facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 21, 2015, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Seems like our forum is a troll magnet thanks to the love for our cricket team around the world :p

Old February 26, 2015, 10:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Tonight, I am going to put all the rumors to a REST. I have been called a troll and banned because I called Akhsar Patel is better than Shakib Al Hassan. Really guys?

In a fan forum, there will be ofcourse difference of opinion as forums are meant to share views. You indeed ban someone if they are taking digs at others religion, caste, creed, sex etc. But not when someone says cricketer A is better than B.

And yes, I still believe Akhsar Patel is a better bowler than Shakib. As a batsman Shakib have an edge though. Both played in IPL together last year for their respective teams and Patel not only comprehensively beat Shakib but went on to become one of the leading wicket taker in the tournament. An epic IPL granted him an entry into the Indian national team and not a single batsman yet able to get on top of him. He is easily the best spinner in India at present but because the think tank wanted to go with experience, Jadeja was preferred over him in the 1st two games. Mind you Akhsar is only 20 and will only improve from here. A top spinner and will serve Indian cricket for a long time.

You know what real trolling is? When some users were saying - "We don't know who this Patel guy even is? Could not even find him in Google"

I mean really? Try and learn to respect good cricketers from all countries. And do not ban posters only because they think a certain spinner is better than your super hero Shakib.

I can challenge everyone that Akhsar Patel will overtake Shakib Al Hassan in a years time.
Old February 26, 2015, 11:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^Who is Akhar Patel?
Old February 26, 2015, 11:08 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^Who is Akhar Patel?
From Wiki:
Quote:
Axar Patel, also spelled as Akshar Patel,[3][4] (born 20 January 1994) is an Indian cricketer. ....

After excellent performance in the 2014 IPL, Axar was rewarded with a place in the Indian ODI squad for the tour to Bangladesh [9] and made his ODI debut in the first match of series at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium and took 1/59 runs.

Old February 26, 2015, 11:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^thanks. yeah impressive figures. better than shakib. in the league of imran khan and botham.
Old February 26, 2015, 11:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6

In a fan forum, there will be ofcourse difference of opinion as forums are meant to share views. You indeed ban someone if they are taking digs at others religion, caste, creed, sex etc.

You know what real trolling is? When some users were saying - "We don't know who this Patel guy even is? Could not even find him in Google"
The key here is that u are not a fan of Bangladesh Cricket. If you were a fan, then you wouldn't compare our most celebrated cricketer to some unknown IPL crap who is not even in the national side. If you were a fan then you would not visit this side during the losses when all the fans are hurting to rub it in.

I know what trolling is. It is having no life and plenty of time to go on foreign fan forums only to incite anger and hatred for some petty enjoyment.
Old February 26, 2015, 12:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Wait so this Austin guy got banned again? A little bit harsh don't you think?

I respect the mods and am sure you all do an awesome job but come on now.Disagreements are fun. A little bit of trolling is also fine [but thats just me]. You guys know better and don't need to give anyone a reason of why you banned him, but if he got banned just because he posted the message above..thats harsh.
Old February 26, 2015, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Some of them goes over the top and come here for fight. good if he's got ban.
Old February 26, 2015, 12:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Tonight, I am going to put all the rumors to a REST. I have been called a troll and banned because I called Akhsar Patel is better than Shakib Al Hassan. Really guys?

In a fan forum, there will be ofcourse difference of opinion as forums are meant to share views. You indeed ban someone if they are taking digs at others religion, caste, creed, sex etc. But not when someone says cricketer A is better than B.

And yes, I still believe Akhsar Patel is a better bowler than Shakib. As a batsman Shakib have an edge though. Both played in IPL together last year for their respective teams and Patel not only comprehensively beat Shakib but went on to become one of the leading wicket taker in the tournament. An epic IPL granted him an entry into the Indian national team and not a single batsman yet able to get on top of him. He is easily the best spinner in India at present but because the think tank wanted to go with experience, Jadeja was preferred over him in the 1st two games. Mind you Akhsar is only 20 and will only improve from here. A top spinner and will serve Indian cricket for a long time.

I mean really? Try and learn to respect good cricketers from all countries. And do not ban posters only because they think a certain spinner is better than your super hero Shakib.

I can challenge everyone that Akhsar Patel will overtake Shakib Al Hassan in a years time.
Okay I should have read what you wrote before saying the mods were harsh on you. You go to the Shakib thread and post one line. 'Akshar Patel is better'. One line. Then you get banned, rightly so and now you have time to come up with all this explanation.

