facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you want Ian Pont as head coach?
Yes 49 49.49%
No 30 30.30%
50-50 15 15.15%
Some one else(Please mention name) 5 5.05%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
DG is basically All Pakistani Team....they need to start hunting new players...since Pakistanis won't be available next year ..
My question is- If Pakstars kindly break their promise and play in BPL will India grant them visa?

Old April 22, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
My question is- If Pakstars kindly break their promise and play in BPL will India grant them visa?
There is no ban oN Pak players visa....they can do whatever they want with domestic leagues or bilateral series.... But they have nothing to do in any ICC event. ..they can only opt to not to be host for the event.

Anyway, Azhar Mahmudur is playing in IPL..may be with his British Passport...
Old April 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I think it would be wonderful if Coach pont could guide the Bd Nationals as a head coach, I think he would bring a lot of good energy back into the team. I also think he would be more involved with the cricket in Bd, selection process and talent hunt kind of things and would al;ways be looking out for not only the national team but who is out there within the political perimeter of the country who play good cricket. I think he is very very interested in the Bangladesh cricket life and cricket that generates from Bd. I get so inspire injected by this coach's dedication, sense of bonding with Bangladesh, just by his sheer presence in BC. I wish he could be the Tigers' next head coach, I will pray for that.
Old April 23, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

F Yeah! That would be the smart thing to do, which explains why it won't happen. Welcome to (G'eram) Lipupura, (Thana) Tutla, (Zyala) Loittia, Bangladesh.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ Here he goes with the nicks. At least you gave us hints this time around.
Old April 23, 2012, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^^ Here he goes with the nicks. At least you gave us hints this time around.
Mondrian is to a tree as Sonara is to an abstraction of a phoneme to invisibility.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 24, 2012, 12:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

yes and no one cares about our cricket more than Ian, Richard McKins and late Burlow and he has through knowledge about our limited infrastructure and mind set.
Old April 24, 2012, 02:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

No offence, but I don't really consider him to be our head coach. We need a professional experienced man. So far I know Ian Pont is a bowler. We need a head coach who is a batsmen/has skills in batting.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:19 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
No offence, but I don't really consider him to be our head coach. We need a professional experienced man. So far I know Ian Pont is a bowler. We need a head coach who is a batsmen/has skills in batting.
Actually Ian Pont does have a Level 3 coaching certification from UKCC ECB which means he can coach all three departments. He definitely knows more about fast bowling but that does not mean he knows nothing about the other departments.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Actually Ian Pont does have a Level 3 coaching certification from UKCC ECB which means he can coach all three departments. He definitely knows more about fast bowling but that does not mean he knows nothing about the other departments.
Really?! I didn't know that a 1st bowler had any idea about batting.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Really?! I didn't know that a 1st bowler had any idea about batting.
He started his career as a batting all rounder. He is a coach first and foremost with level 3 certification. Definitely qualified.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
He started his career as a batting all rounder. He is a coach first and foremost with level 3 certification. Definitely qualified.
By the way, what's Level 3 Certification?
Old April 24, 2012, 03:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
By the way, what's Level 3 Certification?
you have a very important tool at your disposal called Google. Kindly look it up.

Old April 24, 2012, 04:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

yup. i want him as the head coach. thats simple dont want to go for arguments. i just like his attitude AS A COACH

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 24, 2012, 02:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

I asked him during the pakistan bangladesh final what would he suugest to Mushi if he was the coach for the last over..
He said bringing Mahmudullah instead of Sharapova...
That's a cricketing brain that needed to be developed for all the players as what to do in what situatioin and not get carried away and go jumping up and down with one or two matches...
I am y be wrong

Last edited by reverse_swing; May 5, 2012 at 01:34 PM..
Old May 5, 2012, 01:32 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Do you think this result would still stand now knowing ganguly, wright, donald, siddons, jurgensen, newell, nielsen (name any other Aussie you can think of) plus all IPL coaches might be mentioned at various/all times by BCB or "sources close the the board'?

