facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 13, 2004, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Sad dynasty in BD politics

I am not sure if this is the right place to voice my words about BD politics, but since some of our posters dare to raise questions about our latest political situation(see betterdaz's thread), I'd like to take the opportunity to post something about our political dilemma as well.

The dynastic political leadership unlikely drops the visual blind in the development of our national personalities. The members of those hereditary rulers think politics is their family property and they cannot tolerate other's potentialities. Dr. B. Choudhury and Dr.Kamal Hossain are victimized by those dynasties. For this reason we are in the crisis of inherent leaderships and people have no right to choose their own leaders.

We need to amend one of the courses of parliamentary government in our constitution. After two courses of premiership in life, a person cannot be Prime Minister for three times. This amendment will reduce the series of dynasties and produce the plural rational personalities in our national politics. The civil societies should come forward overtly in this course to demand this amendment. Otherwise, we will constantly remain as inmates in captive politics.

Something needs to be done to reduce the arbitrary nature in which the Awami League and the BNP have been exercising power. One way would be to restrict the term of office of our Prime Minister. Our beloved Hasina is convinced that this country should be hers because her father Bangabandhu is Bangladesh's Father of the Nation. Our iron lady Khaleda Zia thinks the country is hers because her husband fought for its independence. They want their sons to follow them in power so that our future can be doomed forever!!

We have had enough of these two unworthy ladies and it is time we show them the way. We cannot so long as their sychophantic parties continue to elect them a leaders. Constitutionally restricting their terms to two would help us get rid of them and free the country of their undoubtedly poor and regressive leadership.

What is your thoughts about this proposal?

Old April 13, 2004, 04:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
I am not sure if this is the right place to voice my words about BD politics, but since some of our posters dare to raise questions about our latest political situation(see betterdaz's thread)
What is your thoughts about this proposal?
as to the 1st quote - sorry i didnīt realize it was so touchy (seriously)

still, i am curious and hope this thread gets a few replies.

PS , nice to see youīre still around navarene.
Old April 13, 2004, 04:48 PM
Banned

One easy solution is to irradiate their children with "Xenon," and thus rendering them infertile.
Old April 13, 2004, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Another is eradicate only those children who are actively seeking power...that makes only the sons of one of these two ladies a target.
Old April 13, 2004, 06:10 PM
Test Cricketer

I read somewhere that Hasina's daughter (who lives/studies in the UK?) is interested in joining BD politics too.

btw, i think it is funny how all NRBs think B Chy, the decent and honest Dr is gonna be the saviour of BD politics. From what I have heard about his past (and from his Personal Assistant when he was the president for a short time), he is just another garden variety BD politician. He is certainly NOT as clean and well intentioned as we have been led to believe.

But having said that, yes he is still the lesser of the two other evils.
Old April 13, 2004, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Lesser of the three evils! Yes, you are correct. But his track record is far, far, far from unblemished.

As for Putul, Sheikh Hasina's daughter...she's married and lives in the US, not the UK. She has no intentions of joining BD politics, and neither does her brother, Joy. The former is too married and busy being a mother, while the latter is too busy enjoying himself.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Shubho]
Old April 13, 2004, 07:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Lesser of the three evils!
Speaking of evil, I hear that many people are considering Jamat to be BD's equivalent of BJP, and so are seriously thinking about voting for them in the next elections..

Good to hear about Joy and Putul lets hope they stay in bachelorhood/marital bliss till the end of their days!
Old April 13, 2004, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by fab

btw, i think it is funny how all NRBs think B Chy, the decent and honest Dr is gonna be the saviour of BD politics.
Didn't mean B Chowdhury and his "alternate political stream" group could be the saviour of BD politics either. Had he not booted from BNP he would still have been enjoying the presidential post and would have never felt for this "bikolpo dharar rajniti". Nothings new with these opportunist politicians.

Quote:
Originally posted by betterdaz

as to the 1st quote - sorry i didnīt realize it was so touchy (seriously)
hey mate, the 1st quote was rendered out of my sheer frustration about our political leadership. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Good to see you around here. btw, bbc "south asian" MB sucks all time, so you wont find me there anymore.
Old April 14, 2004, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
After two courses of premiership in life, a person cannot be Prime Minister for three times
That means Hasina gets to torture us for five more years. There should an additional rule with this, making sure there is no loopholes..

you can only serve two terms CONSECUTIVELY.

We wouldn't have to deal with the incumbent (only good for her hair style) byatch...if we had this law. I should write the constitution.. hell I should be the president! But I will probably get assassinated after my inagaural speech.

I only read the bold part of the post.. so If I am out of topic.. my bad!
Old April 14, 2004, 01:57 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Shubho
.. while the latter is too busy enjoying himself.
Wait a min, isn't the tell tell sign of a future leader?
Old April 14, 2004, 02:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Quote:
Originally posted by Shubho
.. while the latter is too busy enjoying himself.
Wait a min, isn't the tell tell sign of a future leader?

drunken nights (and days) speeding around in your car. yep - Dubya had president written all over him from the get-go.
Old April 14, 2004, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

lol...

i can draw a few parallels between sheikh hasina's son joy and dubya...but the former happens to be smarter, so he's most likely to stay the hell out of bangladesh.