facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 12, 2018, 12:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Environment around Bangladesh team 'dirty' - Khaled Mahmud

Quote:
Khaled Mahmud is no longer interested in the job of Bangladesh team's technical director, saying the environment around the players has become "dirty". He made these comments after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said it was unlikely to find a head coach before the Nidihas Trophy in March.

It is increasingly possible that the current coaching setup will go with the team to the T20 tournament in Sri Lanka considering the board has already rejected Richard Pybus and Phil Simmons' applications for the head coach's position.

Mahmud said Bangladesh's loss in the ODI tri-series final and the Test series has put him under pressure. He claimed he was being unfairly targeted, even though several previous Bangladesh coaches had begun their careers with defeats. Dav Whatmore, Jamie Siddons and Chandika Hathurusingha had all started their stints poorly.

"Personally I am no longer interested to work with Bangladesh cricket," Mahmud said. "I honestly feel it is becoming very dirty. I have always worked for the development of Bangladesh cricket. There is no self-interest involved [on my part]. But I am no longer interested.

"The board will decide whether I should be going to the Nidihas Trophy. The fact that I am still around after our defeats is the biggest talking point. A lot of big coaches started off with bad results. Bangladesh's performance may be because of our planning but there are more stories."

The only stories he elaborated upon were his gripe with the media and the talk about the Dhaka pitch. Mahmud questioned the Bangladesh players whom he said were not ready to battle on the spin-friendly track.

"I don't want to give any excuses whether it was a turning wicket or a bouncy track. If I am a player, I should play well in all types of wickets. There's no point using the wickets as an excuse.

"Wasn't the wicket tough for Roshen Silva who was playing only his second Test match? He struggled, he fought. We didn't fight. I didn't see that someone struggled for a long time and then got out to a brilliant delivery. It becomes viral when people start talking about the wicket," he said.

Mahmud said that they had prepared well in advance to play on spin-friendly pitches, and reiterated that Sri Lanka's lack of experience meant that they could have been easily countered in home conditions.

"Everyone knew how the wicket would play at least 15-20 days ahead. We were unlucky in Chittagong where the wicket didn't play as it should have. If we could play against Australia on a turning wicket, so is Sri Lanka God?

"What do the Sri Lankans have that we can't play against them? They only had Kusal Mendis and Dhananjaya de Silva. How many Tests have they played?".

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...-khaled-mahmud
Sour grapes? Or is there some truth in this all?

Old February 12, 2018, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Not a coach material. If he stays on there will be more defeats. Already drama started after just 1 series. Doesn't have it in him sorry

Masfrafee should get his coaching training after he retires and maybe groomed for future for that role. Until then keep searching for foreign professional coach.
Old February 12, 2018, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

If the senior players lack discipline and motivation to work hard, KM should raise these issues to the board. He should also highlight his plans and how he tried to help the team. If he does not get the required help, he should resign. He should not be making statements like "board will decide if I will be there for the next series" while simultaneously saying he has lost interest. If he has truly lost interest, resign. End of story. Don't make a hypocritical statement like a politician who says that public will decide when asked about his or her future.

Also blaming the media does not help. Whether it's BD, IND, or UK media, media is media. If you do well, they will shower you with praise, and if you fail, they will crucify you.

I am doubtful of him. We don't need a snowflake coach who needs safe space and trigger alert.
Old February 12, 2018, 01:15 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Emotional outburst. Not fit for the job, professionally and physically. It's better for him to resign and focus on his health instead of playing games like saying "I am no longer interested to work with Bangladesh cricket" but at the same time saying "The board will decide whether I should be going to the Nidihas Trophy."
Old February 12, 2018, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Definitely sour grapes. My insider source told me he was lobbying for the post all along, still is probably.

And he complains about the set up being dirty, but the dirty setup is what made him the manager of the team, a position he retains to this day.

He is a product of the corrupt BCB, not a byproduct of it.
Old February 12, 2018, 02:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yes, yes bhais and apus...I agree with everything you said.
But today, environmental crisis is not only a BD cricket team related issue, but It is a global crisis, please I would like you all to remember that.

Asoon, er jonno hamra kischu ekta kori.
+ er jonno hami sorkar o jonugon + Chatro somaj-ke egiye asar junnu ahuban janacchi!
Old February 12, 2018, 03:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Can we get a round of applause for OP for taking the pain and hassle to quote and post the link to such a breaking news? For what its worth, like Eshen he has been relentlessly contributing here and deserves a title...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 12, 2018, 03:11 PM
Cricket Savant

...and all you idiots are falling for it. Heck I am surprised Austin didn't open this thread.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 12, 2018, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Our Seniors players are cancerous. Unfortunately we can not do without their contributions. Over egotistical immature most of them. Only Mashrafee I feel has the maturity to take no nonsense from anyone.
Old February 12, 2018, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Sudhu Dirty business, derty business, bachau bachau boley chitkaar korlei hobe naa...Amra details suntey chai....ki hoyeche, Ghotunata ki? Jhere kasoon + khuley bolun dada...Ektu astey astey rosiye rosiye bolun!
Old February 12, 2018, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

When things are good, everybody looks like hero, but when things goes bad, that's when you find our the real leaders from pretenders.

