facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

View Poll Results: How many medals (any color) will South Asian teams, representing close to 1.5 BILLION people can win
5 or more 4 21.05%
Less than 5 12 63.16%
Jiru 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 20, 2012, 03:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
BDFlag 00000-The Definitive London 2012 Olympics Thread-00000

THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The Olympics, summer and winter, there's nothing like 'em. Love the backstories almost as much the drama of competition, the ecstasy of victory, the agony of defeat and the flag packed pageantry.

GO Bangladesh! GO USA!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old July 20, 2012, 03:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Prepare for worst ever Olympic in the history. London cant cope with overcrowded people as it is and now this c***. Ruining my next 3 to 4 weeks.

The game should have been spread out all over the country. Would have been more successful.
Old July 20, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Lighten up bro, it will be a blast InshAllah. BTW my cousins were in London on vaca last week and not having a good time dealing with the crowds. So I told them to spend their money in Dublin and Galway instead, and they're happy now.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM..
Old July 20, 2012, 05:28 AM
Cricket Sage

I meant open up this thread yesterday. I wanted to share a really inspirational story with you guys. Mountain biker ftom Rowanda, his name is Adrian somrthing. He will be competing in the London olympics for Team Rwanda, 18 (I think) years ago 6 of his brothers were slaugutered during the genocide and he lost 50+ members of his extended family during the war. You guys should read up on him. I sure he can bring home a gold for his people.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Possible duplicate

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 20, 2012, 10:42 AM
Cricket Savant

It is vraiment a duplicate. I request LesMods to perform a LeMerger s'il vous plaît, non?
Old July 20, 2012, 04:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
It is vraiment a duplicate. I request LesMods to perform a LeMerger s'il vous plaît, non?
apne murubbi manush bhaijan...APNAR threder shatei amar ta shongjukto houk, noy?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Can't wait.. I am going to 7 events :-) including ladies beach vollyball :P
Old July 20, 2012, 11:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I have been wondering about this for awhile. Did some middle school kid designed the whole theme and the logo... look at the Monster Inc. styled mascot. dahell! Who approved this? Danny Boyle?

Anyways, lets see what the so called "Dream team" can do. All the big mouth (except KD) are on that team. Also Michael Phelps v Ryan Lochte showdown!
Old July 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cricket Savant

I love it all but make a point to watch:

1. Track and field
2. Swimming
3. Cycling
4. Triathlon
5. Fencing
6. Archery
7. Shooting
8. Equestrian
9. Sculling
10. Kayaking
11. Sailing
12. Judo
13. Taekwondo
14. Weightlifting
15. Gymnastics ( A Bangladeshi-American guy's competing for Bangladesh this year. He captains Michigan in the NCAAs)
16. Volleyball

Too bad they dropped baseball and softball this year.

I find field hockey, handball, ping pong and other racquet sports, and soccer annoying to watch during the Olympics. Basketball is simply too boring because the USA is simply too good. Boxing and wresting aren't my things.
Old July 21, 2012, 03:38 AM
MLC World Series I

I think India alone will win at least 5 medals..
Old July 21, 2012, 04:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Lighten up bro, it will be a blast InshAllah. BTW my cousins were in London on vaca last week and not having a good time dealing with the crowds. So I told them to spend their money in Dublin and Galway instead, and they're happy now.
I wish it was that simple. Some of our livelihood depends on how London operates. Tomorrow most of the roads around us will be closed for torch relay. And when the Olympic starts most of the London's street will have restrictions.

It's going to be chaos
Old July 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I've got tickets to handball and archery!
Old July 21, 2012, 07:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I have got football QF, badminton, basketball, Hockey, beach volleyball and Gymnastics
Old July 21, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I have got football QF, badminton, basketball, Hockey, beach volleyball and Gymnastics
Damn! I was after beach volleyball!
Old July 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Ohh yeah I have missed BC for a loooong time It is great to be back.

I dont know how many of you know about this and whether I am late with this or not, but check this out, its superb

http://www.freep.com/article/2012071...yssey=obinsite

Glad this kid can even compete for us. Best of luck to Syque Caesar.

Born in Florida, he has already represented Bangladesh at the Central South Asian games and won 3 medals, 1 each of Gold, Silver and Bronze. There is a wikipedia article on him too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syque_Caesar

I really hope he does good, even though the injury is disheartening. I think him representing BD even though he was born in the US is great.
Old July 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I've got tickets to handball and archery!
There's a Bangladeshi archer in the mix.
Old July 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
There's a Bangladeshi archer in the mix.
Wow such a pleasant surprise ! I'm going on the 30th. Hope I get to see and support out archer!
Old July 21, 2012, 11:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Default Michigan gymnasts Syque Caesar, Sam Mikulak will compete against each other at Olympics

Thank you dear Ashraf bro for that link and tell us about this U.S,/Florida born gymnast Syque Caesar....I had no idea about him...

this is really great news bhais and apus, read about this guy, Syque Caesar, who will be representing us, Team Bangladesh in the London Olympics in Gymnastics, especifically in all these, Floor Exercise, Pommel Horse, Rings, Vault, Horizontal Bar, Parallel Bars....I am just pasting what Ashraf already gave us in the link, so it all courtesy of our dear Ashraf. I wanted to paste it because I think sometimes people might not read unless somehting catches there eyes, the photos and all, big headlines etc. ...so dear Ashraf bro and mod bhais please don't get mad at me for pasting it again...

..This guy, Syque Caesar will be competing in the Olympics against his roomamte in Michigan, in Perallel Bars, Syque Caesar has dual citizenship of U.S. and Bangladesh, and he chose to represent Bangladesh instead, he couldve represented the U.S. instead, his roommate in Michigan, Sam Mikulak is also in the Olympics and will represent the team U.S.A. and they will compete there against each other for two different countries, when they also belong to the same University team, The great University of Michigan and teamamtes and roommates there...this is classic movie story/material guys...

