facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

^^^^
Well they did win, but I still see OKC winning it all. With a 2-3-2 format, tonight's game is HUGE. I say OKC wins tonight, Miami wins game 5, and OKC takes the last 2. I don't think Lebron, Wade, and company have what it takes to go on the road and clinch a championship.

Old June 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Still think the Thunder will win?
Old June 20, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Still think the Thunder will win?
They need to make more than just an OK effort to win the finals from this point on. It's elimination time!
Old June 20, 2012, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
They need to make more than just an OK effort to win the finals from this point on. It's elimination time!
That game 3 was pivotal, which is why I said, if Miami won that, it was all over...and tonight was another nail in their coffin.

Harden struggling and Perkins having next to no threat offensively has damaged the Thunder. They'll be back next year, but this year 'Bron is getting his ring
Old June 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Big game tonight, if Miami win I think they'll go on to win the series.
And so it came to pass...

LeBron James wins his 1st NBA Championship. Not that this means anything, but he is 27, Jordan didn't win his 1st until he was 28.

*LeBron won't win 6, LeBron will never be as good as Jordan.
Old June 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
Cricket Savant

kobe ki dosh korlo? ^

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 22, 2012, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
kobe ki dosh korlo? ^
Other than attempted rape?

He won his 1st trophy at 22, but in that 3-peat, Shaq got the FINALS MVP each time. That was Shaq at his unstoppable beastie best.

Seriously Kobe is awesome(all time top 10 awesome), but Lebron at the end of his career will be recognized as a better player.
Old June 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Other than attempted rape?

He won his 1st trophy at 22, but in that 3-peat, Shaq got the FINALS MVP each time. That was Shaq at his unstoppable beastie best.

Seriously Kobe is awesome(all time top 10 awesome), but Lebron at the end of his career will be recognized as a better player.
Agreed. The physical presence Lebron has shown is just incredible. The guy is just unstoppable when he drives in to the lane. I still feel he needs to improve his jumpshooting skills and he can become even better. I'm really happy for him and the Heat and hope they continue to do well. They'll be great for a long time.

Should be an interesting draft coming up tomorrow. Anthony Davis is all set to go to the Hornets. Who will go #2? I have a feeling Bobcats will trade the pick and someone will either draft Beal or Robinson there. Can't wait to see where my boys Waiters, Melo, and Joseph are drafted.
Old June 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Sage

^ Looks like you are going to be following the Celtics. I'm no expert but not sure if Melo is a good pick for Celtics, Sullinger on the other hand will probably coming and start contributing right away.

I feel bad for the Pistons, they picked up Andre Drummond. I hope he is not another Hashim Thabeet like case, otherwise Detroit just wasted a pick.
Old July 3, 2012, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Amir Johnson to the Nets. God, what a horrid contract that guy has.

It's a win-win for both teams. Atlanta gets rid of a mammoth contract, while "Brooklyn" gives Williams a better reason to stay. And with Williams, you also get Kidd. 2 for 1 deal.

They have reportedly made an offer for Howard as well (the only team he is willing to go to, and sign an extension): Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, 1st in 2013, 2015 and 2017. I think the Magic will pull the trigger on that one - considering how Howard has pushed them into a corner, that's a pretty good return.

The Nets will now become the latest NBA power house. They won't be able to play at the same level as Miami/Chicago, but they will be a top 5 team in the shitty East for a good while, and probably make a few finals/conference finals.

The NBA has become a joke now. The players dictate where they will be traded. The stars all team up and join one of the big cities, and the smaller market teams can sit there and rot once their homegrown players bail on them.

The only exception is the Thunder, and that's becasue of two reasons:
1) Durant isn't a jackass
2) They have a very good young team, which has a chance to win every year

Wonder how long they can keep the core together.
Old July 3, 2012, 02:20 PM
Banned

Teams with most NBA championships

1. Celtics - 17
2. Lakers - 16
3. Bulls - 6

Top TV Markets in the US
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
7. Boston

Hmmm, small market teams have always been screwed. I have no issues with players dictating where they go, owners dump players in the blink of an eye, and no one questions that...free market right? Let the players do their thing.
Old July 3, 2012, 04:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ Looks like you are going to be following the Celtics. I'm no expert but not sure if Melo is a good pick for Celtics, Sullinger on the other hand will probably coming and start contributing right away.

I feel bad for the Pistons, they picked up Andre Drummond. I hope he is not another Hashim Thabeet like case, otherwise Detroit just wasted a pick.
I'll definitely have a soft spot for the Celtics now. They got a steal in Sullinger. The guy is 1 of the most NBA ready players in the draft. I think picking Melo was good as well. He might not be very good now but he's improving and has upside. With Garnett playing for 3 years more at least, he'll have time to develop and have very good mentors around him. I think Joseph was a good pick as well. I feel he won't be a star in the NBA but a solid role player and should fit with the Celts. I think Waiters will end up being outstanding as well.