The hodge-podge tag-team was bound to fail, but I am surprised it started to decay so quickly.

If hodge-podge team continue beyond this series, things will get ugly.... it will be like naked mud wrestling..

It will be a bad time for the fans, the only bright spot will be ... may be ... all the village idiots will be further exposed.

And yes ....eventually we will need a strict disciplinarian to get back to normal...some blood bath..... no alternative to that.
Old February 12, 2018, 04:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Promote Walsh as Head Coach.

End of Discussion.

This way he will get the much deserved axing.
Old February 12, 2018, 04:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
And yes ....eventually we will need..some blood bath..... no alternative to that.
Ooohhh yes Fazal mama! We need a full blood bath...ekdon shoto kothar ek kotha bolechen apni! Apni amkey ekebarey supoer excited korey felechen.

We need a blood bath like the Aztecs from north to south... like Darius from Persia to the border of Mycenae - East to west.
Then we will show war dance kakey boley...We will turn full Comanche under the moonlight at SBNS.
Old February 12, 2018, 04:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Then we will show war dance kakey boley...We will turn full Comanche under the moonlight at SBNS.
Who will lead?

In one side Crybaby and on the other side "dirty" Mahmud?

Are amra shob gool hoye boshey talia bajabo.
Old February 12, 2018, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Lol.

They were so happy and eager to have Khaled Mahmud as coach, as most of the seniors thought his 'Yes' man type. Now, the same person who they were happy with busted them.

Good thing no one is blaming Hathura anymore. It's just our morons are bunch of Donkeys.

Hopefully more comes out. BCB by definition is a dirty institution, like the government of BD.
Old February 12, 2018, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Lol.

They were so happy and eager to have Khaled Mahmud as coach, as most of the seniors thought his 'Yes' man type. Now, the same person who they were happy with busted them.

Good thing no one is blaming Hathura anymore. It's just our morons are bunch of Donkeys.

Hopefully more comes out. BCB by definition is a dirty institution, like the government of BD.
Bangladesh government illegally holding on to power. [Hasina]

BCB illegally elected themselves based on a illegal constitution [Papon]

and both of the Head are related, Hasina and Papon..

too much mess to be honest. Our slow growth in cricket is due to those politics.
Old February 12, 2018, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Shots fired, waiting for a classic Mushfiq rebuttal

Shujon is crap but he made some decent points
Old February 12, 2018, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Lazy seniors(except Shakib)

Need to be kicked out on their ***, and paraded naked around town.

Waste of tax payers money on such a miserly board.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Most of his words actually proved that the team management completely failed. If you complain that the same players performed earlier and couldn't perform this time, it means you couldn't handle them properly.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Heres proof of why Bangladeshi coaches are not ready to handle the job. Way too much pressure from media, fans-always under scrutiny and doubt. Keeping players in check, ability to separate team from politics/board/club.

But i think Mahmud has missed the most important point. Was Bangladesh tactically prepared? Did they work on opposition weaknesses? Did they figure out how they would handle Sri Lankan bowlers?

I think it was badly lacking. Whereas you knew Sri Lankan batters had a clear plan how to face our bowlers, and their bowlers knew precisely how to bowl to our batsmen. Even the field placement was excellent.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

You tried to prepare a spin friendly pitch and expect to win against Herath, Dilruwan, and Akila...

Those 3 are better than Razzal, Taijul, and Miraz...

Sorry to say this, but it's the truth
Old February 12, 2018, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Coming t20 series is getting hotter and hotter ....with 5 new bees , Bd might fight back strongly..because they will play with their heart not face book or YouTube video... If those kids got succeed... we might see... cut and fire in the team ...
Tamim , sakib, Riad only the seniors will stay live , rest Anna Hari....
Old February 12, 2018, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Afif , ariful, and Rahi will play must ... I like to see Jakir playing and musfiq bringing the water bottles in the field ....
Cha cha wait ... Bd will beat lanka by 2-0 and you will be in the picture again... just tell the players you like to go srilanka for the late honeymoon, I’m sure young bloods will manage for you.... the win of glory... Bd needs you.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, every aspect of our cricket is now publicly a joke. Such is life.
Old February 12, 2018, 11:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Definitely sour grapes. My insider source told me he was lobbying for the post all along, still is probably.

And he complains about the set up being dirty, but the dirty setup is what made him the manager of the team, a position he retains to this day.

He is a product of the corrupt BCB, not a byproduct of it.
Maybe he expected he would get a free pass from the media and the fans, just because he is a Bangladeshi. Delusional.