facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 30, 2014, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
anyways i bought some nke, mastercard for my 1 year old investor ...
VIsa beats street estimates due to increased card swipes which in turn dragged up Mastercard as well..... 1 year old made more money than me last week .. ~ 10% gain in a week why not... NOt a bad start

Old October 31, 2014, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
haha LAKE crashed today. these are momentum stocks, it doesn't go up and down based on earnings or cash balances. just pure speculation..
LAKE acuteally surged 25% yesterday and up premarket as well. It reported orders of 1 million.. It makes sense, the ebola fear it self would cause increase in demand as all the hospitals would need to be equipped with the gear just in case.... You don't necessarily need to have a widespread of the disease, which I don't think will happen. SO regardless they make money..

I didn't do enough research or thinking and misread... just did a late night look up.

I call any stock with <100 million market cap a penny stock as they tend to unreasonably fluctuate on thin news...

Would I personally buy the stock.. NO.. is there significant money to be made for the bold and reasonable ... YES...

I will still be following it time to time....

Overall the premarket suggest today will be an up day.. Market will reach all time high..... my plan was to sell at this point but fed fear has been neutralized, so I am not so sure.... I have in the past made costly mistakes when I am home doing nothing and was trigger happy trying to time everything....still having hard time being disiplined...

Regretting not putting more money during that mini panic crash, somewhat foresaw the sell off coming, rebound was too quick to go all in, was planning to get in incremently. I think I am not aggressive enough, sometimes too conservative... will go no where in life with that. No risk no reward...

Old October 31, 2014, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
anyone long the USD?
hey G man making money? USD on fire

teach us... engage us......
Old October 31, 2014, 10:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
LAKE acuteally surged 25% yesterday and up premarket as well. It reported orders of 1 million.. It makes sense, the ebola fear it self would cause increase in demand as all the hospitals would need to be equipped with the gear just in case.... You don't necessarily need to have a widespread of the disease, which I don't think will happen. SO regardless they make money..

I didn't do enough research or thinking and misread... just did a late night look up.

I call any stock with <100 million market cap a penny stock as they tend to unreasonably fluctuate on thin news...

Would I personally buy the stock.. NO.. is there significant money to be made for the bold and reasonable ... YES...

I will still be following it time to time....

Overall the premarket suggest today will be an up day.. Market will reach all time high..... my plan was to sell at this point but fed fear has been neutralized, so I am not so sure.... I have in the past made costly mistakes when I am home doing nothing and was trigger happy trying to time everything....still having hard time being disiplined...

Regretting not putting more money during that mini panic crash, somewhat foresaw the sell off coming, rebound was too quick to go all in, was planning to get in incremently. I think I am not aggressive enough, sometimes too conservative... will go no where in life with that. No risk no reward...
agh orphy what a miss this was. A lot of stocks became so cheap during that time and now only 2 weeks later they all gained at least 5-6% and some even more. But I don't know how long this rally will last. I became green in most of my holdings but don't want to sell yet coz it keeps going up everyday.

But I will set aside some money now for the next dip. It has been a wild market.
Old October 31, 2014, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

It is only a miss beacause i wasnt aggressive enough. Even if i am 100% convinced about something, I would never go all in, thats my inherent personality problem

I didnt think market would recover in a V like that, hence gone in slowly, would have brought more slowly and it actually surprised me market went up with tapeing of QE which only means market don't give F about QE, it's all stellar earning driving market up.... that was the only hindrance/doubt...

Next driving down market fear will still be interest rates, otherwise it's all clear, no reason for stocks to not keep going higher with majority of company's beating earnings...

I will buy on pull backs.... and again I will not go all in cuz I just can't get my self to do it.... it's a mental block.

but hey something is better than nothing....
Old November 5, 2014, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Since I have all the time in the world now with my unemployment, i will occsasionally post my trigger happy trades when I am idle. For a kid friendly portfolio.

