facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Old December 18, 2009, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Ronaldo had a great start to his career, the ending (which is very close) is not even close.. to be an acual LEGEND, you have to play amazing football throughout your whole career, not just a few years.. Figo, Zidane to name a recent few.. and if Brazil take Ronaldo instead of their current forwards, it would be the worst decision they had ever made.. i mean if Ronaldo was from US or something he could have made it, but an amazing team like Brazil doesnt ned the current him.. if they take him, why not bring Cafu, Carlos (who's playing better than him right now), Dida or Rivaldo ??

Old December 19, 2009, 09:47 AM
Cricket Legend

I'd take Ronaldo over the other four you mentioned... it's a shame that Ronaldo's career has skydived recently.
Old December 19, 2009, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red
I'd take Ronaldo over the other four you mentioned... it's a shame that Ronaldo's career has skydived recently.
the other four I mentioned are non LEGENDS.. even though they have played like or close to Ronaldo (perfromed like him) at sometime in their respective position.. just cause he is a forwarsd doesnt mean hes better than them.. people overrate forwardws and wingers just cause they can "score".. but who are the ones that dont allow them to??
Old December 19, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 19, 2009, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Definitely Ronaldo was the fastest in the field. His tread mark running was those runs crossing and dodging opponent players by speed, body control and amazing control over the ball.

It's a great miss for football that he was injured so many times due to opponent defender's faul attack. But realistically probably there is no chance for him to be back in the team as as fair as I can recall, I read an interview of Dunga in Prothom ALo where he refused about the possibility of his return.
Old December 19, 2009, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

he has no chance of returning

if he returns to Brazil National team for international matches, i will be paying all of you $100 each (shipping or transfering not included)..
Old December 23, 2009, 12:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Zee!! You made my day. Now that is some serious ball control.
Old December 23, 2009, 01:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraf-ftp
he has no chance of returning

if he returns to brazil national team for international matches, i will be paying all of you $100 each (shipping or transfering not included)..
তাইলে তো দুঙ্গার সাথে একটু যোগাযোগ করতে হয়। সেলিম মালিকের মোবাইল নাম্বারটা জানি কই রাখলাম...
Old December 24, 2009, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

The Ronaldo we saw from 1996 - 1998 was the best player of all time after Pele or Maradona. He was the complete striker, and could do anything apart from head......

Unfortunately his subsequent injuries & loss of form means that we cant classify him as a legend..
Old December 24, 2009, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
তাইলে তো দুঙ্গার সাথে একটু যোগাযোগ করতে হয়। সেলিম মালিকের মোবাইল নাম্বারটা জানি কই রাখলাম...
try to find it fast.. otherwise it will be too late..
Old January 31, 2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
Even Italy plays more attacking football than Brazil. Modern days Brazil is boring as Chelsea.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Chelsea won 7-2 against Sunderland, it was very attacking football.
Old January 31, 2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Thanks rashed for the clip.
Old February 1, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Now Ronaldinho is what you call a legend..

Ronaldo just was fast and some clinical striking skills. But Ronaldinho has it all.

dribbling, ball control, long shots, free kicks, speed, clinical striking. He has it all. Even though his stamina has dropped in the recent years.

Im making a Ronaldinho, C. Ronaldo, fat Ronaldo and messi comparison.
Old February 1, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Ronaldo had a great start to his career, the ending (which is very close) is not even close.. to be an acual LEGEND, you have to play amazing football throughout your whole career, not just a few years.. Figo, Zidane to name a recent few.. and if Brazil take Ronaldo instead of their current forwards, it would be the worst decision they had ever made.. i mean if Ronaldo was from US or something he could have made it, but an amazing team like Brazil doesnt ned the current him.. if they take him, why not bring Cafu, Carlos (who's playing better than him right now), Dida or Rivaldo ??
Exactly. Ronaldo was my favourite player at one point. It's a shame he could not maintain his dignity. Adding to your criteria another trait of a legend is knowing when to call it a day and Ronaldo is clueless about that.

And bangla-red Ronaldo over Zidane? Seriously? Maybe at his best Ronaldo was better than Zidane but if you compare their careers then he doesn't come close to Zizu.
Old February 2, 2010, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Now Ronaldinho is what you call a legend..

Ronaldo just was fast and some clinical striking skills.

