facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 7, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Gayle gone in first round. Well who didn't see this coming. T_E bhai you are up next.

Old August 7, 2012, 08:26 PM
Cricket Savant

kisui to aga matha bujte parchi na bhaijanra...kobe khela hobe? kothay khela hobe? kibhabe khela hobe? ashraful ki khelbe?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 7, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
kisui to aga matha bujte parchi na bhaijanra...kobe khela hobe? kothay khela hobe? kibhabe khela hobe? ashraful ki khelbe?
you want control Pittsburgh's cricket franchise, in a fantasy? I'm guessing F6 Trubo won't finalize since he couldn't really make sense any of this.
Old August 7, 2012, 09:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

You guys go vote here > http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...24&postcount=8. where you want the complicated version or not.
Old August 7, 2012, 10:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Can someone wake me up when my turn comes for picking a player
Old August 7, 2012, 10:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hey Dilscoop,

Do I have to wait for the two (2) other managers to pick their first draft before I (Number 4) can pick mine? If it is why the first Darfting process 16 hours long? Dilscoop, if I signed on now, this is when I can only play and spend some time, it is no way possible for me to wait and maintain a que by staying online and keep track of when other managers signed in or if they picked their players or not.

This will be a big problem for me....I can not be here signed on. This is nothing like FTP...and seems like a massive amount of hours per day commitment, Dilscoop brother, this will be a problem form me. I have to be out of town for work, and out of the continent, every few days, it seemed like a great game and great fun, bbut I do not think I play it.
Old August 7, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^BK,

Since we don't know what time TE will be here, I can't give you an exact time of your turn.

And no, it's not that AT ALL. All you have to do is just draft some players. And when the season starts your job will be to name your playing XI and stuff. That's all. You don't have to spend 16 hrs on BC! You crazy? If you can log into BC a couple of times and check to if the person ahead of you posted or not will do the job.

(Also if you have plans to not be here tomorrow, PM your top 5 picks, I'll draft you your players.)

Guys I changed the rule to top 5 from top 3.
Old August 7, 2012, 11:17 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Guys I changed the rule to top 5 from top 3.
what top 5 rule?..this thread is going crazy
Old August 7, 2012, 11:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Dilu...Got it now brother.
Old August 7, 2012, 11:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
what top 5 rule?..this thread is going crazy
No the ORIGINAL ideas and rules are still the same. Don't worry about some who just barged and randomly tried to change everything out of nowhere.

Top 5 rule is you can't make it to BC to take your turn. If you think you will be absent send me your top 5 choices, I'll pick your draft for you.

Draft will still go on as planned. I'm sorry about all the crazy. Can I request a Z/ATMR to remove those post to the other GM meet up thread? Thank you.
Old August 7, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cricket Savant

hehe dilscoop bhaia ki ektu control freak naki...hehe

Old August 8, 2012, 12:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
No the ORIGINAL ideas and rules are still the same. Don't worry about some who just barged and randomly tried to change everything out of nowhere.

Top 5 rule is you can't make it to BC to take your turn. If you think you will be absent send me your top 5 choices, I'll pick your draft for you.

Draft will still go on as planned. I'm sorry about all the crazy. Can I request a Z/ATMR to remove those post to the other GM meet up thread? Thank you.
what happens if all the 5 that i picked gets drafted before my turn?..i mean i am number 16 on the 1st pic..so theoretically even i pic 15 for you, you could still end up with no draft for me, and if i am absent for say 3-4 days and this is the situation the draft will be on hold right?
Old August 8, 2012, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Lol...i saw it was coming ! Last thing i want to get people banned just because of some 'fantasy' league !
Old August 8, 2012, 12:08 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'm thinking about starting the draft with whoever we have. ATM we have -- Ajfar, Night_wolf, Maysun, Zunaid, ATMR, Kohli_Sox, Isnaad, Moc, Nadim, MSM_BC. That's 10 + half of BK and if Bengali_Pagol joins. If the rest of the people don't join or can't follow the plan as it is right now won't have to join us. So lets sleep on it tonight (or wake up for some), and restart the draft again tomorrow. If anyone else wants to join us can. Lets regroup in 10-12 hrs.

Please be here to draft your players. Thank you.
Old August 8, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
hehe dilscoop bhaia ki ektu control freak naki...hehe
Not at all. So far I have taken all the suggestions from everyone. Even going as far as reseting the draft order, resting teams, etc. But this is just too far. It's not that we don't like it, none of us can actually do what SNR is suggesting.

No matter how hard you try, you can't make a fantasy into a reality.
Old August 8, 2012, 12:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I'm thinking about starting the draft with whoever we have. ATM we have -- Ajfar, Night_wolf, Maysun, Zunaid, ATMR, Kohli_Sox, Isnaad, Moc, Nadim, MSM_BC. That's 10 + half of BK and if Bengali_Pagol joins. If the rest of the people don't join or can't follow the plan as it is right now won't have to join us. So lets sleep on it tonight (or wake up for some), and restart the draft again tomorrow. If anyone else wants to join us can. Lets regroup in 10-12 hrs.

Please be here to draft your players. Thank you.
Dude, can you give us the skinny? NO ONE will read 20 pages of a thread just to get the gist of it. Thanks!

