facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 12, 2018, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

excited to see anamul back. He is probably hungry and gearing to become an international regular. He has had a taste of international cricket, worked on his flaws and he is probably gonna come back bigger and stronger

Old January 12, 2018, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Zim delays put warm-up in doubt
I dont understand why ZIm are coming from so far just to play two ODIs if not three...
Old January 12, 2018, 10:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
I dont understand why ZIm are coming from so far just to play two ODIs if not three...
Ohh wait, so this series is only for 2 matches, that's it? Zimbabwe will play only two matches in BD and they are travelling for that?

Ohh it is tri-series. With SL too? Just noticed it. So when do we and who do we with play Test? I thought we are playing Test matches too. Not with Zimbabwe? With SL? I am a bit confused here.
Old January 12, 2018, 10:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Ohh wait, so this series is only for 2 matches, that's it? Zimbabwe will play only two matches in BD and they are travelling for that?

Ohh it is tri-series. With SL too? Just noticed it. So when do we and who do we with play Test? I thought we are playing Test matches too. Not with Zimbabwe? With SL? I am a bit confused here.
Are you confused at the street too, when you hear ‘ai papi ai’ from nearby pedestrians at Lexington Avenue, just asking.
Old January 12, 2018, 11:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Isn't it a Double RR system? Each team faces the rest twice b4 the final.

So, ZIM will play at least 4 games.
Old January 12, 2018, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Since they're not replacing the injured players (Rubel, Imrul), I am assuming following XI will be fielded against Zimbabwe -

Tamim
Anam
Shak
Mushfiq
Riyad
Sabbir
Nasir
Mash
Abul (being a swing bowler should give him preference over Saifuddin in this weather)
Sunzamul (should be more effective than Miraz against Zimbabwe)
Fizz
Old January 13, 2018, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Zimbabwe hope to make most of Dhaka familiarity
Quote:
Zimbabwe late arrival in Bangladesh meant their warm-up game had to be cancelled, but captain Graeme Cremer hoped to take confidence from the fact that his players have played enough in Dhaka.

"I think it is not ideal but we have all played in Dhaka enough, the conditions won't be too different than what we have seen in the past," skipper Graeme Cremer told reporters in the post arrival press conference at Dhaka on Saturday. "It will be new for our younger guys but for our more experienced guys it shouldn't be an issue. Those are the guys who will look to win us games," Cremer said.

"I learnt a lot about the Bangladesh players (and a few Sri Lankan players) during the BPL. It will be really good for us. The input from [Sikandar] Raza and Malcolm [Waller] will also help us a lot in the tri-series," he added.

Zimbabwe head coach Heath Streak too returns with a sense of familiarity, as he was Bangladesh's bowling coach not too long ago.

"Nice to be back," said Streak. "Home away from home, and having spent two years here not so long ago, it was like the just other day that I was here," he said. Streak too felt the players who've had the experience of featuring in the Bangladesh Premier League will be of great help going into the series.

"Cremer, Raza, Waller and Mire definitely will help us with a bit of information about some of the newer players. They would also know what the conditions are like, which would help them in the series," Streak said.

"I think we still have a long way to go. We are the underdogs in this series. But I still feel that we have got the quality of players we need to take Zimbabwe cricket forward. We showed against Sri Lanka last year that we can compete against other countries outside our home territory. It was very pleasing but we have a long way to go as a team," Streak added.
Old January 13, 2018, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Old January 13, 2018, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
Isn't it a Double RR system? Each team faces the rest twice b4 the final.

So, ZIM will play at least 4 games.
Sorry, yes double header.. they will play 5 odis then.. just have the gut feeling they will be in the final..
Old January 13, 2018, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Let's see if Hathuru's mantra to "be aggressive" works well for Lankans too.

Do not be afraid to play your shots, Hatu tells Mendis
Quote:
"What the Head Coach told me was to stick to my game and not to be afraid to play my shots. The best advice I have received is not to curb my shots," Mendis told Sunday Island before the team’s departure to Bangladesh yesterday.

"The good thing is that even the captains and coaches before this didn’t want to change my style. All what I was told was to stick to my game. However, the decisions I took while batting perhaps were wrong. Maybe the selection of shots is something that I can work on. Those are things that I need to look into. I need to read the situation and I have got to have a few options rather than sticking to one thing. I have worked on those areas. Looking forward to execute them," Mendis added.

