facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Aussies for instance had organized a spin camp a couple of months back to prepare for their upcoming tours. Thats the way to develop skills. http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...ry/576069.html

We also complain, Shane Jurgensen hasnt improved our bowling at all. But apart from pre series camps does have get any other opportunity to work with national team and emerging pacers? To be honest what skill can you hone in a 2 weeks camp where obviously the coaching time has to be divided for batting, bowling, fielding and fitness. Only 1 out of the top 10 wicket takers in NCL is a pace bowler. This should send alarm bells to BCB. If our pacers cant take wickets in domestic cricket, what can they do in international cricket!
Unfortunately these don't ring any alarm bell...because that's very easily neutralized by ..."Our pitches aren't friendly to pace bowlers" if you question, how to develop pace bowling, you will here the same answer..."We have to develop pace friendly pitches" ..so we can't think of other aspects of pace bowling where pitch is not a factor...that Tino best and Rosch has shown us on our pitches.... But we can't think of performances beyond favorable conditions....in every department...so while performance means conditions, you can only depend on luck without any real planning for development...

Old December 10, 2012, 06:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Saqlain Mustaq is higly sought after in world cricket. BCB does their usual dilly dally and Saqi will be snapped up by other board before the blink of an eye!

A talent and ex-cricketer of Saqis class and vast experience is a huge boost for any backroom/dressing room. He can pass on amazing wealth of knowledge, skills and tips to our crickters in a language which they will have little problem understanding. This is a key point here. Descerning folks will understand this instantly. Also, it seems like Saqi likes Bangladesh and our cricket -which is also very important.

Our lads are learning to battle on the cricket field and Saqi, definitely, was a warrior cricketer.
Old December 10, 2012, 06:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i really want saklain back but i am afraid with BCB..i hope nothing like Ian Pont and J fountain situation happens
Old December 10, 2012, 06:12 AM
Cricket Sage

But he wasn't that busy before BCB recruited him....had a few short consultancy assignments only, at the national board level.
Old December 10, 2012, 06:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

^^Saqi is just starting out in coaching and i can think of 2 or 3 boards who will love to have him. Specially, after our current ODI series win. Should we play the wait and see game?
Old December 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Its not only about him teaching our boys how to bowl also making the plan and what not; giving them the believe and how to do what in what situation is very critical. most bd bowling coaches don't have that knowledge as most of them did not play in intl games. that's why i think we should rope him before he gets picked up by others... but i am afraid that's not going to happen...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The belief he put in the players is uncoachable. You have to be a Tiger in a heart before you can be the real Tiger. Otherwise you would be a bobcat. Shohag, Sunny, Raj, Shakib, Riyad all became better.
Old December 10, 2012, 01:25 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Daily Star Sport (DSS): How much credit do you take for Shohag Gazi's performance?

Saqlain Mushtaq (SM): I won't take any credit. Yes, I was in the middle trying to observe the game plan and help him mentally. But the credit goes to him. He showed some guts. We must look after him. He is in the cricketing world now. Different brains will plan against him, they will come up with new strategies to work against him. So this is the time for us to look after him.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=260685
Old December 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

^Whoever gave that interview, that's the coach I want to see with our team. Who was he again?
Old December 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
But he wasn't that busy before BCB recruited him....had a few short consultancy assignments only, at the national board level.
He did work with the kiwis I think.

I loved his interview. Just reading it is enough to know what an intelligent mind this guy has. When he used to play I remember how he would think before each delivery. Murali had his turn while Saqlain had his mind. What I like most about him is, unlike most other Pakistani players he was never proud and still seems pretty modest and humble.
Old December 11, 2012, 12:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

He would be great for the team as the spin-bowling coach, or bowling coach or even head coach. He has the passion and skills to succeed in all three roles, but does not beat his own drum. But, given the history of BCB, I don't see them doing the right thing.
Old December 11, 2012, 05:10 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

and he is here to stay...

http://www.dailyinqilab.com/details_...0page_id=%2011

great news I must say
Old December 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

