facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 11, 2011, 11:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem
Default How To Play For Bangladesh

I Want to know how to play for Bangladesh. I'm not going to join as I'm 13 and from the UK but was wandering how young kids could get into BD SQUAD

Old November 11, 2011, 12:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

11 gets into the squad. By the way they bowl and shots they play, I assume they are all kids. You have a very good chance!
Old November 11, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

you need to know politicans.. Politics can pave you the way to cricket. ONLY
Old November 11, 2011, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Just be a fast bowler. You'll be a hot shot.
Old November 11, 2011, 12:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Amla, Azhar, Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Just be a fast bowler. You'll be a hot shot.
Just be a fast bowler and play hot shots. You'll be a hot shot.

Yes, we all miss Mashrafe.
Old November 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
Club Cricketer

To be honest I'm not seriously thinking about it now. I don't want to be arrogant but im a good batsman who can shift gears. Good Ingeniuity.Decent Power Can Clear Ropes Easily on Leg Side and Off Side But need to work playing down the ground. I can also play the short ball which most Players can't and im good at hooking the ball. Need to work on Timing and can bowl off spin/leg spin and decent pace. Nowadays Pace about 86-90 Mph. i could be Shakib,Tamim and Mashrafe in one. I play for my school team. I worry about staying in Bangladesh all my life unless I could live in the UK and Play for them. You never know you may see me in a couple of years
Old November 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan_98
To be honest I'm not seriously thinking about it now. I don't want to be arrogant but im a good batsman who can shift gears. Good Ingeniuity.Decent Power Can Clear Ropes Easily on Leg Side and Off Side But need to work playing down the ground. I can also play the short ball which most Players can't and im good at hooking the ball. Need to work on Timing and can bowl off spin/leg spin and decent pace. Nowadays Pace about 86-90 Mph. i could be Shakib,Tamim and Mashrafe in one. I play for my school team. I worry about staying in Bangladesh all my life unless I could live in the UK and Play for them. You never know you may see me in a couple of years
If you are what you say you are, you fit perfectly in the current crop of batsmen playing for BD. I seriously doubt you can bowl 90mph (90kph) at the tender age of 13. i would say you have better chance to get in BD team as a batsman. Let me caution you against becoming an impulsive hooker (curb that instinct). Learn to drive (cover, on and off) and have the discipline to leave wide balls (in the off side). Most importantly, improve ion your footwork. I played for my school team and at that time powerfull areal shots earned my keeps in smallish cricket fields. But it did not cut at the higher levels. In other words, learn to be a boring batsman and people will be knocking at your door. See, if you can join one of the many cricket academies during your summer breaks. You may not learn much from them but al least make a few connections that might be usefull.
Old November 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
Club Cricketer

No I'm not saying I can bowl at 90Mph. I mean for a 13 Year old when i am set I can bowl the equivilant of 90 Mph top speed for a 13 year old and I do need to work on Footwork and Running between the wickets. The main thing is still where I live. I Have family in Syhlet. And can speak that type of bangali but I can't speak the other kind or read it anymore. I used to go to Bangla Classes. And I also go to a mosque So it would be hard. I am taking Hafiz course so after I learn the Q'uraan I might be able to. Wish me luck to learn the Q'uraan quick aswell
Old November 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

good luck
Old November 11, 2011, 02:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Actually I think I could make it as an all rounder. I have lots of different Variations to use So You never know I might go and play
Old November 11, 2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Your 13 and you bowl spin with a pace of 86-90mph?? dam we need you in Nat team right now..
Old November 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Your 13 and you bowl spin with a pace of 86-90mph?? dam we need you in Nat team right now..
I guess he meant he is good both in spin and pace and when ever he is pace bowling his speed is around 86-90 mph.
Old November 11, 2011, 03:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

A serious note... First go to a traial for a big team like abahani, brothers or some others. play league games first then get selected for under age teams and then academy then A and then think about national team. Starting u r career asking how to play for bd team is not a good way to start IMO
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

First thing first.

Do you have support from your family ?

Secondly if you are in UK

You are in the best place for learning your cricket. You just have to find the right club.

Most importantly.

If you follow Bangladesh Cricket you should know our lack of pace bowlers. If you can bowl fast keep doing it and use your spin bowling skills as variation.
Old November 11, 2011, 04:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Quote:
I Want to know how to play for Bangladesh. I'm not going to join as I'm 13 and from the UK but was wandering how young kids could get into BD SQUAD
Farhan, I would like to see you play for our national team someday, inshAllah. Keep up the hard-work and continue to improve. You can do it! We'll see you play at the national team in several years, inshAllah!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members shared some valuable advice that you can follow. Also, if you like you can contact coach Ian Pont. He is an active member in bc. He coached the national team in BD and he lives in UK.

