facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2014, 02:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Default Congrats Muktar Ali for scoring most sixes in a first class innings!

Muktar Ali hit 16 sixes yesterday—the highest by a batsman in first-class cricket. He now shares the record with Andrew Symonds, Graham Napier and Jesse Ryder. Congrates! http://www.thedailystar.net/magical-muktar-20037

Old April 13, 2014, 02:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

pfft.. lets see him do something like that for the national side.
Old April 13, 2014, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

they should take into account the 10m boundaries next time.
Old April 13, 2014, 03:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Did well against sa in warm up as well
Old April 13, 2014, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Aftab Ahmed was one of the opening bowlers!! Enough said.
Old April 13, 2014, 04:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Muktar is the new Ziah
the new BC lezend

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 13, 2014, 04:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bad news for BD bowling prospects.

BKSP ground # koto?
Who were the bowlers?

Field size #1, Bowlers #2.
Old April 13, 2014, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Don't get too hyped about the 6s, he made a good score, he's got a 96 previously and he has pretty good bowling averages for a pacer across all formats. But don't let the small boundaries take him away as a pacer prospect or pace all rounder prospect as we have very few.
Old April 13, 2014, 10:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Boundaries in Nz also small. Our superstars failed on same ground.
Old April 13, 2014, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

How come other top order batsmen could not hit any 6's? The team was at 77/7 or something, if everything was so easy, how come the superstars could not score anything? Lets give credit where it's due. He has been doing well for some time now. And the bowlers are not as easy as you think, he even got 2 wickets in his first 2 balls bowled and almost got a hat trick..
Old April 13, 2014, 11:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Rohit sharma to shunlam Rohitman

toh;

mukhtar ali ki mukhtar hashi ali?? naki?
Old April 14, 2014, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Mukhter ali will get a national call. He got the X factor
Old April 14, 2014, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Seems a better option than Zia and Freza.
Old April 14, 2014, 02:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

We are so bad in the international matches, we should use our domestic first class to break all sorts of world records just to prove a point.
Old April 14, 2014, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
How come other top order batsmen could not hit any 6's? The team was at 77/7 or something, if everything was so easy, how come the superstars could not score anything? Lets give credit where it's due. He has been doing well for some time now. And the bowlers are not as easy as you think, he even got 2 wickets in his first 2 balls bowled and almost got a hat trick..
Exactly to the point my friend.

Yes one game doesn;t make him a world beater, but its silly to attempt to minimize what he have done where (in the same field) our superstar(s) failed.

BCB need to reward some of the local league performers (even if they end up failing in the national team). Only then national players will realize the urgency and take games more seriously. These local games will always be treated as useless until BCB demontrate by their own action that they threat these games more seriously by picking up performers in the national teams and dropping non-performers (even they are national players).

If a national player fail to perform in the natioanl team followed by failure in the local league, what's the point of trying him again? Its better to try your lucjk with some new player who performed well in the local league.
Old April 14, 2014, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Exactly! The selectors seem to pick wrong players for wrong format. Reza is more suitable for ODI, but gets picked in T20 at number 9. Zia gets picked at the last second and bowls his first over in the 19th over. No plan, no strategy, no thinking and sometimes feel like we need people around the national team with just common sense...Our selectors needs some coaching and need to do lot better on recruiting right players for the right format. It is also necessary to play on the exact same types of pitches our players will be planing international match...gives us better idea about international performance ...
Old April 14, 2014, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
We are so bad in the international matches, we should use our domestic first class to break all sorts of world records just to prove a point.
If we had better coaching staff in these domestics then we could have seen better results when they play for national team. For example we had some good coaches in BPL 1 and the outcome was seen in the ASIA cup where we went to the finals....
Old April 15, 2014, 01:27 AM
Cricket Legend

M Ali looks strong and well build. Hope he will bring some glory for us.
Old April 15, 2014, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

National Cricket League 2013-14

'Had no idea about the world record' - Muktar

Mohammad Isam
April 15, 2014
Be the first to comment | Login via | Text size: A | A

Muktar Ali said he would have slammed a few more big hits had someone told him that he had equaled the record for most sixes in a first-class innings, during his 168 that helped Rajshahi Division beat Chittagong Divison by 403 runs in an NCL match. Only three other batsmen - Andrew Symonds, Jesse Ryder and Graham Napier - have hit 16 sixes in a first-class innings.
Despite the regret, however, Muktar said he was happy to finally hit a first-class century after missing an opportunity in a previous game. Against Chittagong, he batted for less than three hours and took 148 balls to make 168 runs before he was finally dismissed by Ali Akbar, caught behind by Irfan Sukkur in the 136th over.
"I am regretting my dismissal because I had no idea about the world record," Muktar said. "Why won't I feel sad about it? If I had known that 16 sixes equals a world record, I would have hit at least five-six more sixes. I could do anything I wanted at that stage.
"There were two reasons for going after a century in this innings. I had missed out in a previous game when I got out for 96. I was so sad, I couldn't sleep for three nights. I just wanted to score the century as soon as possible. The other reason was Sanjamul Islam, my good friend and roommate. He was teasing me after he made 172 the previous day, but I never realised I would make such a big score."
Muktar's main role in the team is that of a fast bowler and, with the new ball in hand, he dismissed Chittagong captain Nafees Iqbal and Mahbubul Karim off his first two deliveries in the game. Mominul Haque avoided the hat-trick, but was caught behind in Muktar's next over.
He wasn't the only star for Rajshahi, however. While batting, Muktar shared a 224-run partnership with Farhad Reza, who won Player of the Match for his career-best 259. His stand of 347 with Sanjamul was the catalyst for Rajshahi's revival in the game and also equaled the record for the second-highest partnership for the seventh wicket in first-class cricket. shared by West Indies' Denis Atkinson and Clairmonte Depeiza, against Australia in the 1955 Bridgetown Test.
Records, though, were the last thing on Farhad's mind as he prepared to get his side out of a hole at 77 for 6.
"There was no thought about scoring a double-hundred or setting a partnership record. I just wanted to stay at the wicket, and keep Sanjamul along for company. We tried to minimise our mistakes and not give away a wicket at that stage," Farhad said. source CI
Old April 15, 2014, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

dammit why didnt anyone tell him !
Old April 15, 2014, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Very Positive

"I am regretting my dismissal because I had no idea about the world record," Muktar said. "Why won't I feel sad about it? If I had known that 16 sixes equals a world record, I would have hit at least five-six more sixes. I could do anything I wanted at that stage.