From Shohag Gazi's interview Saqlain comes over and over --

আপনার বোলিংয়ে শক্তির জায়গা কোনটা?
সোহাগ: আর্ম বল আমার মূল অস্ত্র। তবে বেশির ভাগ ম্যাচে টার্নিং উইকেট ছিল বলে আর্ম বল বেশি করার প্রয়োজন হয়নি। আর সাকলায়েন ভাই দুসরা, ক্যারম বলও কীভাবে করতে হয়, দেখিয়ে দিয়েছেন।

সাকলায়েনের কথা বারবার বলছেন। আপনার সাফল্যে তাঁর ভূমিকা কতটুকু?
সোহাগ: জাতীয় দলে ঢোকার আগে আমি সপ্তাহ দুয়েক কাজ করেছি সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে। তবে জাতীয় দলে আসার পরই বেশি শিখেছি। শুধু আমি নই; রিয়াদ ভাই, রাজ ভাই সবাই। ফিল্ডিং বা পরিস্থিতি অনুয়ায়ী বোলিং করা, নতুন ব্যাটসম্যান ও সেট ব্যাটসম্যানকে কীভাবে বোলিং করতে হয়, মুভমেন্ট দেখে কীভাবে ব্যাটসম্যানকে পড়ে ফেলা যায়... এসব। প্রথম টেস্টে পাওয়েল সেঞ্চুরি করল। চা-বিরতির সময় সাকলায়েন ভাই বললেন লেগ-মিডলে একটু টেনে বোলিং করতে। বিরতির পর প্রথম বলেই ওটা করে ওকে বোল্ড করলাম।

আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এসেই সাকলায়েনকে কোচ হিসেবে পাওয়া তো ভাগ্যেরও ব্যাপার...
সোহাগ: অবশ্যই। সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের ক্ষেত্রে আরেকটা ব্যাপার হলো, শুধু ভালো কোচই নন, অসাধারণ একজন মানুষও। আমাদের সঙ্গে দ্রুত মিশতে পেরেছেন, আমরাও দ্রুত শিখতে পেরেছি। উনি চলে যাচ্ছেন, আশা করি আবার আমরা পাব ওনাকে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...12/news/312585
Old December 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq

great news I must say
BCB also had verbal agreement with Julien Fountain, and we all know what happened.
Old December 11, 2012, 05:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Fools at bcb better not screw this up. We need to keep him.
Old December 11, 2012, 05:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:

great news I must say
It could be great if he really stays. I hope BCB does not mess this up, like they did with Julien.
Old December 11, 2012, 11:49 PM

Rope him before its too late, BCB, you are too good to move late!
Old December 12, 2012, 02:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

great news I must say
Lots of questions:

Why they couldn't settle down his demands, when they discussed his role with him and he agreed to that...??
Old December 12, 2012, 09:09 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
It could be great if he really stays. I hope BCB does not mess this up, like they did with Julien.
That's what I am worrying about. Verbal contract means nothing when BCB is concerned
Old December 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...12091759157955
Old December 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
From Shohag Gazi's interview Saqlain comes over and over --

আপনার বোলিংয়ে শক্তির জায়গা কোনটা?
সোহাগ: আর্ম বল আমার মূল অস্ত্র। তবে বেশির ভাগ ম্যাচে টার্নিং উইকেট ছিল বলে আর্ম বল বেশি করার প্রয়োজন হয়নি। আর সাকলায়েন ভাই দুসরা, ক্যারম বলও কীভাবে করতে হয়, দেখিয়ে দিয়েছেন।