Drummond is a very risky pick imo. I don't doubt his potential but he's got a long ways to go. He's athletically gifted but needs to learn to use his body better. Lamb is a great talent but has a very questionable motor. Hopefully that changes in the NBA. Overall I thought it was a good draft and there were a lot of solid players.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old July 5, 2012, 12:48 AM
Banned

Steve Nash to the Lakers. Raptors they paid Landry Fields $20mil over 3 years, and thought Nash was going to sign for sure...
Old July 5, 2012, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Steve Nash to the Lakers. Raptors they paid Landry Fields $20mil over 3 years, and thought Nash was going to sign for sure...
Surprised that the Lakers got Nash. Not a good move imo. Their complaining about being too old and then got Nash? He's got a yr or 2 left in the tank.
Old July 5, 2012, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Surprised that the Lakers got Nash. Not a good move imo. Their complaining about being too old and then got Nash? He's got a yr or 2 left in the tank.
Tie in nicely with Kobe and his diminishing ability. It's obvious they've decided to go all in, rather than rebuild. Plus the Lakers never rebuild.

They'll be crap in a couple of years, but then make some huge free agent signing, and boom! Off they go again...
Old July 5, 2012, 03:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Kyle Lowry to the Raptors.

WE HAVE A PROPER PG NOW
Old July 7, 2012, 09:36 AM
Banned

Ray Allen to the Miami Heat. Talk about awkward.

If he stays healthy, playing around 20 minutes a night, he will be excellent for Miami. The Heat just got much stronger.
Old July 7, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Tie in nicely with Kobe and his diminishing ability. It's obvious they've decided to go all in, rather than rebuild. Plus the Lakers never rebuild.

They'll be crap in a couple of years, but then make some huge free agent signing, and boom! Off they go again...
That's true. Their going all in now. Nash definitely will make things run a lot smoother and gives them a leader.
Old July 7, 2012, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Ray Allen to the Miami Heat. Talk about awkward.

If he stays healthy, playing around 20 minutes a night, he will be excellent for Miami. The Heat just got much stronger.
A huge signing for the Heat. I thought that the Heat lacked a pure shooter. Well they got 1 now! Now if they can snatch Camby, this team will be even stronger which is scary to think about.
Old July 9, 2012, 11:49 PM
Banned

4 team Howard deal almost done

Nets : Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark
Magic : Brook Lopez, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery-protected first from the Clippers.
Cavs : Kris Humphries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first-round pick from the Nets and $3 million in cash.
Clippers : MarShon Brooks

**** deal for the Magic, those picks are all going to be low, low 1st round picks, even if they bundle them, they won't get too much back in return, and the players they're getting aren't great either.

Better than losing him for free next season though.
Old July 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
4 team Howard deal almost done

Nets : Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark
Magic : Brook Lopez, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery-protected first from the Clippers.
Cavs : Kris Humphries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first-round pick from the Nets and $3 million in cash.
Clippers : MarShon Brooks

**** deal for the Magic, those picks are all going to be low, low 1st round picks, even if they bundle them, they won't get too much back in return, and the players they're getting aren't great either.

Better than losing him for free next season though.
The Magic should try to get Bynum and send him to the Lakers. Why just listen to what Howard says? They should be looking for their own interests as well and the fact is the Lakers have the most pieces to send.
Old July 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Knicks drafted an unknown Greek player. L Fields is gone and Lin has a offer in hand. If Lin goes, they will seriously suffer as they don't have any other PG. Bibby is old and Barron Davis might not be the same after injury.

Another disappointing season coming up
Old July 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
Banned

You forgetting Jason Kidd?

Oh and the Heat picked up another cheap bench player - Rashard Lewis on a 2 year $2.8mil deal. That Heat bench is a lot better than it was at the end of the season, all they need is a big man now.
Old July 11, 2012, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The Magic should try to get Bynum and send him to the Lakers. Why just listen to what Howard says? They should be looking for their own interests as well and the fact is the Lakers have the most pieces to send.
Well because he could reject the trade...sulk his way through next season, and then leave on a free...resulting in them getting nothing at all in return for one of the top big men in the league, and he's in his prime.
Old July 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Well because he could reject the trade...sulk his way through next season, and then leave on a free...resulting in them getting nothing at all in return for one of the top big men in the league, and he's in his prime.
Ya I guess this is just turning out to be another Melo situation. Wonder why he's so hell bent on Brooklyn.