I got lucky with Mastercard. There are some chart activity going on today, pattern suggestive of a break out, I think this is the reason why it is higher today than index, if it sustains, great, if not then I will sell and later try to buy it again in pull back.. yeah i know i know trying to time things.... 17% unrealized gain so far in a very short time ...need to lock that.

Nike : was a dumb purchase, laggin market, up at 4% so far since my purchase, I don't need to free up cash so i will leave it there...

Contemplating buying disney prior to earning, I know it will be positive, only thing is will it be positive enough to justify the valuation, personally i think it will. Lot of good things going on with this cool company. Resistence at 85 and 80..so downside potential of atleast 5% (80) if market dont like what they hear...to 11% (unlikely at 80). Down today due to profit taking prior to earnings from recent run up.
Old November 5, 2014, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Since I have all the time in the world now with my unemployment, i will occsasionally post my trigger happy trades when I am idle. For a kid friendly portfolio.

I got lucky with Mastercard. There are some chart activity going on today, pattern suggestive of a break out, I think this is the reason why it is higher today than index, if it sustains, great, if not then I will sell and later try to buy it again in pull back.. yeah i know i know trying to time things.... 17% unrealized gain so far in a very short time ...need to lock that.

Nike : was a dumb purchase, laggin market, up at 4% so far since my purchase, I don't need to free up cash so i will leave it there...

Contemplating buying disney prior to earning, I know it will be positive, only thing is will it be positive enough to justify the valuation, personally i think it will. Lot of good things going on with this cool company. Resistence at 85 and 80..so downside potential of atleast 5% (80) if market dont like what they hear...to 11% (unlikely at 80). Down today due to profit taking prior to earnings from recent run up.
got milk? er price ekhon kombe. (not chiruni) karon milk khawa ekhon nished. yeah it's dangerous now. so...
Old November 6, 2014, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok bought disney at 2 dollars higher than the entry point i could have had yesterday contemplating too much.. My motto now is... F it, and Do it, don't think it..... Earning call end of market close today.

rash decision like this usually results in pain but it's disney for God sake, what's the worse that's gonna happen 10% loss? will see... Will likely average down my cost of purchase with more should it go down....

only fear is expectation is too high and element of surprise is not there so upward swing will be minimal if any.... it's actually upon disney to beat the already significantly higher earning estimate set for them from a year prior.

But hey this is how i see it if i am gonna go see every marvel movies and all disney affiliated movie and then spend thousands of dollars visiting their park i wanna piece of that..for years to come.
Old November 6, 2014, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

disappointed didnt go the way i wanted.... ah well....

also should have bought baba as a momentum play, was thinking of that too... 1 week return of 11% already. . i reckhon baba might go up to 120. but ami kinlei its gonna reverse...

such is life..
Old November 18, 2014, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
also should have bought baba as a momentum play, was thinking of that too... 1 week return of 11% already. . i reckhon baba might go up to 120. but ami kinlei its gonna reverse...

such is life..
Baba reversed after going guess what to exactly 120. Look at the 52 week high. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BABA

the one that i don't play is the one that works out the way i think...(and apparently everyone else).

anyways US market doing well,rest of the world doing poorly...... USD is stronger than ever... oil prices are cheaper than ever ... US is rich again..

I sitll have some money on the sideline, can't find a single stock that I like at these prices...

Stocks research now feels a lot like looking to purchase a house near my area... they are all over valued POS..

Recently bough Michael Kors (kors) .. I see everyone carrying MLK bag, only problem is CEO recently said sales down due to low foot traffic in Malls (excuses), stock was punished a bit... Betting on it to stay relevant in fashion....

