facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 27, 2006, 05:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default for those who insist on supporting BCCI

right here from the cash-wh**es' mouth (pun intended): attendance at all matches not involving India at champs trophy has been low. however BCCI mentioned that because BD matches had low turn out they wouldn't host us.

this link from indian cricket fever's finest proves that the BCCI is full of crap.

read it and weep.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/r...551062&sid=119

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by Nasif; October 27, 2006 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: Language

Old October 27, 2006, 05:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Indians have always treated Bangladeshis like **** and will continue to do so. It's not BCCI alone, it's the Indian authority as a whole. Scheduling all BD matches bfore WC with Zimbabwe, Kenya, Scotland, and Canada is an early indication of how they are targeting to NOT let us improve our skills. In realistic terms, they know about our potential, and will NOT allow anything good to happen so easily.

They will break all rules and go out of their way to do whatever **** they can with BD. BD needs to do something to counter this deal with the indians, so that we don't get targeted as often. This is a shame for the indians...once again they've proved their unethical stance in sports. Fudge them.
Old October 27, 2006, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

BCCI? what the [] is this?

Last edited by Nasif; October 27, 2006 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: language
Old October 27, 2006, 08:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
the way some indians act in canada is like they own the country.
I swear man...you're so damn right. [] wangsters!

Last edited by Nasif; October 27, 2006 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Language
Old October 28, 2006, 06:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Don't want to comment anything on those intrusive [censored].
Old October 28, 2006, 08:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Stay on topic...don't act like sharks to a feeding frenzy! Lets not start a hatefest. What have Indians in Canada got to do with BCCI? Such sweeping connections can be made for a lot of nationalities. Its tasteless and unconstructive and pointless!
Old October 28, 2006, 09:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default stop wining

I agree with Zobair. And stop whining everyone. You are embarassing us, specially you Bancan.If you dont' like Indians in Canada, then just avoid them. Yes Indians don't like us and all that, Mr Kabir. Neither do Pakistanis, they are very racist towards Bangladeshis and Bengalis. But it's their right, so be it and stop whining. If you whine, you're just embarassing us even more.

And to everyone else in this forum:Stop COMPLAINING about BCCI not wanting to host us. If they don't want to host us then that's the end of the story, what's the point of complaining. And not touring India is not going to hurt our cricket. Use some common sense. At this point you are just embarassing all bangladeshi cricket supporters.
Old October 28, 2006, 10:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
right here from the cash-wh**es' mouth (pun intended): attendance at all matches not involving India at champs trophy has been low. however BCCI mentioned that because BD matches had low turn out they wouldn't host us.

this link from indian cricket fever's finest proves that the BCCI is full of crap.

read it and weep.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/r...551062&sid=119
As an Indian I dont see anything to be sad , forget weep !!.

If an Indian spectator is not interested in any match not involving India in a meaningless tourny ( 6months before the WC) how can BCCI be blamed for it .

Have an India vs [ country] ...you have huge crowds test/odi .

I think it is but natural.

Also , things are changing quick and fast in India .I would not imagine myself sitting through a Aus-Eng match forfitting my work.I might have done the same say 5 years ago ..but not anymore .The middle class in India right now cannot afford to leave office for a match that does not involve India .Also they have a choice in terms of entertainment so why watch a match that takes of their day in which their country is not involved.

I cant imagine Aussie fans watching a WI vs India match in sydney (apart form the Indians in Aus)

Afterall cricket is just a sport !!
Old October 28, 2006, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
I agree with Zobair. And stop whining everyone. You are embarassing us, specially you Bancan.If you dont' like Indians in Canada, then just avoid them. Yes Indians don't like us and all that, Mr Kabir. Neither do Pakistanis, they are very racist towards Bangladeshis and Bengalis. But it's their right, so be it and stop whining. If you whine, you're just embarassing us even more.
I'm sorry if I'm embarassing you. But really, I'm deeply hurt that you're not trying to understand the deeper meaning of it. Yes, the discussion did have some meaningless aspect to it (such as how Indians act towards other nationalities), but that's an analogy to how BCCI treats BD team.

