facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 4, 2009, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thanks Razi and everyone who updated during match. How was Nafees Iqbals batting today, I know he did not win it for his team but is there any hope left for him to return to national side.
He looked quite good to me, and also played a subdued knock under pressure, but it all depends on his fitness and the team management to see him again in the international arena.

Old February 4, 2009, 01:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
He looked quite good to me, and also played a subdued knock under pressure, but it all depends on the team management and his fitness to see him again in the international arena.
Thanks Razi, anyone else looked good/classy to you. I meant players like Shuvo,Marshall and Nasir Farukh and co. Players we have not seen playing for BD or on telly.
Old February 4, 2009, 01:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

not only 2day nafis iqbal has played decent in this 20-20 competition also he was the highest run scorer in domestic OD league few months back........hope he continues......
Old February 4, 2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Old February 4, 2009, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thanks Razi, anyone else looked good/classy to you. I meant players like Shuvo,Marshall and Nasir Farukh and co. Players we have not seen playing for BD or on telly.
Didn't have the pleasure to see Shuvo's batting but Nasiruddin Faruk seemed to be a player in the making, some of his aggressive shots were really a treat to watch and I think this player can be a good T20 batsman in the future. Marshall supported Rakib pretty well and his frequent rotation of strike was a point to be noted off.
Old February 4, 2009, 01:53 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Razi how was shuvo? what do u think about his bowling?
Old February 4, 2009, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

ya. how was shuvo?
Old February 5, 2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraji
every time ash fails, he blames luck. It is a very alarming sign. First step to curing a problem is acknowledging it. As long as ash keeps blaming poor mr. Luck for all his blunders, i do not hope any improvement from him. He must know that he's the one that plays a shot and he's the one that can keep the ball down. Not some luck deity.
বোকার ভাগ্যে বিশ্বাস - খুবই স্বাভাবিক।
Old February 5, 2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijanur
lol ash man of the series... its funny lol
হাস্যকর? কেন??
আন্ধা নাকি?!!!
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...5ODE5&mid=OA==
Old February 5, 2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
hmm.. I was watching this match.. and I didn't like the fact Ash got MOM! and I got very annoyed at the fact that he only scored 10 runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
I guess he was man of the series not MOM, he was rewarded for 3 innings not out and averaging last four games above thirty in this format of game!!
২০/২০ লিগে ৬৪ গেড় আশরাফুলের মোট রান ১৯৪৷

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...TM5ODE5&mid=OA==
Old February 5, 2009, 04:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
I guess he was man of the series not MOM, he was rewarded for 3 innings not out and averaging last four games above thirty in this format of game!!
yer my Bad.. I ment MOS not MOM!
Old February 5, 2009, 05:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
These guys look so young for a Premier Division Champions!

Hopefully, most of them will still be playing cricket in 12 years time and not get lost in some oblivion.
Old February 5, 2009, 05:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
yer my Bad.. I ment MOS not MOM!
But Ash desereved the MOS mos def! How could you...
Old February 5, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

salaam to mohammedan s.c. and suhwardy shuvo!
that's my team...the original champion of koshaituli, old dhaka!
Old February 5, 2009, 12:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
হাস্যকর? কেন??
আন্ধা নাকি?!!!
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...5ODE5&mid=OA==
lol i cant read a word u said coz u typed in bengali and im in london... so cant c
Old February 5, 2009, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

these are good series. i hope bcb appeals to icc to make this official
Old February 5, 2009, 06:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Thanks Razi

Quote:
BRIEF SCORES
MOHAMMEDAN: 171-4 in 20 overs (Shamsur 13, Nasiruddin 29, Rashedul 9, Rokibul 58 not out, Marshal 22, Dollar 31, extras 9; Kamrul 1-24, Rubel 1-8, Enamul 1-16, Nayeem 1-41)
GAZI TANK: 151-7 in 20 overs (Kayes 0, Mithun 10, Ashraful 10, Nafis 43, Nayeem 39, Mukter 1, Hasan 2, Kamrul 33, Rubel 5 not out, extras 8; Tareq 2-25, Sajedul 2-30, Shuvo 3-24)
Result: Mohammedan won by 20 runs.
It was probably a good match, missed it. 171/4 & 151/7 not bad. Kayes out on '0' has set back Gazi Tank, I guess.