Women fashion is a very profitable place to be if the trend can be caught early. For example coach bags (COH), was a great stock, now it is garbage as the brand is falling out of fashion. I think same maybe happening to Michael kors but what else are women buying?? L Brand (victoria secret) is stil relevant and will be but they are all time high....
Old November 18, 2014, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I wanna know what women are buying, what's cool and what company makes them.....Help me out all the player of BC.
Old November 19, 2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Recently bough Michael Kors (kors) .. I see everyone carrying MLK bag, only problem is CEO recently said sales down due to low foot traffic in Malls (excuses), stock was punished a bit... Betting on it to stay relevant in fashion....

Women fashion is a very profitable place to be if the trend can be caught early. For example coach bags (COH), was a great stock, now it is garbage as the brand is falling out of fashion. I think same maybe happening to Michael kors but what else are women buying?? L Brand (victoria secret) is stil relevant and will be but they are all time high....
I live in an island that is fully detached from the modern world you live in. Suckiest place to live in as retail investors here!

Anyway interesting point re: Michael Kors. Lately been seeing Michael Kors and Raymond Weil to rebound as high street brands. (Raymond Weil has always been there, but their brand value is rebounding compared to before). If Michael Kors is down today because of the market punishing it, maybe get in on the stock and stick with it for a bit still. Christmas season is just starting out, and in the next one year revenues from China and Asia will dictate how the brand is performing. Wait till they declare quarterly profits after January.
Old November 19, 2014, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I live in an island that is fully detached from the modern world you live in. Suckiest place to live in as retail investors here!
Dude you are always moving, where do you live now? Australia right? UGG boots? There are other sector than retail, airlines doing well.

Thank you for your reply. Retail sector that relies on Mall traffic aren't really doing that well actually. The mother of all retail Macys recently cut its future outlook. Urban outfitters just crashed yesterday due to poor sales.

There are few companies still doing well despite this phenomenon, shift of generation that do not go to the malls to hangout anymore instead they are on facebook, twitter and instagram.

The company that can stay relevant in this change of generation psyche/behavior will only do well. There are only two ways of doing that

1) Make people come to your store with user experience ..
2) Dominate Online (figure out a way to be cool in the online space).

Every single stock on earth is at their 52 week high, the ones that are lagging are these type of stocks with some problems. So my thinking was similar to yours, KORS is my retail play during this shopping season but over long term, I am not too bullish on them.

Given what I wrote above, the retailer that dominates online is amazon. I almost pulled the trigger on Amazon as my retail play, when it was down after quarterly report at 290. I am 1000 percent bullish on amazon as a retailer. What I don't like about them is that the think they are a technology company. I am 90% bearesh on them as a technology company. Their only success so far was I think kindle, and then apple came and kicked their ***. Their cloud service made sense, but microsoft I think is kicking their butt in that sector. Fire phone has been a failure. Now they came up with ECHO, which i am certain will be a failure too. I was waiting for it to come down a little more but stock like always have started to recover and now is up close to 15% since that level. So in hindsight i should have pulled the triggr. But it will shed off again after next earnings call

anyways don't get me excited, I might start writing essays like vladmamu...

and where is ajfar, he vanished after mentioning the greatest stock of 2013 in this thread....Quit while u are ahead...?
Old November 20, 2014, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I should have documented this yesterday but I made a trade yesterday. Didn't cuz not too much interest here.

Yesterday morning when target, lowes and staple reported, they all beat and each stock went up on average 5 to 10%.

So I looked up all the earnings report for companies yesterday and today... And looked for companies that I can recognize.

I recognized quiet a few but I decided to gamble on best buy (somewhat beat up) , good company, bad timing for brick on mortar...gambled on holiday projection.

Bought shares at 35.1 yesterday. Saw the price this morning, logged in and sold at 38 dollars with a nice 8% gain.

It's still rising however... went past 38 now... ah well...

boyaaahhhh....
Old November 21, 2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:
IBought shares at 35.1 yesterday. Saw the price this morning, logged in and sold at 38 dollars with a nice 8% gain.