Quote:
And to everyone else in this forum:Stop COMPLAINING about BCCI not wanting to host us. If they don't want to host us then that's the end of the story, what's the point of complaining. And not touring India is not going to hurt our cricket. Use some common sense. At this point you are just embarassing all bangladeshi cricket supporters.
If you really think everyone's COMPLAINING about the fact that BCCI isn't hosting BD and that'll hurt our cricket, then I'm sorry, you didn't quite get it. Yes I'm a new member of BanglaCricket, but what you don't know is that, I've been following your forums since mid-2005. I've never posted a thing here, coz I thought I don't need to. I recently thought I should get involved, and that's why I'm here. History apart, I think there has been agreements b/w BCCI and BCB...which I'm not completely aware of. But what I fail to understand is how you don't realize how BCCI is targeting BD team. This is oppressive, and unacceptable. Why the hell do you guys comlain with the WESTERN nations oppressing others then? Please, understand politics, and then try to feel embarassed when you need to. If we're still embarassing you, then we're sorry.

Moderators: If you think this isn't an appropriate BD cricket related thread, you can block this thread.

The reality is, we need to know how other nations are targeting our cricket.
Old October 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat

If an Indian spectator is not interested in any match not involving India in a meaningless tourny ( 6months before the WC) how can BCCI be blamed for it .

Also , things are changing quick and fast in India .I would not imagine myself sitting through a Aus-Eng match forfitting my work.I might have done the same say 5 years ago ..but not anymore .The middle class in India right now cannot afford to leave office for a match that does not involve India .Also they have a choice in terms of entertainment so why watch a match that takes of their day in which their country is not involved.

I cant imagine Aussie fans watching a WI vs India match in sydney (apart form the Indians in Aus)

Yes, you're right. But you fail to see how BD team is targeted. BCCI could have been more general, and said that they wouldn't host any match that doesn't involve Indian team.

Either way, I'm not interested in BCCI anymore, because their ideal scenario isn't an all-inclusive sporting environment. Sorry, but that's the reality.
Old October 28, 2006, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

for those who insist on supporting BCCI

al Furqaan, can you be more specific? Besides for some very few Indian guests here, who else do you really think support BCCI. I know few people here support Indian Cricket team as their 2nd/3rd team. But I doubt anyone of them really care much about BCCI one way or another.

So who is your target audience, whe you said "those who insist on supporting BCCI"?

Just wondering...
Old October 28, 2006, 03:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
for those who insist on supporting BCCI

al Furqaan, can you be more specific? Besides for some very few Indian guests here, who else do you really think support BCCI. I know few people here support Indian Cricket team as their 2nd/3rd team. But I doubt anyone of them really care much about BCCI one way or another.

So who is your target audience, whe you said "those who insist on supporting BCCI"?

Just wondering...
the few indian guests who continue to try to defend the undefenable...anyways i'm ready to drop the subject since i discovered the "slam dunk" evidence

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 28, 2006, 05:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Verdict:
--Bharat has a point. I don't watch any other games besides Bangladesh games.
--Fazal has even a stronger point.
--Bancan should receive a strong warning for posting 2 back to back offensive. messages. In fact, if it were up to me, I would write him a temprary suspension from this board.
Old October 28, 2006, 06:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
Indians have always treated Bangladeshis like **** and will continue to do so. It's not BCCI alone, it's the Indian authority as a whole. Scheduling all BD matches bfore WC with Zimbabwe, Kenya, Scotland, and Canada is an early indication of how they are targeting to NOT let us improve our skills. In realistic terms, they know about our potential, and will NOT allow anything good to happen so easily.

They will break all rules and go out of their way to do whatever **** they can with BD. BD needs to do something to counter this deal with the indians, so that we don't get targeted as often. This is a shame for the indians...once again they've proved their unethical stance in sports. Fudge them.
wow! these comments have taken the saying 'nachte na janle uthan baka' to a completely new level. these comments insult the intellect of all bangladeshis. maybe its better for you to address your inferiority compex issues first before starting a clash of nations conspiracy theory. sounds uncannily similar to our respected patriotic statesmen!
Old October 28, 2006, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
the few indian guests who continue to try to defend the undefenable...anyways i'm ready to drop the subject since i discovered the "slam dunk" evidence
Dude, you are invoking the words that were used in conjunction with evidence to say that Iraq had WMDs. We know what happened to the WMDs in Iraq

Anyways, this kind of stereotyped bashing does not help anyone.
Old October 28, 2006, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

there are a lot of offensive posts here. if u think my posts are un tolarable then ban me. u hav the right. but i stand by my posts.
Old October 29, 2006, 12:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
wow! these comments have taken the saying 'nachte na janle uthan baka' to a completely new level. these comments insult the intellect of all bangladeshis. maybe its better for you to address your inferiority compex issues first before starting a clash of nations conspiracy theory. sounds uncannily similar to our respected patriotic statesmen!
It's sad that no intellects of BD think like you. I'ld rather stay quiet than argue with you.
Old October 29, 2006, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

How about inviting Nepal, Nairobi or Hong Kong in Bangladesh for 2 months to play a series? Will you have any interest to go and see the games in the stadiums? The way we think about Nepal, the same way BCCI thinks about BD. Unfortunaletely thats the standard now, current BD national team cant compete even at the Ranji level. The stadium will remain empty and I highly doubt BD will gain anything from those matches other than piling up more lossess. ICC arranged matches with ZIM, KEN, SCOT etc because BD can play competitive cricket and at least win some matches, this will help BD how to win. First learn how to swim efficiently in the pond before going to the ocean, please.