Still waiting for that call from President who wanted me back in BD when he spoke to me at BPL.

The one consistent thing I have realised about BD is the fan base - loyal loyal loyal. You deserve better and I hope you get the best coach available.
Old May 5, 2012, 09:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Do you think this result would still stand now knowing ganguly, wright, donald, siddons, jurgensen, newell, nielsen (name any other Aussie you can think of) plus all IPL coaches might be mentioned at various/all times by BCB or "sources close the the board'?

Still waiting for that call from President who wanted me back in BD when he spoke to me at BPL.

The one consistent thing I have realised about BD is the fan base - loyal loyal loyal. You deserve better and I hope you get the best coach available.
It will stand still. We want a competent coach who knows bangladeshi cricket and is passionate about bangladeshi cricket. You fit in it!If you love the bunch of folks that you might coach and want them to be prepared for future, why don't you call the President with authority (I know it should be other way around, but....)? You possess some rights over others as you coached them couple of times.
Old May 5, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I would prefer someone who has the passion, showed his success and can work with the local players effectively... And Ian definitely exceeds that by all means. However, I think due to our boards miopic view of only hiring for batting Head Coach, he isnt being considered (yet). But I think our management team is always looking for a sensation a drama or something that will 'wow' the reporters or crowd... Lets see what they come up with next month...
Old May 6, 2012, 01:10 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont

Dont wait for BCB, i suggest you contact with BCB, just one call will put you in along with other applicants..i know it should be other way around but i doubt BCB even knows if you are interested now..its not your fault its theirs, So rather then waiting for BCB you make the 1st contact
Old May 6, 2012, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Dont wait for BCB, i suggest you contact with BCB, just one call will put you in along with other applicants..i know it should be other way around but i doubt BCB even knows if you are interested now..its not your fault its theirs, So rather then waiting for BCB you make the 1st contact
Oh, they know. They read BC. They may not like what they read, but they do read. They may even laugh at us - engaging so much of our energies in discussions that will in the end have no impact with the BCB. Not in spite of the fact that, as custodians of the game in Bangladesh and tasked with the its governance and fostering the expansion and development of the game, they should realize that the game exists in the country because the fan-base exists. Simple business logic - if you ignore your clients, your product will fail.
Old May 6, 2012, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Oh, they know. They read BC. They may not like what they read, but they do read. They may even laugh at us - engaging so much of our energies in discussions that will in the end have no impact with the BCB. Not in spite of the fact that, as custodians of the game in Bangladesh and tasked with the its governance and fostering the expansion and development of the game, they should realize that the game exists in the country because the fan-base exists. Simple business logic - if you ignore your clients, your product will fail.
Wow i never knew that. This is amazing.

Hi Lotus Kamal
Old May 6, 2012, 02:25 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Some of the BCB officials do follow bro. At least I can assure you, one of them (a top ex-official, and a distant uncle of mine) is well aware of BC

Last edited by riankhan; May 6, 2012 at 06:08 AM..
Old May 6, 2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I absolutely would support him as a Head Coach. I like his knowledge and approach to problems.

He likes to promote himself, but I am willing to live with that. Results are the most important and I have a feeling that Pont can deliver.
I just love Ian's passion for the Tigers
Old May 6, 2012, 03:20 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I just love Ian's passion for the Tigers
Thanks bhai.

I have always said that I have unfinished business in Bangladesh. Had I have stayed, I would have been in place for 19 months now and we could have had that pace academy cranked up and running by now - developing pace bowlers on a production line.

I loved the BPL as HC. Plus the fans in Bangladesh are awesome.

For me, it is much more than just a job or a stepping stone on the CV, as it is often is for others.

I always wish Bangladesh Cricket well. There is so much more that can be done
Old May 6, 2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Simple business logic - if you ignore your clients, your product will fail.
IF only Mr. Kamal & Co. knew it ^^^