facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 17, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default National Rugby League (NRL)

Any Rugby League fans on BC?
Old February 3, 2013, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Im sure that their are a couple of BC members that live in Australia who follow NRL. We can start to talk about it in this thread

All Stars match is coming up. Perfect chance of Adam Reynolds to show he is a contender for the #7 NSW Origin jersey.
Old June 6, 2013, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

State of Origin was one hell of a match. NSW dominated that game with their forward pack. QLD need to make decisions on who to get rid off because NSW seem to be closing in on a series win after 6 years.
Old June 6, 2013, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
State of Origin was one hell of a match. NSW dominated that game with their forward pack. QLD need to make decisions on who to get rid off because NSW seem to be closing in on a series win after 6 years.
What a match ! It was full of action and some intense moments ! Blues are getting better ! Hopefully this time blues will win it.

Old June 6, 2013, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

BLUES!!!! Amazing stuff from em last night, the NSW forward pack is too quick on their feet for the qld forward pack..Hope we end the streak..
Old June 28, 2013, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
What a match ! It was full of action and some intense moments ! Blues are getting better ! Hopefully this time blues will win it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
BLUES!!!! Amazing stuff from em last night, the NSW forward pack is too quick on their feet for the qld forward pack..Hope we end the streak..
A bit late posting on this thread but I guess we jumped the gun because the Blues were piss poor in the 2nd Origin match.

The Blues f***** it up. The match where they needed to lift to seal an Origin series victory they f***** up big time. I'd like to mention how crap Nathan Merritt performed. Disgraceful. I like him as a club player and have huge respect for him but i hated how Rabbitohs fans think he is so good and should have been playing Origin ages ago. I think they have come back to reality. Everyone should have been aware of Merritt's defence as it is very bad. He got targeted all game. He just isn't upto Origin standard. Those defensive reads he made were school boy errors.

Well i'm being a bit too harsh because QLD had home ground advantage but NSW really should have performed better. Maloney and Pearce went missing the whole game. Why is Pearce playing origin i will never know. Coaching was pathetic. Everyone knows Farah is our only true attacking weapon and in the 60th minute Laurie Daley decides to take him off?? Yeah i understand he wanted to give Josh Reynolds a go but taking off your best player? Stupidity i think. He should have taken Pearce off instead.

It's all down to the last game. I'm not confident about it because QLD have always been very good under pressure. Hayne might be back for the decider which is good. I'd keep Dugan in the team as he went well. He showed a lot of heart. Get rid off Merritt. I'd even consider bringing Idris into the team on the bench. He is playing great footy at the moment. Another worrying sign is that Gallen might be out for the decider.

7th straight Origin Series loss for Blues is looming...

Besides the footy what was even more shocking is the sin binning of 4 people! Have the refs lost their mind?
Old July 1, 2013, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Idris is gone for the whole season. Guess NSW won't pick him for the decider.
Old July 1, 2013, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Pick John Sutton and Put him anywhere on the field..Hayne in the wings and try and counter attack the Maroons early before they click instead of mentality of "lets just minimize the damage". Also the kicking game, pathetic in game 2, why was Farah kicking? Whole game Maloney and Pearce were silent..and when they did kick it was rubbish..don't even know why Pearce is playing origin heck Wallace is a better choice.
Old July 1, 2013, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Wallace would have been slightly better but i doubt he would have made any impact. I've wanted Sutton on the bench over Josh Reynolds because he adds much more utility worth. No point getting Reynolds on the field if it means Farah has to come off. Sutton would come on as another forward and would be a good backup in the halves and as a hooker if Farah does get injured.

Btw from the beginning of the series it should have been Carney and Maloney in the halves. Carney kinda already plays like a halfback so it wouldn't have made much of a difference if he was playing halfback in Origin over his preferred position as five eighth. Pearce/Maloney are our halves pairing now but in the not-to-distant-future youngsters such as Adam Reynolds, Albert Kelly, Josh Reynolds and Aidan Sezer will be pressuring the likes of Carney, Maloney, Pearce for a spot in the halves.

I'm hopeful that in the future the NSW halves will be A. Reynolds and Albert Kelly with perhaps Josh Reynolds on the bench. A. Reynolds has been great this season with the way he is steering his team across the paddock and Albert Kelly is playing cracking footy at the moment. Reynolds would keep the team composed and Kelly would add the X-factor to the Origin team.

You seem to know your footy BD Tigerz bhai. Which NRL team do you support?
Old July 2, 2013, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Which NRL team do you support?
I just hang my feet up and watch bhai, no fav team.
Old July 2, 2013, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I just hang my feet up and watch bhai, no fav team.
Haha no fav team = no heartbreaks. I like this ideology.

Should have used it for cricket though. :P
Old July 1, 2013, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Hopefully Blues Team for Game 3
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. James Maloney
7. Todd Carney
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Paul Gallen

14. Trent Merrin
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Aaron Woods
17. John Sutton

Fifita deserves to start because he has played well in Origin. The teams that started well ended up winning the game so i think it's important to start with your best team. That's why i've put Fifita and Tamou on. Gallen should be pushed to lock to get Watmough out of the team. Watmough doesn't contribute in Origin.

Hayne should be given the license to roam around the field and throughout the match Dugan and Hayne should swap positions.
Old July 1, 2013, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Go socceroos...
Old July 2, 2013, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Great team pagol bhai.

1. Counter attack early
2. Shut down thurston somehow
3. Kicking game has to be good dont give field possession anywhere near halfway.

If they can follow these steps and early i cant see them losing this time around in front of home crowd.
Old July 2, 2013, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Great team pagol bhai.

1. Counter attack early
2. Shut down thurston somehow
3. Kicking game has to be good dont give field possession anywhere near halfway.

If they can follow these steps and early i cant see them losing this time around in front of home crowd.
Exactly bhai. Forward pack would out muscle QLD early on which really dictates the amount of possession a team would get in the first half. Later on in the game players like Woods and Sutton would provide good impact. I want both Dugan and Hayne in the team because they are both match winners and quality players. The more match winners in the team the better. I'm just worried that Laurie Daley might opt to get rid off Dugan, place Hayne at fullback and draft in another winger into the team like Uate or worse stick with Merritt. Dugan and Hayne both deserve to be in the team.
Old July 7, 2013, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

The Blues Origin Team has been announced for Game 3

1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. M. Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Josh Reynolds
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Andrew Fifita

Good team selection. Similar to the team that I suggested. Liked how Hayne and Dugan are both in the team. They are both match winners. Josh Reynolds role in the team is questionable though.

I guess Merritt will never play Origin again
Old July 17, 2013, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Heartbroken with the end result. Two points away from breaking the 7 year drought. My heart aches. And what makes it worse is that the moronic streaker running onto the field on Maroons last tackle with 3 mins to go. Due to the rule about "intrusions" entering the field the Maroons got a repeat set on opposition 10m line with 3 minutes to go which killed any chance of Blues making a final attempt to score a try.

The end result is devastating. But one thing i would mention is how good Fifita is. Unbelievable player. Blues were unlucky to lose Lewis in the end part of the game. Jennings has hands like feet and Pearce should never play Origin ever again. We have start all over again next year. Argh...

Then again we played without Gallen or Hayne so overall it was a good effort by the Blues.
Old July 17, 2013, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Gotta mention about Farah's heroics. Has to play hooker/halfback/five eighth all by himself since the halfback Pearce can't do j***. Herculian effort from Farah although he has to make better kicking decisions next time.
Old April 4, 2014, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Can't believe the Eels are playing well. Nathan Peats, Hayne, Norman, Hopoate and Radradra are playing great footy.