The day BD can throw enough challenges to India Cricket, BCCI will beg BCB to visit India. Until then, nothing to be ashamed about playing in BD. I dont support BCCI's decision, but in the days of commercial cricket I cant blame them much either.
Old October 29, 2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
How about inviting Nepal, Nairobi or Hong Kong in Bangladesh for 2 months to play a series? Will you have any interest to go and see the games in the stadiums? The way we think about Nepal, the same way BCCI thinks about BD. Unfortunaletely thats the standard now, current BD national team cant compete even at the Ranji level. The stadium will remain empty and I highly doubt BD will gain anything from those matches other than piling up more lossess. ICC arranged matches with ZIM, KEN, SCOT etc because BD can play competitive cricket and at least win some matches, this will help BD how to win. First learn how to swim efficiently in the pond before going to the ocean, please.

The day BD can throw enough challenges to India Cricket, BCCI will beg BCB to visit India. Until then, nothing to be ashamed about playing in BD. I dont support BCCI's decision, but in the days of commercial cricket I cant blame them much either.
Pure non-sense! BD is a way better team now. According to the Champions Trophy 2006 which is currently going on in India, we did a good job in any standard you are talking about. Though, our expectation was high...thats different thing!!
Old October 29, 2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:

The above statement is logical and true. But, I have failed to understand BCCI's statement regarding hosting BD!
As per you...Indians only watch cricket if they play, due to time constrain. Very realistic. According to you, then, there is no prob. for BCCI to invite Bangladesh and make money!
Thats what al-Furqaan wanted to point it out.
Old October 29, 2006, 07:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme

please see the link in post #1...BCCI said because we garnered low fan interest they wont host us. but all teams excluding india (the home team) garnered low fan interest. but we are exclusively denied a rightful series.

the Q is why is india the only team to not host us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 29, 2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:

Jo...hujur Jahapona....upni ja bolen tai hobe. Mohanubhob...ei balokder khamer dristi-te dekhun.
Old October 29, 2006, 09:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
please see the link in post #1...BCCI said because we garnered low fan interest they wont host us. but all teams excluding india (the home team) garnered low fan interest. but we are exclusively denied a rightful series.

the Q is why is india the only team to not host us.
But everybody except for a couple of us (and by this i mean only 3 people) failed to see this point. Why specifically BD when all other teams generated low fan turnout? I guess we're speaking different languages here...nobody seems to be able to understand this question.
Old October 29, 2006, 10:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

While I completely agree with you, I must say there are lot of other sports where Indian organizers fail to attract fans yet they do not hesitate to organize or participate. Football, Tennis, Kabadi, Ping pong, handball, badminton, boxing...are these games not played in india? How much money do the respective federations earn by hosting/participating? If these feds were thinking like BCCI, these games would have now been extinct in india.
Old October 30, 2006, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bharat,
We have gone through with this many times in the past in this forum. Will try to vent my frustration one more time. This is not against you or any spectator. You have not made the comment of BD matches had low turn out and that is the reason they wouldn't host BD. My gripe is against BCCI not against Indians. Supporting BCCI with lame excuses hold no water.

1st, BD didn't play India so it was bound to have a low turnout. Just like Zim - SL, SL - WI, Zim - WI. Why does BCCI host SL and WI and not us?
Why would they make a stupid uncalled for comment like that in the 1st place?

Just to honor ICCs obligations if England, Australia, SA, NZ, WI can host us, no matter how much we suck or how little revenue we bring in (yeck how much loss they incur), then why can't BCCI host us?

Reyme,
Yes we (BD), the BCB, would at least host Nepal if ICC had given them recognition no question asked. Even if that meant free admission for school boys and still the stadium remained empty. Just like any other civilized, sensible cricket board would do. This is nothing to do with money also as BCCI would put that spin. Your arguement worth a big fat zero. The only way BD or any other team can improve is to play with the big boys often. Playing with lower competition does not improve their own performance but only helps the lower team to improve and gain experience.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; October 30, 2006 at 01:44 PM..