It's still rising however... went past 38 now... ah well...

boyaaahhhh....
See, in response to your previous reply to me, I'm in Oz, and for retail investors it $20 per trade. I dont have the volume (read funds) to make a trade where a rise from 35 to 38 brings in a nice gain. After $40 in fees for trades in one stock within 24 hours, it starts to wear down on the wallet. Now if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to play with, maybe I could have.

Secondly we dont have access to stocks on the NYSE that we can trade directly. At most index funds. Which means no access to the breadth of stocks and companies that are generally household names in the US (and by extension the world). Local ASX 50 companies are there, but they do tend to move slowly compared to NYSE stocks, so the volume and the price tends to be a bit sticky. It's just not as good for daytrading or short term trading here.

Even Canada wasnt this bad, I remember TD would over CAD7 trades, with access to US markets.
Old December 6, 2014, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Ammar I agree, trading costs should be below <.5% atleast.

I think I did pretty well past month and a half... was able to extract ~12% including trading costs compared to s&p of 5% over the same period.... And I believe I haven't taken unreasonable risks....very negligible I would say....

Even my best buy (bby) play went well... I sold within a day at 38 after buying at 35... for a moment had second thought as it ran to close to 40.. but it crashed back to 35 now.... So overall was a good move.

My only regret I am too conservative with the amount of money I play with....

Anyways, anyone over the age of 21 should be heavily invested in the stock market regardless of the economic situation...My 2 cent... I can gurantee you over next 20 years, u will not regret it for a second... in fact your regret will be the opposite, why u didn't put more..... And it is that latter egret that bothers me a lot acutally...
Old December 8, 2014, 12:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Ammar I agree, trading costs should be below <.5% atleast.

I think I did pretty well past month and a half... was able to extract ~12% including trading costs compared to s&p of 5% over the same period.... And I believe I haven't taken unreasonable risks....very negligible I would say....

Even my best buy (bby) play went well... I sold within a day at 38 after buying at 35... for a moment had second thought as it ran to close to 40.. but it crashed back to 35 now.... So overall was a good move.

My only regret I am too conservative with the amount of money I play with....

Anyways, anyone over the age of 21 should be heavily invested in the stock market regardless of the economic situation...My 2 cent... I can gurantee you over next 20 years, u will not regret it for a second... in fact your regret will be the opposite, why u didn't put more..... And it is that latter egret that bothers me a lot acutally...

over one's lifetime yes the stock market will most likely be higher, but i think it would be irresponsible tell someone to just go full throttle at any point in time. There's a lot of risks to consider...volatility can be fatal for the sophisticated investor let alone the common folk.
Old December 8, 2014, 02:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
over one's lifetime yes the stock market will most likely be higher, but i think it would be irresponsible tell someone to just go full throttle at any point in time. There's a lot of risks to consider...volatility can be fatal for the sophisticated investor let alone the common folk.
I will completely disagree with you. Your average folks here will not be able to predict when the market will likely go down and when it will go up....therefore they need a game plan that is simple and fool proof....

A lot of people missed one of the greatest recovery past 6 years because of this mentality.. considering market volatility..

Market volatility matters for short term investors.. not long term investors...

When you say "full throttle", no 20 year old has the amount of money a 40 year old has accrued. I think there should be target... Once you save certain amount of money, you jump in... and then you start saving again.. jump in.. save again.. jump.. in increment....there are time u will buy high and time u will buy low... it's the self disciplined that will be winners....

And I stand by what I said...

In fact if I hadn't sold a single stock in my life that I have purchased over the years... I would be doing very welll right now.......

Problem with 20 year old and new to market is their unrealistic goals... they want to double their money in a week....but they need to understand if you have enough capital, even 1% gain can be a LOT.

And the only way a young person get high capital early is to save all they can (assuming no financial help from family or anywhere else)....