• How do we play?
  • How do we select/draft players?
  • What are the tasks of a GM?
  • What do we win?
  • How do the games take place?
Yes, I know it's fantasy.

Old August 8, 2012, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Dude, can you give us the skinny? NO ONE will read 20 pages of a thread just to get the gist of it. Thanks!

• How do we play?
  • How do we select/draft players?
  • What are the tasks of a GM?
  • What do we win?
  • How do the games take place?
Yes, I know it's fantasy.
How difficult can it be? It's a league like the NFL/NBA/MLB etc with franchises funded by rich dudes and dudettes. GMs manage the team. Their task is to buy the best player money can buy during the draft period. Once the team is set - the GM will then pick the 11 to play a match. The matches will be run via a simulation. The factors impacting wins are based on the team (i.e. the players), the pitch, and the weather. There ...
Old August 8, 2012, 12:26 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
How difficult can it be? It's a league like the NFL/NBA/MLB etc with franchises funded by rich dudes and dudettes. GMs manage the team. Their task is to buy the best player money can buy during the draft period. Once the team is set - the GM will then pick the 11 to play a match. The matches will be run via a simulation. The factors impacting wins are based on the team (i.e. the players), the pitch, and the weather. There ...

So suppose certain MR.X has the 1st draft pick, and the Best Player in that draft is MR.Y..so MR.X can pick MR.Y from the draft since he has the 1st pick..But due to MR.Y's skills he has a high price and MR.X cant afford him..so in this case despite having the 1st draft pic MR.X cant draft MR.Y right?..i am talking about the NFL/NBA/MLB cases..since i dont follow this leagues i dont know anything about their system.

here in MLC this isn't the case i see, it was known that who ever got the 1st pick would get cris gayle and exactly thats what happened
Old August 8, 2012, 12:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Ki bhais...what is this?? Where is Tigers-Eye Bura bahi, koi Ajfar ? Ghumai naki lok-ta 24/7 like folks in old folks homes!! Where is my DRAFT?? I want my player, my first kheluwar!! I cannot pick because Sylhety Ajfar aar Tigers_EYe Miah bhai dadu bhai ghumaiteche!
Old August 8, 2012, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Hello CEO brother,

How much Cash do I have right now?
How much do these players cost?
Old August 8, 2012, 12:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Dekhun dekhun 21,000+ posts!!
Old August 8, 2012, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So suppose certain MR.X has the 1st draft pick, and the Best Player in that draft is MR.Y..so MR.X can pick MR.Y from the draft since he has the 1st pick..But due to MR.Y's skills he has a high price and MR.X cant afford him..so in this case despite having the 1st draft pic MR.X cant draft MR.Y right?..i am talking about the NFL/NBA/MLB cases..since i dont follow this leagues i dont know anything about their system.

here in MLC this isn't the case i see, it was known that who ever got the 1st pick would get cris gayle and exactly thats what happened
Yup. Now if you want to bring in the full complexity of a draft system - you'll need Dilscoop to do this as a full time effort ans use a simulator that endows the players with some AI. Once free agency starts - each player will act as a sentient entity - will the player negotiate a 1 year contract for a fixed price with the hope that next season he will be valued much higher. Or does he not risk it all and sign up for a multi-year contract?

How much money does each franchise have? Of course - based on the owners you can assume some but that also implies now you have to have a financial model to represent each owner and how much money is available towards the team.

All this and much more. Better to start off with a simplified system where we do not go into the financial complexities and assume all players can be acquired. So let's get through the draft and start the league. In between - if this is becoming popular we can start bringing in more complexities - only so far as it can be managed by a volunteer. I'm not aware of a simulator that does all of it.
Old August 8, 2012, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hello CEO brother,

How much Cash do I have right now?
How much do these players cost?
Nothing. Nothing. You can afford any player once the draft starts.
Old August 8, 2012, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:

NFL fantasy football for ex is a draft system, just like this. Just like any other normal fantasy games, our season one is going to be a draft system as well. We were going to use this to launch the league, get people to join and then start more auction based format to bring some challenges (If we ever do get to next season, it'd only be introduced if the players want it). But even then I never had a plan to make it all that complicated, esp after seeing how simple choosing coaches and staffs made it very confusing for some of the managers. It was all gonna be based on rough estimates.

But right now we are not going into the budget system. We are simply drafting at this point. Don't worry about the money right now. Just draft players that you like. I will also get rid the other stuff from the season just to make it very plain and simple. At this point I just want us to start the damn game. But if you do want auction instead of draft, right from this season, you can vote YES on SNR's plan on the other thread. I don't mind. I'm down if you guys are. I just wanna start.

Also, don't everyone get hang up on Gayle. Just like in real life, him alone won't win you the cup.

It's simple building your franchise. Build a strong cricket team for your city.
Old August 8, 2012, 01:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Haa Cholun cholun public...Traffic slow korey dien naa aar...Let's let ggo!! Hey what is 'Goh'? Goh...sounds like Gowhor Rizvi!! Or Gohobor!

Pick your draft people...now I am last, it only gets tougher and tougher!! Let's go people, pick yo playa!