facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Default Nazimuddin as a opening batsman with Tamim ! Mashrafe as a ODI captain ! Ashrafool as a test captain !

The new ODI debutant for Bangladesh Nazimuddin proved me wrong ( I thought he is a bhonda player after wathcing him batted in T20/20 WC series) by playing some terrific shots against the SA fast bowlers and he looked very confident with the bat but got out quickly which could happen as a new comer. He was a replacement for Aftab and it looks like a perfect replacement for Aftab but I wouldl like to see him as an opening batsman with Tamim which will be right arm left arm combinition.

If Nazimuddin clicks in the opening position then it will be difficult for Nafees and Junaid to keep their place in the ODI squad.

To me Ahrafool has still lot to give in test cricket specially against Srilanka and India. His batting is not up to the mark in the limited over matches. On the other hand Mashrafe looks comfortable in ODI with both ball and bat. He is smart enough to be a one day international captain of Bangladesh team.

When Aftab will be fully fit for playing cricket then the squad would be like:

1.Tamim ( Automatic choice in ODI )
2.Nazimuddin
3.Aftab
4.Ashrafool/Nafees ( i want to see Ashrafool is in test squad only)
5.Rokibul/ Farhad ( Farhad in ODI as an all rounder )
6.Sakib
7.Dhiman as Wk
8.Rajjak ( Automatic choice in ODI)
9.Riyad/Mossarof ( Riyad would be better choice in ODI who can bat well ) or Farhad (if 3 pacers required)
10.Mashrafe( Automatic choice in ODI) * ODI captain of BD
11. Rasel ( Automatic choice in ODI )

What you guys think ?

Last edited by arafath79; March 12, 2008 at 05:26 PM..
Old March 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafath79
To me Ahrafool has still lot to give in test cricket specially against Srilanka and India. His batting is not up to the mark in the limited over matches. On the other hand Mashrafe looks comfortable in ODI with both ball and bat. He is smart enough to be a one day international captain of Bangladesh team.
grow up man... ashraful is the dumbest player of bd cricket right now..any doubt? Mash is not smart enough, i would say. There are lots of player that you can pick.. like rajjak/rasel/sakib/SN... Mash is a good player, but he will not be good as a captain...
Old March 12, 2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
grow up man... ashraful is the dumbest player of bd cricket right now..any doubt? Mash is not smart enough, i would say. There are lots of player that you can pick.. like rajjak/rasel/sakib/SN... Mash is a good player, but he will not be good as a captain...
I grew up little bro. I agree with u that Ashrafool/Ashraful is the dumbest Bangladeshi player and he was the the dumbest player before. Basically Mashrafe will be better captain than Ashrafool in ODI as I would suggest.
Old March 12, 2008, 05:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My two cents, again: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Going back to Nazim, please don't get your hopes up just yet. His footwork makes him at least a couple of years of Academy and A-Team cricket away from a sustainable career at the highest level.

He also plays across the line and relies primarily on hand-eye coordination to get runs. It is possible to get away with that crap in the domestic circuit given the quality therein, but not the highest level by any stretch of the imagination.

Those technical liabilities notwithstanding, even his friends tease him about choking under the spotlight. Not only did that happen in the T20I WC, but also during the televised matches of the NCL. International cricket is ALL about the spotlight, and I don't expect him to do anything other than what, meaning the MANNER of his dismissals, we've SEEN so far.

Here's how he got out after his heroics against Pakistan. I believe this will show that he is far less ready technically and psychologically than the technically more sound RH Nirala who also has superior temperament up to a certain point.

Except for possibly the dismissal against Australia, T20 cricket DOES NOT give a top order batsman the license to get out in the manner in which he did. His dismissals against Dhaka during the televised matches in this year's NCL ALSO exposed his Tushar-esque footwork and lack of mental fortitude in front of a live audience. Please no silly comparisons to Sehwag or Gayle when it comes to footwork, not yet anyway.

Having said all that, I wish him all the best if he's selected into the XI, and sincerely hope that he proves me wrong and makes all of us (who believe he's not ready) that bitter humble pie ...
Beacuse of his atrocious defense and shuffles inside the crease, he's the perfect LBW candidate, especially against shifting lines of delivery on account of decent swing bowling. That makes him absurdly high risk to be an opener. Even his Chittagong teammates saw that in the NCL and never had him open !