Hailed by former great Sunil Gavaskar as the best young batsman in the world, the 22-year-old was axed from the tour to India and was told to play domestic cricket. "Very pleasing to come back to the side. I look forward to do well in the games that are ahead. I remember having a decent series against Bangladesh when they were in Sri Lanka last year," Mendis, who posted a career best 194 in Galle against Bangladesh in March last year went onto say.
Old January 14, 2018, 02:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

The biggest irony of this series is basically Bangladesh vs. coaches who formerly coached Bangladesh (Heath Streak(Zim) and Chandika H. (Sri Lanka)).
Old January 14, 2018, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

SL will hammer Abul like they have done in the past. Whoever is opening these days will pick up where Dilshan left off.

Please leave Abul off the XI.
Old January 14, 2018, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
The biggest irony of this series is basically Bangladesh vs. coaches who formerly coached Bangladesh (Heath Streak(Zim) and Chandika H. (Sri Lanka)).
I was thinking this yestzrday

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 14, 2018, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
SL will hammer Abul like they have done in the past. Whoever is opening these days will pick up where Dilshan left off.

Please leave Abul off the XI.
Yes, please. Thank you for your sanity!!!
Old January 14, 2018, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Looks like this is going to be the 11 (same order)

Tamim
Anam
Shakib
Mushy
Riyad
Shabbir
Nasir
Mash
Sanjamul/Saifuddin
Rubel
Mustafiz
Old January 14, 2018, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ Last I heard, Rubel injured his left thumb and unlikely to play the first match. Has that changed?
Old January 14, 2018, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^ Last I heard, Rubel injured his left thumb and unlikely to play the first match. Has that changed?
Team management feels that his expertise are required. His injury was on his non-bowling hand. The latest report is that he will be played even if he is 80% fit.
Old January 14, 2018, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ Puzzled to see they're risking him against Zimbabwe, instead of giving him four more days to recover properly for Lanka. If Mash does not trust Abul even against Zimbabwe, why is he in the team?!!!
Old January 14, 2018, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^ Puzzled to see they're risking him against Zimbabwe, instead of giving him four more days to recover properly for Lanka. If Mash does not trust Abul even against Zimbabwe, why is he in the team?!!!
IMO, Abul should have never been picked. It was just trigger happy reaction from selectors after he scored a few runs in the lower order practice match. Also, they wanted to replace Taskin with a bowler.

I agree about resting Rubel - Saifuddin and Sanjamul both should play.
Old January 14, 2018, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Looks like this is going to be the 11 (same order)

Tamim
Anam
Shakib
Mushy
Riyad
Shabbir
Nasir
Mash
Sanjamul/Saifuddin
Rubel
Mustafiz
Our batting looks very strong. I like that Anam will play instead of Imrul. Good to see Shakib at 3 and Mushy at 4. Shabbir will be most effective at 6. Not sure if Nasir is too low in the order but I guess he can score some quick runs at the bottom or hold one end in disaster situations. As for bowling, I do wish we had an established spinner along with Shakib. Perhaps Raz should get another go after taking 500 first class wickets. For now, Nasir will have to do. Also, looking forward to Sanjamul to surprise me.

Fun fact - 6 out of our top 7 holds international ODI centuries. This team is well experienced.
Old January 14, 2018, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I have zero confidence in Saif, Sansa and Mithun.
I dont like the idea of batting Sakib at 3.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old January 14, 2018, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

For the first time in a long time, I won't be screwing up my sleeping patter to watch this series.
Old January 15, 2018, 06:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Demand for BD vs ZIm cricket match tickets is at an all time low :
http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/art...A6%A8%E0%A6%BE
Old January 15, 2018, 10:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

In Srilanka match we need to pick all Hathu rejects and make them perform for their life, bit of a reverse psychology.
Old January 15, 2018, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

A good win to start the year. However, we should keep in mind this was a very rusty Zimbabwe side who returned to ODI after a long break.

My main concern after the first ODI - we have no swing bowler whatsoever to take advantage of the wintry weather. Rubel perhaps got some reverse swing after 25 overs, but that too only on random occasions.

We have no one well capable of taking advantage of the new ball with both Fizz and Rubel better with the older ball. IMO, Mash is hogging a place in the ODI team. His containment bowling is better fit for T20. In ODI, we need someone who can trouble the opposition with pace and swing with the new ball (perhaps Rony).

IMO, keep carrying Mash may turn out to be a costly mistake leading to WC'19.