Good decsion for MOS.
Old February 5, 2009, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Nice to see raqib still in some nice form
Old February 5, 2009, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Mohammedan T20 champs
The Daily Star, Thursday, February 5, 2009

IN FULL FLOW: Mohammedan's Rokibul Hassan follows through on an on-drive during his whirlwind 58 off 40 deliveries against Gazi Tank in the Premier Division Twenty20 Tournament final at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday. Photo: STAR

Mohammedan Sporting Club might not have had the favourites tag at the start of the Premier Division Twenty20 Tournament, but the popular Motijheel outfit lived up to the weight of expectations of their strong fan following by lifting the first title of the season with a 20-run victory over star-studded Gazi Tank in the final at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

Mohammedan's victory over Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful-led Gazi Tank looked a reality when they put on a commanding 171-4 in their share of 20 overs, thanks to a fine half-century by Rokibul Hassan.

Gazi, in their chase, put on a brave fight but eventually finished on 151-7 in front of a modest crowd in Mirpur.

Although a T20 tournament means more than just a ball-bashing competition with India perhaps setting a high standard of how it would attract more audience and money, the effort on the part of Bangladesh Cricket Board was uninspiring to say the least. After a mundane week the organisers tried to inject some flavour in the latest version of the game with music blaring from the in-field sound system during the break in the final. But it definitely did not match the standard set in the middle by the two fighting teams let alone the buzz of the IPL.

There were a few entertaining innings from both sides and Rokibul was pick of them and his blistering knock eventually made the difference.

The national middle-order batsman milked the bowlers with singles and played some big shots during his unbeaten 40-ball 58 as Mohammedan piled up an impressive total after deciding to bat first.

The right-hander executed four beautiful boundaries and smashed two sixes but it was number six Dollar Mahmud who came up with a little whirlwind clobbering three towering sixes in his 15-ball 31 not out.

Nayeem Islam and captain Mohammad Ashraful were at the receiving end conceding 41 runs in four overs and 31 runs in three respectively.

Opener Nasiruddin Faruque however set the tone of the Mohammedan innings belting the first ball to the mid-wicket boundary. He made a brisk 29 off 16 balls that contained five fours and a six.

Mohammedan batsmen only showed respect to Gazi Tank right-arm paceman Rubel Hossain who conceded only eight runs in 3 overs.

Chasing a challenging total, Gazi desperately needed a similar act from their semifinal hero opener Imrul Kayes. But the left-hander got out for a duck edging the second delivery of the innings from Tareq Aziz Khan down the leg side to Nasiruddin Faruque.

Tareq struck again in his second over and the two quick blows left Gazi skipper Ashraful with a difficult task of winning the match. Mohammedan didn't have to wait long to see the back of dangerman Ashraful, who miscued an attempted pull straight to Tareq at deep square-leg.

Nafis Iqbal (41) and Nayeem Islam (39) tried to mend the early damages but their effort was not good enough against an ever-increasing run-rate.

Kamrul Islam however provided some real excitement to the game towards the end.

It was fantastic to watch the way the left-hander drove through the offside during his 15-ball 33 that featured five fours and a six but it was never going to be enough.

"Mohammedan deserved this victory because they were the better side today. I think it's a good final and we also played good cricket throughout the tournament," said Ashraful, who was adjudged player of the tournament for consistent batting.

On the other hand Sohrawordi Shuvo, the Mohammedan captain, said that it was not the big names but performance that count.

"We don't have star players in the team but we won as a unit who put their best effort in the field," said the all-rounder.

Earlier in the third-place deciding match at the same venue, Shakib Al Hasan returned to his usual self after a frustrating semifinal as Biman scored an eight-run victory over outgoing champions Abahani.

Shakib smashed four boundaries and three sixes as Biman made 148 for six in 20 overs after being sent into bat first.

In reply, Sahagir Hossain hit 26-ball 37 with the help of five fours and a six but still Abahani finished their 20-over quota for 140-8.

BRIEF SCORES

MOHAMMEDAN: 171-4 in 20 overs (Shamsur 13, Nasiruddin 29, Rashedul 9, Rokibul 58 not out, Marshal 22, Dollar 31, extras 9; Kamrul 1-24, Rubel 1-8, Enamul 1-16, Nayeem 1-41)
GAZI TANK: 151-7 in 20 overs (Kayes 0, Mithun 10, Ashraful 10, Nafis 43, Nayeem 39, Mukter 1, Hasan 2, Kamrul 33, Rubel 5 not out, extras 8; Tareq 2-25, Sajedul 2-30, Shuvo 3-24)
Result: Mohammedan won by 20 runs.

BIMAN: 148-6 in 20 overs (Zahurul 23, Shakib 48, Sajjad 22, extras 18; Shuvashis 2-28, Nasir 2-21)
ABAHANI: 140-8 in 20 overs (Rony 21, Sahagir 37, Nadif 19, extras 15; Shahadat 2-26, Mahbubul 2-38)
Result: Biman won by eight runs.
I like the Mohammaden jersey.Anyways,thanks for the article.