL teams.

-Last but not least, the Board should decide if the draft can be made more FAIR by following THIS SUGGESTION

Other, non-payroll aspects of the budget will come from TV and media rights, merchandising, attendance and investment of revenue generated by these sources.

Last edited by Sohel; August 7, 2012 at 09:49 PM..
Old August 7, 2012, 09:26 PM
Administrator

That might get too complicated to manage. Let's get an up down vote by the GMs - go without the complexity of finances for season one or not?

Vote here. Now.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
If we do it in budget system then I'm changing my owner to "Mary Alice Dorrance". Previously I selected Bradley Cooper just for the fun and didn't know we will do budget system.
We aren't going to budgets system (at least not yet). I never had a fully budget, bid, auction and sign player plan for season one, that's why we started DRAFTING today. No one would've signed up otherwise.

But we'll have a vote between all the GMs to whether the want all of that. After all you guys are the one playing this game, I'm just running to help us kill all of our free times. So I'm not just gonna force a whole new plan upon all off you like that.

But as of now, we are still drafting, and Tigers_eye is next. If SNR doesn't player, we will just skip his slot.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:30 PM
Cricket Savant

We'll manage only the payroll aspect of the budget, not anything else

I shall abstain pending the CEO's posted response (accept or decline) to my resignation.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Actually, THIS POST indicates that the CEO has accepted my resignation already. Therefore I will not post in this thread from here on.

I will however, start posting again if the circumstances allow me to come back as GM of the Sharks. Until then, I am just a spectator.

Adios and best of luck to everyone.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

As far as the rules go, I don't care either way. Believe it or not, I have tons of other things to do and this is what it is - just a game that keeps me occupied when I have a minute or two. Add as many rules as you guys see fit - and I don't find anything that Sohel bhai is proposing here to be utterly complicated - but expect there to be delays in my response, because I just don't have the time. In fact, I can barely find as much time as I would like to for my staff responsibilities.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Actually, THIS POST indicates that the CEO has accepted my resignation already. Therefore I will not post in this thread from here on.

I will however, start posting again if the circumstances allow me to come back as GM of the Sharks. Until then, I am just a spectator.

Adios and best of luck to everyone.
If you look at the time, it was about a hour ago, a long before this proposed idea. But even in that post I left wide open for you to come back, because I created the whole thing for anyone and everyone, and I won't just close the door on anyone.

But as for as your ideas goes, it stays the same. It's people's choice. It's people's league, and people make the call. Now we wait for the managers to vote.
Old August 7, 2012, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
As far as the rules go, I don't care either way. Believe it or not, I have tons of other things to do and this is what it is - just a game that keeps me occupied when I have a minute or two. Add as many rules as you guys see fit - and I don't find anything that Sohel bhai is proposing here to be utterly complicated - but expect there to be delays in my response, because I just don't have the time. In fact, I can barely find as much time as I would like to for my staff responsibilities.
+1. Also we will lose players. It's not really all that fun if we only have 5/6 players playing seriously. We still haven't managed to fill all the GM position and that took over a week. I'm with Dillu on this one, let this season be the trial run, everyone involved can get a feel for the game. And we can add more ideas doen the road. We can't expect it to be perfect right from the beginning.