And you don't even spell Axar properly? I don't care what Wiki has to say. Dude Axar is like th best thing since sliced bread...and you don't spell his name properly? He is better than the worlds number one all rounder in three formats and you don't spell his name properly. You deserve to be banned
Old February 27, 2015, 03:53 AM

Notice:

Anyone who baits trolls and disturbs The Force is also gonna get a piece of my light saber ban action!

- as mod
Old February 27, 2015, 04:29 AM
BC Editorial Team

Yes, Al and gang - stop feeding trolls!
Old February 27, 2015, 04:30 AM
Administrator

And stop trolling yourselves. You know who you are.
Old February 27, 2015, 10:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Stop banning my trolls! They generate activity in this forum. They're like hooters type attraction. I got a warning for having too much fun with them lol. Fair enough, but I think it's better to mess around with them than take them seriously. Austin won't be missed tho. He wasn't subtle.
Old February 27, 2015, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Yes, Al and gang - stop feeding trolls!
I think anyone whose name appears in the title of a troll thread should be given auto immunity no matter how he responds.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 27, 2015, 04:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Al Furqaan do you have Pathan ancestry :P
Old February 27, 2015, 07:14 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Al Furqaan do you have Pathan ancestry :P
Now that's trolling I can behind. And Donal, if you saw AF's pictures you'd know the only mixed ancestry you would consider for him would be Afro-Am. He's our resident brutha from another mutha ...

In other words, yes he has some Patha in him but no Pathan. LOL
Old February 27, 2015, 07:14 PM
BC Editorial Team

All you need to know about Pathas: http://doinik-iut.com/archives/15073
Old February 27, 2015, 07:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Now that's trolling I can behind. And Donal, if you saw AF's pictures you'd know the only mixed ancestry you would consider for him would be Afro-Am. He's our resident brutha from another mutha ...

In other words, yes he has some Patha in him but no Pathan. LOL
I think he's basing it on my post from the Zim forum where I stated that I am in fact an 8th generation descendent of a Pathan merchant who settled in Comilla.

And yes, even black people have acted surprised when they learn that I am not a fellow African-American. And I can't tell you how many times I was stopped by nurses in my South Side Chicago hospital last year that said to me "Oh, you look exactly like my nephew LaDonte" or "You look and sound so much like my uncle Wallace." Lets just say, I fit right in when I was in the hood. So much so that I went out of my way and grew my hair out to look more "indian" so that I wouldn't get gunned down by gangbangers due to mistaken identity.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 27, 2015, 07:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

Your 8 gen removed ancestor had some weak-assed Pathan genes That and as everyone knows, the brown gene is dominant baby! You just watch, the whole world will be beige eventually
Old February 27, 2015, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Your 8 gen removed ancestor had some weak-assed Pathan genes That and as everyone knows, the brown gene is dominant baby! You just watch, the whole world will be beige eventually
Haha...here in TN 2 out of every 3 Bengalis marries ey deshi (ie white). What is it like in the Bay Area with the youth?

Wow, how off topic has this thread gone.

Btw, Pathans can be brown...look at Mohammad Shehzad that short dark skinned AFG keeper from last year. He could pass for Tamil.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 27, 2015, 08:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I think he's basing it on my post from the Zim forum where I stated that I am in fact an 8th generation descendent of a Pathan merchant who settled in Comilla.

And yes, even black people have acted surprised when they learn that I am not a fellow African-American. And I can't tell you how many times I was stopped by nurses in my South Side Chicago hospital last year that said to me "Oh, you look exactly like my nephew LaDonte" or "You look and sound so much like my uncle Wallace." Lets just say, I fit right in when I was in the hood. So much so that I went out of my way and grew my hair out to look more "indian" so that I wouldn't get gunned down by gangbangers due to mistaken identity.
There is that, and the fact that anyone who criticizes Bangladesh invokes your wrath

Lord help anyone who criticizes Taskin
Old February 27, 2015, 10:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
There is that, and the fact that anyone who criticizes Bangladesh invokes your wrath

Lord help anyone who criticizes Taskin
Read my signature. What can I say...I'm a verbal sadist.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 3, 2015, 05:07 PM
Street Cricketer

I am a Pakistani, I promise I won't troll :P
Old March 3, 2015, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB.
Thank you.
Old March 3, 2015, 08:04 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB.
Welcome to BC. As for your promise, you don't have to make such promise. But don't do it for the sake of your account. And IDK why this forum is so anti-troll. Trolls are people too just more lonely than others.

I think Scotland is being troll by hiring our ex coach. If we have any Scottish members I say we ban them!