22 year old graduate from college earns 70K or so a year.... live in parents basement and save 80% of that and invest monthly for the next 8 years...that's your quarter million dollar cash there purely from saving... and you should be hyper aggressive from age 20 to 30.... if u lose all.. whatever...there is a chance u can make > a mil but after 30 and specially 40 it gets a little tricky..

I also support innovation, venturing into risky real businesses, staying single for this 20 to 30 age group....
Old December 8, 2014, 05:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I will completely disagree with you. Your average folks here will not be able to predict when the market will likely go down and when it will go up....therefore they need a game plan that is simple and fool proof....

A lot of people missed one of the greatest recovery past 6 years because of this mentality.. considering market volatility..

Market volatility matters for short term investors.. not long term investors...

When you say "full throttle", no 20 year old has the amount of money a 40 year old has accrued. I think there should be target... Once you save certain amount of money, you jump in... and then you start saving again.. jump in.. save again.. jump.. in increment....there are time u will buy high and time u will buy low... it's the self disciplined that will be winners....

And I stand by what I said...

In fact if I hadn't sold a single stock in my life that I have purchased over the years... I would be doing very welll right now.......

Problem with 20 year old and new to market is their unrealistic goals... they want to double their money in a week....but they need to understand if you have enough capital, even 1% gain can be a LOT.

And the only way a young person get high capital early is to save all they can (assuming no financial help from family or anywhere else)....

22 year old graduate from college earns 70K or so a year.... live in parents basement and save 80% of that and invest monthly for the next 8 years...that's your quarter million dollar cash there purely from saving... and you should be hyper aggressive from age 20 to 30.... if u lose all.. whatever...there is a chance u can make > a mil but after 30 and specially 40 it gets a little tricky..

I also support innovation, venturing into risky real businesses, staying single for this 20 to 30 age group....

When you say invest, do you mean buy outright stocks?

I don't think people missed out whilst considering market volatility. vol has been dropping for years, so people should be in the markets, but like you say, they're not. I think the reason for that is they didn't know markets can climb a wall worry, amongst other things. I think it's their own mental barriers stopping people from investing, not vol.

'losing all' shouldn't be an option be if your game plan is 'fool proof'. there is no fool proof game plan. if you're going to use this warren buffet like strategy like you're outlining, then yeah it most probably will work over the lifetime if you have the funds and the stomach to digest the rough rides in the middle.
Old December 8, 2014, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

No I don't mean outright stocks but stocks are the easiest ones...for lazy ppl.. running a solid business is a lot of work..

WHen I said fool proof, I meant given enough time and repetition, you will be positive no matter what... It had happened past 100 years, it will happen the next 100.

My thikning is different in that i believe 20 to 30 years old are where the foundation for money making should be in place but normally it is always the 40 year old trying new things.....

I think one should enjoy their early middle years...rather than late....

the 10 years spanning 20 to 30 are the most wasted years in our generation... then at 30 u pee in private properties revolting against 1% and expect your government to hand you a lifestyle parrallel to prince williams while having skills sets of a rickshawpuller...Talk about entitlement...
Old December 8, 2014, 10:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

if you're into long term investing, you can check out options that expire in in the late years up to 2020, in europe mostly...great value on blue chip stocks..
Old December 15, 2014, 04:45 PM
Cricket Guru

NY Wonder kid makes 17m..how it is possible?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2045346

But Yahoo thinks it's not possible http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AvhcqNo7D...A8wVov1SrCol8-
Old December 15, 2014, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

This guy deserves a thread of his own. He is legit. Wasn't he mentioned here before somewhere. He is everything every teenager should at least try to emulate. Hats off to you....
Old December 15, 2014, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

ssh Bhai its possible...there are many sophisticated trading that can yield astronomical returns..... playing on margins...trading contracts etc etc.....

This guy is obviously not one time pony.....
Old December 15, 2014, 08:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

sophisticated systems there may be, but I don't think it would be available to a 17 yr old kid. or maybe did it through this 'investment partner'.

returns can be astronomical, but this just sounds fishy...