facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 20, 2014, 12:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

No need to panic. The real events are coming up -- the Asia Cup and the World T20. These games should be treated like warmups. We could've beaten SL in 3 out of 4 matches. That's a good consistent performance. This is the only match we have been completely outplayed. But even SL were 67/8 in the previous match. Did they panic and throw everyone out of the team? No. Neither should Bangladesh.

Old February 20, 2014, 12:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virat Kohli

We should do more catching practice.Every single matches we are dropping catches since Gazi started the trend.
Old February 20, 2014, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by t20lover
We should do more catching practice.Every single matches we are dropping catches since Gazi started the trend.
gazi tumi boroyee pazi.
Old February 20, 2014, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Everything is fine! We just need to perform in Asia Cup and not slip up in T20s. Btw is Tamim actually injured? We need him to be on song for Asia Cup.
Old February 20, 2014, 07:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Win the 3rd ODI of the series, move on to Asia cup. Need to win the 3rd ODI for morale boosting and to inject some mental energy in the team which seem's very low ATM!
Old February 20, 2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
No need to panic. The real events are coming up -- the Asia Cup and the World T20. These games should be treated like warmups. We could've beaten SL in 3 out of 4 matches. That's a good consistent performance. This is the only match we have been completely outplayed. But even SL were 67/8 in the previous match. Did they panic and throw everyone out of the team? No. Neither should Bangladesh.

But leave out TI, Mominul, Miullah and Gazi for the 3rd ODI
Old February 21, 2014, 01:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I will forgive the team for the emotional roller-coaster if they win the Asia Cup.
Old February 21, 2014, 01:49 PM

I think we need to have 3 separate teams. Our players are bad at changing gear. Thus, players from the T20 team should not be in the test team and vice versa. The only two exceptions are Mushy and Shamsur.

Shahadat should not be within a mile of any of the teams.
Old February 21, 2014, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I think we need to have 3 separate teams. Our players are bad at changing gear. Thus, players from the T20 team should not be in the test team and vice versa. The only two exceptions are Mushy and Shamsur.

Shahadat should not be within a mile of any of the teams.
You have played a top shot!
Old February 21, 2014, 04:57 PM

My family has an answer to "what now?" Watching my somber mood, they are quiet around me.
Old February 21, 2014, 05:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tamim is going to slot back in automatically when they feel he's fit enough, when that happens i'd drop mominul and either put anamul or naeem at #3. when shakib's ban is over we should put him down at #7, i feel like i'm disrespecting shakib's talent just by saying it but his batting mentality is not one of a middle order batsman atm.

i think we have better options than mominul at #3 in ODIs atm, jsut because he's been doing awesome in tests doesn't mean he has to be playing in every format, he's played 14 matches for an average of 22 in ODIs and still doesn't look comfortable in the format, we have mushy in great form who is our best batsman technically plus he seems the most mature minded in terms of batting at least, anamul is in pretty good form with his 50+ in the t20 and 40+ in the 2nd ODI and he actually looks decent in ODIs (whereas he doesn't in tests, just because he doesn't look good and hasn't performed in tests doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the one-day team). we've got naeem on the sidelines and some inform domestic players (i know not everyone agrees but to me shuvagata showed promise in his ODIs and he's in great form atm).

why are we stuck on mominul? just because he made runs in tests, that's all. awesome that he's doing great in tests but that shouldn't get a player an automatic pass for every format.
Old February 21, 2014, 05:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

What now? Time to brace for the storm to come. IT'S just the calm before the storm,. Every one is disoriented at the moment, running helter skelter. Brace yourselves for the Asia Cup.

Bangladesh couldn't have find a better time to start imploding and certain players start showing signs of laziness and inappropriate behaviors. The end is near. I can see the darkness.

Bangladesh team open up your eyes, because everything would look like they make sense when your awake. Stop dreaming Bangladesh team, Wake Up, Wake Up,Wake Up!!!!!!
Old February 22, 2014, 09:52 AM

I am seriously thinking about becoming an ex-fan. The only problem is that I cannot. These have been among the worst days I can remember of our cricket. In addition to the other things (planning, preparation, and execution), our players have re-contracted an old disease, "ki honu re!"

I am not in favor of wholesale purging, but some significant changes have to happen. Especially if the disappointing run continues through the Asia Cup.
Old February 22, 2014, 12:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
These have been among the worst days I can remember of our cricket. In addition to the other things (planning, preparation, and execution), our players have re-contracted an old disease, "ki honu re!"