This was published in the Detroit Frees Press Newspaper.

Quote:
Michigan gymnasts Syque Caesar, Sam Mikulak will compete against each other at Olympics

Syque Caesar will perform on the high bar in the London Olympics that start this month. It's a good thing he doesn't need his left biceps to do this.

Caesar tore it clean off the bone last week training in Ann Arbor. He felt a pop while on the rings but didn't notice it until swinging on the parallel bars a few minutes later. After practice, the University of Michigan gymnast told his coach, Geoff Corrigan, he felt a little weird in the shoulder. An MRI confirmed the biceps tear Sunday night.

All of this is nothing more than a nuisance for Caesar. He is about to become the first Olympic gymnast in Bangladesh's history. No torn muscle will deter him. And why would it?

Caesar already had recovered from a torn anterior cruciate ligament, a torn labrum and a detached biceps in his right arm. That last injury happened at a meet in January when U-M was competing against Illinois and Oklahoma. Caesar knew immediately his senior season at U-M was finished. But the team trainer told him he might still have time to compete for his parents' native Bangladesh -- if he got the wild card and made the team.

He cut his six-month rehab in half. Tuesday morning, he arrived at U-M's gymnast training facility in Ann Arbor wearing a dark green sweat suit and scarlet-red undershirt.

"Was difficult putting these on here," Caesar joked.

Bangladesh's colors resemble those of Michigan State and Ohio State.

"Green and red are two colors you don't wear anywhere around here," Caesar said. "Felt a little strange walking around campus."

Strange, yet plenty comfortable. Caesar may have grown up in the U.S. -- he was born in Florida -- but he was raised as a Bengali. His parents grew up there, his extended family remains there, and he has visited several times.

The idea to compete for his family's home country was hatched in 2010 when Corrigan approached him to inquire about citizenship. They got Caesar's father involved -- he played soccer for Bangladesh's national team -- and all three navigated the paperwork to set up dual citizenry.

Last winter, Caesar competed for Bangladesh at the Central South Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championships. He won gold in the parallel bars, silver in floor exercise and bronze in the vault. The medals were the first for Bangladesh in an international competition.

Now he wants to try to medal in the Olympics, where the competition will be much tougher. (He will compete in parallel bars, high bar, floor exercise and vault.) That means he may have to compete with his roommate to do this, at least in the parallel bars.

Fellow U-M gymnast Sam Mikulak will be in London, too. The sophomore qualified for the U.S. team this summer. Mikulak competes in all six categories, which means Caesar likely will see him in parallel bars and the floor exercise, Caesar's strongest categories.

Mikulak is gifted in both, too. The roommates have different styles. Mikulak is a gifted acrobat with uncanny balance and strength who pushes the limits in every event. Caesar, said Corrigan, is more artistic.

Caesar said Mikulak inspires him. Mikulak said the same thing of Caesar, especially when he found out his roommate got the Olympic nod before he did -- Caesar learned he'd made the team in April via e-mail.

Still, the roommates and teammates are grateful for one more chance to cheer on one another, as they have the past two years in NCAA meets. They still share Maize and Blue. It's just that both have added new colors and emblems on their sweatsuits.

Caesar wore his proudly around Ann Arbor on Tuesday, covering up the scars on his arm where a surgeon reattached his right biceps in January. He doesn't have time to get his left biceps reattached.

"I don't know anybody else that could do gymnastics with a torn biceps," Corrigan said.

But there Caesar will be, marching into the Olympic stadium in London, attempting to win the first medal for Bangladesh. Not just gymnastic medal, but medal period.

"It's the most populous country in the world without a medal," Caesar said.

He aims to change that.

"If he is absolutely perfect, it is definitely possible," said Corrigan, "but I hope Bangladesh is proud of him for competing."

Contact Shawn Windsor: 313-222-6487 or swindsor@freepress.com.

More Details: Michigan gymnasts
Sam Mikulak: 19-year-old U-M student from California, competes for United States.
Quazi Syque Caesar: 21-year-old U-M student from Florida, competes for Bangladesh.
Summer Olympics
When: July 27 to Aug. 12.
Where: In and around London.
Online: london2012.com.
Key dates
For men's gymnastics medal events:
July 30: Team.
Aug. 1: Individual all-around.
Aug. 5: Floor exercise,
pommel horse.
Aug. 6: Rings, vault.
Aug. 7: Horizontal bar,
parallel bars.
http://www.freep.com/article/2012071...yssey=obinsite
Old July 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Does anyone have a full list of all the events are competing in?
Old July 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

This might need a thread of its own, what you say Shehwar bro?
Old July 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Savant

BDFlag Bangladeshi Olympians at the London 2012 Games

1. Quazi Syque Caeser, 21 (Gymnastics)

2. Mohan Khan, 20 (Track and Field, 100m Sprint)

3. Md. Mahfuzur Rahman, 19 (Swimming, 50m Freestyle)

4. Md. Emdadul Haque Milion, 19 (Archery)

5. Sharmin Ratna, 24 (Shooting, 10m Air Rifle)

JAUY BANGLA, BANGLADESH CHIROJIBI HOK
Old July 22, 2012, 02:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
I think India alone will win at least 5 medals..
I hereby wager a full plate of Fakhruddin's biriyani that'll never happen in my lifetime.
Old July 22, 2012, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I hereby wager a full plate of Fakhruddin's biriyani that'll never happen in my lifetime.
India did win 3 medals last time including a gold! You never know ..
Old July 22, 2012, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
This might need a thread of its own, what you say Shehwar bro?
আবার জিগায় !