Quote:
Posted by MohammedC

First thing first.

Do you have support from your family ?

Secondly if you are in UK

You are in the best place for learning your cricket. You just have to find the right club.

Most importantly.

If you follow Bangladesh Cricket you should know our lack of pace bowlers. If you can bowl fast keep doing it and use your spin bowling skills as variation.
Quote:
posted by akabir77

A serious note... First go to a traial for a big team like abahani, brothers or some others. play league games first then get selected for under age teams and then academy then A and then think about national team. Starting u r career asking how to play for bd team is not a good way to start IMO
well said. Network is really important...talents with hard-work and dedication is the key.

Quote:
Posted by LateCut

If you are what you say you are, you fit perfectly in the current crop of batsmen playing for BD. I seriously doubt you can bowl 90mph (90kph) at the tender age of 13. i would say you have better chance to get in BD team as a batsman. Let me caution you against becoming an impulsive hooker (curb that instinct). Learn to drive (cover, on and off) and have the discipline to leave wide balls (in the off side). Most importantly, improve ion your footwork. I played for my school team and at that time powerfull areal shots earned my keeps in smallish cricket fields. But it did not cut at the higher levels. In other words, learn to be a boring batsman and people will be knocking at your door. See, if you can join one of the many cricket academies during your summer breaks. You may not learn much from them but al least make a few connections that might be usefull.
Old November 11, 2011, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Edge every other ball and score a 100 every decade. You will have a career spanning 170+ games. Can you do it?
Old November 11, 2011, 06:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Yes....say you are not good enough. Can you handle the rejection? Key is to love the game. Newcomers like Elias Sunny have been playing for years and had gone through rigor before getting the nod. It's not easy. Yes we lampoon our players but to get to that certain stage is not a cakewalk. Lot of hard work is needed.

On the other hand, you are young. You live in UK so you have certain advantage of playing with some of the best foreign bowlers in different condition. Also, as Mock bhai said you need to have at least some sort of financial support. If the road leads to cul-de-sac you need to fall back on something unless you are a prodigy and you know you will make it to the top.

These are the realities. I don't want to discourage you but neither I want to lull you into false sense of insecurity. And never ever give up EVEN if the RRR is 36.01.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 11, 2011, 06:55 PM
Club Cricketer

When I say 86-90 Mph I don't mean actual 86-90 Mph which is Fastish and I bowl Fastish for a 13 Year Old Thanks for the support guys but I'd like to stay in the Uk. If i Could stay in the UK and play I would be interested.

It all started in 2006 when I was bored in Bangladesh my Grandad (R.I.P) didn't have cable and they only had BTV. I only understood the cricket and the 10Pm News ever since then I have always been watching Bangladesh.

And Back-Up Plan-Finance I'm Alright on both of those. If I Seriously Consider this I would've picked to be a Pilot or a F1 Driver and My Dad owns a company IN BD so wer'e good Finanicaly.
Old November 11, 2011, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Why not upload some video footage of your cricketing skill
Old November 12, 2011, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If I lived in the UK, I'd rather try to play for Eng than Ban. Just being honest...
Old November 12, 2011, 12:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

All the best ...
Old November 12, 2011, 02:19 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Ok.. If you want to be a fast bowler.. Then hard time is waiting for you in here bd.. Club teams usually play with 1 or 2 pacer(maximum).. If you want to be a all rounder or a batsman then it'll be much easier to get notice..
First get admit in some club like kalabhagan,abahoni,dhanmondi etc etc.. Do net practice with them regularly.. If you can impress there you'll get picked for them as well as you'll have the chance to play in 2nd divison also.. Getting contracts is not that much difficult now a days..but get chance to be in the starting XI thats really tough.. You'll have to just wait and wait and wait for the chance to play if you dont have connection with any well known politicians or club officials here..

But again if you play as a batsman or all rounder it wont be that much tough to play..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 12, 2011, 05:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Guys I have heard Politicians are Important for me to get into a team but can someone tell me why?
Old November 12, 2011, 06:27 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

^To Get into a team you dont need anyone.. To get into playing XI you need that.. Even if you dont have anyone..dont worry.. You'll have to wait a litte more than usual..thats it..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 12, 2011, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

u are a sylhetti residing in the UK currently?