সাকলায়েনের কথা বারবার বলছেন। আপনার সাফল্যে তাঁর ভূমিকা কতটুকু?
সোহাগ: জাতীয় দলে ঢোকার আগে আমি সপ্তাহ দুয়েক কাজ করেছি সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে। তবে জাতীয় দলে আসার পরই বেশি শিখেছি। শুধু আমি নই; রিয়াদ ভাই, রাজ ভাই সবাই। ফিল্ডিং বা পরিস্থিতি অনুয়ায়ী বোলিং করা, নতুন ব্যাটসম্যান ও সেট ব্যাটসম্যানকে কীভাবে বোলিং করতে হয়, মুভমেন্ট দেখে কীভাবে ব্যাটসম্যানকে পড়ে ফেলা যায়... এসব। প্রথম টেস্টে পাওয়েল সেঞ্চুরি করল। চা-বিরতির সময় সাকলায়েন ভাই বললেন লেগ-মিডলে একটু টেনে বোলিং করতে। বিরতির পর প্রথম বলেই ওটা করে ওকে বোল্ড করলাম।

আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এসেই সাকলায়েনকে কোচ হিসেবে পাওয়া তো ভাগ্যেরও ব্যাপার...
সোহাগ: অবশ্যই। সাকলায়েন ভাইয়ের ক্ষেত্রে আরেকটা ব্যাপার হলো, শুধু ভালো কোচই নন, অসাধারণ একজন মানুষও। আমাদের সঙ্গে দ্রুত মিশতে পেরেছেন, আমরাও দ্রুত শিখতে পেরেছি। উনি চলে যাচ্ছেন, আশা করি আবার আমরা পাব ওনাকে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...12/news/312585

This is what Saqi was famous for reading the batsmen, find his weakness and bowl accordingly. I loved watching him bowl. And like I thought, he really is a good person.

I think Saqlain is the only foreign coach to have left such a big impression on our boys within such a short time.
Old December 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

just because Saqlain had a good impact on our bowlers particularly spinners against a team like WI which struggles against spin I'm not buying the idea of making him the head coach.
The best he can be (for the time being) is a bowling coach imo.

Sorry to say but I think we r acting like typical bangalis, ektu bhalo korsey baas,ekey mathay tuila nacho,
Srilonkay jaya jokhon spinner ra Sanga,Mahela der pedani khabe tokhon ei shob nacha nachi chuita jabey.(certainly I don't hope that happens but I would like to wait & see how they cope with Srilankans, so far Saqlain is defo a good spin coach to keep)
Old December 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I don't like this. People like Saqlain are workaholic and want to work. If he is given the job as a BCB coach, he might be under utilised, get fed up and eventually leave.

Also, the national team Head Coach is more than likely to refuse his offer as most coaches would see someone as famous, well liked person like Saqlain as a threat, annoyance, interfering and are highly unlikely to request his help.

I mean take Richard Pybus as an example, he didn't want Saqlain to conduct a spin camp. If he becomes the BCB coach are players will most likely be deprived of his guidance.

So either bring him as a National team coach, academy coach or don't bring him back at all.

Saqlain being praised by players also confirms one more thing and that is, while a lot of people say that famous players don't make good coaches, the opposite is also true.
Old December 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
just because Saqlain had a good impact on our bowlers particularly spinners against a team like WI which struggles against spin I'm not buying the idea of making him the head coach.
The best he can be (for the time being) is a bowling coach imo.

Sorry to say but I think we r acting like typical bangalis, ektu bhalo korsey baas,ekey mathay tuila nacho,
Srilonkay jaya jokhon spinner ra Sanga,Mahela der pedani khabe tokhon ei shob nacha nachi chuita jabey.(certainly I don't hope that happens but I would like to wait & see how they cope with Srilankans, so far Saqlain is defo a good spin coach to keep)
......we brought him for short term, If he has shown signs of a good spin bowling coach, then make him a spin bowling coach for longer duration....and if he continues to do well over a longer period of time and displays his ability to b a head coach, then make him HC,.....that way you get the best services from a person....

HC now is just a .....
Old December 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He has really made a huge mark on our off spinners. I would love him to stay with us for a long time. But, the problem is we don't play enough, and it will be unfair for him to stay with us knowing that we are inactive four-six months at a time. We can make him a permanent spin coach and pay him accordingly. I think Gazi needs him. He is going to be real good who will fetch us a lot of wkts. Make the investement BCB.