But, I'll have him bat in the middle order instead of the totally out of ODI sorts (from the WC, look as his numbers) Abir - the one with the real Aloukik Kaupal in light of those numbers - and see if he can score a few more until Aftab returns.

Other elements of the thread title? I apologize for not feeling like qualifying them, sorry !
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 12, 2008 at 07:35 PM..
Old March 12, 2008, 05:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Djnaved, no offense intended, but I think you are the one have to grow up a bit. You are still young, I guess. I think you are one of the fans who doesn't know the history of BD cricket. One of the fans, who started following BD cricket after the win against India during the WC 2007.

You are calling Ash the dumbest player of BD cricket but you forgot his past. He's the only reason of the turning point of BD cricket. Because of his historic match winning 100 against Australia, the world started to respect us a bit more. He is the only reason we've won some matches against the top team.(exluding wins against India).

WE all know he's not good in talking with people. He's not scoring runs and for last 3 matches he's not doing okay as captain. That doesn't make him the dumbest player of BD cricket.

If you call him dumbest then what you going to call SN? Super dumb? NO you won't call him that cause you are a die hard supporter of him. You are not looking at his records. He always gets out in same fashions. He always gets out after getting set. He's only good against the Zimbabwe. And you want to make him the captain? Man.. look at his scors of last 10 matches. You will get the picture.

Jaake like korben tar shob kichui maaf ar jaake like korbenna tar valo ta o kharap. tai na?? I see you in most of the threads calling for Ash's head. But nothing for SN despites his failings.

I'm a big fan of Ashraful. But I also want him to get dropped from the team for few months so that he can get his basics rights. He has some problem in his mind and he should see a sports psychologist.

No Offence.
Peace.
Old March 12, 2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc

Jaake like korben tar shob kichui maaf ar jaake like korbenna tar valo ta o kharap. tai na?? I see you in most of the threads calling for Ash's head. But nothing for SN despites his failings.

I'm a big fan of Ashraful. But I also want him to get dropped from the team for few months so that he can get his basics rights. He has some problem in his mind and he should see a sports psychologist.

No Offence.
Peace.
Murad bhai I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings. I can see u r a big fan of Ashrafool but I am not a fan of Shahriar or Ashrafool either. I can't say anythin bad about SN yet coz i still believe SN is a class batsman than Ash. Nafees still has got one of the best batting average among the BD batsmen and he just needs to get his form back by the help of the coach.
Old March 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Djnaved, no offense intended, but I think you are the one have to grow up a bit. You are still young, I guess. I think you are one of the fans who doesn't know the history of BD cricket. One of the fans, who started following BD cricket after the win against India during the WC 2007.

You are calling Ash the dumbest player of BD cricket but you forgot his past. He's the only reason of the turning point of BD cricket. Because of his historic match winning 100 against Australia, the world started to respect us a bit more. He is the only reason we've won some matches against the top team.(exluding wins against India).

WE all know he's not good in talking with people. He's not scoring runs and for last 3 matches he's not doing okay as captain. That doesn't make him the dumbest player of BD cricket.

If you call him dumbest then what you going to call SN? Super dumb? NO you won't call him that cause you are a die hard supporter of him. You are not looking at his records. He always gets out in same fashions. He always gets out after getting set. He's only good against the Zimbabwe. And you want to make him the captain? Man.. look at his scors of last 10 matches. You will get the picture.

No Offence.
Peace.

dude, i think u didn't read all of my posts.. i also criticized SN for his bad performances. For true, i was also a die-hard fan of ashraful, but look at his batting averages. SN is also having a bad form, but he still scores 20-25 runs in test matches,where Ash scored 0-10...