I am not in favor of wholesale purging, but some significant changes have to happen. Especially if the disappointing run continues through the Asia Cup.
Well, when you are down, as the Bangladesh team has been lately, only thing that could happen to you is that you will have an opportunity to rise tomorrow. Dropped catches, batters not converting 30's into 50's, irresponsible top order relying on middle order to make up for them, and folding under pressure are the symptoms indicating the lowest ebb of BD's performance since 2011.fficeffice" />
I feel that the upcoming Asia Cup cannot be any worse than the just finished ODI series with S-Lanka.

Shakib and Tamim exhibited behaviors that are not normally expected of them, i.e., throwing their wickets by playing unnecessary shots at the wrong time and inducing a subsequent collapse (i.e., Shakib's out in 1st and 2nd ODI's).
Here is my wish list in the coming Asia Cup and World T20:
(1) Shuvo seemed to have gained more confidence and can make up for Tamim
(2) Mominul is improving, and can repair innings
(3) Mushi has the temperament to prevent batting collapse and all he needs to do is asking his partner to defend his wicket
(4) Nasir and M-Ullah hopefully endured bad patches of batting, and will perform better
(5) India, led by Kohli, is very likely to take us as an “ordinary” team and our boys have the opportunity to translate India’s ego into inspiration!
(6) BD has hopefully fulfilled its quota of dropped catches and so miss-fielding is likely to be reduced
(7) Absence of either Shakib or Tamim would allow one of the of top order Shuvo-Anamul-Mominul-Naeem to shine
(8) For some reasons I feel that S-Lanka is a better team than either India or Pakistan; and we know more about current SL team in our condition than India or Pakistan do
(9 Shane Jurgensen has a chance to put BD team through a short mentoring session and help his boys to gain their belief and confidence back, work on the tactical aspect of tying their skills to situations, and develop better temperament and attitude

If all these above assumptions/statements hold true I see BD will perform better.

Here is my prescription for current of BD team:
The coach needs to focus on the specific skills to help players exhibit behaviors suited to situation on the ground and develop right attitude.
And the examples are:
(1) Teach batters to value their wickets, hold back shots even when the run rate plummets (Shakib's 2 outs in the 1st and 2nd ODI's);
(2) One of the shortcomings that is visible in every BD batter is that their aerial shots have lower trajectories than those of SL batters, and they get caught more often just inside the boundary line.
It is visible from the way a large number BD batters were out: Shakib, Mushi, Nasir, M-Ullah, Shuvo, Gazi all were out this way. Only one exception is Mominul. This is an skill issue that batting coach needs to address in the long run, but it needs to be dealt as a tactical issues as such all aerial shots should be banned until 41st over if more than 8 wickets are not at hand.
(3) Senior and experienced players inducing batting collapse; I blame Shakib the most for this because he did it in 2 consecutive ODI's.To analyze this problem, I see that Shakib and Tamim played aerial shots without calculating risks, which was to me out of their ego because it was not the time take those risks. However, Shuvo, Mominul and Nasir did the same because of stupidity and being under run-rate pressure; M-Ullah is not as bad as the situation made him look like; I guess the point is there is a set of players like Shuvo, Mominul, Nasir that are trainable, and there are also other players that are not(,i.e., Tamim and Shakib).
(4) All BD pacers are part-time bowlers in home condition and so have only 2 pacers and keep them limited to 5 overs. Mushi has shown a better bowling plan in the 3rd ODI such as using off spinners for lefties, however he needs to know that bowling line and length is better than attacking the batting icons like Sanga or even Chandimal and Tisara Perera with toothless bowling;
5) Even though SL white-washed us, BD is still a recognized and formidable opponent. We need use the fact to instill confidence in our players

My prediction:
Bangladesh deserves to be ranked either 2nd or 3rd, and above at least one of the big 3's (Ind, SL and Pak) at home condition and that is bound to happen as long as BD players avoid stupidity. We deserve fair share of miracles that any event provides. As such we have not seen one or two BD players rising above the occasion, and shine. So, with our fair share of miracles, I want to see one or two stars among the Shuvo-Mominul-Mushi-Nasir-M-Ullah bunch, and BD playing final by virtue of that.

As a fan I want to have the same attitude that I expect from our team. A bad day is more likely to usher a better tomorrow, if we utilize today’s performance as a learning process and adjust tomorrow’s plan. If we white-washed SL in ODI, drew the T20 and tests with SL, we would not reinforce our fielding and batting, and would be complicit. I hope to be a happy man on March 8 when the final match of Asia Cup ends and see Bangladesh on the podium raising the Asia Cup Trophy.

Go Bangladesh Go! Go Tigers Go