I take it that you never watched football before 98...?
Old February 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I take it that you never watched football before 98...?
Well. Not regularly as I was too young to get football before 98

And what did Ronaldo do before 98 anyways? He emerged in 98, his careers turning point was 2002, which I watched very closely, every match. And I know how he played

Im not saying Ronaldo sucks, Im just saying that yes, he was a great player but isnt anymore, if he retired after the 2006 WC, I would have put him as a legend but you can see how much his value dropped in the recent years, and he only has himself to blame. His value dropped so much that actually no good club wants him and he has to play for Corinthians in a brazilian league, not even for teams like Santos or something.

I mean when you see that your team doesnt need you anymore because you are old, its the best to retire, there is a difference between cricket and football. You need much better fitness for football. In cricket a 37 year old can play as good as a 22 year old, or even better. But in football, thats very very rare because of the fitness difference between the players.

Ok, who do you call legends?? Maldini, Zidane, Figo, Maradona??
Maldini: 25 seasons for AC Milan. Did they ever try to sell him?? Even when he was 40, his value didnt drop, why?? Because he is an actual legend.

Zidane: After he joined Bordeaux, he never had to look back. Juventus then Real Madrid. 2 of the best clubs in the world. When he saw that his value was dropping and he knew that its time to leave with dignity. And thats exactly what he did, the perfect time to retire. If he still played, most probably his value would have been low and he wouldnt have been a legend.

Figo: Almost same thing as Zidane. Once he joined Sporting, he never looked back. Then Barcelona then to Real Madrid at the peak of his career. Then when Madrid sold him, he still had good value so Inter bought him, which is another great club. He played for Inter sometime, and when he wasnt getting regular games, he decided it was time to retire and he did and again the perfect timing.

Ronaldo: I dont know whats wrong with him. He kicked his main career off with PSV, then to Barca. Then sold to Inter and then to Real Madrid. That was the peak of his career. When he realized he wasnt getting regular games in Real Madrid, he should have retired, then people would have remembered him, its not like he was to young to retire as a football player, cause he was 31. But he kept playing and got transferred to Milan because of Capello getting pissed at his weight gain. Now you might say that he had a lot of injuries but I would say that he had injuries cause of his weight, it was just too hard for him. When he was still not recovering from his injuries properly and kept on gaining more weight and got less and less chance for Milan, he should have seriously retired then. But he still kept playing. And his popularity dropped so much at that time because people were pissed at him. I like to think of myself as a good updated soccer fan. I know pretty much all the big transfers. But he got another knee injury for the third time and was released by Milan. Now, an actual legend wont be released by his club, doesnt matter how much injuries, they will just tell him to give it up and retire. Probably Milan did too, but he didnt listen. I didnt hear about all this until Ronaldo actually played half a season with Corinthians. Thats just how he rised and fell as a star.
Old February 13, 2010, 09:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Is Dunga taking Ronaldinho in the team? Last heard he wasn't featured against Ireland (practice match).
Old February 13, 2010, 09:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Figo who? What is he doing in this thread?
Old February 28, 2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red
Actually, he is unlucky because of his injuries.
Old March 1, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Where's Babubangla with his France thread?
Old May 12, 2010, 11:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Ronaldiho team'a nai? Brazil is that strong? OMG!!
Old May 12, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

hmm... will be missing Ronaldinho in the middle. Brazil not that strong in the attacking midfield area with Kaka just finding form back recently.

Then again its a very different Brazil from what we have seen in the past few world cup, and for Dunga's team the attack/goals are not created in the middle with short samba style passing and ball possession (like in 1998/2002/2006). Instead now the attack originates from further back and relies extensively on the wings (and ofcourse the quality of Maicon/Dani Alves is not same as Cafu/R.Carlos). And not to mention Brazil's defense and goalie is stronger & solid than ever (ppl seldom talked about brazil's defense and goalie in the last decade).

So the gameplay and style of Brazil in this WC will be significantly different from what we have seen for the past 3 WCs.... and the team certainly looks weaker than the past teams. But overall quality of football has dropped for most of the other teams anyway and the game is in South Africa where European teams are bound to struggle. So all in all, only time will tell if Dunga's tactic will prevail.... GO BRAZIL !!!!!!
Old May 13, 2010, 08:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Ronaldiho team'a nai? Brazil is that strong? OMG!!
Ronaldhinio is not even that good any more... maybe we will see some new Brazilian players emerging this WC.
Old May 18, 2010, 05:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Time to gear up boys.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 18, 2010, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

I'm a bit dissapointed not to see Pato and Ronaldinho in the team.