SN jotota na wicket throw kore, tar theke beshi wicket throw kore hoilo ashraful...eita apnake mantei hobe..

akhon boltachen asher past performance ami bhule gechi, kintu past performance dia ki hobe bole shuni...

basharer past performance to onek valo chilo, kintu basar akhon doler baire keno? ash jodi teame thake tahole basharo thakbe

look at steve ticolo, neither he is top class neither he's world class , but he has a big respnsibility for his team. he tries all the things to save his team...

i'm a young guy, i might be wrong, but most of my prediction was right. you can check my post,if you want to. now dropping ash would also be a right decision

Last edited by djnaved; March 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM..
Old March 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
dude, i think u didn't read all of my posts.. i also criticized SN for his bad performances. For true, i was also a die-hard fan of ashraful, but look at his batting averages. SN is also having a bad form, but he still scores 20-25 runs in test matches,where Ash scored 0-10...

akhon boltachen asher past performance ami bhule gechi, kintu past performance dia ki hobe bole shuni...

basharer past performance to onek valo chilo, kintu basar akhon doler baire keno? ash jodi teame thake tahole basharo thakbe

i'm a young guy, i might be wrong, but most of my prediction was right. you can check my post,if you want to. now dropping ash would also be a right decision

@ muradnyc: bhaijan read this quote from cricinfo

"If Bangladesh can drop Habibul Bashar out of the squad, then why can't they drop Ashraful as well? He is simply not able to lead Bangladesh. When the team needs him the most, he disappoints everyone

never mind bro, ami shobshomoy analyze kore kotha boli... ashrafuler jaigai jodi amar favorite player tamim jodi thakto, amio same kotha boltam...
Old March 12, 2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

another kid's thread - rubbish

ashfool or mashfool, none are smart or matured or clever enough to do any captaincy

take razzak, javed omar, rajin for caps, that will do!
Old March 12, 2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germany
another kid's thread - rubbish

ashfool or mashfool, none are smart or matured or clever enough to do any captaincy

take razzak, javed omar, rajin for caps, that will do!
May be you don't know that Rajin was selected as a captain for ODI series ( most probably in oneof those ASIA up ODI not so sure ) and he was proved himself the dumbest captain and batsman of BNGLADESH. Rajjak and JO as captain !!! You please don't sound like a dumb and make any childish comment .

Last edited by arafath79; March 12, 2008 at 06:08 PM..
Old March 12, 2008, 06:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

as if changing captain means fixing all problems.
Old March 12, 2008, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

what a useless thread. if u dont have patience then dont follow BD cricket. dui din na jaitei captain change koro, drop koro..bla bla bla...
Old March 12, 2008, 07:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

bad idea
keep ashraFOOL for another 10 years
Old March 12, 2008, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

completely agree with what BD Tigers said, i mean what u gonna say if mash n ash perform badly in fridays game, 'nazimuddin for captain?' just follow the game with ur heart man ..
Old March 12, 2008, 07:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Nazimuddin is a player i would like to see more of and it certainly would ease the pressure off Tamim from trying to score too quickly.

Ash is the man, we must keep him as captain. Everybody else will do just as bad or worse. e.g. if we instated Nafees, Mash, Aftab... how long would it be from when they get dropped from the team, at least with Ash he will be playing
Old March 12, 2008, 09:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I dont understand when the WHOLE TEAM is delivering 'crap', people are so eager to change the captain. AS IF we are going to win by having mashraee as ODI captain, who constantly swing and hit and gets out and ashrafool as Test captain, who.. well where shall i start!! He gave an hillerius press conf after the match... I was embarassed hearing him.

Players just need to understand that each of them has a responsibility on their shoulder.. changing captain is hardly going to help.
Old March 12, 2008, 09:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think its not time to go for two captains. also junaid is not that slow that u call him an test batsman. he is an attacking players with big shots but with TAMIM he plays the anchor role so that tamim hits his shots.

if u remember the t20 match between mohammedan and abahoni where both those hit centuries.........for opposite temas. i wan in mirpur stadium and that was a treat to watch.

i think nazimuddin shoud be one downwith rakibul and ashraful to follow

tamim
junaid
nazim
rakibul
ashraful
sakibul
dhiman
rubel
razzak
mashrafe
shahadat
Old March 13, 2008, 01:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I think you got everything wrong.

Someone like Raqibul should be with Tamim in opening, if both are blind hitters, they don't compliment each other.

ODI is a batsman's game and Mash is not suitable for that job, if he was as good as KD, IK, IB etc allrounders, could be ok. He is not yet a allrounder.

Ash is playing ODI in test and you want to make him test captain only.

Any way having two captain in two form only increases politics within the team and not good for team cohession. I don't like the idea at all and some teams tried it but it did not prove to be a good one.

Let things remain as it is. our problem is in batting of every player almost, let them try to solve it, peacefully, and not create further problem for them.